RBC Bank

RBC Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Its a healthy environment to work in.
Back-Up Support Officer/Account Services (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: good incentives.
Cons: pressure
Its a never ending challenge on a shift, you're motivated to work and give your best to finish the work. Co-workers are inspiration that at the end of the day the goal is met. The bank gives you an equal opportunity to grow and developed into a better employee. The hardest part of the day is at the end of the shift when balancing the cash and best part – more... is when you finish the job at the time frame without any problems. – less
not a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), albertaApril 8, 2014
Cons: pay, appreciation, high stress environment
In my experience with RBC I feel there was much room for advancement however no help getting there. The turn over is very high and there are always new faces. Staff do not know one another and there is very little effort by RBC to promote employee functions. You MUST always be happy and if your not fake a really good smile because there are alot of – more... people in your face all day long that need your help and are at times very difficult and it is your job to focus on their problems and not yours. I very much enjoyed my time however I felt it was time to try something different. A bank teller is in no way a career but more of a step towards other positions within the bank.

the MAX. hours per week is 37.5 on a full time work arrangement – less
Stable, Respectable Workplace
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2014
Good environment with much stability and steady growth opportunities. Management and colleagues are exceptional.
Bullied at RBC Dominion for 2yrs while coworkers and management sat idle
Investment Advisor (Former Employee), Western CanadaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: pretend they care about you
Cons: the office valued revenue over health and safety
The employees who hired me lied about the compensation levels. (To anyone who is promised a specific level of compensation, get it in writing!)

Was bullied by two co-workers for months. Office management did nothing to address the problem and it continues to this day with the bullies attacking new targets. Makes me sick to think about it.

Anyone out – more... there having difficulty with co-workers or management, write down your issues and take them to Human Resources. – less
Worst management, managers are always right no checks balances on managers whatever they say whether wrong or right you have to accept it.
Licensed advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
They don't need humans they need robots (very stressful environment).
I give you an example of egg laying chicken, they need chicken who lays eggs every day without gaps after its life is over they dump the chicken.
After 2 to 3 years of service they start giving you hard times so you decide to leave yourself if not then they find ridiculous reasons – more... to fire you.
Management is worst.
Very little almost no chances of growth/promotions until you prove you are a good dancer and joker in front of managers. – less
possitive workplace
Banking Advisor (Current Employee), MississaugaMarch 5, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Private Banker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: strong leadership
Cons: advancement is difficult
Strategy is alive and well at RBC. The leaders are thoughtful and truly understand their craft. The executive are class acts and manage up and down through the organization with an effective message.
CSR representative
CSR Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
i enjoy working as customer service rep.
the company is very committed to there clients
i learned how to deal with customer more professionaly .
nothing was hard all the coworkers were very helpful .
Strong company with excellent values and employee engagement
Sr. Process Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: flexible work and family life balance
Cons: extremely large organization
I had an amazing 20 year track record with this big bank.
Unfortunately my role was eliminated due to the cancellation of a global project.
RBC is a great place to work, learn and grow.
National Channel Support
Account Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great work mtes
Cons: monotony
Would assist dealers with new phone account activation process and policies , acted as dealers help line
no support from supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), VancouverDecember 3, 2013
Pros: full benefit for part time
Cons: unsupportive management
there is absolutely no support from supervisors is she/he does not like you. You can never get approved for relocating branch or even apply for different roles.
RBC advice center
Credit Card specialist, Advise clients (Current Employee), vancouver,bcDecember 2, 2013
Pros: compliance time
Cons: long hours on phone
A typical day begins with signing into my computer and all my programs, reading emails to notify myself of any updates or changes at work we have going on. Its a learning process everyday I feel. I come home with new knowledge and wisdom towards the job. its nice to have a great variety of co-workers so we can have some fun time as well. the hardest – more... part of the job I feel is to make sure I am able to answer every clients request fully. but I do really enjoy having control on my own time management skills and tasks. – less
Call Centre for loans, credit lines, Visas and mortgages
Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great team spirit.
Cons: after awhile the 3pm to 11pm became tedious.
Very exciting job. You started calling at 3pm in Northern Ontario
then you worked your way across Ontario to the East. At night you were West ending up in Alberta, at 11pm. The entire team
was like a family. Your team leader always willing to help you
achieve your goals and better.
Probably the best bank to work for in Canada
Senior Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 25, 2013
Pros: professional environment, successful results
Cons: required to sacrifice personal lives
This bank is leading in most categories and for good reason. They have their act together and are leaving the competition behind. Stable management, good pay package and opportunity to advance.
Great job security.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 18, 2013
I was a Customer Service Representative and worked in a couple different departments. I would spend each shift responding to incoming calls from clients and reviewing their accounts. It was challenging to meet each clients needs and try wow them. I would have liked to spend more time assisting each caller, but the environment was very faced paced. I – more... learned a lot about banking, and was able to transfer within the organization to see more of Canada. – less
Interesting work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good training and coworkers.
Cons: managment needs to learn a lot.
- helped with daily transaction
- trying to give clients best package
- book appointments
- provide support to safety deposit
Challenging
Senior Trust Account (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2013
Pros: career satisfying
Cons: was laid off due to down sizing
It was very enjoyable and very challenging working for RBC.
Having the tools and resourses to ensure a job well done
Account Manager Qualified/Expert CSR (Former Employee), Parry Sound, ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: team buliding environment
Cons: never enough hours in a day
Thrived on the day to day challenges of discovering client needs and finding the best solution based on all products and services available.
Great Company
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 2, 2013
Great Company and Many different Area's to Advance and work in.
Professional environment to work,
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 19, 2013
Numerous opportunites to gain certification. Excellent people and environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC Bank

The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. – Read more