RBC

RBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and educational work place
Service Coordinator Substitute (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
I was trained as the temporary service coordinator and have learned a lot about working in the administration environment.
Good pay and benefit but could be boring and depressive
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Pay/Benefit
Cons: Dull working environment
Depending on where you are, they may be paying the best among the top 5 banks in GTA.

Lots of contractors and restructuring these day, many policy and procedure regardless their meaningfulness, lack of creativity/typical banking environment, middle management can be extremely lack of skill/experience and political.

Not recommended for anyone who needs inspiration and passion at work.
Great People..
Senior IT Architect (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
I had the luck of having a great manager at RBC which made it fun to work there. If anyone saw a way of making things better we were told to make it happen. Not many places take change so easily, keep in mind that was just the department I was in. Not all locations or managers may be the same.
Holistic Approach - Results Oriented Organization
Branch Manager (Current Employee), 5280 St. Margaret's Bay Rd., Upper Tantallon NSJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Exceptional technology - Global opportunities
Cons: Pedal to the metal 24-7
Responsible to Lead a Team of professionals to deliver Advice-based results through exceptional client discovery at every interaction opportunity.
above average
Banking Advisor (Account Manager) (Current Employee), vancouverJune 30, 2015
really easy going company and co-workers are super friendly, taking this job as part-time while in school, good experience working in the back office to support broker.
Decent Field Service TSA Position
RBC TSA (Technical Support Analyst) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: Paid Expenses (such as parking, dinner, mileage)
Cons: Long hours sometimes.
The position required quite a bit of working and trust to be able to work in a secure financial environment. Typical work days sometimes consist of short hours, while others were long hours.
Good Company
Commodities Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
It's a great company to start your career off at. Had a chance to grow and learn while providing my expertise in commodities and financial analysis.
Excellent Employer
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee), St. John's NLJune 3, 2015
Pros: Fun Clients
Cons: Had to pay for Parking
This was a very fun place to work. Great clients, co workers but management could use some education in how to manage.

I would recommend RBC to anyone looking to start a career in financing.
Good Luck
CPO (Former Employee), TORONTOJune 2, 2015
This is a good company that is very poorly staffed

Chances of landing in a "good team" are 1 in 5. There is little to no control over the consistency of the experience and culture.

Some teams and some managers are great to work with, encourage you to go the extra mile and teach you a lot. But this is the exception to the rule.

Most of the time you're stuck with a team that is not engaged or motivated, and a manager who's insecure and malicious. There is also a general sense of inadequacy that goes all the way up the chain. Which is reflective of the corrupt hiring/promotion practices which are widely known.
ability to work independently
Mortgage agent (Former Employee), KitchenerMay 30, 2015
Pros: helping clients in reaching their financial freedomn
Cons: company objective changing
great people and fun environment. supportive management,

learned a lot of self management and time management.

i loved my job in every aspect, the hardest part of the job was , the company objective were changing.

when i joined the banking industry i was thought to do whatever was best for the client, over the years their objective changed and it became more of quantitative selling and not quality selling to the best interest of the client. ,
This company is one of the best companies in Canada
QA lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
Worklife balance is good in this company. I have learnt somany new things from this company., I have worked with different people from different countries. Totally this company is one of the good companies to work in canada.
It was alright
Co-op student (Former Employee), Carleton Place, OnMay 22, 2015
My placement at RBC was short but enjoyable. I learned a lot about the finical industry in my time as a co-op student. I learned that the job was not for me but it has a positive work enviroment and good training.
PRODUCTIVE WITH THE FUN OF HARD WORK AND DEDICATION AT WORK PLACE
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), 10 YORK MILLS, TORONTO, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: HALF AN HOUR LUNCH
Cons: HALF AN HOUR BREAK
THE OVERALL REVIEW IN RBC IS EXCELLENT DUE TO FULL DEDICATION TO THE WORK ASSIGNED WITH QUIET HONESTY AND FAIRNESS. IT IS ALMOST 11 YEARS TO WORK IN RBC ENJOYING THE FLEXIBILITY OF TIMING AND VARIETY OF WORK.
Very great place to work for
Sr QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2015
Learnt a Lot Senors help juniors a lot Very Good Environment flexible management and trained few new comers co-op's and students
Productive and learning environment
Enterprise Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Excellent work culture with good benefits and flexible working hours. The co-employees are very supportive and the training system is top notch.
My work place
Sr. Analyst, Project Governance Office (Current Employee), torontoApril 11, 2015
Large organisation with excellent career development and progression options. lots of opportunity to learn and contribute to the growth of my team and organisation
potluck lunches
Client advisor (Current Employee), Birtle, MBApril 10, 2015
Pros: there are so many benefit to being a employee for RBC!
Cons: none that I can think of!
The staff at one small town branch have a lunch potluck every Tuesday and spend at little time getting to know each other its a very nice setting and has a family feel to it.
Ugh...terrible
Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Long hours, stressful, terrible managers, underpaid
- As a banking advisor you take 100+ calls per day
- Managers are lame and unsupportive
- Job is extremely stressful
- Micromanaged
- Long hours
- Underpaid
Review
Insurance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015

high-energy and fast-paced
Technical Analyst/FIX Certifier (Current Employee), 155 Wellington Street WestMarch 31, 2015
I have learnt different skills over the period of 2 years with RBC Capital Markets. Such as UNIX, to be able to locate raw data within server boxes. XML language in order to do my job efficiently. Using different front end systems such as the Bloomberg terminal, Fidessa, RFM and VeriFIX.

Maintaining relationships with the business is the hardest part of the job. Requirements change in an instance and one has to be able to adapt in order to keep both entities pleased.

The most enjoyable part of this role, is knowing the client is happy and is able to trade without any issues.

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC

We’re a 79,000-strong global financial services team serving more than 18 million business, individual, and institutional – Read more