At Ravine we are blessed with a culinary program that has a lot more to offer then just talented cooks in the kitchen. We are among the few self standing restaurants that bake our own bread, raise our own pigs, and grow our own certified organic vegetables while pairing our meals with the guidance and discriminating palate of a wine maker. Each member of the culinary brigade is expected to submerge themselves in the Farm to Table philosophy of Ravine Vineyard Restaurant. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to hone their culinary skills and develop professional relationships that will last a lifetime while working with an accomplished and celebrated culinary team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take responsibility for your pastry stations
- In the absence of the Pastry Chef, organize service in a smooth and professional manner
- Ensure the consistency and quality of all meals created
- Create spectacular pastry menus and items for the restaurant and private events
- Maintain accountability for culinary brigade
- Assist Pastry Chef with ordering and receiving of ingredients
- Minimum 1-2 year experience in the pastry kitchen in a first class culinary environment
- Excellent technical knowledge of contemporary baking styles and ingredients
- A proven understanding of and sincere interest in developing food and wine pairing knowledge
- Comfortable meeting the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs., standing for long periods of time and navigating stairs.
- Passion for fine dining and for staying abreast of trends in the patisserie profession
- Positive, professional, and open-minded attitude
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment
Indeed - 10 months ago