RBC Insurance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unrealistic exceptions
Life and Living Benefits Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Big name
Cons: Awful work place, lots of unnecessary stress
RBC, great company, great benefits.
Terrible pay structure, lots of targets, too much hassle no room for advancement. Micromanagement at its best, awful place to be working at.
Configuration Analyst Co-op Student (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Networking, Management, Enthusiastic Co-workers
Positive working environment that supports collaboration and cooperation among all their employees. You will receive ample opportunities to network with colleagues to achieve your career goals.
Productive, Challenging and Friendly atmosphere.
Onboarding and Training Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great work culture.
Cons: Nothing at all.
- Amazing employee training and development initiatives.
- Competitive compensation and perks package
- Compassionate and resourceful Management
- Socially responsible
Retail/Direct Case Coordinator [Resigned to finish last semester of college]
Retail / Direct Case Coordinator (Former Employee), MeadowvaleJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Amazing team, great work atmosphere
Cons: i resigned on my own & i regret that decision
Prompt life insurance application processing and tracking
Post-issue life insurance customer service
Implement, coordinate and manage an ongoing caseload of active life insurance files
Liaise/Negotiate activities with the brokers, consultants, branch manager and the underwriting department
Communicate effectively with management and account managers on cases
Maintain and respect confidential medical information
Interact with relevant parties in a tactful and objective manner in sensitive/difficult circumstances
Collect data from the insured to complete claims file, identifies and verifies the client’s insurance policy
while ensuring that eligibility requirements are met
Prioritizes new and existing cases into the daily fluctuating workload identifying the complexity and needs of
each case
Recognizes and escalates situations where customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness are at risk and
therefore special consideration may be required
Translates medical documents and inputs information into case notes
Verifying the accuracy of all new insurance applications, taking steps to resolving any inaccuracies.
Ensuring pending cases are resolved status checks and investigation
Ensuring all outstanding requirements such as questionnaires, amendments and payments are
received/recorded.
Overall
P&C Insurance Agent - Field Sales (Former Employee), Vaughan OntarioJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Banking Advantage
Cons: Poor Sales compensation
The biggest banking institution in North America. Sales Compensation structure can never be understood. Positives. Great place to work but as a producer its not really a place to be if you want to make adequate money commensurate with your production activities.
Great Compnay
Intake Coordinator & Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
Great company, great people to work with - always enjoy working with RBC. Team player company, great working envoronment
A short get together every week used to be fun.
Inbound - customer service specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free snacks
My Sup was an excellent friendly person thereby keeping the team highly motivated and jovial.

Though our job was selling RBC Insurance over the phone, because of the motivated environment, I could exceed the target most of the days and was announced as the star of the team at our weekly meetings.
Didnt really enjoy it
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 20, 2015
I found this job when i was really in need but i didnt really enjoy it. I don't enjoy sitting in one place i like moving around and working
Fair minded company
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
-Good management
-fair with employees
-Recognize strengths and weaknesses and recommend jobs based on such
-cooperative staff
-not great benefits for contract employees
-room for advancement
Great company, tough job
Life and Living Benefits Advisor (Current Employee), BramptonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: will spend money to put on seminars
Cons: commission structure needs to be evaluated.
Hardest part of the job is getting appointments. The leads provided are not very strong. Need to rely on your personal network to be successful.
Great place to learn a lot. But call centers can be brutal.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2015
The Good Stuff:
Great pay and benefits.
Managers were supportive.

The Not So Good Stuff:
Not much advancement.
Call center environment can be brutal.
Productive workplace with good benefits.
New Business Case Coordinator (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 8, 2015
A day at work includes dealing with brokers and MGAs via telephone and email. Working accordingly to meet deadlines and abide by the turnaround times which mostly include doing the QAs and ensuring that all requirements are followed up accordingly.
Each day there are different situations allowing me to learn more about the products offered and on a whole the insurance industry itself.
The managers are leaders with good qualities. They have an open door policy making staff comfortable to relate to them with any situation. My co-workers are hard workers with amazing personalities. They are helpful and demonstrate team work constantly.
The hardest part of my job is not having the information at hand that is needed to carry a specific task. With that said the role facilitates extensive communication and allows me to deal with different people every day. I enjoy this and finds satisfaction in helping the clients in a quickly and effective manner.
RBC is a well developed company with good insurance products, staff and management. RBC provides the opportunity for their staff to grow and develop through various courses and workshops.
Activities are done to make staff feel comfortable including a balance work and lifestyle.
The environment is comfortable and appropriate to work in which also enable staff to work accordingly to achieve the company's goals
Reward for job productivity
Enterprise Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee), IssissaugaSeptember 30, 2014
Just attended the RBC national conference award ceremony, lovely motivational incentive for job well done.
Just worked one year in commission
Investment & Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: training
Big company, with good facilities and cares about employees
RBC's culture
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 1, 2014
I am free as a bird to build my business by connecting with people all over the area. I mainly look for opportunities to open conversations by asking questions and listening for needs. I use value props and "Why would you do business with me" persuasion to build likeability, creditability and valuable advice. I belong to organizations to network and volunteer to become a staple in the communities that I serve. I focus on my natural strengths by building relationships and rapport from trust and understanding. I believe in what I do which makes everything fun and rewarding.
this job give me more skills and experiences
Customer service (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 19, 2014
It improved my computer software skills, help me learn and practise softwares, improve my management skills, teacher me to be a good team player.
Director, Reinsurance & Counterparty Mgmt (Former Employee), mississauga, ontarioAugust 13, 2014
RBC allowed me to have a good work life balance as this is something that they took an interest in with all employees. The location was ideal as it was very close to my home which allowed for flexibility with time. Co-workers were easy to deal with and when problems arose, it made discussions easy to handle and there was no tension later. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships inside and outside of work and the various components of my role.
Claims Manager (Current Employee), TorontoMay 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: no career development programs that really work
Fun and easy going collegues
Managers are not so open to change or flexibility
Professional growth is based on tenure only.
If you want a stable job this is the place to be.
Good benefits (standard in the Industry)
Excellent Corporate Citizen.
Fast Paced and Customer Focused
Inside Claims Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: staff team is awesome
Cons: need more team members
Once you enter the building you begin your day. There is not enough hours in the day. I have learned how to make a client experience a smooth one from beginning to end. '

My colleagues that I work with on a daily basis is what make me want to come into work every day.

The hardest part of the job is trying to service each and every client in a 7.5 hour day.

The most enjoyable part of the day again is working with the people I work with every day.
A great place to work. Co-workers very helpful and work/home life balance encouraged and supported.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
As an executive assistant my job was to manage calendars and provide administrative support to two very busy executives. I booked meetings, arranged travel, prepared expense reports, etc. Loved discussing what needed to be done with them each morning and then being left to do it. For the most part enjoyed every aspect of the work involved.