RBC Insurance Employee Reviews

Good Benefits but wrapped in time zone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
Nice place to work if you are looking for short time. Movement within ranks is quite difficulty unless you are the boot polishing style. Rare regard to education or outstanding performance. They have excellent talent but overpowered by crazy approach which are not realistic - only talking about insurance as I do not know out of that.
Pros
Good Benefits but no pension
Cons
Career progression limited
Great company to work with
Team Lead and Senior Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
Great place to work , fun and diversified work force. I was happy to return to the same organization I worked for over 12 years ago. Back then as a full time employee. I rejoined again as a contractor from June 2015.
Pros
Friendly environment that makes you want to work hard for this great organization
Cons
Decision process sometimes take very long and it can get bogged down.
Administrative duties slow you down but otherwise a great place to work
Life Insurance / Employee Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2016
Being home-based in the insurance business has advantages and disadvantages. You don't have the daily commute to deal with but you spend a lot of time accounting for your daily sales activity. The benefits plan is great, the workplace is filled with terrific professionals and I felt welcomed at any branch and division in the company. A frustrating duty is maintaining activity records and completing continuing education remotely with a system that fails on a consistent basis.

Every career has it's burdens and this one is no exception. That said, it was a pleasure to be part of the company work with a great group of people.
RBC is a great place to work
Sr. Group Service Representative, Group Benefits (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 February 2017
I enjoyed my workmates and management. A very committed structure to helping employees grow into their best. The culture is family friendly and easy to make lasting friendships.
Good benefits
Life & Living Benefits / Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
Pros: Good benefits, flexibility, training available.

Con: Long days, limited salary growth with commission, high turnover rate.
volunteer work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON14 December 2016
Great people, great staff a very good life changing volunteer expierience. When it comes to careers this place is open for advancement and new hires all the time.
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 February 2016
Fast pace environment.Great co-workers. Good benefits. Loved the work, always busy. Learned a lot about insurance. Drive was too long.
Pros
good company
Cons
Productive and supportive workplace.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2016
I truly enjoyed working with RBC due to the supportive and friendly environment at work. It felt more like a family. Also, working with the employees and candidates for the claims and sales department was a great learning experience.
Not the greatest work environment
Home and Auto Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2016
Management has changed over the years and have become very hard to deal with. They have unreasonable expectations and treat front line staff poorly. It used to be a decent place to work but now everyone is trying to leave and management does not care.
Productive Work Place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Worked for an Insurance Agent, very frustrating job, must have lots of patience to work as a telemarketer. People will yell and scream at you and you must be able to keep your cool.
Great training provided
home and auto call centre - LIA (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2015
Was provided with a comprehensive training that had me ready to take on my role.
Lots of work needed to keep things consistent.
Great coworkers make it enjoyable, Tim Hortons, Starbucks and a great cafeteria.
Benefits package was not as great other smaller companies I have worked for.
Over all good place to work.
Pros
Great team to work with, free parking
Cons
Long hours (overtime is a must), stress
rbci
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
Start the day, check emails, prioritize responses, check task list, prioritize my tasks. Than I get started on the emails, which includes but not limited to processing requests and solving problems. After that I work on my assigned tasks, building RTQ's (real time quote) according to my client (brokers) specifications. After completing the RTQ, I submit to our partnering department.

During the course of the day, I may receive a fully underwritten quote, which I then discount and generate a proposal for presentation to our client.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unrewarding
Good place to learn Canadian workplace culture
Licensed Insurance Advisor, Home & Auto (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2016
Diverse team that results in lot of cross- learning opportunities. Systems are outdated and a result you can lose your credibility when interacting with clients.
Pros
Recognizes international credentials
Cons
Have to start your career from scratch if you come from a different country
Unrealistic exceptions
Life and Living Benefits Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga20 August 2015
RBC, great company, great benefits.
Terrible pay structure, lots of targets, too much hassle no room for advancement. Micromanagement at its best, awful place to be working at.
Pros
Big name
Cons
Awful work place, lots of unnecessary stress
Productive, Challenging and Friendly atmosphere.
Onboarding and Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2015
- Amazing employee training and development initiatives.
- Competitive compensation and perks package
- Compassionate and resourceful Management
- Socially responsible
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Nothing at all.
Management can ruin a good thing
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On10 September 2015
Over all RBC Insurance started out as a decent place to work. My experience there was alright but it went down hill due to my manager. She brought down morale and really made the environment icy. Not somewhere I would work again at this phase in my life.
benefits
Cons
environment
Diverse and Fun place to work
Licensed Insurance Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2016
A typical day at work would include maintaining clients home and auto insurance policies while participating in many various workplace events. During my time here I have learned that continuous education is an asset to not only yourself but to the clients we serve as well. RBC has wonderful programs in place for continuous education and encourages all employees to take advantage of this. I learned how to work independently with little to no supervision as well as productively as a team. The management I have had over the years has been invaluable and my current manager has been an important mentor for me. I work with a diverse group of people who each bring something interesting to the table. Each one of us is driven and focused on bringing RBC's visions and values to life and enjoy participating in a variety of events. I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy coming to work with my co-workers every day. The hardest part of this job is keeping up with the demands of client needs, however, RBC is one of the leading insurance companies and under the guidance of our CEO we are constantly improving and enhancing the way we do things. It is a challenge, but one that is readily accepted. The most enjoyable part of working for RBC, for me, is the diversity and community involvement that is so deeply ingrained in its values and I am thankful to be able to participate in events for charities such as JDRF and United Way. RBC is an employer I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Fun events, diverse workplace, client service and wonderful people
Cons
Work hours - each person had to cover a weekend shift each shift bid
The most memorable place I have ever worked for!!!
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2013
RBC insurance was one of my first jobs This job provided me the essential tools that has given me great professional opportunities.

The people were fantastic and the benefits. The social events, the prizes, and most importantly the caring environment.

Thank you for teaching me everything I need to know about customer service and the importance of working for a Canadian company.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
There is no Con
Very Pleasant Atmosphere
Home and Auto Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
Very good work environment, co-workers are very friendly.
A lot of room to move up, based on good performance.
Management is very helpful and friendly.
Pros
great managers and co-workers
Cons
exhausting hours
Overall
P&C Insurance Agent - Field Sales (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Ontario5 July 2015
The biggest banking institution in North America. Sales Compensation structure can never be understood. Positives. Great place to work but as a producer its not really a place to be if you want to make adequate money commensurate with your production activities.
Pros
Banking Advantage
Cons
Poor Sales compensation