RBC Bank

RBC Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cafeteria was extremely large, The work place at RBC was very clean, Clients personal informations were locked away at the end of the day.
Client Service Administrator (Former Employee), York Mills, OntarioAugust 12, 2012
A typical day at work involved processing searches and registrations on clients a ccount. Also preparing and posting Money Orders.

I learnt it is extremely important to pay attention to details, accuracy is also extremely important you are processing clients information that means accuracy is important.

Great management within the department, management – more... kept frequent meetings to update her staff.

Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.

I don't recall the work being hard, I enjoyed my role and I did a good job to ensure all aspects of my position were met in a timely manner.

Most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers, and the work itself was very interested – less
Friendly & Co-operative Management & Team with great training
Policy Accounting Assistant (Contract-Agency) (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 20, 2012
Pros: paid training
Cons: contract ended
It was really great to work with great manager with wonderful team who used to trust me to deposit their Account Receivable funds into the bank. I enjoyed to take the responsibility to send the notices to the clients after verifying and analyzing their non-sufficient funds and credit visa card reports. I also enjoyed each and every job alloted to me – more... like Client Status Change into the system, Distributing incoming & outgoing mails of policy accounting department, answering phone calls, emails fax etc. – less
Commercially educational
Global Securities, eBusiness Product Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 17, 2012
RBC provided me with a number of emergent tools, such as Google and Crystal reporting, that were specific to web based e-business platforms
Great people to work with
Kelly Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2012
Worked with wonderful people in a comfortable environment.
Excellent working and learning Experience
Quality Assurance Analyst Co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2012
Pros: gift cards
Cons: coordination among teams.
The work mostly starts with a brief meeting with the team and discuss the progress and the task to perform next.

All my co-workers were very helpful and they helped a lot to learn many things in quality assurance.
Helping to fine tune the morgage calculator
Snr. Financial analyst - Finance (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2012
Pros: friendly boss
Cons: contrat too short
Was assigned to review a mortgage calculator that a consultant had prepared for the bank for consistency and accuracy. I conducted the review by applying some accounting techniques. My supervisor did not tell me what exactly he wanted me to do, that was the hardest part. No co-worker was familiar with the calculator since it was new.

As I started detecting – more... some inconsistencies and inaccuracies, the assignment became interesting. I was in touch with the consultants to draw their attention to those errors which they appreciated so much.

I learned that with a little effort, I can apply my self to any challenge to achieve a purpose to promote the image of my organization. – less
work experience student for 6 months
Teller/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2012
Pros: friendly. and learned alot of hands on
Cons: no hirring positions after school
I took work experience at high school and worked as a student at RBC royal bank. I have leanred soo many new things and hands on cash money orders/draft, cheques and others. This term only lasted for 6 months( semester)I I have asked for a job that time i was enrolling at SAIT taking buisness, and they needed a full time during that time. Once i finished – more... my program for 1 year i decided to see if there will be ay spots for me to be working but unfortante there wasnt. every cannidate trained me to learn – less
Commercial Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: company was concerned about employees
Cons: sold us division to pnc
Great coworkers, supervisor and leadership. The pay was decent, paid vacation and good benefits.
My views about RBC
Teller (Former Employee), Clinton, NCOctober 14, 2014
In the 2 years I worked at the bank I learned a lot about myself and a lot about others. It was a pleasant work place to be in. We had a wonderful staff and we got a long pretty well. There were a couple times when things kind of went down hill with some of the staff, but other than that it was a great experience.
Good people Good management
Operation Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCOctober 8, 2014
In a typical work day I would answer client question and trouble shoot issues.
RBC was a company that provided me a great opportunity for work life balance.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 6, 2014
There really was no typical day at work as is common in an administrative role as one needs to be very flexible and adaptable to change as current events can change the whole day.
I learned a great deal about the clearing business and how my role played a part in creating a successful client experience.
Company management was very knowledgeable and – more... very hands on with the day to day business.
Everyone at RBC Correspondent & Advisor Services worked very hard and accomplished a great deal with minimal number of staff.
I enjoyed the diversity that the job provided. I had the opportunity to work closely with both internal and external clients in resolving problems for our clients. – less
Productive Place to work
Complex Operations Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2014
Good opportunities for advancement, Great sales goals and products
Dont join, lots of RBC employees getting fired abruptly
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: there is nothing positive about rbc global wealth management technology
Cons: abrupt firings, exploitation, short staffed, disorganized, hostile and toxic work culture, snitching and politics
There is nothing good about RBC Global Wealth Management Technology. Employees are leaving in droves because they are being fired or forced out through involuntary resignations at short notice. If you really care for your career, avoid joining RBC Global Wealth Management Technology (GWMT) like the bubonic plague.

