RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,156 reviews matching the search
A fair employer
Financial Advisor (Cost Allocations) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
A fair employer
Typical day has no structure, goes according to daily priorities. Have to be mindful of coming back to own tasks in time after meeting urgent requests. Done is considered better than perfect which is good and practical. Information received is sometimes good but sometimes not. Most work and initiatives have to be agreed to or reviewed by many partners due to being a large organization with multiple cross functional impact of any change There are many deadlines each month which need to be met despite distractions. Colleagues are friendly and nice. Management can do a better HR work.
Pros
Discounts with most big retailers, vendors, service providers
Cons
Long Hours, difficult work life balance
Good stable work place
Investment Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada17 July 2017
Deals with clients on a regular basis. Have lot to do with stock market purchase and sale of stocks. Early start and early finish to work day compensation could be much much better.
Bank
Assistant Manager of Personal Banking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
Things have changed at RBC on the personal side of banking over the past twenty years. Not sure how relevant the information is. they are very supportive of students and provide great working hours.
productive and great opportunities
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
- lots of opportunities to advance, move and learn multiple skills
- team environment,
- allows for individual suggestion to improve policies, procedures
Excellent staff
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dryden, ON15 July 2017
Great place to work, lots of fun supporting community events.
The 6 week training is very thorough and informative.
You are placed with a mentor for part of your training which is very helpful
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
not enough hours
where I can use my knowledge and skills
Senior Manager, Predictive Modelling (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 July 2017
good experiences, where I can use all my skill and knowledge, such statistics, modelling, and SAS programming, analytics skills. I can handle many projects at the same time and deliver excellent good results. I was able to resolve complex problems, and built much better models than previous one. I models I built has been demonstarted their superior over the past models.
Pros
time is flexible, have all the tools neccessay.
Cons
too few excerpts, no much discussion
Decent with no long term view
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
I structured environment latent with processes and policies to adhere to. Decent wages but highly unfulfilling. Not an environment for a creative individual.
Pros
salaries
Cons
pressure, many processes, resistent to change, no loyalty to staff
Not fun
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 July 2017
Not the best job.
Said I would need only months to advance but then stated at least 1-2 years.
Management wasn't aligned with job requirements when it came to reviews.
Productive and very social environment to get to know customers
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
As a customer service representative at the Royal Bank branch, I enjoyed helping clients and solving their problems. Sometimes have to multitask and be organized.
Pros
Enjoyed talking to clients
Cons
Sometimes handled difficult customers
Apply at your own risk
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ohsweken, ON12 July 2017
Prepare to be treated like a used car salesmen. Management expects results but could care less about your development. Salary was garbage in comparison to other positions with the same responsibilities. Was asked to attach products to clients accounts without permission
Benefits
Cons
Brutal management, bad ethics, low compensation
Manager Client Care (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON12 July 2017
Great team environment..people development I have enjoyed working here but my role is changing and I am ambitious and would like to be in a management role
Pros
team environment
Cons
lack of training for new roles
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
good culture, great work life balance, but little incentive to progress within company due to low salary increases. A person with similar skill set coming from outside RBC will get a higher salary than you when applying to the same position. RBC policy is to provide none to little salary increase to internal transfers, even if position you applied to is in the next salary band.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low salary increases
Great Work Culture
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 July 2017
A very good place to work. Management is great and supportive. I work Monday to Friday 9-5. The hardest part of the job is the continuity. I like having opportunities to advance if I desire to do so.
Amazing experience
Account Service Agent | AML dept (Former Employee) –  York Mills, ON11 July 2017
Currently working at RBC as a summer student in the AML department; anti money laundering. I audit files of business clients and make sure all documents are In order; send out emails to account/branch managers etc. Other than my work, I have learned a great deal about working in a corporate environment. It's truly a once in a life time experience to see first hand how managers, senior managers, and directors interact with workers. How friendly and humble everyone is, how hard working everyone is, how work can be more than just a boring desk job.
Pros
many social events
Cons
desk job
Fun Workplace
Manager Process and Reporting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Looking to innovate , adoption of new technologies to imporve overall work environment.

Opportunity to work independently but red tapism is extreme in business areas.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized hieararchies
ethical and efficient environment but sterile and boring
Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2017
Strong senior management with a keen focus on running an ethical business. At the same time, the environment was devoid of fun. The pay was ok, but the long-term incentive program locks you in and makes moving difficult.
Pros
ethical, respectable, reasonable pay
Cons
work/life balance, no fun, constant restructurings
meetings with user-groups
Senior Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
great environment at RBC with great locations in Toronto- easy access to go-trains and subways.
The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. Very supportive and hard-working individuals with loyalty and integrity
Positive Place
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2017
I enjoyed working for RBC (and Royal Trust back in the day). The staff were friendly and helpful. It was a great place to get started in my career after graduating university and I was able to move around quite a bit within the company. There were always opportunities to grow and develop.
Pros
great potential for advancement
Banking Specialist
Call Center Banking specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 July 2017
Great way to learn about new products and call handling and client service.
Opportunity to meet good people and lasting corporate friendships. One of the best training programs I have had the pleasure of completing.
It is fun to work here but a little favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2017
Nice place to work at with a great team and supportive colleagues who are very helpful during training. but after that, you are on your own and you have to earn your clients. Not a fun place to work at, obviously very formal, but if you like what you do, RBC will let you advance if you keep working hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.