PRODUCT SUPPORT ANALYST
Job Posting # 13-016
Raymond James Ltd. is currently seeking a Product Support Analyst for our downtown Cathedral Place office. Raymond James Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading full-service independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Under the direction of the Manager, IT Operations, the Product Support Analyst is responsible for supporting 3rd party applications used by IT and/or our business departments. The Product Support Analyst works with the business areas and the vendors to ensure product enhancements and requests are managed and implemented with the appropriate project disciplines. Also responsible for managing small IT or customer projects that are technology focused. The Product Support Analyst may also perform systems analysis with business units to determine current and future systems requirements, opportunities, priorities and solutions.
Specifically you will:
- Liaison with the business units and IT with respect to packaged (3rd party) application software; responsibilities include;
o Assist business units in the development of business requirements and business cases for 3rd party applications;
o Participate in the evaluation of 3rd party products;
o Planning and co-ordination for implementing changes to 3rd party applications with both the business areas and IT; this includes new releases and enhancements;
o Reviews installation, software testing, quality assurance testing, user acceptance testing, data conversion and implementation details associated with packaged (3rd party) application software ensuring conformance to business requirement specifications;
o Contributes to the management of vendor relationships through the appropriate vendor representatives; participates in the creation and negotiation of 3rd party legal agreements;
o Coordination of problem resolution with 3rd party vendors, IT and the business units as appropriate;
- Manage small technology projects and represents IT, as appropriate, in facilities and business led projects and initiatives. This may include development of business requirements and business cases;
- Contributes to the planning and installation of security systems for disaster recovery and backup and recovery;
- Contributes to the monitoring and management of hardware and software supplier relationships;
- Contributes to the management of outsourcing contracts and consulting projects, as appropriate;
- Contributes to the planning and support of research and development efforts for new technologies;
- This position does not provide support for Broadridge/Dataphile;
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in computer science or technology or commensurate qualifications and / or experience;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the Information Technology industry with a minimum of 2 years of increasing responsibility in an analytical role;
- Experience in the financial services or brokerage industry is preferable;
- Excellent planning abilities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- General skills including technical installations, and hardware and software evaluations;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Project management skills;
- Familiarity with change management;
- Comprehension of organizational dynamics.
- Professional in demeanour;
- A team player;
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # by March 29, 2013.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.