RBC Bank

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent
Jr. Project Manager/Sr PCO (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2014
Responsibilities included:

 Following up with App Custodians and App Relationship Managers to confirm communication with clients outside and inside the Firewall, updating impact data on apps for particular migration waves for migration of 1200+ apps from Toronto Data Centre to Stratford Data Centre, Ensure eMPIR TP variances are constantly within – more... limits for project

 Creating various weekly project reports extracting data from eMPIR System, Updating Master Test Plan, creating Pivot Tables and using various formulae to populate different columns in reports, maintaining and resolving issues on issue log, task completion updates on MS Project, monitoring risk log, distributing status reports as per communication plan.

 Organizing and attending meetings with project team, presenting project status reports to project team, updating impact information regularly on QA Reports pertaining to server type and connection type outside firewall.

 Updating server remediation category data for particular migration wave dates by obtaining information from Firewall Team, analyzing migration data to ascertain no apps to be migrated in near future are in red status, following up for updating information left unfilled in Third Party Questionnaires, documenting various processes for the project. – less
Decent company
Banking Advisor & Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2014
Good place to work for newly grads.
Opportunities to sharpen up your interpersonal and communication skills.
fast pace environment
Mutual Fund Trader (Secondment) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2014
High pressure environment in making sound decisions in Mutual fund trading.
QA Manager
QA Test Manager (Principal Consultant) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Managed the Quality Centre of Excellence (CoE) for projects at a Program level with on-site and off-shore resources:
• Release Management; Quality & Performance Improvement
• Performance testing, tuning and Capacity management
• Corporate Governance & Best Practices
• Authored the delivery strategy for the program
• Directed a testing team towards delivery – more... of an archival storage system
• Managed the risks effectively, periodically auditing the projects
• Effectively deployed the resources - power teams - saving effort and $$
• Conceptualized an effective framework for managing review defects for the program
• Deliver mission-critical projects
• People Management
• Quality Center Reporting and Management
• Procedures and processes Automation
• Overall management of the release processes
• Facilitating the review and approval of new product initiatives
• Co-ordination of activities throughout the release lifecycle
• Maintaining the status of the release through contact with development and product leads
• Management of release issues, tasks and risks
• Maintain and monitor the release calendar and communicate changes to stakeholders
• Coordinate impact analysis of changes/delays to the release and risk mitigation steps
• Communicate timelines for each release phase, entry and exit, and changes to those timelines
• Reports release status to senior management
• Conducted release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business Go/No-Go reviews – less
Day at the Bank
Operation Administrator - Contract (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
A day at RBC can be your most eventful, fun-filled and productive day. Everyday is a new and different. Every department is like its own community, it definitely defines true teamwork. Each task that every team handles are evenly distributed around the team and is completed. I have learned that your knowledge and skills are never limited to just the – more... tasks given in your department. Cross-training is highly recommended! Time management is also key, which is probably the most challenging. Throughout the day, the volume of work varies, therefore time management is important. RBC is a great opportunity for one to grow and exceed their personal limitations. – less
horrible place to work
customer service representative (Former Employee), grande prairieJuly 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: training sucked
All I have to say is awful!! They care more about the clients then the staff. Everyone was fake. The training was awful. After working there I would never bank there at all. They don't know how to pay their employees. The assistant manager was awful she doesn't know how to do her job she needs more training.
A really good company to work for
Corporate Communications Summer Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2014
Very nice coworkers, engaging and dynamic environment, and excellent job security.
Great Working Place
Client Service Representative/Central Teller (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 9, 2014
Managers and Co-workers are awesome, love to work with them, learned lots of things from them.
Disgusting treatment of women in 2013
Commercial Account Manager Intern (Former Employee), Brockville ONJune 28, 2014
No respect for female employees. Discrimination all the time. Mentor who had no desire to train a new employee and management that just didn't make the old boys club accountable.
Excellent management
Directrice de comptes (Current Employee), La Prairie, QCJune 25, 2014
- Excellent structure and rigorous management
- Excellent and competent sales team
Accounting Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2014
It was always nice to work with RBC Bank. All the colleagues were friendly and helpful. There is always new to learn and everybody is ready to support and even the supervisors are also helpful. I would like to work with RBC in future.
Service Representative (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJune 9, 2014
• Responsible for preparing and developing credit renewal submissions.
• Influence portfolio quality through capable credit risk assessment and strategic assessment
• Approve Transaction requests within delegated lending Limits
• Exercise due diligence in recommending and preparing credit renewal and new applications
• Identify opportunities to maintain – more... completive credit structures based on clients current position, and proactively recommend solutions
• Answer inquiries from clients
• Provide information to customers
• Explain the type and cost of services offered
• Receive and log complaints
• Access and process information
• Maintain records and statistics
• Confirmation of payment
• Ensure validity of payments
• Verification of posting to correct account – less
Big bank with strong balance sheet; stable risk management culture.
Senior Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJune 4, 2014
Strong risk management culture, from front office to risk management area. People work hard and are dedicated to their work
fun work place, productive
Financial Analyst, Transfer Pricing, (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2014
- amazing environment
- fast paste working environment
- meeting alot of clients needs.
very demanding
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 1, 2014
Very busy demanding environment, Great employees. Open branch and serve clients with advice and opportunities.
Fast paced environment with team spirit
Account Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga and London, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: team work and strong coaching
Cons: retail type hours hard to balance
I have been successful within RBC to move around and try different roles. I have been supported in my choices and have enjoyed my years there. Financial services has been a part of me for over 20 years and I am very proud to work for RBC. I like the supportive team work environment and have been able thrive with a little healthy competition. I have – more... been able to build a strong rapport and network with both clients and colleagues. – less
It was a productive fun workplace to be. Love my boss
Technical Support Analyst - Co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: meet deadlines
- A typical day at work involved giving my manager updates on work done so far and what is still left uncompleted.
- I learned to be more resourceful, with my knowledge and time management. Also learnt to be more confident when speaking with my Team colleagues.
- Management is great. Although a little bit of pressure, but I love it because It helps – more... me stay ahead and always meet deadlines.
- My co-workers are great, they are the best team I've ever worked with.
- Hardest part of the job in convincing some of my superiors that they might need to downsize the storage (SAN) which their Application Servers make use of, because it costs the bank lots of money.

I love my boss (Ryan Blackburn)
I love my job. – less
warm working environment,
SAS Technical system analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly cultrue
co-workers very nice
learned many banking SAS, SQL, unix system
Great work place
Microsoft Access / SQL Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: lots of programming
Programming, different types of jobs everyday, great work place, great team
Perfect Company
Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2014
Pros: nice managers and workmates, challege projects
Supervisor and workmates are very nice. They likes to give me challenge projects. For example, develop a program to generate daily report for monitoring vms in VMware vSphere. This gives me a very good experience in VMware vSphere.

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC Bank

The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. – Read more