Raytheon

Raytheon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Production Associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: nobody looking over shoulder all the time
Cons: pay rate
I was basically left on my own to build cables to drawing specifications
Productive, challenging, and rewarding workplace
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2012
Pros: everything was good with this company.
Cons: nothing i can think of.
Raytheon offers many opportunities and a challenging workplace. Very close and strong team work exists among engineering and technicians. Supportive management.
Shinking the big Giant
Production Controller (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAAugust 28, 2014
I was accountable for man hours,all parts cost and running daily reports.How to be responsible to send off all report information to corporate. Management and I had to get along,we shared the same office.But we really supported each other.Co-worker were great! I enjoy a variety of people.Learning the job was very stressfull.the Boss didnt even know – more... it.The young man that trained me was there for 5 days.So I had to learn fast.That was a little trying.The most enjoyable part was when i finally mastered the job. – less
Great job opportunity
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Mulitiple locations overseasAugust 28, 2014
Fun and productive job experience that gave me the opportunity to learn about different fields other than what was covered in my job description.
Great company!!!
Communications Coordinator Internship (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: too many to list
Cons: none!
This was a great company to work for - managers very motivating and involved in career development, work was challenging, co-workers helpful and friendly. Generous compensation and benefits.
Very good company, great products and projects to work on
SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 19, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction, customer satisfaction, work schedule
Cons: demanding work schedule, product quality, supplier quality
A typical work day involved working on detailed information with various weapons projects. The work schedule was (5) 9 hour days
and (4) 9 hour days, resulting in every other Friday off. Management from the top down was excellent, and focused on the customer and products. Co-workers were dedicated and focused, and very willing to work together on projects.

The – more... hardest part of the job was learning a new MRP system by SAP/Prism. It was worthwhile because it ensured accuracy in all phases of manufacturing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction. The customers lives depended on these products, which only had to work once, but their lives depended on the product working as designed. – less
Overall it was good to be apart of.
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 18, 2014
While I was only an administrative support specialist, it was still a nice experience. Upward mobility and human resources (appropriate job placement for personnel, specifically) were lacking, but the company seemed like it was a pleasant place to work.
California management runs Texas sites
Engineering Cable and Test Box Coordinator (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: california management
Really enjoyed working at Raytheon until California started bringing all their union ideas to Texas
Professional Environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2014
I loved the diverse culture at Raytheon. the work was rewarding and challenging, and my coworkers were like family.
Job work / Life Balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Falls ChurchAugust 13, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: laid off due to downsizing requirement
Great job all around. Laid off due to downsizing requirement
Good company, good people - a bit process oriented
Program Area Engineer (PAE) / Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Dulles, VAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: a bit too process oriented
Good company
Good people
A bit too process oriented

Management is somewhat stove piped
(good for dividing responsibilities)
(Can create not my job syndrome)
Great Place to Be
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 11, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with Raytheon, and will go back again under the right circumstances.
Stressful place to work
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Andover, MAAugust 11, 2014
People you work with are great. But, the management is metric driven and very old boy network.
Raytheon is a fortune 500 company government defense contractor aspiring to be most admired defense and aerospace systems company in the world.
Section Leader/Mgr III Business Planning (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 10, 2014
Pros: salaries and benefits are typically higher than that of commercial companies, work life balance is good.
Cons: advancement poor with some of the business units, overall morale is low. the company continually has frequent organizational changes year after year.
Raytheon is a solid company with a bright future. Main products are government defense and aerospace systems . Very interesting work and technology is far advanced as compared to other similar companies. Core strength lies within their world-class people, innovation and technology. Company is currently in a cut back mode as it consolidated businesses – more... from 6 to 4 business units. Many organizational changes currently taking place as the company re-invents itself. Benefits are very good and salaries are slightly above that of the commercial world. – less
Nepotism and Cronyism abounds
Senior Systems Administrator Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAAugust 10, 2014
It's either their way or the highway. Management is chosen not by abilities, but by nepotism, cronyism and willingness to work over 40 hours.
Great work environment
Sr. Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee), Hohenfels, BYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: travel
My co-workers are dedicated to the mission of training US Forces and Multi-National Forces. The product that is produced by all members of the team cannot be duplicated.
Great place to work with great people
Quality Manager (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 1, 2014
Expectations are high in this fast paced environment. If you are willing to work hard you can go far.
Not a bad Job
International Logistics / Product Support (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 1, 2014
Pros: fun job with somewhat flexable hours
Cons: alot of paperwork
Raytheon is a great company to work for. A large portion of my job as a member of the IDS/RMS International Product Support, Consulting Project Management Liaison is facilitating meetings between the US government, foreign personal, Raytheon, and other government contractors. This is a job I would have never thought of doing but I do love it. Just knowing – more... I am able to successfully set up a conference of 150 people with 12 different vendors, 30 foreign dignitaries from 8 different countries that don’t like each other very much and the US government is a great feeling. – less
Antarctic job
Utility Mechanic (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free food and lodging
Cons: coldest place in the world to work
The Job was well paying and the work was a challenge being the only expert available was interesting. The contract part was the least fun because after 8 months you were unemployed again.
Supervisor did not spend the time trying to help you. You were on your own.
Program Manager II (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MdJuly 30, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: long drive to office
Manage the Mission Systems Integration (MSI) group that creates integrated solutions to meet the customer needs in the uses of transponders for both new and upgraded platforms. Within these programs I manage the preparation and chairing of Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), System Integration Labs (SILs), and customer interface.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly – Read more