RAPS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Terrible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
I worked for RAPS a few years and Muriel was the worst individual I've ever met. She favoured her own daughters and treated every other employee with zero respect. Her daughters would leave to get their hair done in the middle of the day and she would even let me use my accrued vacation time. She made the work environment unbearable that I ended up quiting after only a few months. The saddest part is that I really enjoyed the work, it was very rewarding.
Love my client, I enjoy bringing joy to he and his wife
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Morinville, AB17 November 2015
I typically work one hour in the evening, and an hour and a half in the mornings on the weekend. After his evening Range of Motion exercises, I help my client get ready for bed by brushing his teeth, washing his hands and face, emptying his catheter bag, and using the track lift to put him to bed. I usually work 2 to 3 evenings per week. On the weekends, we do his leg exercises, then I use the track lift to put my client into his commode as per his bowel routine, brush his teeth, wash his hands and face, and make his breakfast. I also make his bed and prepare his breathing machine.
Pros
being able to work with such lovely people
Cons
too few hours as they already have a full-time helper during the week
Flexible shifts
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2014
a typical day at work is getting my client prepared for the day, such as washing the clients face, brushing teeth providing daily medication and breakfast made. hardest part of the job is getting the client perfectly into her wheelchair to her comfort. most enjoyable part is going shopping an enjoying the day out.
Interesting type of job to learn more how to care for an elderly...
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2013
A typical day at work is when the patient is ill, you need to be more patience and understanding, and give the best for the comfort and extra care. The hardest part of job is that you could almost feel how they suffer if the pain strike. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they make a litle trick, they can make you laugh sometimes, and I enjoyed listening about the story of their past.
rewarding
Residential Aide Placement Services (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 July 2012
I loved working for them, they are very supportive and so easy to talk too. They help you find what works for you and always willing to listen

Want to know more about RAPS?

Ask a question