RBC Bank

RBC Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with
Kelly Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2012
Worked with wonderful people in a comfortable environment.
Excellent working and learning Experience
Quality Assurance Analyst Co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2012
Pros: gift cards
Cons: coordination among teams.
The work mostly starts with a brief meeting with the team and discuss the progress and the task to perform next.

All my co-workers were very helpful and they helped a lot to learn many things in quality assurance.
Helping to fine tune the morgage calculator
Snr. Financial analyst - Finance (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2012
Pros: friendly boss
Cons: contrat too short
Was assigned to review a mortgage calculator that a consultant had prepared for the bank for consistency and accuracy. I conducted the review by applying some accounting techniques. My supervisor did not tell me what exactly he wanted me to do, that was the hardest part. No co-worker was familiar with the calculator since it was new.

As I started detecting – more... some inconsistencies and inaccuracies, the assignment became interesting. I was in touch with the consultants to draw their attention to those errors which they appreciated so much.

I learned that with a little effort, I can apply my self to any challenge to achieve a purpose to promote the image of my organization. – less
work experience student for 6 months
Teller/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2012
Pros: friendly. and learned alot of hands on
Cons: no hirring positions after school
I took work experience at high school and worked as a student at RBC royal bank. I have leanred soo many new things and hands on cash money orders/draft, cheques and others. This term only lasted for 6 months( semester)I I have asked for a job that time i was enrolling at SAIT taking buisness, and they needed a full time during that time. Once i finished – more... my program for 1 year i decided to see if there will be ay spots for me to be working but unfortante there wasnt. every cannidate trained me to learn – less
Great place to work!
Executive Sales A ssistant (Former Employee), Cumming, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Buckhead, AtlantaAugust 19, 2014
Great company and co-workers.
We all worked together towards the common goal. Excellent customer service.
Great Company
Client Care Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLAugust 18, 2014
Great company to work for ........................................................................
Overall Summary
IT Financial Analyst, Capital Markets IT (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
- Primary Functions -

Managed monthly close process and forecasts for specific departments and senior business leaders; predicted current/future performance, analyzed actual results to forecast/budget, and explained variances.

Collaborated with finance manager to develop strategies and long-term plans, prepare financial reports, and develop financial – more... procedures; led automation and process streamlining initiatives to raise department productivity.

Ensured reporting accuracy by investigating variances and resolving issues as well as reconciling transactions by comparing/correcting data from various source systems.

Tapped to manage special projects and prepare ad-hoc reports for all levels within organization.

Reviewed, coded, and processed all US regional invoices.

Partnered with program leaders, department VPs, and PMs to prepare budgets and milestones; prepared support materials/reports for project managers; investigated project/financial data for PMs.

- Key Skills -

Accounting Full Cycle Budgeting & Forecasting Reporting & Analysis Statement/Account Reconciliation Process Improvement System Redesign Modeling Compliance Metrics/KPI Development Internal Controls Short-Long Range Planning Data Tables/Scenario Analysis Pivot Tables Month-End Close Forecast vs. Actuals – less
Conservative bank with great leaders
High Yield/Leveraged Loan Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: hard job
Good company to work for if you are hard working and a self motivator
Fun Workplace
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
It is nice place to work in RBC -
a typical day at work - Environment setup
what you learned - about trading, swap, libor to ois
your co-workers - Directors - did not have enough knowledge about project, become project got ended.

the hardest part of the job - is Directors and PM was not paying attention on project.

the most enjoyable part of the job – more... is - morning Scrum meeting. – less
Life changing
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 7, 2014
I learned a lot.
I matured in this working environment.
I gained wonderful customer service skills.
Management was not supportive
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 18, 2014
Pros: coworkers, and moral events
Cons: do not compensate for the job done.
Overworked and underpaid. Worked closely with attorneys learned a lot about the foreclosure process. Management was not fair, they had their favorites and you knew it. Hardest part of the job was the number of files that one person had to maintain.
Opportunities for Advancement
Service Leader/Personal Banker/Customer Svc Rep (Former Employee), North CarolinaJune 13, 2014
RBC Bank provides opportunities for advancement and the ability to learn new things regularly. Can be very fast paced and demanding, but overall it was a good place to work.
Decent place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Talladega, ALJune 4, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: little chance of advancement
I didn't have the chance to advance as much as I would have liked to which is why I found another job. I did enjoy the benefits and being able to balance my work/life schedule.
Rewarding Job and Satisfaction
Reconciliation Representative (Former Employee), Kingston JamaicaJune 4, 2014
Pros: lunch subsidy, loans
Cons: long hours at times
It was a pleasure working with RBC. Where staff's were rewarded for job done. It is not often cash base, but recognition and that motivate staff overall.
The management were flexible and caring, they often look out for their staff's. You were paid well and benefits one could not complain. They encourages development, however they promote based on experience – more... and not at all times qualification. You were cross trained in various areas, and with such staff's are flexible and multi talented. – less
working for RBC was a learning experience
Deposit Operations Specialist I (Former Employee), Rocky Mount NCMay 5, 2014
Pros- was a great place to work, always learning something new, good hours, management was easy to talk with. Training was excellent, everyone was able to perform their task daily and if help was needed, there was always someone ready to assist.

Cons-not having enough work to stay busy 8 hrs everyday.
Derivative Sales
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: constant turnover
The desk was a great learning experience and learned the nuances of the rates business.
Professional Environment
Client Support Consultant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2014
Pros: management, fairly relaxed yet professional work environment
Cons: long commute, paying for parking
I really enjoy my job currently at RBC. I have an awesome manager who is very accommodating and friendly. The only reason I am looking for a new position is because currently I am in a contract position with RBC and my contract ends in September, 2014. I would like to stay with the company and have been offered a position, but I recently moved to Delano, – more... MN and would like something with a little bit less of a far commute. I enjoy my co workers greatly at RBC. We make a great team and all have something unique to offer. I do a lot of processing at work and am an Administrative Assistant in the customer service area of RBC which is a small call center consisting of about 10 other employees on my team. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending every day with my team mates who I really enjoy. I also like the actual work I do on a daily basis and like being busy all day and feeling like I am an important part of the team. – less
Manager unprofessional
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Foley, ALApril 7, 2014
Assist in the daily coordination of a branch office to include leading other sales personnel and/or leading service (Teller) personnel.
Oversee the day-to-day operations of a branch staff.
Responsible for assisting in the development of sales goals, personally achieving those sales goals, and assisting in ensuring staff achieves sales goals.
Supervise – more... all branch operations in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Monitor branch service quality levels and coaches staff to achieve appropriate levels.
Assist in keeping branch in compliance with all bank policies and procedures.
Assist the manager in the coordination of branch activities, assist with problems, and take action when necessary to ensure work quality standards and planned schedules are maintained.
Participate in training and meetings on operation issues with branch management and staff.
Ensure compliance, audit and security procedures are adhered to at branch location.
Perform FSR duties as required, such as Identify and maximize cross-sales opportunities through customer profiling; enhance customer relationships by telemarketing bank products; ensure customer is referred to correct line of business – less
Productive and good .
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 27, 2014
Nice to work.
Opportunity to learn new technologies along with
utilizing the skills of a candidate.
Good Place to Work
FINANCIAL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 20, 2014
Although banking has changed tremendously in the past few years, this is a solid bank.

About RBC Bank

The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. – Read more