Raymond James

Productive & good working environment
Friendly staff & caring management
Mature stable work environment
Senior Software Architect (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: stable, good work-life balance
Cons: aversive to utilizing latest technologies
Nicely paced work environment that fosters collaborative teamwork.
agent office convenient to get to, nice FAs and admin staff
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR assistant to MGR (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: met professional, nice fa's and admin ladies.
Cons: inconcistent hours and tasks / direction scattered, untrustworthy
Great HO systems, nice clients, enjoyed admin staff very much, head office helpful and efficient, both FAs professional always. Daily tasks and priorities were subject to change for Mngmt personal tasks which didn't allow for completion of said business obligations/ role. Mgmnt focused elsewhere and outside of business, manipulative so difficult to – more... trust. – less
Wanted stable income
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: tired of 100% commision income
Raymond James Ltd enabled me to grow my knowledge base on investment products and stratagies. Later in my career, I decided I neede a career change. It is as simple as that.
Good company to work for overall.
Supervisor Account Transfers (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good work schedule, no weekends, holidays paid, yearly bonus
Cons: the culture was ungoing extreme changes
I enjoyed my time at Raymond James. It was where I grew up personally and professionally. I would go back to work there any time.
fun place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLAugust 7, 2014
RJ was a great place to work,... unfortunately,.. I moved out of state to be near family and had to leave that position
Difficult Environment to Work In
International Clearance Team Lead (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 3, 2014
Pros: very steady, profitable company
Cons: lack of opportunity to advance without relocating
The company has 3 back office sites located in St. Petersburg, FL, Southfield, MI and Memphis, TN. The organizational structure is set up so managers have direct reports in different sites. This causes a lot of issues within departments. There is a lot of miscommunication and differences in philosophy.
Mediocre investment bank
Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
RJF experience varies between office and industry groups. Good, hands-on experience, but culture and deal-flow are seriously lacking.
The culture is changing
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, nice work environment
Cons: sexism, favoritism, cronyism, low pay
It was a nice place to work at first, but now the culture is changing. If you are not a male, a part of a click, or someone's crony, your opportunities for advancement are very slim. In addition, the pay is very low for other firms in this industry and this size.
Operations
Mutual Funds Operations Liaison (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: low pay
Computer account analysis, interacting with other department members, solving financial issues.
Great company
Middleware Support Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 1, 2014
Fun place to work. Up to date environment. Great management.
Intern/Business Analyst (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site
Great place to work, they have an excellent culture. You can learn alot about finance through their classes they offer.
Great Company
Branch Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: the benefits!! very friendly and wonderful co-workers!
Cons: good work was never appreciated. bad work was always noted.
I truly enjoyed working at Raymond James & Associates, corporate side.
The day started quickly (8:30am) and stayed fairly busy until after the end of the day (5pm).

I learned a great deal about the stock market, and how fragile it truly is. I learned that most people really don't understand why stocks go up and why some companies fail. I also learned – more... how to make a fillable tax form for those running for political office. Very interesting!!

Management, while no one is perfect, was pretty good. Unfortunately, if you're not one of the producing Financial Advisors, you are replaceable, and don't forget it.

The support staff was amazingly helpful and most were very friendly. We had the opportunity to go to lunch at the same time, which gave us time to be ourselves and become friendly with one another.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the Financial Advisors happy while still keeping in compliance. Everyone is different, and you really need to understand how they all work, individually, and with their teams. If your personality didn't match what they liked, they were not friendly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the clients and working with them as well as the other support staff members. It certainly kept you on your toes! I enjoyed interacting with the clients tremendously. – less
Learned alot about stocks and accounting
Portfolio Account Administrator (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 27, 2014
Very large, well run bank. Successful and treats their employees well.
Fun place to work. Great people to work with and great environment.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - TAX DEPT & BANK (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: great place to work. always doing something for the employees.
Cons: none as i could see
Was an Administrative Assistant and did K-1's, issued checks, did what a CPA does, scanned, answered phone, filed and helped out in Accounting.
nice place to work
Applications Development (Former Employee), Clearwater FloridaMay 15, 2014
Pros: treated same as an employee
A pleasant work atmosphere

learned a little about post trade accounting for NYSE
Interned at Raymond James
Investment Banking Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2014
I was only an intern but seemed like your standard I bank it was Lane Barry when I was there and got bought out by Raymond James
A good opportunity with valuable education and knowledge resources.
IT Asset Management Analyst I (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: company right-sizing, realignments, work moving to different states
One of the things I learned in this position is just how much I don't know about the IT world. Fortunately it is an environment in which everyone shares their knowledge and is willing to offer assistance or support whenever needed. One of the things I enjoyed most about this position was the freedom to get things done in a way that worked best for me. – more... I am fortunate in that the team I work with is a close group, each with different specialties and personalities. When decisions are being made or procedures put in place, the group discussions include every perspective. The hardest part for me right now would be management's shift towards micro-managing employees. – less
High degree of favoritism displayed
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: company has good reputation in the industry
After 43 years in the financial services industry, I was approaching retirement (from this industry) so some of management's decisions toward the brokers (FCs) were tiresome and unnecessary. I felt uncomfortable about several policies.
A professional workplace
Cost Basis Reporting Assistant (Contractor) (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 18, 2014
I enjoyed my seven months with Raymond James Financial, the training is hands-on and thorough and everyone is professional and kind.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more