RBC Bank

RBC Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional environment to work,
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 19, 2013
Numerous opportunites to gain certification. Excellent people and environment.
CAO- Customer Assistance Officer (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJuly 31, 2013
Pros: flexiable hours
Cons: work weekends
I love working here! Great people and a fun environment. Clients are great and very loving. I love it when a client comes in and asks me how I'm doing because they actually know me!
Customer service
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJuly 25, 2013
Cons: wouldn't help me fix mistakes improper training
not much to say. Other then to say that it was improper training and wouldn't help me fix mistakes
Good work environment.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, AB.July 21, 2013
It is a good company to work for. It respects its employees, provides training and support necessary to perform our job duties.
Fun position, all depends on the branch that you work at.
mobile Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2013
All staff ensures you get the most knowledge every day and all days are some things new to learn, you never have the same day twice
Terrible Place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJuly 14, 2013
Cons: not enough staff/no overtime/no support from manager
RBC, is looking for talent outside of their own employees-therefore leaving employees that have been working faithfully for the company having to wait while they hire externally. Sometimes even having to train the new hire for the same position.
No support from management.
They are also cutting staff and not rewarding the staff that is left working – more... 3 peoples jobs. – less
Productive and Opportunities for Enhancement
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2013
Great place to work and lots opportunities for carrer goals.
An overall positive experience
Software Distribution Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 25, 2013
What I enjoyed most of all was meeting new people and learning new technologies. My team leader was very professional, approachable, and easy to work with. While at RBC, I learned SMS and SCCM deployments, collection and advertisement creation, etc. The life-work balance was terrific, as I was allowed to work flex hours.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 23, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: manager sucked
Great company to work for if Branch Manager is willing to work without blinders on and not kick the dog when their down. Should encourage not discourage. Build confidence and self esteem not destroy it. Recognize hard workers not yes people.
Fun place for students and young people to work
Account Services Representative (Former Employee), Mississauge, OntarioJune 20, 2013
Diverse environment and room for employees to move up. Management that is willing to help fellow employees.
Great Corporate Values!
Customer Service Representative/Financial Advisor (Former Employee), London, ONMay 22, 2013
RBC Values aligned with my own convictions:

Excellent service to clients and each other
Working together to succeed
Personal responsibility for high performance
Diversity for growth and innovation
Trust through integrity in everything we do
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Executive Assistant, Energy & Trading (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2013
Pros: management flexibility
Cons: limited movement potential
Great place to work. Excellent team with great corporate values. Really enjoy working with the people there.
RBC - great place to work and learn
Associate Director (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: executive management out of touch
I've been at RBC for 12 years. The work is challenging, and if you're good at tooting your own horn, the work can be rewarding.
Stay clear
SSG (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 30, 2013
Pros: looking for one
Cons: see my list
Salary - for the area it;s okay
Culture - cliques
Job Security - high turn over, don't forget they were in the news for hiring foreign workers and paying them less
Advancement - One girl worked in another department after doing well was promoted and then tried the new department didn't do so well, then when applying was told she had her chance to move – more... around
Management - If they like you then your good, a lot of NOT common sense procedures
Work Life Balance - I am going to leave that one for the new recruits to discover – less
Great experience working as a team
VP of Information Technology (Former Employee), mississauga ontarioApril 26, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: some team members weren't reliable
Being part of Junior achievement in RBC, I had the opportunity to come out of my shell and run in the elections to become a vice president. I was elected as the vice president of information technology, and was in charge of creating an attractive website to sell and market my company's product. I was led under a supervisor that taught me the basics – more... of Human Resource management, as well as Information Technology in a workplace. It was difficult to find new and innovative ways to appeal to the customer base, and it was also hard to think of new products while staying within a budget. I earned experience in being a leader, working with others, being creative, and speaking to people. I also learned effective ways of marketing a product. – less
Overall great experience
Telecom Analyst Advanced (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: the latest cisco equipment
Cons: downtown office locations are dreary never updated.
A great place to work as a contractor although all corporations such as banks are constantly "right sizing".
Good Global Sanctions Experience
Senior Manager, Global Economic Sanctions (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: good vacation and bonus package
Role at RBC is good from global perspective. It is from that perspective that one is able to implement a continuous challenging sanctions and AML Compliance program. This is a different set of skills from what is required as an auditor - the ability to effectively implement challenges and gaps, not just identify the gaps.

It is also a challenge finding – more... qualified individuals for different positions within my team (Sanctions Payments Escalations & Sanctions Investigations). Our team is lean and requires skills that enable someone to pick things up quickly, ask the right questions and be able to interact with a variety of people. – less
Technical Analyst/Team Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2013
Everyday is a learning process. Management helps in personal growth and goals as an idividual by by having regular meetings within a group setting as well as one on one to help with our success. Being able to help one another as coworkers can be very rewarding and learning from each other helps to build each others strengths and improve on our weaknesses.
Productive and fun place to work
Collections Officer (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCMarch 15, 2013
Pros: beautiful dynamic
Cons: constant procedural change
The Call Center of RBC Collections in Montreal is unique. It is a fun place where they've made working as a Collector a much more enjoyable experience than most people would imagine. Our manager (team leaders) are always very supportive and understanding and will always try their best to accommodate you, whether it is with your work schedule, or any – more... other personal/professional aspects that may help bettering your working experience.

It is a young vibrant environment where youth and the mature knowledgable workforce share and information is always flowing. At RBC Collections, teamwork comes first, and anyone is always willing to give a hand when they can.

We even had a depanneur system where one can buy all sorts of sweets and drinks, as well as coffee, for a small contribution that funds our social committee events that carry on throughout the year. – less
Challenging and fun
Customer Service and sales (Current Employee), VancouverMarch 7, 2013
Responding to over 70 calls.

Enjoy talking to different clients.

About RBC Bank

The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. – Read more