RBC Insurance Employee Reviews

Agile Coach/ Sr. Scrum master
Agile Coach/Senior Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
A Certified Scrum Master®, ICAgile, SAFe Agilist and can offer you 12+ years of experience managing communications for top-tier firms, excellent project-management skills, and a great eye for detail, all of which should make me an ideal candidate for this opening.
I have attached my résumé for your review and would welcome the chance to speak with you sometime.
Great company to work with
Team Lead and Senior Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
Great place to work , fun and diversified work force. I was happy to return to the same organization I worked for over 12 years ago. Back then as a full time employee. I rejoined again as a contractor from June 2015.
Pros
Friendly environment that makes you want to work hard for this great organization
Cons
Decision process sometimes take very long and it can get bogged down.
It was fun working at Rbc benefits are good
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  180 Wellington Toronto12 March 2017
I don't have much experience in here it was just a yeAR they outsource the job in out country because they save more money rather than we are the one who prepared the mortgage application in here but it was fun I enjoyed my my one year worked with RBC
life insurance plan saler assistant
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 February 2017
this is part time job to help insurance agent to sale life insurance plan. I work at night time, my agent is very satisfied with my job. because I help her sale more life insurance plan, help her make more money for herself.
Productive and supportive workplace.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2016
I truly enjoyed working with RBC due to the supportive and friendly environment at work. It felt more like a family. Also, working with the employees and candidates for the claims and sales department was a great learning experience.
Great Workplace , Excellent training programs
Licenced Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2017
Good place to work and learn , excellent and helpful management with lots of experience and knowledge, enhanced training programs helps you to completely understand the products and policies.
RBC is a great place to work
Sr. Group Service Representative, Group Benefits (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 February 2017
I enjoyed my workmates and management. A very committed structure to helping employees grow into their best. The culture is family friendly and easy to make lasting friendships.
Productive Work Place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Worked for an Insurance Agent, very frustrating job, must have lots of patience to work as a telemarketer. People will yell and scream at you and you must be able to keep your cool.
rbci
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
Start the day, check emails, prioritize responses, check task list, prioritize my tasks. Than I get started on the emails, which includes but not limited to processing requests and solving problems. After that I work on my assigned tasks, building RTQ's (real time quote) according to my client (brokers) specifications. After completing the RTQ, I submit to our partnering department.

During the course of the day, I may receive a fully underwritten quote, which I then discount and generate a proposal for presentation to our client.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unrewarding
Not the greatest work environment
Home and Auto Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2016
Management has changed over the years and have become very hard to deal with. They have unreasonable expectations and treat front line staff poorly. It used to be a decent place to work but now everyone is trying to leave and management does not care.
volunteer work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON14 December 2016
Great people, great staff a very good life changing volunteer expierience. When it comes to careers this place is open for advancement and new hires all the time.
Good Benefits but wrapped in time zone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
Nice place to work if you are looking for short time. Movement within ranks is quite difficulty unless you are the boot polishing style. Rare regard to education or outstanding performance. They have excellent talent but overpowered by crazy approach which are not realistic - only talking about insurance as I do not know out of that.
Pros
Good Benefits but no pension
Cons
Career progression limited
Good place to learn Canadian workplace culture
Licensed Insurance Advisor, Home & Auto (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2016
Diverse team that results in lot of cross- learning opportunities. Systems are outdated and a result you can lose your credibility when interacting with clients.
Pros
Recognizes international credentials
Cons
Have to start your career from scratch if you come from a different country
Relaxed working environment
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2016
Manager was really a relaxed person and did not micro-manage every little thing. She left it up to us how we handled our work load.
Productive, Fast Paced and Fun place to work
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON9 July 2016
Day goes by very fast when you are working with great team and for a company with a focus on Client, employee and community.
Very Pleasant Atmosphere
Home and Auto Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
Very good work environment, co-workers are very friendly.
A lot of room to move up, based on good performance.
Management is very helpful and friendly.
Pros
great managers and co-workers
Cons
exhausting hours
client experience
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2016
Great feeling when assisting client discover needs and also assist client with great advise, most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative duties slow you down but otherwise a great place to work
Life Insurance / Employee Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2016
Being home-based in the insurance business has advantages and disadvantages. You don't have the daily commute to deal with but you spend a lot of time accounting for your daily sales activity. The benefits plan is great, the workplace is filled with terrific professionals and I felt welcomed at any branch and division in the company. A frustrating duty is maintaining activity records and completing continuing education remotely with a system that fails on a consistent basis.

Every career has it's burdens and this one is no exception. That said, it was a pleasure to be part of the company work with a great group of people.
Great Place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2015
Excellent place to work. Great team atmosphere . Reasonable life work balance.

Pros
Financial planning - love helping clients to achieve their financial goals - The satisfaction job well done for clients to give them peace of mind
Cons
See clients start financial goals very late in life- --still able to guide them however options are limited - See clients worried about their future due to lack of financial resources
Advice to Management
Flexibility is the key
Good benefits
Life & Living Benefits / Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
Pros: Good benefits, flexibility, training available.

Con: Long days, limited salary growth with commission, high turnover rate.