Raymond James

Raymond James Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Small Office Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Upland, CaOctober 2, 2013
Peacefully maintain the clients retirement and stock portfolios.
A steady and relatively relaxed office environment
Administrative Assistant, Receptionist (Former Employee), New Bern, NCSeptember 24, 2013
While performing administrative and receptionist duties, I also learned about financial advising practices, as well as compliance practices in this particular field. I was in charge of organizing and managing client data files and well as corresponding with clients, organizing events and acting as a book keeper for my employers. Unfortunately, this – more... was a part time job and my employers were unable to provide as many hours as I needed to maintain a quality of life, also I had to relocate to Pennsylvania from North Carolina for personal reasons, so I was unable to continue at this business. – less
co workers make it a tolerable place to work
Operations Rep II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch every now and then
Cons: pay for parking
Call center setting. Company is big on micro managing. More concerned about how much is produced as oppose to the quality of the product.
Good benefits and vacation, local management is biased.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: local management is bias and shows favoratism
Company as a whole is a great place to work, but there is a lot of favoritism within management and no place for advancement.
Good organizational structure
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 18, 2013
Raymond James is a great financial organization. I managed and organized the on-boarding and training process for new employees. As Client Relations Manager, the experience I build was very valuable. My superior was informative and very personable.
Relaxed and fun environment to work in
Information Security Access Analyst (Current Employee), St Petersburg, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: most jobs are contract, no opportunity to become full time employee
Need more opportunities to advance or become Full Time employee
Friendly Work Environment
Contractor (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: good campus location in tampa bay area.
Cons: high work-load, lay-offs, some departments do not provide growth.
Departments put emphasis on team-building and camaraderie. Contractor positions are less integrated with rest of firm due to temporary nature, however full-time employees are encouraged to continue their licenses and certifications in various work-relevant areas on the company's dime (so long as employee can show that the certification in some shape – more... contributes to the company). Beautiful prized art-work collection located in all four towers of company lend to a more cheerful and interesting work atmosphere. Art collection located in offices is largest private collection in the United States and includes Warhol, and other greats. – less
Lost culture meets lack of direction and communication in IT
Application Devaloper (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FlAugust 23, 2013
Pros: can always count on a paycheck
Cons: no inspiration or incentive to inovate
No longer a fun culture. Environment is fearful and directionless. Have seen a lot of good people leave.
Productive workplace
Support Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 19, 2013
Cons: management style not working
Involved in cutting edge technology, Enjoyed interaction with coworkers.
I enjoy the daily interaction with clients as well as the diversity from day to day
Senior Registered Service Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: this position has allowed me some flexibiility in my schedule.
I get along well with most of my coworkers and management. I like coming to work in the morning and having things to do right from the get-go. I am able to complete most tasks with little oversight and I enjoy helping clients achieve their goals when it comes to their accounts.
RJ used to be a wonderful place to work.
Support Specialist III (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLAugust 12, 2013
Pros: building and art are exceptional
Cons: nobody is "safe"
Very stressful days. Learned Word, Excel, Outlook. Many classes offered. Hardest part was working for a bipolar department supervisor.
I used to love my job and was proud to be a part of a nobel company. The whole demeanor regarding the compay has steadily declined over the years.
Wonderful career move with a great company
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2013
Pros: the best company i ever worked for.
Cons: the opportunity for further advancement.
I was hired as a receptionist when they opened the local branch. Within 1 year I was a full time employee with my series 7 license. Within 5 years, I had made it to Branch Managers assistant and would back up the Ops Mgr, organize and follow through with Seminars and marketing events, train new Financial Advisors and Associates, as well as process new – more... accounts and trades. I was the IT manager of the branch which I enjoyed the most in this position, along with the people. My biggest obstacle, or challenge with the company was the opportunity for advancement once the market began it's decline. – less
Productive and Personal Workplace
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), Wilton, CTAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Worked alongside the Branch Manager. Analyzed multiple client portfolios on a monthly basis, calculating each portfolio's performance with relation to the S&P 500 Index. Researched and recommended an international mutual fund portfolio for an existing client. Learned to develop a benchmark which took into account equity and fixed income.
Great artwork throughout the company
Contract employee Portfolion Information (Former Employee), Portfolio InformationJuly 25, 2013
Top 10 company every year. Contractor with no opportunity for permanent work.
Productive Workplace - Great Corporate Culture, Performance Driven
Education Specialist II - Portfolio Reporting (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2013
Pros: benefits, healthcare, culture, job advancement
Corporate culture is great that rewards personal performance to meet and exceed personal goals. You write your own year-end reviews, and have control over how you meet your goals.
Great Working Environment
Equity Sector Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, paths for promotion, effective management
Raymond James is a reputable and successfull finance firm that embraces its customers and employees with great work ethic and respect. The company is unlike any other in regards to genuinly caring for its employees and fair treatment accross the board. Although compensation may be below the industry norm, the benefits and cost savings of residing in – more... Florida more than make up for any shortfall. Overall, the company is a fantastic place to work. – less
Great team, great managers
TSC Representative (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJune 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches when we work through, great managers
Cons: layoffs, i am a contractor
Spend all day answering phones, assisting fellow employees with any Technology issue remotely. We take pride in First Call Resolution and we all work hard.
I've learned how to fix many common issues today with computers, from software updates causing issues, to teaching people how to use their computers better.
Management is great, my co-workers are – more... always there to help, and we all get along well, making it a fun place to work. – less
great benefits
Operations (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 8, 2013
The company overall has great retirement benefits and values. Management is seriously lacking; micro-management is rampant. You're expected to be here all the time, leaving early for doctor appointments are frowned upon and held against you. It is a very political environment where it's all about who you know.
Service First motto taken seriously by employees
Business Architect (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLMay 28, 2013
Pros: 2 in-house cafes, free coffee/tea/hot chocolate in kitchens on every floor in all towers, art collection throughout the towers, lots of available training on financial products and job related topics, clubs and organizations such as women's interactive network or hispanic club or toastmasters.
Great community involvement and, in the past, a nice work/life balance with a work hard then celebrate (work, work, play) philosophy. Was voted as one of the best IT places in Tampa Bay to work for years. The company has grown a lot in recent years and there is currently a cultural shift taking place with new management brought in to modernize IT. As – more... the culture changes, so are many of the old established traditions. Still a great company, but currently unsettled in IT as decisions are made and direction still being defined. – less
Hard work, fun place.
Broker Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 22, 2013
Pros: family orientated
Cons: location specific for perks.
Great place to work. Very dedicated employees and management. Family oriented environment.

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more