RBC GWMT does a poor job of onboarding – more... new employees. Also, they have inefficient managers such as Jacques Graybill, Rick Hariman, Rob Lombardo and Carl Rampaul who need to be fired and highly qualified, new managers need to be hired. Employee turnover is very high. Staff is clannish and hunt in packs, many are closely related to one another. Yelling & use of profanity laced language is common. They denigrate & insult you in front of others. Teams fight with each other & its v difficult to get anything done. Entrenched long-time employees manipulate the situation to turn others against new employees. Performance appraisals are a sham and routinely rigged. Much of the staff is ill-qualified, many have high school diplomas. Everyone snitches on each other, the work environment is toxic and politicized.

Jacques Graybill is the Sr.Manager for Workflow Group within RBC Global Wealth Management Technology (GWMT) Group. Apart from being racist, misogynist and insecure, he is a parasite who likes to live off on the work done by his team and has no hands on involvement. Spends most of his time playing politics. He has FIRED numerous employees who were highly qualified and some had put in several years. Firing is done abruptly wherein you will be escorted out of the building in front of your colleagues, within 10 mins of being fired. Firing will be followed by nasty email to entire staff. RBC Wealth Management Technology is short staffed, disorganized, unproductive & has a hostile work culture. Those factors will impact your performance and then you will be held responsible. I worked 12 hrs per day, incl on weekends, did not take vacation and got excellent feedback from business stakeholders. Such performance was rewarded with poor ratings and termination. – less
Banking
Manager Data Processing (Former Employee), Morrow, GaSeptember 21, 2014
I learned a lot about the operational side of banking that found very enjoyable.
Great place to work!
Executive Sales A ssistant (Former Employee), Cumming, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Buckhead, AtlantaAugust 19, 2014
Great company and co-workers.
We all worked together towards the common goal. Excellent customer service.
Great Company
Client Care Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLAugust 18, 2014
Great company to work for ........................................................................
Overall Summary
IT Financial Analyst, Capital Markets IT (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
- Primary Functions -

Managed monthly close process and forecasts for specific departments and senior business leaders; predicted current/future performance, analyzed actual results to forecast/budget, and explained variances.

Collaborated with finance manager to develop strategies and long-term plans, prepare financial reports, and develop financial – more... procedures; led automation and process streamlining initiatives to raise department productivity.

Ensured reporting accuracy by investigating variances and resolving issues as well as reconciling transactions by comparing/correcting data from various source systems.

Tapped to manage special projects and prepare ad-hoc reports for all levels within organization.

Reviewed, coded, and processed all US regional invoices.

Partnered with program leaders, department VPs, and PMs to prepare budgets and milestones; prepared support materials/reports for project managers; investigated project/financial data for PMs.

- Key Skills -

Accounting Full Cycle Budgeting & Forecasting Reporting & Analysis Statement/Account Reconciliation Process Improvement System Redesign Modeling Compliance Metrics/KPI Development Internal Controls Short-Long Range Planning Data Tables/Scenario Analysis Pivot Tables Month-End Close Forecast vs. Actuals – less
Conservative bank with great leaders
High Yield/Leveraged Loan Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: hard job
Good company to work for if you are hard working and a self motivator
Fun Workplace
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
It is nice place to work in RBC -
a typical day at work - Environment setup
what you learned - about trading, swap, libor to ois
your co-workers - Directors - did not have enough knowledge about project, become project got ended.

the hardest part of the job - is Directors and PM was not paying attention on project.

the most enjoyable part of the job – more... is - morning Scrum meeting. – less
Life changing
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 7, 2014
I learned a lot.
I matured in this working environment.
I gained wonderful customer service skills.

About RBC Bank

The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. – Read more