OPERATIONS BUSINESS ANALYST
Job Posting #14-003
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a Business Analyst for the Operations department of our downtown Cathedral Place office. Raymond James Ltd. is one of Canada’s leading full-service independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
The Operations Business Analyst will gain expertise in the business processes of Financial Services Operations, related business applications/systems and industry requirements as well as a functional understanding of the other business units of the organization.
The Business Analyst role is transitional, and following successful completion of a series of training assignments in a variety of functional areas within Operations, may lead to a permanent management posting within 2 years.
As a member of the Operations management team, the Business Analyst will work with all functional areas of the Operations Department to identify and evaluate changes in business strategies, business processes and organization structure. Through research, fact-finding and analysis, the Business Analyst will formulate and implement solutions to strategic and business objectives. Where appropriate, the Business Analyst will work with technology staff and the Project Management Office to plan, develop and implement the recommended solutions.
Reporting directly to the SVP, Operations, the Business Analyst may supervise or direct other members of a project team as required in specific projects.
Specifically you will:
- Assist through facilitation and support, functional areas within the Operations Department to effect improvements to meet department objectives;
- Analyze processes and identify opportunities for improvement or reengineering;
- Model and document complex business processes, requirements and decisions;
- Conduct needs assessments;
- Assist the SVP, Operations during the Annual Project Planning process to identify projects and initiatives;
- Develop business cases, charters, cost-benefit analysis, timelines and deliverables for Operations projects and initiatives;
- Gather specifications and functions/features required in a solution to specific business needs;
- Assist in the definition of project plans (scope, assumptions, resource needs, expected benefits, cost and risk);
- Develop, implement and see through to completion, plans to facilitate, manage and communicate the change process;
- Assist in the development and implementation of user acceptance test plans and test cases; Document test results, and when required, assist in problem resolution;
- Write/produce business process user manuals;
- Where required, develop application and process training;
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- An MBA or CMA designation (preferred, but may consider comparable experience and/or education);
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization;
- Effectively communicate business requirements to project and technology teams;
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and prioritization skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Subject expertise in the Operations function of a national investment dealer or other financial services organization is an asset;
- Proficiency in business process concepts (i.e. work flow diagrams and process mapping techniques);
- Familiarity with a Project Management methodology and systems would be an asset;
- Proficient skills with PC software including MS Office and Outlook;
- A proficiency in French will be an asset.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting #, by February 28, 2014.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.