Our Project Team is currently looking for motivated Project Engineer(s) for our Calgary and Edmonton locations to take on various Pipelines and Facilities projects ranging from $1MM to $50MM. The position will support the project manager(s) with sound engineering solutions and strong initiative while providing quality engineering design to our valued clients.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Engineer works with various disciplines to ensure all engineering deliverables are completed in a timely and cost effective fashion. Furthermore, the Project Engineer works as part of a project team.
Key duties are to
- Arrive at innovative engineering solutions for our valued clients while also coordinating with various discipline consultants
- Develop project plans such as scoping studies, design basis memorandums, engineering design specifications, as well as budgets, manpower forecasts, schedules, etc.
- Ensure construction work packages, scope of work, project execution plan are prepared as part of engineering documents
- Prepare cost estimations, planning and construction schedules and progress reports
- Review project documentation prior to submission to project manager(s), including checking for technical accuracy
- Liaise with project managers, clients and vendors
- Coordinate duties among other Project Team members and mentor junior engineers in various technical areas and assign tasks
- Prepare bids, make vendor selections, propose recommendations to clients
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure the accuracy and completeness of different technical drawings, (e.g. PFD/P&ID drawings, designs, line and equipment lists, etc.)
- Ensure that engineering design codes and standards are met, as per legislation and the client’s specifications
- Report progress (scheduling and cost control) to project manager(s) and ensure that all action items are completed, as per project scope
- Travel to the field may be required—up to 10%
- P.Eng., or be eligible for APEGA membership is preferred
- Minimum 6 years with EPCM is mandatory, preferably in mechanical engineering or with project engineering experience within pipeline, conventional oil and/or natural gas facility projects
- Solid understanding of industry applicable codes and standards (CSA Z662, B31.3 and APR)
- The successful candidate must possess minimum a B.Sc. degree with major in
- Ability to multi-task and handle several concurrent projects under tight deadlines
- Must be highly analytical and possess solid business and financial sense
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate with vendors and contractors and influence team members with sound decision-making skills
- Strong understanding of project management, in terms of scope, planning, cost controls and deliverables
- Flexibility to adjust to work schedules, as the project dictates
- Willingness to develop and thrive in a growing organization
Razor Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPC company, established since 2007. We pride ourselves in providing high quality, cost effective, engineering solutions to our clients in the oil & gas industries.
Razor’s working environment supports each individual, giving each person a satisfying tour of duties by valuing their contributions, testing their ideas and rewarding their successes. Razor bases the company culture on an environment where management clearly communicates what is expected and empowers employees. Cooperation and respect for each other is emphasised at all levels within the company. It is a professional workplace where people skills and experience are acknowledged and appreciated.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Razor, we strive to create a long-term career opportunity for everyone. You will be working with highly skilled professionals who value their contributions to the success of the organization. In return, you are compensated with
- A stimulating, fast-paced and diverse working environment where you will contribute ideas and offer solutions to established oil and gas companies in Canada and Australia
- An exposure to various technical areas, from scoping studies to commissioning and start-up
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked pay adjustment program
- Strong family value-based EPC company that understands the importance of flexible working hours and work-life balance where you and your family feel like a part of Razor, and not just an employee number
- Opportunities to participate in company-sponsored social events and various team building events
- Opportunities for continuous professional development and sponsorship of professional memberships
- Bright, modern office facilities, easily accessible and with free parking