Raytheon Employee Reviews

Really?
Canteen Worker (Former Employee) –  Nunavut26 December 2017
This company is looking for HEO from all over canada and not offering relocation. And they clearly dont even know what HEO do because their job description is for semi truck and trailer drivers.
Pros
Cons
No relocation and low pay
Very Unethical
Senior IT Systems Administrator/Analyst, November (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 December 2017
My expectation from this 4-month long Ethics investigation was to restore my reputation and integrity and hopefully my position. I have over 7 years of working for Raytheon, and completed all of the mandatory Ethics Courses. In my opinion, this case was the most Unethical, Non Impartial and one sided Judgmental investigation ever.
uncertain atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON7 October 2017
Contract work makes the job not worth pursuing. Lots of old timers there that control the way the shifts are made up. No day shift for contract workers unless in training. They favor people hired through family and will place then in a better area with better shift coverage.

Don't waste your time until they decide to fully invest in yours.
Pros
Cons
no job security, lower wage for contract workers, care only about perm full timers
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON31 July 2017
Raytheon provides a safe, professional work environment. Great people, good benefits and good pay. I would consider this to be secure employment with a long future of opportunities.
Pros
Safe, positive, professional environment
Cons
shift work, some positions are only part time
Good company to work for
Material Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2017
Raytheon Canada was a great company to work for. I learned a lot in the 20 years I was there and was able to advance my career. They have a great online education system to help create new skills.
Pros
good work enviroment
It's the bottom of the world!
Parts and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Mc Murdo, Antarctica28 June 2017
If you like to travel and Antarctica is on your bucket list, then it's the perfect job! The community living arrangements isn't everyone cup of tea, but the work and people make it worth the effort.
Pros
free meals and rent.
Great place for full time hire
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 February 2017
Performed quality audits on airport surveillance radar equipment at all levels of assembly. Checked solder joints and hardware connections. Interesting work for someone who embraces electronics. Was hired through an agency for 6mos contract. When contract expired was not contacted by HR regarding my status. My manager told me just to keep coming in until advised otherwise. Worked for a full year and did not receive any job offer for permanent employment. Moved on to better wage and job with benefits.
Pros
Inmteresting work
Cons
Uncertainty in employment status
nice place to work for
technical support specialist team lead (Former Employee) –  waterloo canada8 November 2016
very good place to work for . nice people ,very frendly .good environment, good money
good trainings ,
good benefits
in general a good work place .
Great job. Educational and a lot of overtime around Christmas.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON29 August 2016
This was a great job. I loved learning new and interesting things. the engineers I worked with were exceptional and I learnt something new each day for 5 years. We had company toonie and loonie draws for employees who wanted to participate each Friday. Elegant Christmas parties for employees. Good benefits and company profit sharing.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
eventually had a lay off
Huge organization with cutting edge technology and using best practices
Database Expert/Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 May 2016
great DBA team and busy environment with excellent management policies.
Always new projects and challenging issues on a daily basis which presents a best learning curve and great environment for growth...
Pros
cross taining
Cons
located in a small town
Welcoming workplace with friendly employees
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 May 2016
The moment I stepped in the front door of the building, I was greeted in a very polite manner. Through my co-op work term, I became acquainted with nearly everyone in the IT department, and I even made connections with the General Manager of the building.

Overall, it's a very welcoming atmosphere where you're rewarded for the work you put in.
Challenging Positions Held
Program Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 June 2015
Muti-Task - working for 20 Engineers
on a $700 M Radar Program
Attended Meetings w/ Customers;
Took Action Items - followed up for timely completion.
Made travel arrangements world wide
Organized dinners, receptions for Comany and also various Customers from Europe.

Very challenging and rewarding experience working at Raytheon.
The company did treat their employees like family
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB17 February 2015
Raytheon is a company that really does make it's employees feel like family. The benefits and salary were very highly competitive.
The hardest part of the job I would have to say were the long hours and month end. It was not uncommon to work 14 -16 hour days during that time.
Raytheon US
assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON3 July 2014
great co-workers, interesting work. management was easy to get along with. Loved the job
Pros
easy going environment, learnt a lot about optics
Cons
shortage of work
Benefits and work environment are good, little chance for advancement
Overhaul Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2014
The workplace has a good atmosphere and fun people. The job can be repetitive and not much changes. There is not much room for advancement and the company is top heavy on Management.
Pros
fantastic home/workplace balance
Cons
risk adverse, and stuck in their own paradigm of thinking, Technical staff is typically paid less than administrative
Loved working for Raytheon!!!
Shipping Planner Team-Lead/Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 March 2014
Everyday was different, multitasking, management very supportive, people were fantastic
Pros
The people, internal training, promoting from within
Cons
frequent lay offs
Radar systems
Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 December 2013
Design of complex radar systems
Friendly and knowledgeable design team
A great place to work, but the hours could be very long
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2013
Through Raytheon I added many skills to my resume, here are a few:
ITAR & Dangerous Goods Training, EVM Certification, PMP level I, Cost Analysis Training, Foreign Corrupt Practices Training, IT Security Training. Plus I hold a Govn't Secret Level II Clearance.
Review of being an HEO for Raytheon
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Antarctica15 November 2013
Long contracts but offset by the 'adventure' of Antarctica. Unprofessional work environment, both from management and coworkers. Enjoyed the job tasks but very poor pay without hazard pay or tax exemption. Salary actually decreased each year.
Pros
Antarctica
Cons
Salary and lack of professionalism
Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 October 2013
Working as a Quality Engineer at Raytheon I conducted frequent audits of the Quality Management System determined areas for improvement and corrective action, I collected failure data analysed it for defect trends and when a trend was detected. I developed and executed a plan for containment, isolation, and resolution of the defect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.