Raymond James

Raymond James Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoy the daily interaction with clients as well as the diversity from day to day
Senior Registered Service Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: this position has allowed me some flexibiility in my schedule.
I get along well with most of my coworkers and management. I like coming to work in the morning and having things to do right from the get-go. I am able to complete most tasks with little oversight and I enjoy helping clients achieve their goals when it comes to their accounts.
RJ used to be a wonderful place to work.
Support Specialist III (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLAugust 12, 2013
Pros: building and art are exceptional
Cons: nobody is "safe"
Very stressful days. Learned Word, Excel, Outlook. Many classes offered. Hardest part was working for a bipolar department supervisor.
I used to love my job and was proud to be a part of a nobel company. The whole demeanor regarding the compay has steadily declined over the years.
Wonderful career move with a great company
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2013
Pros: the best company i ever worked for.
Cons: the opportunity for further advancement.
I was hired as a receptionist when they opened the local branch. Within 1 year I was a full time employee with my series 7 license. Within 5 years, I had made it to Branch Managers assistant and would back up the Ops Mgr, organize and follow through with Seminars and marketing events, train new Financial Advisors and Associates, as well as process new – more... accounts and trades. I was the IT manager of the branch which I enjoyed the most in this position, along with the people. My biggest obstacle, or challenge with the company was the opportunity for advancement once the market began it's decline. – less
Productive and Personal Workplace
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), Wilton, CTAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Worked alongside the Branch Manager. Analyzed multiple client portfolios on a monthly basis, calculating each portfolio's performance with relation to the S&P 500 Index. Researched and recommended an international mutual fund portfolio for an existing client. Learned to develop a benchmark which took into account equity and fixed income.
Great artwork throughout the company
Contract employee Portfolion Information (Former Employee), Portfolio InformationJuly 25, 2013
Top 10 company every year. Contractor with no opportunity for permanent work.
Productive Workplace - Great Corporate Culture, Performance Driven
Education Specialist II - Portfolio Reporting (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2013
Pros: benefits, healthcare, culture, job advancement
Corporate culture is great that rewards personal performance to meet and exceed personal goals. You write your own year-end reviews, and have control over how you meet your goals.
Great Working Environment
Equity Sector Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, paths for promotion, effective management
Raymond James is a reputable and successfull finance firm that embraces its customers and employees with great work ethic and respect. The company is unlike any other in regards to genuinly caring for its employees and fair treatment accross the board. Although compensation may be below the industry norm, the benefits and cost savings of residing in – more... Florida more than make up for any shortfall. Overall, the company is a fantastic place to work. – less
Great team, great managers
TSC Representative (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJune 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches when we work through, great managers
Cons: layoffs, i am a contractor
Spend all day answering phones, assisting fellow employees with any Technology issue remotely. We take pride in First Call Resolution and we all work hard.
I've learned how to fix many common issues today with computers, from software updates causing issues, to teaching people how to use their computers better.
Management is great, my co-workers are – more... always there to help, and we all get along well, making it a fun place to work. – less
great benefits
Operations (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 8, 2013
The company overall has great retirement benefits and values. Management is seriously lacking; micro-management is rampant. You're expected to be here all the time, leaving early for doctor appointments are frowned upon and held against you. It is a very political environment where it's all about who you know.
Service First motto taken seriously by employees
Business Architect (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLMay 28, 2013
Pros: 2 in-house cafes, free coffee/tea/hot chocolate in kitchens on every floor in all towers, art collection throughout the towers, lots of available training on financial products and job related topics, clubs and organizations such as women's interactive network or hispanic club or toastmasters.
Great community involvement and, in the past, a nice work/life balance with a work hard then celebrate (work, work, play) philosophy. Was voted as one of the best IT places in Tampa Bay to work for years. The company has grown a lot in recent years and there is currently a cultural shift taking place with new management brought in to modernize IT. As – more... the culture changes, so are many of the old established traditions. Still a great company, but currently unsettled in IT as decisions are made and direction still being defined. – less
Hard work, fun place.
Broker Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 22, 2013
Pros: family orientated
Cons: location specific for perks.
Great place to work. Very dedicated employees and management. Family oriented environment.
Nice art.
Compliance Documentation Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 5, 2013
Very corporate and bureaucratic. Happy veneer but just what you would expect.
The people are easy to work with and communicative.
Application Developer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 29, 2013
Pros: able to work from home 1 day a week
Cons: unable to provide a comfortable working room temperature in the building i was in.
I enjoyed working at Raymond James. They do a lot of community work and support the employees in the community work.
Great place I worked there for 23 years
Application Administrator (Former Employee), St Pete FLApril 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: company grew in size and to international presence. the company care and family culture was lost.
My co-workers were great for the most part. Great teamwork. Well ran company by upper management . Middle management is top heavy , Learned a lot , from beginning IT to experienced SME. Typical day was come in early and work all day and some days into the night.Most enjoyable was helping the company grow over the years . Also when tasks/goals were completed – more... and the feeling of accomplishment, – less
SUPERVISOR, ASSET MANAGEMENT BILLING (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 23, 2013
This company is located in St. pete, florida. It is compirsed of 2 buildings.
Traveled and set stores
Office Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2013
Always traveled and met all types of people. Went out to new stores and set up the store from shelving to design
Very stable company, a good place to learn and grow professionally
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 22, 2013
Very stable company, a good place to learn and grow professionally with many different financial and technology paths to be pursued.
I would be a contributing member to the office staff with my work ethic and people skills.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Petersburg FL.April 21, 2013
My work day begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
I learned how to communicate effectively with clients both internal and external in a professional and friendly manner.
I work closely with management as an administative assistant.
I am able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
My job requires a constant rearranging – more... of work priorities dependant on various situations that may arise during the work day.
I enjoy the associates that I work for and report to as I am very much a people person. – less
Great Management
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 1, 2013
The hardest part of the job is the 100% commission structure
Every Advisor has an Independent Office.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 26, 2013
Pros: great work - i love it. working with the market and all that goes with it.
Cons: none really - unless the advisor you work with makes it a con.....
You can not really write a review about Raymond James unless you work at the Home Office in St. Petersburg, Flordia. Each office is independent and everything can be different in each office. I was fortunate to have several perks.

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more