ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL ADVISOR
Job Posting #13- 058
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking an Associate Financial Advisor for our downtown Vancouver office. Raymond James Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading full-service independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
The Andrew Johns team has been recognized as one of the top performing teams within Raymond James Ltd in 2012. Our team focuses on delivering three core value points to our clients: Service, Advice and Performance. We are a professional and dedicated group, who think outside the box and show up to work every day with a positive attitude and drive to grow our business. Our loyalty remains with our clients and this has served us well. We manage over $2 billion in client assets, both institutional and private.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist in managing and growing our Private Client business. The clients we work with expect nothing less than excellence from our group. Dedicated client service, attention to detail and maintaining a polished, professional image that instills confidence in our clients are necessary attributes for success in this role.
The successful candidate will possess most or all of the following:
- An undergraduate degree or higher level of education;
- 2-3 years of work experience as a licensed financial advisor;
- Passion for wealth management and ability to build a book;
- Vibrant personality and professional demeanor;
- Willing and eager to make cold calls;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to articulate oneself clearly;
- Self-starter attributes, motivated and hardworking;
- Positive attitude, complimented by patience and persistence;
- Experience with rejection in sales;
- Close attention to detail;
- Knowledge of registered accounts such as RRSPs, TFSAs, RESPs and RIFS;
- Adaptability to work in a constantly changing and highly demanding environment;
- A team player attitude and the initiative to identify opportunities to streamline processes, boost efficiencies and uncover new opportunities;
- A demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, organize and “think outside the box” is critical;
- A willingness to communicate with team members in an open office environment;
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel, Salesforce, tax knowledge, Dataphile, Thomson;
- Fluency in another language will be an asset;
- Competitive base salary;
- Revenue and profit sharing;
- Full benefits;
- RRSP matching;
- Clothing allowance;
- Catered lunches (every Friday);
- Team trips;
To learn more about the team and Raymond James Ltd., visit www.andrewjohns.ca.
Qualified applicants are requested to send a resume and cover letter to Moon Sun Kim quoting the position, by September 6, 2013.
Additionally, we ask that all candidates contact us at 604.659.8090 to confirm receipt of their application.
Want to get noticed? Follow us on Twitter (@andrewnjohns) and check out our Facebook (AJTeam).