Position for hire: Graphic Design Intern
Location: Davisville / Midtown, Toronto, ON
Duration: May – August 2013
Salary: Experience / Co-op Credit plus Honorarium
ABOUT THE POSITION
The future of new media and graphic design is online. This summer, join a company that is expertly navigating today’s visual media and making a mark in the Canadian technology industry.
We are looking for a graphic design intern to work under our Creative Director and execute a series of projects ranging from web pages to social media promotions, infographics and branded marketing collateral.
You will work with a small, talented group of individuals who have advanced expertise in the different areas of an online company (marketing, strategy, editorial, design, development and more). You will also get the chance to collaborate with our industry and media partners, and have your work presented to a wide-ranging audience.
RateHub.ca connects Canadians to the best mortgage rates. Launched in 2010, RateHub.ca is a mortgage rate comparison website with more than 300,000 monthly users, partners among Canada’s leading media companies (Toronto Star, Yahoo! and more) and a talented team of tech and mortgage experts. Our focus on original, user-centric content and product and design innovation continues to earn us the trust of our users and the mortgage industry.
Ratehub.ca offers a friendly, innovative and collaborative work environment in midtown Toronto. Our talented team drives our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE NEED?
- You have an exceptional portfolio demonstrating modern and user-friendly design
- You possess excellent communication skills, work ethic and attention to detail
- You have a passion for startups, technology platforms, UX and visual design
- You are an expert user of Adobe Creative Suite
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines
- Experience with designing for web is an asset
- You keep up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices
- Most of all, you have a positive attitude and a desire to help others!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume, cover letter and at least two design samples