RBC Bank

RBC Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Day at the Bank
Operation Administrator - Contract (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
A day at RBC can be your most eventful, fun-filled and productive day. Everyday is a new and different. Every department is like its own community, it definitely defines true teamwork. Each task that every team handles are evenly distributed around the team and is completed. I have learned that your knowledge and skills are never limited to just the – more... tasks given in your department. Cross-training is highly recommended! Time management is also key, which is probably the most challenging. Throughout the day, the volume of work varies, therefore time management is important. RBC is a great opportunity for one to grow and exceed their personal limitations. – less
horrible place to work
customer service representative (Former Employee), grande prairieJuly 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: training sucked
All I have to say is awful!! They care more about the clients then the staff. Everyone was fake. The training was awful. After working there I would never bank there at all. They don't know how to pay their employees. The assistant manager was awful she doesn't know how to do her job she needs more training.
A really good company to work for
Corporate Communications Summer Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2014
Very nice coworkers, engaging and dynamic environment, and excellent job security.
Great Working Place
Client Service Representative/Central Teller (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 9, 2014
Managers and Co-workers are awesome, love to work with them, learned lots of things from them.
Disgusting treatment of women in 2013
Commercial Account Manager Intern (Former Employee), Brockville ONJune 28, 2014
No respect for female employees. Discrimination all the time. Mentor who had no desire to train a new employee and management that just didn't make the old boys club accountable.
Excellent management
Directrice de comptes (Current Employee), La Prairie, QCJune 25, 2014
- Excellent structure and rigorous management
- Excellent and competent sales team
Accounting Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2014
It was always nice to work with RBC Bank. All the colleagues were friendly and helpful. There is always new to learn and everybody is ready to support and even the supervisors are also helpful. I would like to work with RBC in future.
Service Representative (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJune 9, 2014
• Responsible for preparing and developing credit renewal submissions.
• Influence portfolio quality through capable credit risk assessment and strategic assessment
• Approve Transaction requests within delegated lending Limits
• Exercise due diligence in recommending and preparing credit renewal and new applications
• Identify opportunities to maintain – more... completive credit structures based on clients current position, and proactively recommend solutions
• Answer inquiries from clients
• Provide information to customers
• Explain the type and cost of services offered
• Receive and log complaints
• Access and process information
• Maintain records and statistics
• Confirmation of payment
• Ensure validity of payments
• Verification of posting to correct account – less
Big bank with strong balance sheet; stable risk management culture.
Senior Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJune 4, 2014
Strong risk management culture, from front office to risk management area. People work hard and are dedicated to their work
fun work place, productive
Financial Analyst, Transfer Pricing, (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2014
- amazing environment
- fast paste working environment
- meeting alot of clients needs.
very demanding
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 1, 2014
Very busy demanding environment, Great employees. Open branch and serve clients with advice and opportunities.
Fast paced environment with team spirit
Account Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga and London, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: team work and strong coaching
Cons: retail type hours hard to balance
I have been successful within RBC to move around and try different roles. I have been supported in my choices and have enjoyed my years there. Financial services has been a part of me for over 20 years and I am very proud to work for RBC. I like the supportive team work environment and have been able thrive with a little healthy competition. I have – more... been able to build a strong rapport and network with both clients and colleagues. – less
It was a productive fun workplace to be. Love my boss
Technical Support Analyst - Co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: meet deadlines
- A typical day at work involved giving my manager updates on work done so far and what is still left uncompleted.
- I learned to be more resourceful, with my knowledge and time management. Also learnt to be more confident when speaking with my Team colleagues.
- Management is great. Although a little bit of pressure, but I love it because It helps – more... me stay ahead and always meet deadlines.
- My co-workers are great, they are the best team I've ever worked with.
- Hardest part of the job in convincing some of my superiors that they might need to downsize the storage (SAN) which their Application Servers make use of, because it costs the bank lots of money.

I love my boss (Ryan Blackburn)
I love my job. – less
warm working environment,
SAS Technical system analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly cultrue
co-workers very nice
learned many banking SAS, SQL, unix system
Great work place
Microsoft Access / SQL Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: lots of programming
Programming, different types of jobs everyday, great work place, great team
Perfect Company
Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2014
Pros: nice managers and workmates, challege projects
Supervisor and workmates are very nice. They likes to give me challenge projects. For example, develop a program to generate daily report for monitoring vms in VMware vSphere. This gives me a very good experience in VMware vSphere.
Good, stable place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Good, stable place to work. Typical large company environment.
Excellent Job Opportunity
Mortgage Specialist Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Obtained great knowledge. Excellent workplace and environment. Management and co-workers were great.
Its a healthy environment to work in.
Back-Up Support Officer/Account Services (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: good incentives.
Cons: pressure
Its a never ending challenge on a shift, you're motivated to work and give your best to finish the work. Co-workers are inspiration that at the end of the day the goal is met. The bank gives you an equal opportunity to grow and developed into a better employee. The hardest part of the day is at the end of the shift when balancing the cash and best part – more... is when you finish the job at the time frame without any problems. – less
not a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), albertaApril 8, 2014
Cons: pay, appreciation, high stress environment
In my experience with RBC I feel there was much room for advancement however no help getting there. The turn over is very high and there are always new faces. Staff do not know one another and there is very little effort by RBC to promote employee functions. You MUST always be happy and if your not fake a really good smile because there are alot of – more... people in your face all day long that need your help and are at times very difficult and it is your job to focus on their problems and not yours. I very much enjoyed my time however I felt it was time to try something different. A bank teller is in no way a career but more of a step towards other positions within the bank.

the MAX. hours per week is 37.5 on a full time work arrangement – less

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC Bank

The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. – Read more