Raytheon

Raytheon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Review of being an HEO for Raytheon
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), AntarcticaNovember 15, 2013
Pros: antarctica
Cons: salary and lack of professionalism
Long contracts but offset by the 'adventure' of Antarctica. Unprofessional work environment, both from management and coworkers. Enjoyed the job tasks but very poor pay without hazard pay or tax exemption. Salary actually decreased each year.
productive
Production Associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nobody looking over shoulder all the time
Cons: pay rate
I was basically left on my own to build cables to drawing specifications
Productive, challenging, and rewarding workplace
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2012
Pros: everything was good with this company.
Cons: nothing i can think of.
Raytheon offers many opportunities and a challenging workplace. Very close and strong team work exists among engineering and technicians. Supportive management.
Alright company to work for
Multidiscipline Engineer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CASeptember 19, 2014
Everything is fine here, except for Job security.
Manager is nice, co-workers are super.
A Fantastic Opportunity in Saudi Arabia
Trainer (Former Employee), Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fantastic benefits
Great benefits, and a company that still does well by its employees.
Really enjoyed the 7 years I spent at Raytheon Missile Systems.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, Az.September 17, 2014
Pros: great place to work and they encouraged career inrichment!
Cons: non!
On a typical day here I would work on 3-4 missiles ranging from IR Guidance Unit assemblies to populating circuit card assemblies, 5-7 rework orders, trained employees for a 1-2 hours, running the coating equipment to coat PCB's, acting as the shop steward and occasionally initiating redlines for planning changes.
Great Place To Work
Principle Accountant - Specialist (Former Employee), Fullerton, CASeptember 17, 2014
Working at Raytheon has always been a very interesting place to work. It is a constantly changing environment with great training programs and opportunities to grow an learn you profession.
Enjoyable work place with downside being a contract job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: easy good money
Cons: at first no standard operating procedures and unfairness between each crew leaders
Work at raytheon was easy and consistant. Many days consisited of just being required to be there and no physical labor. I enjoyed a majority of the job and looked forward to even cutting grass being the hardest part of the job
Good Company & good co-workers.
Administrative Assistant - (Full-time & Part Time) (Former Employee), El Segundo, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: good company.
Good company to work for. Benefits are good. Co-workers easy to get along with. Supervision very understanding and easy to get along with.
Fine company with challenging projects.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), Andover, MASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: plenty of fun projects.
Cons: unstable, because projects depend on funding from dod.
Fun place to work, great people. I learned quite a bit about Radars, and all aspects of Test Engineering. Management is a bit removed from the everyday struggles. My co-workers were friendly and eager to share knowledge for the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with hourly employees because they belong in the Union, and they sometimes – more... get in the way or performing duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that what I did mattered to our war fighters. – less
security
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good people and good pay
Cons: office politics caused un needed drama
I would control access to plant site
escort faculty and vip
conduct inspections and investigations
Overseas contractor
Lead Field Service Representative (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no personal time except 1 month a yr stateside
Did this job for three years. management didn't care about end users just as long as it worked on paper.
Nice place to work.
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Bryan Dairy Road Largo, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: the job was interesting.
Cons: it was only temparay.
This was a temparay job with MAN POWER TEMPARAY AGENCY.
Running reports for accounting,material tranfers and entering budget information, asign account invoice numbers. Putting together educational material into book form for future use.
Learned how to run reports.
Co-workers were nice and helpful.
The hardest part was putting the book together.
The – more... job was interesting and kept me busy. – less
OK place
Principal Cyber Engineer (Current Employee), Falls Church, VASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: poor personal treatment
Work is rewarding.
Raytheon does not treat their employees very well.
Good Company Headed in Wrong Direction
Engineer (Current Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good job security
Cons: work/life balance is very poor
There has been a significant shift in the corporate management of the Aurora CO campus in the last two years. Benefits have been significantly reduced. Employees are now seen as replaceable tools instead of essential members of an engineering team. The new corporate management culture encourages managers to make poor short term decisions to make schedule/budget – more... at the expense of long term project success. This leads to down-stream budget/schedule constraints that are levied onto the workforce, leading to high burn-out rates and low employee retention rates. 50-60 hour work weeks (sometimes uncompensated) are increasingly the norm. There is no sign this is going to change any time soon. This WAS a good company to work for. – less
Fun
I.T. (Former Employee), GarlandAugust 31, 2014
Fun place to work, worked with the high school work program. management was nice and didnt breath down your neck as long as the projects were finished
Lay-offs are very prevalent; population declining rapidly
Finance Manager (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 31, 2014
Lay-offs are very prevalent; population declining rapidly
Shinking the big Giant
Production Controller (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAAugust 28, 2014
I was accountable for man hours,all parts cost and running daily reports.How to be responsible to send off all report information to corporate. Management and I had to get along,we shared the same office.But we really supported each other.Co-worker were great! I enjoy a variety of people.Learning the job was very stressfull.the Boss didnt even know – more... it.The young man that trained me was there for 5 days.So I had to learn fast.That was a little trying.The most enjoyable part was when i finally mastered the job. – less
Great job opportunity
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Mulitiple locations overseasAugust 28, 2014
Fun and productive job experience that gave me the opportunity to learn about different fields other than what was covered in my job description.
Large company environment
Senior Program Controls Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 28, 2014
Strong large company with numerous opportunities for job growth. One of the main benefits is the ability to grow with the company, and to find yourself in new, challenging roles at any time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods")¬†took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly – Read more