RBC

RBC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and learning environment
Enterprise Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Excellent work culture with good benefits and flexible working hours. The co-employees are very supportive and the training system is top notch.
My work place
Sr. Analyst, Project Governance Office (Current Employee), torontoApril 11, 2015
Large organisation with excellent career development and progression options. lots of opportunity to learn and contribute to the growth of my team and organisation
potluck lunches
Client advisor (Current Employee), Birtle, MBApril 10, 2015
Pros: there are so many benefit to being a employee for RBC!
Cons: none that I can think of!
The staff at one small town branch have a lunch potluck every Tuesday and spend at little time getting to know each other its a very nice setting and has a family feel to it.
Ugh...terrible
Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Long hours, stressful, terrible managers, underpaid
- As a banking advisor you take 100+ calls per day
- Managers are lame and unsupportive
- Job is extremely stressful
- Micromanaged
- Long hours
- Underpaid
Review
Insurance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015

high-energy and fast-paced
Technical Analyst/FIX Certifier (Current Employee), 155 Wellington Street WestMarch 31, 2015
I have learnt different skills over the period of 2 years with RBC Capital Markets. Such as UNIX, to be able to locate raw data within server boxes. XML language in order to do my job efficiently. Using different front end systems such as the Bloomberg terminal, Fidessa, RFM and VeriFIX.

Maintaining relationships with the business is the hardest part of the job. Requirements change in an instance and one has to be able to adapt in order to keep both entities pleased.

The most enjoyable part of this role, is knowing the client is happy and is able to trade without any issues.
Productive and fun place to work.
Executive Protection (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: learned new skills
Cons: not enough hours
This was a very challenging position and demanded a lot of me. The need to remain professional at all times was paramount and I learned how to deal with many different types of people.
Growth opportunity
Investment specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaMarch 8, 2015
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: n/a
I have just been with RBC for just over a year and is now training in investment department. Hardwork pays, if you love what you are doing RBC rewards your dedication.
Environment where everyone are counted equal
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2015
What I love most about RBC is diversity. People from different parts of the world works together as a team. I was just a Coop there, but i was treated same as any other Full-Time employee.
Fun and fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
-Answering phone calls, solving customer complaints
-Learned advanced information about finance
-Motivating Management
-Fun and out-going co-workers
-Nothing really hard about it. Duties are simple and easy to learn and complete.
-Most enjoyable part of the job is the bonuses you can receive.
High paced working environment
Community Manager, Enterprise Social Media (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 4, 2015
Pros: being off-site to cover live events for social media inclusion
Cons: often worked late evenings or weekends
Work days depended on whether I was part of the Admin team or part of the Social Media team. Admin allowed for 9-5 work cycle, while social media often allowed for varying times of work, and often included weekends during events. Had the pleasure of working with great and energetic colleagues while mentoring new staff.
Excellent Brand
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: top recognized brand in north america
Cons: na
My personal review is that I am working for one the most recognized brand in north america. Their training excels in every field and enjoying meeting highly professional individuals and I am excited to share my 25 yrs of work experiences.
Great experience overall
Banking Advisor - Outbound (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good salary, recognition for hard work
Cons: repetitiveness
A typical day at work would be starting getting all your systems ready on the computer to proactively contact existing RBC clients(the automated dailer makes the calls). Discuss clients financial goals, spot opportunities, up selling, making referrals to other colleges when needed.

Management is great, always supportive. Co-workers(probably will depends on your team, however an overall review would be that they a pretty good).

The hardest part I would say would be that time to time you may not have a good day or maybe calls coming one after another, so it could be draining sometimes.

Most enjoyable part will be team outings, every quarter every team will go out (for example in the last 2 hours of your shift on a Friday or something) for dinner or karaoke and stuff.
Productive and disciplined. Fun place to work. Friendly work culture.
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Day starts with a cup of coffee.
Quick look at emails in between "hello" and "good morning" to the co-workers.
Slowly go deep into the work
Attend scrum meeting and decide goal
Work accordingly
A day at Royal Bank of Canada
Commercial Sales Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: repetitiveness
Royal Bank of Canada is a great financial institution where the main focus are to help our clients and communities build a better future. I try to give each client the best service possible to make sure they leave the facility with a smile. Since my two years of work, I have invested my time in delivering quality products and services as well as making a difference in the communities that I serve. My shared values of service, teamwork, responsibility, diversity and integrity help me guide my behaviors and decisions toward the well-being of my clients. Everyday you face different situations concerning financial problems, administrative tasks as well as responsibilities, which help me gain professional skills.

The best part of the job would probably be creating a relationship with clients and knowing that they trust you to make the best decision for them and their financial future. It is all about trust and loyalty.

Teamwork is extremely important for the reason that I have been a basketball player all my life and being part of a team with different personalities is always overwhelming. However, if you know how to interact and manage those diverse personalities you get something great. It is easier and more fun to work in a teamwork environment. Also, you not only learn from them but learn from yourself as well. In other words, how you manage certain situations and conflicts as well as how you can communicate and fix those issues.

Overall, it has been a great experience so far to be part of the Royal Bank of Canada team but I am now looking for new challenges where I can get more responsibilities as well as gain professional experience and skills.
Professional environment with a lot of room to grow within the firm
Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good career prospects
A very professional setting with some of the best people to work with. A high paced environment with a good work / life balance.
It is an ideal place to work
TECHNICAL ARCHITECT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
RBC is a right place to work for any Software Professional
As the name RBC is a great and fun at work place, I have been learning a lot here ! It is an honor to be a part of this great organization.
Its a retail store, however I was in a beauty department
Banker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: base + commission
Cons: n/a
I worked as a beauty advisor with a permanent placement of 18 hours per week. I enjoyed the role however with my full time position I had to leave due to my transfer.
workplace
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
great company to work with.
Lots of learning opportunities.
Co-workers are helpful
downside of it is to continue with the project and transition into a permanent role as their is no opportunities in the near future.
Program Manager Canadian Mortgage (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice comp and people to work with
Good place to work, good people and lots of opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, to be successful think and be dynamic and don't just rely on the standard processes to get work done.

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC

We’re a 79,000-strong global financial services team serving more than 18 million business, individual, and institutional – Read more