RBC Bank

RBC Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Helping to fine tune the morgage calculator
Snr. Financial analyst - Finance (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2012
Pros: friendly boss
Cons: contrat too short
Was assigned to review a mortgage calculator that a consultant had prepared for the bank for consistency and accuracy. I conducted the review by applying some accounting techniques. My supervisor did not tell me what exactly he wanted me to do, that was the hardest part. No co-worker was familiar with the calculator since it was new.

As I started detecting – more... some inconsistencies and inaccuracies, the assignment became interesting. I was in touch with the consultants to draw their attention to those errors which they appreciated so much.

I learned that with a little effort, I can apply my self to any challenge to achieve a purpose to promote the image of my organization. – less
work experience student for 6 months
Teller/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2012
Pros: friendly. and learned alot of hands on
Cons: no hirring positions after school
I took work experience at high school and worked as a student at RBC royal bank. I have leanred soo many new things and hands on cash money orders/draft, cheques and others. This term only lasted for 6 months( semester)I I have asked for a job that time i was enrolling at SAIT taking buisness, and they needed a full time during that time. Once i finished – more... my program for 1 year i decided to see if there will be ay spots for me to be working but unfortante there wasnt. every cannidate trained me to learn – less
Manager unprofessional
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Foley, ALApril 7, 2014
Assist in the daily coordination of a branch office to include leading other sales personnel and/or leading service (Teller) personnel.
Oversee the day-to-day operations of a branch staff.
Responsible for assisting in the development of sales goals, personally achieving those sales goals, and assisting in ensuring staff achieves sales goals.
Supervise – more... all branch operations in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Monitor branch service quality levels and coaches staff to achieve appropriate levels.
Assist in keeping branch in compliance with all bank policies and procedures.
Assist the manager in the coordination of branch activities, assist with problems, and take action when necessary to ensure work quality standards and planned schedules are maintained.
Participate in training and meetings on operation issues with branch management and staff.
Ensure compliance, audit and security procedures are adhered to at branch location.
Perform FSR duties as required, such as Identify and maximize cross-sales opportunities through customer profiling; enhance customer relationships by telemarketing bank products; ensure customer is referred to correct line of business – less
Productive and good .
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 27, 2014
Nice to work.
Opportunity to learn new technologies along with
utilizing the skills of a candidate.
Good Place to Work
FINANCIAL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 20, 2014
Although banking has changed tremendously in the past few years, this is a solid bank.
Every day you come to work is a learning experience.
Back-Up Support Officer - Business Deposits Proc (Former Employee), Toronto CanadaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good health insurance and incentives
Cons: too much cash to count.
It's a fast pace work that a person would really love to be a part of the team . You have a timeframe and a quota to meet on every shift of the work. The workplace itself is very conducive to work with and your officemate has one aim but to perform and finish the work. At the end of the day the hardest part is if theres a problem with regards to the – more... balancing of cash receipt at the end of the day. At the end of the day when the team meet the deadline and balance the cash without problem gives you a good feeling. – less
RBC ROCKS
Reporting & Audit Project Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
In my opinion management made this the best job in the work. I enjoyed going to work everyday...even on weekends.
Very enjoyable company to work with
Retail Support Specialist (Former Employee), Nags Head, NCMarch 3, 2014
I was new to the Banking industry and I was open minded... I leaned a lot and excelled with a hunger to learn everything I could
Stuff happpened
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Archdale, NCMarch 3, 2014
Bad job, not very fun, stuck inside all day.

low pay for hard work. not worth it
Excellent Oportunity
Bank Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Self Employment that I enjoyed very much. All was good, excellent management. Opportunity for advancement for women was superb.
Very good working environment.
Senior Registered Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, bonuses at year-end
Cons: most of the time ate my lunch at my desk and the commute was long
I worked for several financial brokers and learned a lot about the business. They depended on me and I delivered. I really loved my brokers and worked well with my co-workers. I enjoyed the family atmosphere. I worked with most of the brokers 10+ years, so knew what they wanted for their clients.
As a business analyst there is plenty of growth
Mortgage Production Support Manager (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great environment, good management and plenty of growth potential
Cons: jobs sent offshore
Great environment, good management and plenty of growth potential. Good employee education investments and reimbursement. Until jobs were sent offshore.
stimulating and challenging
Managing Director, Treasury Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
i was chief trader on the largest FX forward book. I handled all pricing to 1000 clients globally.
Business Lead (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2014
RBC is a good place to work with many talented people. Management is currently implementing many changes across the organization to bring their many of their practices and procedures in line with their competitors.
Client oriented both internal and external. Allowed a great work life balance.
Summary Background (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: travel, development of people, teamwork, and integrity
Cons: operations often took a "back seat" unless gaps with risk and efficiency
RBC Bank, through the years of acquisitions, allowed for appropriate levels of advancement. Talent assessments were completed periodically to identify areas of individual expertise. The last 17+ years of corporate and regional positions, I was allowed very flexible scheduling from management to accommodate work/life balance which was very important – more... to me. We always worked as a team, ensuring success and all project deadlines were met. RBC Bank gave me the opportunity to learn communication to all levels of the organization through the most effective delivery channel. The most enjoyable part of my job was the teamwork of developing people, assisting the end users work "smarter" not "harder", and traveling throughout the footprint in order to cross pollinate good practices. The hardest part of my job was the fact that we were a support team and not the final decision maker. Our challenge was to influence with impact. Overall with 27+ years of loyalty, RBC Bank was a great place to work and learn. My plans were to remain loyal until such time of my retirement but with any acquisitions, corporate positions are often sadly displace. – less
Productive, caring workplace
Branch Financial Sales Consultant III (Current Employee), McDonough, GAFebruary 4, 2014
My typical day at work would be to first help the head teller open up the branch if the other tellers are not in, I make calls to my existing client and search and call new client from leads. I really enjoy my customers and the team I work with it is great friendly, caring environment.
Not my favorite place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Hiram, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: hours were good
Cons: management
A company that wants more sales than customers. Management wasn't the easiest to work with if you wasn't one of their favorite people.
It was a very productive and professional environment
TELLER CASHIER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2014
The management skills were awesome. The environment was positive and always willing to go above and beyond for their clients. The benefits were great also.
Professional workplace environment
Financial Sales Consultant III (Current Employee), Madison ALJanuary 19, 2014
Fun place to work at.
Good Co-Workers
Easy Management
typical day starts at 8:00 am finishes at 5:00pm
Good work environment.
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Hueytown, ALJanuary 14, 2014
RBC offered a family-like environment to work in. RBC was my first 'real' job. I enjoyed it and learned a lot.

About RBC Bank

The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. – Read more