Rangeland Drilling Automation is a highly successful designer and manufacturer of leading edge well service equipment. We are a dynamic, fast growing company in search of qualified people to join our team. As a member of the Rangeland organization, where innovation and ingenuity are standard, your knowledge and expertise would be a welcome addition to our team. We currently have the following position open:
Electrical Engineer/Electrical Technologist
The Electrical Engineer designs, develops, and improves new and existing products using sound engineering principles. He/she provides technical support to the electrical shop, testing, and electrical manufacturing. He/she also supports the field service department in troubleshooting well service rig electrical control system problems. He/she creates bills of materials and assembly instructions.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Performs development engineering, for both new and existing products
- Take project from concept to completion
- Interface with other departments, engineers, vendors during all phases of project to ensure good working interface
- Develop and Apply electrical standards to new and existing products
- Design, develop, and review control architecture, PLC panels and control wiring diagrams
- Maintains product safety in all designs
- Participates in company safety meetings and safety awareness
- Performs design prototyping, including field implementation and testing
- Provides technical support to other departments and field service personnel
- Ensure that the deliverables provided to the project are technically accurate, within scope, budget and schedule, suitable for the intended purpose and in compliance with quality procedures and project plans.
- Follows required regulatory codes such as CSA, UL, ATEX, IEC
- Performs engineering calculations as required
- Prepare all electrical schematics, BOM’s, panel layouts, and system drawings.
- Prepares and reviews electrical product documentation
- Work as part of the Engineering team to design cutting edge automated well service equipment
- Other duties maybe assigned.
- Knowledge of Electrical control systems and hazardous area classification principles as it relates to manufacturing and field operation.
- Willingness to work in a variety of environments, office, shop, and in field
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong knowledge of corporate policies and procedures; coupled with ability to identify required improvement, establish policies, communicate and implement these procedures.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 5+ years of related design experience in the oil field controls industry
- PLC programing is an asset
- Autocad experience is an asset
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and prioritize the workload
Rangeland Drilling Automation offers a competitive wage and benefits program in conjunction with a friendly and dynamic work environment. If you are enthusiastic and take pride in your workmanship…you belong on the Rangeland team!
Qualified applicants interested in joining our team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for these positions, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment.
Indeed - 6 months ago