Raymond James

Raymond James Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I would be a contributing member to the office staff with my work ethic and people skills.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Petersburg FL.April 21, 2013
My work day begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
I learned how to communicate effectively with clients both internal and external in a professional and friendly manner.
I work closely with management as an administative assistant.
I am able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
My job requires a constant rearranging – more... of work priorities dependant on various situations that may arise during the work day.
I enjoy the associates that I work for and report to as I am very much a people person. – less
Great Management
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 1, 2013
The hardest part of the job is the 100% commission structure
Helping my father
Volunteer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 28, 2013
It was only to help my father. I organized his files for him and helped with anything he needed.
Every Advisor has an Independent Office.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 26, 2013
Pros: great work - i love it. working with the market and all that goes with it.
Cons: none really - unless the advisor you work with makes it a con.....
You can not really write a review about Raymond James unless you work at the Home Office in St. Petersburg, Flordia. Each office is independent and everything can be different in each office. I was fortunate to have several perks.
Friendly in a professional atmosphere
Director of First Impressions/Receptionist (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: difficult at times, as a non-family member, working with the family
This is a fee-based wealth advisory office affiliated with Raymond James Financial Services. It is an 8 man, family run business. Great place to work if you need to balance work and family. The clients were the most enjoyable part of the job along with co-workers who really care about their clients.
great corporate culture, low paying
Product Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 16, 2013
i love the company, known for not paying as much.
incredible corp culture and benefits.
Exciting Job in a Fast-Paced but Educational Atmosphere
Corporate Credit Analyst, Raymond James Bank N.A (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: flexibility, opportunity for growth
A typical day for me includes completing reviews on existing loans within the commercial real estate portfolio, as well as helping bankers underwrite new credits and amend existing credits. I have learned a great deal about credit analysis, and I have begun to develop a greater knowledge of commercial real estate and the opportunities and risks associated – more... with real estate investments and lending. The most enjoyable part of my job is being part of a growing department that places a lot of value on the growth and education of its analysts; I frequently assist bankers on underwriting large and/or complex credits, and in many cases they rely on my work to develop their analyses. – less
Raymond James
Broker Intern (Former Employee), Orem, UTFebruary 20, 2013
Private wealth management: small team of extremely qualified investment professionals.
Very imature management, poor HR function, culture varies by function
Manager (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: some good people; some functions culture still fun
Cons: poor compensation; hr function poorly run
Imature culture, poor pay, untrained managment, culture that teeters between back-stabbing and simply imature. HR function suffers from lack of strategic leadership and emotional intelligence.
great
Imaging Rep (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2013
great company. great balance. hated to leave but moved out of state.
great company
Imaging Rep (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2013
i loved working for this company. great balance between professional and casual enviroment.
Enjoyable place to work.
Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 24, 2013
I was given the opportunity to learn about the financial industry which helped me in my personal life as well.
The company did a lot for its employees.
Raymond James gives its people lots of opportunities for advancement.
Stressed out and done!
Na (Former Employee), NaDecember 20, 2012
Pros: bonus, healthcare
Cons: stress, micromanage, glass ceiling
At RJ it is not what you know it is who you know. Home office associates are greatly undervalued unless you are a manager. Managers are the only people who count, the rest of us were very replaceable. They played favorites and there is no advancement for anyone who is not an insider. You are expected to know everything and train others, including your – more... boss, and never ask for help. They use metrics and time everything, micro managed to the hilt. Mid level management is a joke, glad I'm gone. – less

March 5, 2013

This is all so correct. STRESSFUL and unappreciated. I am no longer there either after 15 years!!!!!!!!!!! You have to work like a robot and never make an error!!!!!!!

June 24, 2013

Totally unstable IT , all IT personnel left are stressed beyond limits and looking to leave. do not look here for IT employment. more lay offs coming.....

Good Work Environment To Begin A Career. Not So Much If You Are Experienced
Internship (while in law school) (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2012
After working in much larger financial services companies, I found that Raymond James was several years behind in product development.

The departmental structure seemed to be in-flux.
Teamwork with Capital 'T'
Registered Service Associate II (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 16, 2012
Raymond James has great resources at their home office in St Petersburg. They also have state of the art technology in scanning, going paperless, and cloud technology.
Minimal room for advancement
Operations Rep. (Former Employee), St. PetersburgNovember 27, 2012
Pros: corporate culture and campus
Cons: opportunites for advancement are minimal
How successful you are working at Raymond James depends upon which department you work in. If you look for a job in operations, run for your life! Staff are underappreciated and there are little to no advancement opportunities. Performance feedback is almost non-existent expect during performance review time. That being said, be sure you apply for a – more... position in Towers 3 or 4 only. The corporate culture and values are excellent, as are the opportunities for career advancement. – less
Good Company - Well Run IT Dept.
Data Architect (Former Employee), FLNovember 20, 2012
Pros: it best practices, employee appreciation
There's a good focus on doing things right in IT. I learned a lot there. I think this comes from the fact that their systems are a selling point to independent agents.
Employees are treated well with appreciation events. Great St Petersburg facility.
Truly client-focused firm
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Roswell, GANovember 6, 2012
I have found RJFS to be a very prudently managed investment services firm. The company's conservative business approach has served it well and allowed it to maintain and build a solid reputation with the retail investing public.
Not for me
Client Services (Former Employee), OhioOctober 18, 2012
This just was not the right company or opportunity for me. This review is not specific to the company its just based on my experience in the investment industry; which was not for me.
Analytical position with very in depth research. Great company to work for and amazing Company Culture/Policy.
IMPAC Support Specialist (Current Employee), RJFS - Compliance DeptOctober 17, 2012
Pros: great health care, busy challenging work that is continually thought provoking and leads to gaining knowledge.
Cons: short breaks, mis-communicated rules/regulations.
I work with a team of 5 other people, in a very prestige financial platform that has been closed since 2002, yet allowed for past Financial Advisors to continue in the Program.

On a daily basis, I speak with Financial Advisors Nation wide, solve problems related to all Investment Options. Additionally, I am solely in charge of approving every new Client – more... into the Program and work closely with my Supervisor to solve critical issues.

My co-workers and I work closely on projects as well as maintain our own daily tasks. Aside from taking care of our career duties, we also have a great relationship and work on team building once a month.

The most difficult part of my position is learning to diffuse negative situations and help the Financial Advisors understand practices must be changed.

The most enjoyable part of my position ties in with the most difficult. I enjoy a challenge and really like utilizing my communication skills. Therefore, explaining issues to advisors, gaining their understanding and turning a large issue into one that is accepted is a very enjoyable part of my day. – less

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more