Randstad
2,374 reviews

Randstad Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't be fooled.
Warehouse Technician, Office (Former Employee), randstad pointe claireMay 16, 2012
Pros: pro cons..
Cons: the employees
Ranstad is known for their fake high wage job postings, they advertise postings with Higher Pay Rates, and then they end up offering you a lower wage position not advertised, you will end up with 2 different agents handling your account, and inform you, while we wait for this "Higher wage" position to become available, we current have this opening, – more... yes pay is less, but as soon as the other one opens up, you'll be eligible.

They will waste your time, I told them on the phone, I was interested in the posting as advertised, and emailed my resume prior to going in, they said, yes this position is still very much available, come in and we will set it up, but sure enough they waste your time and gas, by offering a lower wage position once your there in person.

Ref: randstad pointe claire – less

– July 19, 2012

I work for a staffing company and you ae so wrong on this, first of all agencies have many jobs and many posting at many various wages! It's in an agencies best interest to pay more but they are often restricted by the client. Some agencies operate this way, the one that you mentioned is one of the most ethical firms out there. They only work with companies that pay market rates or better! I know this for sure. You may not have the skill set to qualify for higher paying roles and are a little bitter, instead of blogging misleading column, upgrade your skills and you will find a better job. Sorry just the truth.

Dawson – October 22, 2012

Your correct most agencies will advertise for position which is open for higher rate, if persons not suited for specific position they will be offered another role for low rate. Technically speaking agency wins the other person loses out to gain a higher wage. The person which commented about this person upgrading their skill set, clearly you work for Randstead doing damage control moderating the comments on this site. Everyone which reads this post remeber everything comes down to money this is typically take advantage.

IT Recruier-Intern
Human Resource-IT Recruiter (Intern) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Manage the external recruitment process for a designated region and/or assigned client groups, mainly for professional and high volume areas, in order to secure qualified personnel for the required client/organization. Bring rigor and critical oversight to the recruitment function, supporting hiring managers and HR business partners in candidate attraction – more... and assessment. Identify and implement strategic recruiting channels and methods.

Develop cost effective, efficient and innovative solutions to meet staffing needs. Maximize the efficiency and timeliness of recruitment processes while demonstrating the highest level of quality and integrity to potential hires. Develop a thorough understanding of the market sector and ensure Trader's competitiveness in recruiting.

Partnering with hiring managers on recruitment best practices including sourcing, pipelining candidates for key roles, interview techniques, proper documentation, and other assessment tools as required. Manage interactions with external vendor partnering with Trader in recruitment efforts.

Implement and maintain the applicant tracking system, (Taleo) including the development and maintenance of recruitment statistics, analysis, and other reporting as required with a proven ability perform data analysis, identify trends and make appropriate recommendation to correct/improve performance.

Working as part of a Human Resources team, participate in a wide variety of projects, programs and initiatives as assigned by the Manager - Talent Acquisition.
Specialties
• Interviewing
• Business Development
• Networking
• Negotiation Skills
Excellent Communication skills and grammar accuracy, hard worker and fast learner, Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other basic computer skills, customer service, WHIMS safety procedures, presentations and seminars, managing people, organizing tasks – less
Goes to bat for you
Temp (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2012
Pros: diversity
Cons: little job security
As a temp agency, they work tirelessly for you. If makes a person want to do their best at whatever they do. In terms of work/life balance, you're able to pick and choose so as to be able to live your life the way you want to. Every time you're placed, you meet great people, learn new skills and move forward. The opportunities they create are hard to – more... find anywhere else. – less
Better when they were Spherion
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 1, 2012
Cons: barely any call backs, no call backs at all, limited jobs
I left for 2 months, came back since I could use their service any time when they were Spherion... Boom! Finding out the news that they have been taken over by Ranstad, barely any call backs when I give them my availability so it's much more harder and more competitive to get a job in my field. Now I'm stuck making fries to find a better job to pass – more... the time - isn't that great? At least with Spherion the person who looked after my assignments was still there and it felt like a friendly environment, unlike Ranstad now - you just feel like another number. What bout the recent graduates? Where do they end up now? Most of what Ranstad is looking for are people with cars, 1 - 2 years+ experience, etc. The point that I'm getting at is some people don't have cars because they're saving up, some people who doesn't have that experience aren't that lucky with Ranstad any more since the job market is tight and they've expanded hence is why it's all limited now. If there are any placement agencies in Winnipeg that would kindly take the new college graduates right away that would be great. – less

DeniseC – May 4, 2012

You said here exactly the way I think about it. Thanks

– July 19, 2012

Randstads standards and screening process Is far superior to Spherion! It's a fact. This is why you may not make the grade this time around. Sorry bud.

