Raymond James

Raymond James Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice art.
Compliance Documentation Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 5, 2013
Very corporate and bureaucratic. Happy veneer but just what you would expect.
The people are easy to work with and communicative.
Application Developer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 29, 2013
Pros: able to work from home 1 day a week
Cons: unable to provide a comfortable working room temperature in the building i was in.
I enjoyed working at Raymond James. They do a lot of community work and support the employees in the community work.
Great place I worked there for 23 years
Application Administrator (Former Employee), St Pete FLApril 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: company grew in size and to international presence. the company care and family culture was lost.
My co-workers were great for the most part. Great teamwork. Well ran company by upper management . Middle management is top heavy , Learned a lot , from beginning IT to experienced SME. Typical day was come in early and work all day and some days into the night.Most enjoyable was helping the company grow over the years . Also when tasks/goals were completed – more... and the feeling of accomplishment, – less
SUPERVISOR, ASSET MANAGEMENT BILLING (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 23, 2013
This company is located in St. pete, florida. It is compirsed of 2 buildings.
Traveled and set stores
Office Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2013
Always traveled and met all types of people. Went out to new stores and set up the store from shelving to design
Very stable company, a good place to learn and grow professionally
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 22, 2013
Very stable company, a good place to learn and grow professionally with many different financial and technology paths to be pursued.
I would be a contributing member to the office staff with my work ethic and people skills.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Petersburg FL.April 21, 2013
My work day begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
I learned how to communicate effectively with clients both internal and external in a professional and friendly manner.
I work closely with management as an administative assistant.
I am able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
My job requires a constant rearranging – more... of work priorities dependant on various situations that may arise during the work day.
I enjoy the associates that I work for and report to as I am very much a people person. – less
Great Management
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 1, 2013
The hardest part of the job is the 100% commission structure
Helping my father
Volunteer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 28, 2013
It was only to help my father. I organized his files for him and helped with anything he needed.
Every Advisor has an Independent Office.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 26, 2013
Pros: great work - i love it. working with the market and all that goes with it.
Cons: none really - unless the advisor you work with makes it a con.....
You can not really write a review about Raymond James unless you work at the Home Office in St. Petersburg, Flordia. Each office is independent and everything can be different in each office. I was fortunate to have several perks.
Friendly in a professional atmosphere
Director of First Impressions/Receptionist (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: difficult at times, as a non-family member, working with the family
This is a fee-based wealth advisory office affiliated with Raymond James Financial Services. It is an 8 man, family run business. Great place to work if you need to balance work and family. The clients were the most enjoyable part of the job along with co-workers who really care about their clients.
great corporate culture, low paying
Product Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 16, 2013
i love the company, known for not paying as much.
incredible corp culture and benefits.
Exciting Job in a Fast-Paced but Educational Atmosphere
Corporate Credit Analyst, Raymond James Bank N.A (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: flexibility, opportunity for growth
A typical day for me includes completing reviews on existing loans within the commercial real estate portfolio, as well as helping bankers underwrite new credits and amend existing credits. I have learned a great deal about credit analysis, and I have begun to develop a greater knowledge of commercial real estate and the opportunities and risks associated – more... with real estate investments and lending. The most enjoyable part of my job is being part of a growing department that places a lot of value on the growth and education of its analysts; I frequently assist bankers on underwriting large and/or complex credits, and in many cases they rely on my work to develop their analyses. – less
Raymond James
Broker Intern (Former Employee), Orem, UTFebruary 20, 2013
Private wealth management: small team of extremely qualified investment professionals.
Very imature management, poor HR function, culture varies by function
Manager (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: some good people; some functions culture still fun
Cons: poor compensation; hr function poorly run
Imature culture, poor pay, untrained managment, culture that teeters between back-stabbing and simply imature. HR function suffers from lack of strategic leadership and emotional intelligence.
great
Imaging Rep (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2013
great company. great balance. hated to leave but moved out of state.
great company
Imaging Rep (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2013
i loved working for this company. great balance between professional and casual enviroment.
Enjoyable place to work.
Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 24, 2013
I was given the opportunity to learn about the financial industry which helped me in my personal life as well.
The company did a lot for its employees.
Raymond James gives its people lots of opportunities for advancement.
Stressed out and done!
Na (Former Employee), NaDecember 20, 2012
Pros: bonus, healthcare
Cons: stress, micromanage, glass ceiling
At RJ it is not what you know it is who you know. Home office associates are greatly undervalued unless you are a manager. Managers are the only people who count, the rest of us were very replaceable. They played favorites and there is no advancement for anyone who is not an insider. You are expected to know everything and train others, including your – more... boss, and never ask for help. They use metrics and time everything, micro managed to the hilt. Mid level management is a joke, glad I'm gone. – less

March 5, 2013

This is all so correct. STRESSFUL and unappreciated. I am no longer there either after 15 years!!!!!!!!!!! You have to work like a robot and never make an error!!!!!!!

June 24, 2013

Totally unstable IT , all IT personnel left are stressed beyond limits and looking to leave. do not look here for IT employment. more lay offs coming.....

Good Work Environment To Begin A Career. Not So Much If You Are Experienced
Internship (while in law school) (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2012
After working in much larger financial services companies, I found that Raymond James was several years behind in product development.

The departmental structure seemed to be in-flux.

About Raymond James

You can callĀ it Ray. You can callĀ it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more