RBC Employee Reviews

Great way to get your career started
CAREER LAUNCH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  180 Wellington street west12 December 2017
Rotational program with 1 year paid experience in banking. 6 months working in a branch, 3 months working with a charity, 3 months working in head office setting.
Ambitious workplace, great people
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
A lot of good people who are working collaboratively on their respective projects for the greater good our our users' and, ultimately, for our clients.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not many opportunities for vertical advancement
i like my experience there.
Client advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
It was a good job I picked up a lot of skill that will help me in my future endeavors. I loved interacting with coworkers and client. I meet a lot of people. the lack of accommodation to my studies caused me to quit.
Pros
family environment
Cons
not good for part timers
RBC is a good stepping stone.
Client Advisor / Central Teller Alternate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 December 2017
I believe that RBC is a good stepping stone until you find a career in a field you are interested in. The management leaves room for improvement as well as the work life balance.
Sales Driven Environment
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2017
-daily and weekly sales targets are always the priority and are reviewed with management on a regular basis.
-client needs are put first, with excellence on customer service experience.
-All aspects of RBC work together on an initial goal
-Team work is a great contributing factor to individual success
-Most enjoyable part is meeting new business clients and assisting them with any issues they may have starting up or running their companies.
I didn't have a positive experience while there.
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON4 December 2017
my stay there was not a positive experience, for reasons that I'd rather keep private on this platform. the company did not live up to the terms of the contract that we had entered into, when I joined them.
Potential for more Productivity
PROJECT LEAD/SME, S BA, SENIOR BA, (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
Senior management and executive management were professional and more than aware and competent.
Director level and below are more involved with internal politics and turf security than project management or productivity.
As a contractor, I had the opportunity to see this culture up close in several areas of the bank over several contracts.
Pros
Well run by competent senior and executive management
Cons
Don't know where they hire management - not from the large pool of inept and selfserving directors
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2017
great company , good management team with a positive attitude.
never a dull moment, always new things to learn. Team always there to help you . Positive Moral
Good company
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
Good company to work with, worked for 10 years , the work life balance was good, enjoyed the team building activities, and picnics at the company. Will go back again.
a good place to work
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
It's a fast pace environment some dept are highly stressful... always learning something new.
I've learned to assist with issues and learn how the applications works on the back end.
One of my concerns were the work load, I got really stressed out because of the work I had.
What I look forward to each day is my colleagues ... we work as a team and support each other.
Pros
free lunches when it busy
Cons
to learn
Client Advisor
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2017
Good organization to get your foot in the door in the corporate world. RBC is a very community-oriented corporate organization that will inspire you to be involved in your local community initiatives.
Pros
Good training programs
Cons
Poor chances for advancement if conventional promotion paths aren't satisfactory for you.
great atmosphere
CAO/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba29 November 2017
Great management. The job provides amazing benefits and there is always room for growth if you want to move up within the company. Had the privilege of working with some of the best people there.
Worst choice ever
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Very bad workplace culture. Incompetent management.
Managers have no vision due to their limited education background.
Nothing positive can be learned by working here.
limit salary growth
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Great company to work for but compensation could be better. Employees are encourage based on your manager but you need to be pushy to very vocal to have your point accross.
poor work environment
Senior Principle Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2017
extremely poor work environment and lack of effective management. would have to pay me extremely well to put up with this environment. 3 contractors refused extensions without another job lined up, which says volumes.
good benefits
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
work life balance is non-existant. Underpaid for the amount of work.
good group of colleagues;
not boring
do not put employees 1st only if friends with a manager
benefits, vacation, some managers and good colleagues and quitting time are best parts of the job.
Pros
benefits and colleagues
Cons
no work life balance, underpaid
Great culture and an amazing company to work for
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 November 2017
I really value being part of the team here and am encouraged to develop my skills to further enhance my capabilities and career. Collaboartion is a key driver in this company and what makes it a great place to work.
Customer Service and issue resolution (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at the Royal Bank. The only reason I left was for a change in career. I worked with and for really good people. The staff were professional.
Good place to work but not a long term.
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  360 Pearl St Burlington.23 November 2017
Worked for RBC many years in different roles.
Enjoyed my job overall.
Staffing was an issue most of the time.
Management changes frequently and each one brought in different strengths and weakness.
In some branches the Manager was keen to wear different hats and work with the staff ongoing.
Not consistent in all branches so moral is typically low.
Pros
Talking with clients
Cons
Having to work and fill in when no staff.
Financial Systems Advisor -WM t Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
Overall a good place to work, with good environment.and culture.
Banking industry is becoming extremely competitive and during recent restructuring the position I was working got impacted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.