Good experience
General Labourer (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 29, 2012
Clients of Randstad had machines that constantly broke hence lay-off was constant.
very positive
Financial Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2012
this agency helped secure two positions during my entire stay in Calgary
Horrible
HR and Recruitment Intern (Former Employee), OntarioApril 5, 2012
Pros: the office was in a vibrant neighbourhood
Cons: everything
Although, I was an intern at Randstad, this place was terrible! First off, the job description that the company advertises the internship with is completely MISLEADING. You don't do anything that it says except for basically working your behind off to find candidates for jobs. The staff is not friendly. They don't talk to you and wont approach you unless – more... they want you to do something for them. In some teams, they make you work as if you're actually making money but you're not! They want you to treat the internship like a real job but they treat you like dirt and wont acknowledge any of your achievements or placements. In a nutshell, I was there for almost 3 months and all I did (day in and day out) was search for people to fill jobs and did 3 reference checks. THAT IS ALL! I would've left after 2 weeks but thought it would get better but didn't, so I just stayed to write it on my resume. I would not recommend Randstad for an internship or as a place of employment to anyone. All the other interns I worked with felt the exact same way. NEVER AGAIN! – less
Fun work environment
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Big company, a lot of employees, never micro managed.
But you are only a number and not a person.
confused & flakey
employment talent (Former Employee), Middleburg Hts., OHJuly 11, 2014
Pros: agency found me an appropriate job
Cons: confusion @ agency/can't be sure about staff
Got a good job assignment through Randstad. However, Randstad didn't connect me w/its on line timesheet/payment company, dotStaff, for weeks, & then dotStaff redesigned its website, & I couldn't enter a timesheet for payment for weeks. Affected coworkers, too. I am still owed $ for a 4 month assignment. Randstad's employees come & go, so you can't be – more... sure that your emails about jobs are received. Randstad told unemployment that I hadn't informed them about my availability for work once they ended my assignment. I had sent numerous emails thanking them for finding me an appropriate job. This caused a problem between me & my remaining unemployment benefits before the Randstad assignment. That's finally OK. It's like the company isn't proactive & only reactive to problems sometimes. I don't even know if I'm still on their roster as a potential candidate for future assignments or not since there is still this open issue about payment w/Randstad stating that they have no responsibility for my reimbursement. – less
Good company that helps find you a great job
Desktop Support Agent (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2014
They are an excellent company to work for. Great positions great benefits, ect
Overnight, but very productive job overall
Picker (Current Employee), PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: tight security, 2 free 15 minute breaks
Cons: short lunch period
A typical day at work can be very over whelming at times but mange to get through the day with a good mind set. My co-workers where very friendly, everybody talked as like we are family. The hardest part of the job is getting mandatory overtime, and also working in splits. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the job done successfully, and – more... reaching the goal for the day. – less
fun place to work
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: incentived
Cons: short brakes
learned to be patient with people over the phone and I also liked the schedule.
Friendly, easy going, yet fast paced production environment.
Line filler (Former Employee), Grove City, OHJuly 10, 2014
Pros: heated facility
Cons: small fridge
Everyone there was really nice, and there were free buffets every once in a while. Fun, fast paced, and we got to wear headphones while we worked.
Great company to work for
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits and good management
Cons: temporary position
Ranstad got me the opportunity to work for Cigna Healthcare as an Accounting Assistant. My superior was wonderful to work for as well as my co-workers. There was an abundant amount of data entry as well as reconciliation of funds received from the emergency healthcare centers. I learned this to be very informative in working for big business vereses – more... small business. This was a temporary position. – less
productive work place
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, alot of overtime
productive and very fun work place everyone is very friendly all the supervisors are very nice.
I enjoyed the flexibility with this company and found a permanent position fairly quick.
Billing Assistant/Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility and choice with where i felt comfortable or not. no pressure to commit.
Cons: long term temp to perm assignments.
I went on a few temporary assignments before becoming permanent at my last firm; where i stayed for 10 years. This company was very productive in finding the right fit for me. I loved the flexibility and communication the most working through them. The staff has always been very friendly, supportive and pleasant; making it very easy to feel like part – more... of a team. The toughest part of working for this comapny was the wait time to become permanent. Otherwise, my overall experience as a temp was very pleasant. – less
Temp Work
Vanguard - Client Relationship Representative (Former Employee), malvern paJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches great people
Cons: location wish assignment was closer to the city
This was a great opportunity to build experience with one of the top companies in the area.
good temp service
Records Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2014
Found me a good job with good pay, I would use them again in the future.
You will never make any money with them
Material Handler (Former Employee), Trenton, MIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: horrible pay
I was promised 12 hours a day 7 days a week and there were some weeks I didn't even get 40 hours. They promise that because they start you out at $8.50 an hour so you think you will be able to make it with all the overtime but then you go there and there is no overtime.
Hard job!
Unracker (Former Employee), Greeneville, TNJuly 8, 2014
It's very rough on your body and rough on your family. I worked 5-6 days a week, 12 hours a day! Very, very hard to deal with having a young child at home.

About Randstad

Randstad Holding N.V. is a worldwide temporary employment company specializing in flexible work and human resources (HR) services, – Read more