Job Posting # 14-019
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a Database Administrator for our downtown Cathedral Place office. Raymond James Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to individual Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Under the direction of the Manager, Servers and Networks, the Database Administrator is accountable for the design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune databases while ensuring high levels of data availability for the Canadian operations of Raymond James Ltd. This individual is also responsible for implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software. This is a customer service oriented position that is focused on delivering outstanding support to clients and users in Raymond James Ltd.
Specifically you will:
1.Database Environment Planning and Management
- Plan and manage capacity of database management system
- Identify opportunities to improve database environment, including new tools, technology, processes, and procedures
- Work closely with RJL Systems Development team to design and implement databases according to defined standards
- Define and maintain database and business intelligence / data warehouse architecture
- Assist with the development of standards and roadmaps
- Enforce standards and procedures
- Lead database administration and analysis
- Lead disaster recovery.
- Install, configure, migrate, and upgrade databases
- Monitor database performance, security, capacity, availability, etc.
- Tune and optimize databases
- Ensure database availability
- Maintain databases, including maintenance plans, backup and recovery, and others
- Administer security.
3.Production Operations and Support
- Provide, as required, critical support on a 24 hours x 7 days / week basis
- Perform patch management
- Manage database availability
- Implement database changes
- SSIS/SSRS management/creation
- Manage problem escalation/resolution
- Provide a superior level of support to customers, including pro-active support
- Prepare, or contribute to the preparation of standards and policies as they relate to hardware and software
- Protect integrity of Production environment
- Provide necessary training and instructions to IT Staff.
- Assist in preparing capacity plans for server growth or change
- Assist business units in technology planning
- Prepare, or contribute to the preparation of plans and installations for server, database and application development
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies and introduce technical solutions that address business and technical issues
- Contribute to the planning of security systems for software, network, storage systems, backup/recovery, and disaster recovery
- Contribute to the IT operational plan for Technology Operations, as facilitated by the Manager, Server and Network Operations.
- Participate as team member/leader on projects involving servers, databases, applications and infrastructure
- Contribute to the development and assignment of project budgets
- Contribute to the planning and installation of computing platforms
- Contribute to systems development project plans by determining server, database and application requirements.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Experience in the financial services or brokerage industry is preferable;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent planning abilities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Extensive experience with Information Technology techniques and methodologies;
- Extensive experience with technology in a client/server environment;
- Expert knowledge of technologies required to support the strategic direction of Raymond James Ltd.;
- Familiarity with change management;
- Comprehension of organizational dynamics.
- Senior level experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008;
- Senior level experience with Transact-SQL;
- Senior level experience with database administration;
- Senior level experience with SSIS.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with DW/BI;
- Experience with CIF, Kimball;
- Experience with Microsoft Foundation Server;
- Familiarity with Network Security.
- Self-starter attributes, motivated and hardworking;
- Professional demeanor;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Customer service oriented;
- Tolerant of ambiguity;
- Business oriented;
- Willing to learn.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # by April 25, 2014.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and financial...