Raymond James

Raymond James Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), KelownaJanuary 17, 2015
I have worked in financial business for over 16 years and sales related jobs for over 25 years. I work very well with people at all levels.
Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with strong sales skills for both inside and outside environments, exceptional analytical and research skills, with outstanding customer service, client relationship building and the ability to effectively work with others.
Raymond James Ltd
Administrative Assistant - Compliance Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great people within office
Cons: very unsettled management personnel
My experience with Raymond James was one filled with challenges and great pride. The firm is very interested in their personnel using all of their skills and thinking outside the box.
General Accountant (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 6, 2014
Productive & good working environment
Friendly staff & caring management
Mature stable work environment
Senior Software Architect (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: stable, good work-life balance
Cons: aversive to utilizing latest technologies
Nicely paced work environment that fosters collaborative teamwork.
agent office convenient to get to, nice FAs and admin staff
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR assistant to MGR (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: met professional, nice fa's and admin ladies.
Cons: inconcistent hours and tasks / direction scattered, untrustworthy
Great HO systems, nice clients, enjoyed admin staff very much, head office helpful and efficient, both FAs professional always. Daily tasks and priorities were subject to change for Mngmt personal tasks which didn't allow for completion of said business obligations/ role. Mgmnt focused elsewhere and outside of business, manipulative so difficult to trust.
Wanted stable income
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: tired of 100% commision income
Raymond James Ltd enabled me to grow my knowledge base on investment products and stratagies. Later in my career, I decided I neede a career change. It is as simple as that.
The Day in the Cage of Brokerage Firm
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee), Buckhead, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: never a boring day. always on the go.
Cons: hard to take a break.
I work in the cage of a brokerage firm office. The cage is the center of the office. This is where I had to place trade orders, open new accounts, go thru the daily mail, made the daily deposit to the bank, make sure that all the trades were logged in the trade. I also help the Branch Operations Manager with anything that she need done.
Established Bank, Good Experience
Manager (Former Employee), St Petersburg Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: managment would at times give mixed-messages
I learned a lot at Raymond James, branching out from my previous management responsibilities (ex. balancing budget, coordinating assignments with outside department, project managers and HR). The people were very friendly and career driven.
DO NOT WORK IN HR AT RJ
Campus Recruiting (Former Employee), St PeteJanuary 15, 2015
The RJ HR department is a disaster so do not waste your time by applying. The turnover is staggering and employee satisfaction is the worst. Everyone in Tampa/St Pete that works in the HR space knows not to work for RJ. Again, DO NOT waste your time.
Great company
Corporate Action Associate III (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 11, 2015
This is a good company to work for. There is room for growth professionally and educationally.
In-House Advancement
ACH Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Once employed with Raymond James, opportunity for advancement is tripled.
Wonderful
Personal Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Sun City, AZNovember 22, 2014
My experience with Raymond James was a good one. I enjoyed my boss and my coworkers very much and I loved interacting with clients. I was able to manage schoolwork and work easily and there were lots of opportunities to advance.
Great company with great culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 21, 2014
I enjoy working for the company like Raymond James and be part of this successful company. It has a distinct culture with long-term leadership and clear vision to succeed!
Productive work enviroment and great leadership
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2014
Since working for this company, I've been able to expand my knowledge with both the technology realm and how it its applied in a business perspective. with this knowledge I have been able to assist those in Appling and bring forth new technology to be used in the financial sector.
Best Job I've ever had
Executive Portfolio Assistant (Current Employee), Naples, FLNovember 12, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Laid Back, Amazing Manager, Work at my own pace but still able to keep on top of things, Taught me new things.
Safe company but advancement is weak
Technology Analyst - Information Technology (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2014
Cons: benefits, pay
Raymond James is a good company to start at, however, management is not the best. Culture is down in IT and advancement is very weak.
No room for advancement
Registered Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: sr. management, pay, career advancement
Its a good job/career for someone who is only looking for a paycheck. No room for advancement unless you play the favorites games. The benefits are good but the pay is very low compared to similar businesses in the area.
Entry level role with established financial advisor
Associate Planner & Exec. Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: experience with a variety of products and portfolio construction
Cons: pay and work life balance need improvement
This role included associate planner client management responsibilities, as well as sales assistant duties including trading, wholesale meeting, extensive variable annuity prep work and follow up as well as research.
The firm was a long time established Raymond James firm and provided me great entry level experience in a sales assistant and associate planner position.
Great place to work, friendly and family environment
Branch Operations Specialist I (Former Employee), Greenwood, INOctober 8, 2014
Pros: close to home, great work enviroment
Answer multiline telephone, greet guests, add/edit/maintain employee files, order/maintain office supplies, incoming/outgoing mail, faxing, copying, Send out UPS and Fed EX, problem shoot PDA’s, phones, printers and computers, prepare reports, Organization of Work Environment, Peer Support services, Scheduling Meetings, Seminars and Corporate meetings, order catering and maintain building maintenance issues.
Daily life at Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: commission schedule low compared to other firms.
6:30 AM - Arrive and read research
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Meeting with client
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM - Meeting with client
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Phone calls with clients/prospects
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Dinner meeting with client

Taking care of the clients was best part of job. The lack of support was the worst. Each branch at Edward Jones was setup as an Island to run on your own. For the first 3 years as an adviser life can be hard with economics and time with family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more