Raven Industries

Raven Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Team Members
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Good benifits
The opportunities and challenges helped me grow professionally and personally.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing our products change the world for the better.
Raven is unstable and up and down. They lay off to many good people
Training Specialist/Trainer II, March (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 14, 2015
Cons: layoffs and not people orientated.
Not a stable employer. They are investing in the wrong parts of the company and are no longer worried about their employees. They are quick to lay off even though they invest millions in facilities that are not necessary for the success of the company.
Working at Raven Industries is great, learning how to do new jobs is imperative in Electronics Assembly.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2015
Pros: raven acknowledges everybody birthdays and provide free lunch with supervisors for 1hr. lunch.
Cons: health benefits great.
I have experience cross-training on various jobs, especially soldering, and learning how to operate Zierick machine, which apply stake pins into circuits boards great challenge, and learning how to do change-over on machine, when running different boards.
Steady Work
Repair Technician (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: many & affordable benefits
Cons: lots of red tape
Learned how to work with a diverse group of personalities.
Company provided stable environment even through market downturns.
Ok if you're in Sioux Falls
Manufacturing employee (Current Employee), Earth City, MOJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: going out of business
Raven in Sioux Falls is a solid company, our outlying plant did not survive based on market conditions. I've enjoyed my time at Raven and everyone has been good to work with. If you're in the Sioux Falls area check them out.
Quality Assurance Calibration Technician (Current Employee), Earth City, MOJanuary 8, 2015
40 hours per week
Electronic test technician
Calibration technician - Quality Assurance Department
Receiving inspector - Quality Assurance Department
Board level inspection - Quality Assurance Department
Multi-task person.No supervision,
Fun place to work and the job is more technical and very rewarding in a long run. the people were great and the management as well.
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDNovember 25, 2014
Pros: freel lunches
During my work at the industry, i had experienced the best chance in learning many skills when it come to the technical work. this company has and still serving many customers with very good quality products.
facilities/maintenance tech ll
Maintenance Foreman/Facilities Technician (Current Employee), Earth City, MONovember 22, 2014
preventative maintenance
machinery breakdowns
anything facility related
enjoys working with co-workers
pmxpert software record keeping
working with contractors on facility upgrades
installation of machinery
electrical upgrades- powering up machinery
Good Experience
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Earth City, MOOctober 29, 2014
Pros: climate controlled environment, nice work schedule
Cons: remote facility and trying to get things accomplished
Raven is a good place to work. Doesn't matter if your management or a production worker, it is a great atmosphere to work in. I've learned a lot and the most enjoyable part is the freedom I have to do things as long as it's done right, on time, and to the criteria set. The hardest part of the job is being located at a remote facility and not being able to talk with some people face to face to get something accomplished.
Raven Industries
Advanced Operator (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDOctober 20, 2014
Pros: positive employee attitudes, free coffee in break room, overtime
Cons: could be better employee training for new employees
Team work!
Setting up machines for product run, removing rolls with crane/forklift
Enjoyed working with management and crew.
Challenging, enjoyed going to work and working with others.
Horrible!!!!
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MO earth cityJuly 29, 2014
Pros: pay not so bad
Cons: everything else
The worst place ever to work for. The management is terrible they show favoritism so much. They dont care nothing about the employee. I would be very careful in choosing this company.
Rewarding position and learning opportunity
Marketing Assoc.& Trade Show Coordinator (Former Employee), Latrobe, PAJuly 15, 2014
Smaller family owned company. Assistant to the Marketing manager required creating and distributing marketing materials. Planning, scheduling and coordinating Trade shows and other events. Creating packaging for products. Co-workers were great. Management was very good as well. The hardest part of the job was to learn all about toner and the toner industry as well as to create interesting promotional material for this type of market
A reasonable job with reasoable benefits.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Earth City, MOMarch 19, 2014
I do like the fact that you are required to test for basic electronic and inspecting of circuit boards. You are also required to take a state certified solder test before starting work. The overall work enviornment is not very pleasant and there is definitely favoritism going on by the supervision.
Film Division
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: management and fast paced
Cons: long work days, work weekends.
Lead Operator of Tarp Machine. Oversee line of employees to ensure quality. Process reports of production and data entry into AS400, take samples to quailty to pass insection.
Great companies to work for
Electrical Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Earth City, MOOctober 28, 2013
Cons: pay seems low for the industries
Loved electronics assembly the most. Wish the companies didn't always have to go through temp services and would hire direct. Easy to get along with others and great supervisors to work for.
Lack of value built into employees
PC Cell Lead (Current Employee), Earth City MoOctober 4, 2013
Pros: work hours
Cons: morals, values of management
Typically I am overworked on a daily basis and am not felt that my work is valued at all from the upper management. I am always told to do better, that I can do better.
Flexiable Company
Field Technician (Current Employee), South TexasSeptember 19, 2013
I have learned a tremendous amount about the Oil and Gas industry and have really enjoyed being contracted by Chevron.
Returned to School
Process, Safety, Training Specialist (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDAugust 22, 2013
Enjoyed working with co-workers.
Management allowed flexibility.
Created Division Training program
No advancement with the job
Fun and Friendly environment to work in.
Receiver/Inspector (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 11, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Raven Ind. We usually kept busy all day and our whole department worked well together.
Good work enviorment for all employees
VP/GM Films Division (Former Employee), Sioux Falls SDJune 9, 2013
Do what it takes to get the job done. On most exit interviews the number one thing people liked about the company was the friendships that was made in the organization.