RBC Insurance Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good benefits
Life & Living Benefits / Investment Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Good benefits, flexibility, training available.

Con: Long days, limited salary growth with commission, high turnover rate.
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: good company
Cons: long hours
Fast pace environment.Great co-workers. Good benefits. Loved the work, always busy. Learned a lot about insurance. Drive was too long.
pressure
LIFE & LIVING BENEFITS ADVISOR (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 5, 2016
will try to get as much as they can for as little as they can
very long hours
co-workers are great
management acts as they care
they do not

thats it
Administrative duties slow you down but otherwise a great place to work
Life Insurance / Employee Benefits Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Being home-based in the insurance business has advantages and disadvantages. You don't have the daily commute to deal with but you spend a lot of time accounting for your daily sales activity. The benefits plan is great, the workplace is filled with terrific professionals and I felt welcomed at any branch and division in the company. A frustrating duty is maintaining activity records and completing continuing education remotely with a system that fails on a consistent basis.

Every career has it's burdens and this one is no exception. That said, it was a pleasure to be part of the company work with a great group of people.
fast paced environment
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Ever-changing environment.
Learned time management, self reliance, accuracy, and patience.
Co-workers always make the day great.
The most enjoyable part of the day is succeeding with irate client and making their day better.
Great company
Life & Living Benefits Advisor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 10, 2016
Finding clients, meeting them and learning what they need. Needs based selling.
Great management, but a tough job, not for everyone!
Great Place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great team atmosphere . Reasonable life work balance.

Pros
Financial planning - love helping clients to achieve their financial goals - The satisfaction job well done for clients to give them peace of mind
Cons
See clients start financial goals very late in life- --still able to guide them however options are limited - See clients worried about their future due to lack of financial resources
Advice to Management
Flexibility is the key
good place
Customer service sales representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 19, 2015
good place to work, fast paced work place, had experience talking to different type of people. had enjoyed working with my friends and learn new things
An employer with integrity and high standards
Project Manager/Program Control Officer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 6, 2015
My experience at RBC Insurance has been rewarding and positive.
As an organization they understand the value to the organization of highly skilled and highly valued staff.
Opportunities for growth, learning, and rewards and recognition are more than satisfactory.
Great training provided
home and auto call centre - LIA (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with, free parking
Cons: Long hours (overtime is a must), stress
Was provided with a comprehensive training that had me ready to take on my role.
Lots of work needed to keep things consistent.
Great coworkers make it enjoyable, Tim Hortons, Starbucks and a great cafeteria.
Benefits package was not as great other smaller companies I have worked for.
Over all good place to work.
Fun place of work with events, rbc is big on recognition, there is a big park on property with fountain to walk around
Underwriting Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: Cafetria with variety
Cons: Can be hard to move in different roles. If your changing roles that are similar its ok.
First thing I do when I get into work is check emails, check underwriting system for referrals from underwriters. See which one needs to be handled first and handle accordingly. Currently I'm training 2 people so I make time for that throughout the day. Sometimes I don't take a lunch but usually when I do I go for 30 minutes to an hour.
I am on 2 committee's so I also make time to do the work for those.
The managers and co-workers more or else are good to work for.
Management can ruin a good thing
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: environment
Over all RBC Insurance started out as a decent place to work. My experience there was alright but it went down hill due to my manager. She brought down morale and really made the environment icy. Not somewhere I would work again at this phase in my life.
co-worker were like family, great benefits,had lots of fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2015
The co-workers were friendly and very supportive, like family. I enjoyed all of the events that took place. I like how RBC does a lot for charities and how they treat their employees.The position kept me busy and I learned a lot.
Great workplace!
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2015
One of the best companies I worked for. They have Great training program and fun work place to work with. You will be woking with a team so you have to be a Team Player.
Unrealistic exceptions
Life and Living Benefits Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Big name
Cons: Awful work place, lots of unnecessary stress
RBC, great company, great benefits.
Terrible pay structure, lots of targets, too much hassle no room for advancement. Micromanagement at its best, awful place to be working at.
Configuration Analyst Co-op Student (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Networking, Management, Enthusiastic Co-workers
Positive working environment that supports collaboration and cooperation among all their employees. You will receive ample opportunities to network with colleagues to achieve your career goals.
Productive, Challenging and Friendly atmosphere.
Onboarding and Training Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great work culture.
Cons: Nothing at all.
- Amazing employee training and development initiatives.
- Competitive compensation and perks package
- Compassionate and resourceful Management
- Socially responsible
Retail/Direct Case Coordinator [Resigned to finish last semester of college]
Retail / Direct Case Coordinator (Former Employee), MeadowvaleJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Amazing team, great work atmosphere
Cons: i resigned on my own & i regret that decision
Prompt life insurance application processing and tracking
Post-issue life insurance customer service
Implement, coordinate and manage an ongoing caseload of active life insurance files
Liaise/Negotiate activities with the brokers, consultants, branch manager and the underwriting department
Communicate effectively with management and account managers on cases
Maintain and respect confidential medical information
Interact with relevant parties in a tactful and objective manner in sensitive/difficult circumstances
Collect data from the insured to complete claims file, identifies and verifies the client’s insurance policy
while ensuring that eligibility requirements are met
Prioritizes new and existing cases into the daily fluctuating workload identifying the complexity and needs of
each case
Recognizes and escalates situations where customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness are at risk and
therefore special consideration may be required
Translates medical documents and inputs information into case notes
Verifying the accuracy of all new insurance applications, taking steps to resolving any inaccuracies.
Ensuring pending cases are resolved status checks and investigation
Ensuring all outstanding requirements such as questionnaires, amendments and payments are
received/recorded.
Overall
P&C Insurance Agent - Field Sales (Former Employee), Vaughan OntarioJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Banking Advantage
Cons: Poor Sales compensation
The biggest banking institution in North America. Sales Compensation structure can never be understood. Positives. Great place to work but as a producer its not really a place to be if you want to make adequate money commensurate with your production activities.
Great Compnay
Intake Coordinator & Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
Great company, great people to work with - always enjoy working with RBC. Team player company, great working envoronment