Raymond James

Productive & good working environment
Friendly staff & caring management
Mature stable work environment
Senior Software Architect (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: stable, good work-life balance
Cons: aversive to utilizing latest technologies
Nicely paced work environment that fosters collaborative teamwork.
agent office convenient to get to, nice FAs and admin staff
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR assistant to MGR (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: met professional, nice fa's and admin ladies.
Cons: inconcistent hours and tasks / direction scattered, untrustworthy
Great HO systems, nice clients, enjoyed admin staff very much, head office helpful and efficient, both FAs professional always. Daily tasks and priorities were subject to change for Mngmt personal tasks which didn't allow for completion of said business obligations/ role. Mgmnt focused elsewhere and outside of business, manipulative so difficult to – more... trust. – less
Wanted stable income
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: tired of 100% commision income
Raymond James Ltd enabled me to grow my knowledge base on investment products and stratagies. Later in my career, I decided I neede a career change. It is as simple as that.
Excellent Company to work for.
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2014
I loved this job and would go back in a heart beat. Unfortunately, after 6 years of service I had reached the highest level attainable with the company and was seeking further career advancement.
Supportive management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Being able to enter the investment industry was something I had long desired and Raymond James made that possible. The management from corporate office to our local office were very supportive and assisted with all aspects of the job.
mostly good people, with a few exceptions
Vice President (Current Employee), Carmel, INSeptember 3, 2014
call on and answer calls from customers. deal with internal company issues. enjoy working with good clients that are open to me. dislike the duplicity of the company.
Work Environment
Securities Ops Admin (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: horrible
I felt that environment was cold and lacked depth. Not my type of work environment.
Great coworkers
IT (Former Employee), St. PeteAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: depends on the department
Hard place to advance and many jobs are being outsourced. The job quality all depends on which department you work for.
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2014
Pros: often treat their employees to lunch
Cons: no cons
Raymond James is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits. Working remotely can at times be difficult with training and reaching out to management.
Comfortable place to work with excellent work life balance
Manager (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: unable to work remotely
This is a company where standard processes and proceedures are lacking however you do have the ability to define your role and flexibility to achieve.
Good company to work for overall.
Supervisor Account Transfers (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good work schedule, no weekends, holidays paid, yearly bonus
Cons: the culture was ungoing extreme changes
I enjoyed my time at Raymond James. It was where I grew up personally and professionally. I would go back to work there any time.
fun place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLAugust 7, 2014
RJ was a great place to work,... unfortunately,.. I moved out of state to be near family and had to leave that position
Difficult Environment to Work In
International Clearance Team Lead (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 3, 2014
Pros: very steady, profitable company
Cons: lack of opportunity to advance without relocating
The company has 3 back office sites located in St. Petersburg, FL, Southfield, MI and Memphis, TN. The organizational structure is set up so managers have direct reports in different sites. This causes a lot of issues within departments. There is a lot of miscommunication and differences in philosophy.
Mediocre investment bank
Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
RJF experience varies between office and industry groups. Good, hands-on experience, but culture and deal-flow are seriously lacking.
The culture is changing
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, nice work environment
Cons: sexism, favoritism, cronyism, low pay
It was a nice place to work at first, but now the culture is changing. If you are not a male, a part of a click, or someone's crony, your opportunities for advancement are very slim. In addition, the pay is very low for other firms in this industry and this size.
Operations
Mutual Funds Operations Liaison (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: low pay
Computer account analysis, interacting with other department members, solving financial issues.
Great company
Middleware Support Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 1, 2014
Fun place to work. Up to date environment. Great management.
Intern/Business Analyst (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site
Great place to work, they have an excellent culture. You can learn alot about finance through their classes they offer.
Great Company
Branch Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: the benefits!! very friendly and wonderful co-workers!
Cons: good work was never appreciated. bad work was always noted.
I truly enjoyed working at Raymond James & Associates, corporate side.
The day started quickly (8:30am) and stayed fairly busy until after the end of the day (5pm).

I learned a great deal about the stock market, and how fragile it truly is. I learned that most people really don't understand why stocks go up and why some companies fail. I also learned – more... how to make a fillable tax form for those running for political office. Very interesting!!

Management, while no one is perfect, was pretty good. Unfortunately, if you're not one of the producing Financial Advisors, you are replaceable, and don't forget it.

The support staff was amazingly helpful and most were very friendly. We had the opportunity to go to lunch at the same time, which gave us time to be ourselves and become friendly with one another.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the Financial Advisors happy while still keeping in compliance. Everyone is different, and you really need to understand how they all work, individually, and with their teams. If your personality didn't match what they liked, they were not friendly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the clients and working with them as well as the other support staff members. It certainly kept you on your toes! I enjoyed interacting with the clients tremendously. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more