Raymond James

Raymond James Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Welcome to the Yellow Brick Road of Raymond James!
Mutual Funds Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC, CanadaNovember 3, 2014
Pros: ideal location, comfortable eating area, competitive salary, cozy surroundings and genuine kindness
Cons: work stays at work…how unbelievably stable. once they seek you, they may keep you…forever!
Merge here! Life is a Journey not a Destination: wealth building at it’s finest. Typical day may fly by the seat of your pants. Management loves you and are not afraid to show it. May not look like love but having a hawk’s eye for nuances may help. Don’t fight it, just love them too! Plenty of offers to evolve whether you like it or not. Colleagues – more... are a mixed bag of goodies. So sweet or sour, you may get cavities. Hardest part is learning the info, software and processes. Slowly persist and you may be directed to where you would like to go. Watch out for the lightning quick sense of humour or you may miss it! Dorothy, you are not in Kansas anymore. When you are ready, take a seat, stay, turn up the music, and enjoy the ride...on a road where most folks may not have the opportunity to travel to! – less
General Accountant (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 6, 2014
Productive & good working environment
Friendly staff & caring management
Mature stable work environment
Senior Software Architect (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: stable, good work-life balance
Cons: aversive to utilizing latest technologies
Nicely paced work environment that fosters collaborative teamwork.
agent office convenient to get to, nice FAs and admin staff
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR assistant to MGR (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: met professional, nice fa's and admin ladies.
Cons: inconcistent hours and tasks / direction scattered, untrustworthy
Great HO systems, nice clients, enjoyed admin staff very much, head office helpful and efficient, both FAs professional always. Daily tasks and priorities were subject to change for Mngmt personal tasks which didn't allow for completion of said business obligations/ role. Mgmnt focused elsewhere and outside of business, manipulative so difficult to – more... trust. – less
Wanted stable income
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: tired of 100% commision income
Raymond James Ltd enabled me to grow my knowledge base on investment products and stratagies. Later in my career, I decided I neede a career change. It is as simple as that.
Wonderful
Personal Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Sun City, AZNovember 22, 2014
My experience with Raymond James was a good one. I enjoyed my boss and my coworkers very much and I loved interacting with clients. I was able to manage schoolwork and work easily and there were lots of opportunities to advance.
Great company with great culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 21, 2014
I enjoy working for the company like Raymond James and be part of this successful company. It has a distinct culture with long-term leadership and clear vision to succeed!
Productive work enviroment and great leadership
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2014
Since working for this company, I've been able to expand my knowledge with both the technology realm and how it its applied in a business perspective. with this knowledge I have been able to assist those in Appling and bring forth new technology to be used in the financial sector.
Best Job I've ever had
Executive Portfolio Assistant (Current Employee), Naples, FLNovember 12, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Laid Back, Amazing Manager, Work at my own pace but still able to keep on top of things, Taught me new things.
Safe company but advancement is weak
Technology Analyst - Information Technology (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2014
Cons: benefits, pay
Raymond James is a good company to start at, however, management is not the best. Culture is down in IT and advancement is very weak.
No room for advancement
Registered Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: sr. management, pay, career advancement
Its a good job/career for someone who is only looking for a paycheck. No room for advancement unless you play the favorites games. The benefits are good but the pay is very low compared to similar businesses in the area.
Entry level role with established financial advisor
Associate Planner & Exec. Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: experience with a variety of products and portfolio construction
Cons: pay and work life balance need improvement
This role included associate planner client management responsibilities, as well as sales assistant duties including trading, wholesale meeting, extensive variable annuity prep work and follow up as well as research.
The firm was a long time established Raymond James firm and provided me great entry level experience in a sales assistant and associate – more... planner position. – less
Great place to work, friendly and family environment
Branch Operations Specialist I (Former Employee), Greenwood, INOctober 8, 2014
Pros: close to home, great work enviroment
Answer multiline telephone, greet guests, add/edit/maintain employee files, order/maintain office supplies, incoming/outgoing mail, faxing, copying, Send out UPS and Fed EX, problem shoot PDA’s, phones, printers and computers, prepare reports, Organization of Work Environment, Peer Support services, Scheduling Meetings, Seminars and Corporate meetings, – more... order catering and maintain building maintenance issues. – less
Daily life at Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: commission schedule low compared to other firms.
6:30 AM - Arrive and read research
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Meeting with client
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM - Meeting with client
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Phone calls with clients/prospects
6:00 – more... PM - 7:30 PM - Dinner meeting with client

Taking care of the clients was best part of job. The lack of support was the worst. Each branch at Edward Jones was setup as an Island to run on your own. For the first 3 years as an adviser life can be hard with economics and time with family. – less
Business Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2014
The benefits are good but there is not much room for advancement. RJ is still a good ol boys shop.
Productive and fun place to work
Transfer Associate II/Contractor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day working at Raymond James in Account Transfer department is processing clients transfer request and assisting the Financial Advisor with documents requirements and statuses. I enjoyed with my co-workers, we work as a team always helping each other out when needed.
Excellent Company to work for.
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2014
I loved this job and would go back in a heart beat. Unfortunately, after 6 years of service I had reached the highest level attainable with the company and was seeking further career advancement.
Supportive management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Being able to enter the investment industry was something I had long desired and Raymond James made that possible. The management from corporate office to our local office were very supportive and assisted with all aspects of the job.
mostly good people, with a few exceptions
Vice President (Current Employee), Carmel, INSeptember 3, 2014
call on and answer calls from customers. deal with internal company issues. enjoy working with good clients that are open to me. dislike the duplicity of the company.
Work Environment
Securities Ops Admin (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: horrible
I felt that environment was cold and lacked depth. Not my type of work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more