RBC Insurance Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Worked for an Insurance Agent, very frustrating job, must have lots of patience to work as a telemarketer. People will yell and scream at you and you must be able to keep your cool.
Productive and supportive workplace.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2016
I truly enjoyed working with RBC due to the supportive and friendly environment at work. It felt more like a family. Also, working with the employees and candidates for the claims and sales department was a great learning experience.
volunteer work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON14 December 2016
Great people, great staff a very good life changing volunteer expierience. When it comes to careers this place is open for advancement and new hires all the time.
Not the greatest work environment
Home and Auto Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2016
Management has changed over the years and have become very hard to deal with. They have unreasonable expectations and treat front line staff poorly. It used to be a decent place to work but now everyone is trying to leave and management does not care.
Diverse and Fun place to work
Licensed Insurance Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2016
A typical day at work would include maintaining clients home and auto insurance policies while participating in many various workplace events. During my time here I have learned that continuous education is an asset to not only yourself but to the clients we serve as well. RBC has wonderful programs in place for continuous education and encourages all employees to take advantage of this. I learned how to work independently with little to no supervision as well as productively as a team. The management I have had over the years has been invaluable and my current manager has been an important mentor for me. I work with a diverse group of people who each bring something interesting to the table. Each one of us is driven and focused on bringing RBC's visions and values to life and enjoy participating in a variety of events. I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy coming to work with my co-workers every day. The hardest part of this job is keeping up with the demands of client needs, however, RBC is one of the leading insurance companies and under the guidance of our CEO we are constantly improving and enhancing the way we do things. It is a challenge, but one that is readily accepted. The most enjoyable part of working for RBC, for me, is the diversity and community involvement that is so deeply ingrained in its values and I am thankful to be able to participate in events for charities such as JDRF and United Way. RBC is an employer I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Fun events, diverse workplace, client service and wonderful people
Cons
Work hours - each person had to cover a weekend shift each shift bid
Relaxed working environment
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2016
Manager was really a relaxed person and did not micro-manage every little thing. She left it up to us how we handled our work load.
rbci
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
Start the day, check emails, prioritize responses, check task list, prioritize my tasks. Than I get started on the emails, which includes but not limited to processing requests and solving problems. After that I work on my assigned tasks, building RTQ's (real time quote) according to my client (brokers) specifications. After completing the RTQ, I submit to our partnering department.

During the course of the day, I may receive a fully underwritten quote, which I then discount and generate a proposal for presentation to our client.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unrewarding
Productive, Fast Paced and Fun place to work
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON9 July 2016
Day goes by very fast when you are working with great team and for a company with a focus on Client, employee and community.
client experience
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2016
Great feeling when assisting client discover needs and also assist client with great advise, most enjoyable part of the job
Good Benefits but wrapped in time zone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
Nice place to work if you are looking for short time. Movement within ranks is quite difficulty unless you are the boot polishing style. Rare regard to education or outstanding performance. They have excellent talent but overpowered by crazy approach which are not realistic - only talking about insurance as I do not know out of that.
Pros
Good Benefits but no pension
Cons
Career progression limited
Good place to learn Canadian workplace culture
Licensed Insurance Advisor, Home & Auto (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2016
Diverse team that results in lot of cross- learning opportunities. Systems are outdated and a result you can lose your credibility when interacting with clients.
Pros
Recognizes international credentials
Cons
Have to start your career from scratch if you come from a different country
Very Pleasant Atmosphere
Home and Auto Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
Very good work environment, co-workers are very friendly.
A lot of room to move up, based on good performance.
Management is very helpful and friendly.
Pros
great managers and co-workers
Cons
exhausting hours
Good benefits
Life & Living Benefits / Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
Pros: Good benefits, flexibility, training available.

Con: Long days, limited salary growth with commission, high turnover rate.
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 February 2016
Fast pace environment.Great co-workers. Good benefits. Loved the work, always busy. Learned a lot about insurance. Drive was too long.
Pros
good company
pressure
LIFE & LIVING BENEFITS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  toronto5 February 2016
will try to get as much as they can for as little as they can
very long hours
co-workers are great
management acts as they care
they do not

thats it
Administrative duties slow you down but otherwise a great place to work
Life Insurance / Employee Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2016
Being home-based in the insurance business has advantages and disadvantages. You don't have the daily commute to deal with but you spend a lot of time accounting for your daily sales activity. The benefits plan is great, the workplace is filled with terrific professionals and I felt welcomed at any branch and division in the company. A frustrating duty is maintaining activity records and completing continuing education remotely with a system that fails on a consistent basis.

Every career has it's burdens and this one is no exception. That said, it was a pleasure to be part of the company work with a great group of people.
fast paced environment
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2016
Ever-changing environment.
Learned time management, self reliance, accuracy, and patience.
Co-workers always make the day great.
The most enjoyable part of the day is succeeding with irate client and making their day better.
Great company
Life & Living Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 January 2016
Finding clients, meeting them and learning what they need. Needs based selling.
Great management, but a tough job, not for everyone!
Great Place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2015
Excellent place to work. Great team atmosphere . Reasonable life work balance.

Pros
Financial planning - love helping clients to achieve their financial goals - The satisfaction job well done for clients to give them peace of mind
Cons
See clients start financial goals very late in life- --still able to guide them however options are limited - See clients worried about their future due to lack of financial resources
Advice to Management
Flexibility is the key
good place
Customer service sales representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 November 2015
good place to work, fast paced work place, had experience talking to different type of people. had enjoyed working with my friends and learn new things