Randstad

Randstad Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

production worker
General Laborer at Mitten Vinyl (Former Employee), brantfordNovember 15, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: heavy work
very hot and heavy work I worked at mitten making vinyl siding loading and unloading trucks but hand with heavy boxes.
Provide decent jobs at decent pay.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Randstad staffing are better than many of the temp agencies out there.
Great opportunity to be a helping hand in resourcing
Consultant Accounting/Finance division (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2012
Pros: helped to build networks in the jobmarket and place employees
Cons: bilingualism in french and english market was a challenge in corparate environments
In this role I was responsible for business development activites for recruiting in the finance and accounting divisions of major corporations. I recruited, completed contracts, employee payroll completion, and posted opportunities to interview new candidates in for the opportunities available.
Rewarding environment and nice people to deal with
Systems Analyst Level 2 (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2012
I was a temp employee and the most enjoyable part was the fact that I have met nice people to deal with.
An agency that can help find work in your industry of choice.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONOctober 30, 2012
I enjoy working for Randstad. The people are helpful and considerate.
The jobs that are offered to you are very impressive.
Receptionist/Office Clerk (Former Employee), Montreal, QCSeptember 25, 2012
Hard working management team. Always looking to satisfy the employee.
randstad
Office Support Clerk (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 20, 2012
was a good company wish i could have stay there but did have room/ the office i was out of was only labour they didnt do office jobs
was a contract position that I enjoyed very much
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Managed employees and the daily shipments to got to customers.
Variety of places to work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Excellent different companies to work for
Helpful co-workers
Learning different computer systems
Great place to work and start a career in the staffing industry
Account Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 9, 2012
If your willing to put in the time and effort to build a strong book of business in the staffing industry, this would be a company I would recommend. Its a hard industry but it can be very rewarding. The management is very helpful
good to work for just wish it wasnt temp work
CNC machine operator (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: learning more about cnc
Cons: lond drive and little pay
work at very low rate for a job that paid a lot more and wasnt a long . could live off a temp postion
Always learning
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 29, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: relying on others to do their job.
Pre-screening, interviewing, referencing and background checks of qualified candidates
Randstad
Recruitment Administrator Intern (Current Employee), 85 bloor street eastJune 25, 2012
Fast paced working environment, I learnt how to source and screen candidates and also do face to face interviews. Open communication to managers all the times, friendly and helpful coworkers!
Good People
Temporary Agencies (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2012
Pros: nice and polite people
Cons: wish for more comminication
Good people and working environment. This company is a temporary agency and have good contact with some pretty good companies. Hardest part of this job is trying to get more work.
Don't be fooled.
Warehouse Technician, Office (Former Employee), randstad pointe claireMay 16, 2012
Pros: pro cons..
Cons: the employees
Ranstad is known for their fake high wage job postings, they advertise postings with Higher Pay Rates, and then they end up offering you a lower wage position not advertised, you will end up with 2 different agents handling your account, and inform you, while we wait for this "Higher wage" position to become available, we current have this opening, – more... yes pay is less, but as soon as the other one opens up, you'll be eligible.

They will waste your time, I told them on the phone, I was interested in the posting as advertised, and emailed my resume prior to going in, they said, yes this position is still very much available, come in and we will set it up, but sure enough they waste your time and gas, by offering a lower wage position once your there in person.

Ref: randstad pointe claire – less

July 19, 2012

I work for a staffing company and you ae so wrong on this, first of all agencies have many jobs and many posting at many various wages! It's in an agencies best interest to pay more but they are often restricted by the client. Some agencies operate this way, the one that you mentioned is one of the most ethical firms out there. They only work with companies that pay market rates or better! I know this for sure. You may not have the skill set to qualify for higher paying roles and are a little bitter, instead of blogging misleading column, upgrade your skills and you will find a better job. Sorry just the truth.

October 22, 2012

Your correct most agencies will advertise for position which is open for higher rate, if persons not suited for specific position they will be offered another role for low rate. Technically speaking agency wins the other person loses out to gain a higher wage. The person which commented about this person upgrading their skill set, clearly you work for Randstead doing damage control moderating the comments on this site. Everyone which reads this post remeber everything comes down to money this is typically take advantage.

IT Recruier-Intern
Human Resource-IT Recruiter (Intern) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Manage the external recruitment process for a designated region and/or assigned client groups, mainly for professional and high volume areas, in order to secure qualified personnel for the required client/organization. Bring rigor and critical oversight to the recruitment function, supporting hiring managers and HR business partners in candidate attraction – more... and assessment. Identify and implement strategic recruiting channels and methods.

Develop cost effective, efficient and innovative solutions to meet staffing needs. Maximize the efficiency and timeliness of recruitment processes while demonstrating the highest level of quality and integrity to potential hires. Develop a thorough understanding of the market sector and ensure Trader's competitiveness in recruiting.

Partnering with hiring managers on recruitment best practices including sourcing, pipelining candidates for key roles, interview techniques, proper documentation, and other assessment tools as required. Manage interactions with external vendor partnering with Trader in recruitment efforts.

Implement and maintain the applicant tracking system, (Taleo) including the development and maintenance of recruitment statistics, analysis, and other reporting as required with a proven ability perform data analysis, identify trends and make appropriate recommendation to correct/improve performance.

Working as part of a Human Resources team, participate in a wide variety of projects, programs and initiatives as assigned by the Manager - Talent Acquisition.
Specialties
• Interviewing
• Business Development
• Networking
• Negotiation Skills
Excellent Communication skills and grammar accuracy, hard worker and fast learner, Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other basic computer skills, customer service, WHIMS safety procedures, presentations and seminars, managing people, organizing tasks – less
Goes to bat for you
Temp (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2012
Pros: diversity
Cons: little job security
As a temp agency, they work tirelessly for you. If makes a person want to do their best at whatever they do. In terms of work/life balance, you're able to pick and choose so as to be able to live your life the way you want to. Every time you're placed, you meet great people, learn new skills and move forward. The opportunities they create are hard to – more... find anywhere else. – less
Better when they were Spherion
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 1, 2012
Cons: barely any call backs, no call backs at all, limited jobs
I left for 2 months, came back since I could use their service any time when they were Spherion... Boom! Finding out the news that they have been taken over by Ranstad, barely any call backs when I give them my availability so it's much more harder and more competitive to get a job in my field. Now I'm stuck making fries to find a better job to pass – more... the time - isn't that great? At least with Spherion the person who looked after my assignments was still there and it felt like a friendly environment, unlike Ranstad now - you just feel like another number. What bout the recent graduates? Where do they end up now? Most of what Ranstad is looking for are people with cars, 1 - 2 years+ experience, etc. The point that I'm getting at is some people don't have cars because they're saving up, some people who doesn't have that experience aren't that lucky with Ranstad any more since the job market is tight and they've expanded hence is why it's all limited now. If there are any placement agencies in Winnipeg that would kindly take the new college graduates right away that would be great. – less

May 4, 2012

You said here exactly the way I think about it. Thanks

July 19, 2012

Randstads standards and screening process Is far superior to Spherion! It's a fact. This is why you may not make the grade this time around. Sorry bud.

Good experience
General Labourer (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 29, 2012
Clients of Randstad had machines that constantly broke hence lay-off was constant.
very positive
Financial Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2012
this agency helped secure two positions during my entire stay in Calgary

About Randstad

Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second – Read more