RBC Insurance

RBC Insurance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall
P&C Insurance Agent - Field Sales (Former Employee), Vaughan OntarioJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Banking Advantage
Cons: Poor Sales compensation
The biggest banking institution in North America. Sales Compensation structure can never be understood. Positives. Great place to work but as a producer its not really a place to be if you want to make adequate money commensurate with your production activities.
Great Compnay
Intake Coordinator & Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
Great company, great people to work with - always enjoy working with RBC. Team player company, great working envoronment
A short get together every week used to be fun.
Inbound - customer service specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free snacks
My Sup was an excellent friendly person thereby keeping the team highly motivated and jovial.

Though our job was selling RBC Insurance over the phone, because of the motivated environment, I could exceed the target most of the days and was announced as the star of the team at our weekly meetings.
Didnt really enjoy it
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 20, 2015
I found this job when i was really in need but i didnt really enjoy it. I don't enjoy sitting in one place i like moving around and working
Fair minded company
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
-Good management
-fair with employees
-Recognize strengths and weaknesses and recommend jobs based on such
-cooperative staff
-not great benefits for contract employees
-room for advancement
Great company, tough job
Life and Living Benefits Advisor (Current Employee), BramptonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: will spend money to put on seminars
Cons: commission structure needs to be evaluated.
Hardest part of the job is getting appointments. The leads provided are not very strong. Need to rely on your personal network to be successful.
Great place to learn a lot. But call centers can be brutal.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2015
The Good Stuff:
Great pay and benefits.
Managers were supportive.

The Not So Good Stuff:
Not much advancement.
Call center environment can be brutal.
Productive workplace with good benefits.
New Business Case Coordinator (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 8, 2015
A day at work includes dealing with brokers and MGAs via telephone and email. Working accordingly to meet deadlines and abide by the turnaround times which mostly include doing the QAs and ensuring that all requirements are followed up accordingly.
Each day there are different situations allowing me to learn more about the products offered and on a whole the insurance industry itself.
The managers are leaders with good qualities. They have an open door policy making staff comfortable to relate to them with any situation. My co-workers are hard workers with amazing personalities. They are helpful and demonstrate team work constantly.
The hardest part of my job is not having the information at hand that is needed to carry a specific task. With that said the role facilitates extensive communication and allows me to deal with different people every day. I enjoy this and finds satisfaction in helping the clients in a quickly and effective manner.
RBC is a well developed company with good insurance products, staff and management. RBC provides the opportunity for their staff to grow and develop through various courses and workshops.
Activities are done to make staff feel comfortable including a balance work and lifestyle.
The environment is comfortable and appropriate to work in which also enable staff to work accordingly to achieve the company's goals
Reward for job productivity
Enterprise Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee), IssissaugaSeptember 30, 2014
Just attended the RBC national conference award ceremony, lovely motivational incentive for job well done.
Just worked one year in commission
Investment & Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: training
Big company, with good facilities and cares about employees
RBC's culture
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 1, 2014
I am free as a bird to build my business by connecting with people all over the area. I mainly look for opportunities to open conversations by asking questions and listening for needs. I use value props and "Why would you do business with me" persuasion to build likeability, creditability and valuable advice. I belong to organizations to network and volunteer to become a staple in the communities that I serve. I focus on my natural strengths by building relationships and rapport from trust and understanding. I believe in what I do which makes everything fun and rewarding.
this job give me more skills and experiences
Customer service (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 19, 2014
It improved my computer software skills, help me learn and practise softwares, improve my management skills, teacher me to be a good team player.
Director, Reinsurance & Counterparty Mgmt (Former Employee), mississauga, ontarioAugust 13, 2014
RBC allowed me to have a good work life balance as this is something that they took an interest in with all employees. The location was ideal as it was very close to my home which allowed for flexibility with time. Co-workers were easy to deal with and when problems arose, it made discussions easy to handle and there was no tension later. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships inside and outside of work and the various components of my role.
Claims Manager (Current Employee), TorontoMay 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: no career development programs that really work
Fun and easy going collegues
Managers are not so open to change or flexibility
Professional growth is based on tenure only.
If you want a stable job this is the place to be.
Good benefits (standard in the Industry)
Excellent Corporate Citizen.
Fast Paced and Customer Focused
Inside Claims Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: staff team is awesome
Cons: need more team members
Once you enter the building you begin your day. There is not enough hours in the day. I have learned how to make a client experience a smooth one from beginning to end. '

My colleagues that I work with on a daily basis is what make me want to come into work every day.

The hardest part of the job is trying to service each and every client in a 7.5 hour day.

The most enjoyable part of the day again is working with the people I work with every day.
A great place to work. Co-workers very helpful and work/home life balance encouraged and supported.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
As an executive assistant my job was to manage calendars and provide administrative support to two very busy executives. I booked meetings, arranged travel, prepared expense reports, etc. Loved discussing what needed to be done with them each morning and then being left to do it. For the most part enjoyed every aspect of the work involved.
Enjoyable part of the job
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2014
- great satisfaction
- very rewarding
- competition within company
Licence Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2014
-I have worked in the auto/home sales and service department
--serviced client with their home and auto changes
--followed up on the quotes given to clients
--ensure I advised clients of best options
--ensure my compliance is above average
--ensure I am consistently punctual

-Currently in the life service department
--administrative changes for clients existing life policies
--prospect for further life sales
Amazing training
New Business Vendor Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: a well organized boss
Cons: drama
Working with my boss in the department was truly amazing. When I first started it took sometime getting use to. In the end when I left I realized how much I actually missed her management style. She was the type of boss I needed cause she always pushed me to strive for better and never settle. When I struggled she sat down with me and made it clearer and easier to get through the projects. She gave me confidence and helped me succeed to become the strong person I am today.
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: micro management
As an insurance advisor with RBC Insurance, I have learned all the necessary skills required to be successful in the insurance industry. I have obtained my general license to go along with my LLQP license. I am responsible for new business sales as well as servicing existing clients. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the micro management style of my management team. I do not feel like the management team trusts their employees to perform their jobs correctly and are therefor are requiring us to fill out daily accountability sheets showing exactly all our activities throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my coworkers and dealing with the clients, especially the ones that have continued to be loyal to me over the past 4+ years.

About RBC Insurance

RBC Insurance covers Canada and the US like an ermine mantle. A business segment of Royal Bank of Canada, Canada's largest bank, – Read more