Randstad
2,522 reviews

Randstad Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Variety of places to work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Excellent different companies to work for
Helpful co-workers
Learning different computer systems
Great place to work and start a career in the staffing industry
Account Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 9, 2012
If your willing to put in the time and effort to build a strong book of business in the staffing industry, this would be a company I would recommend. Its a hard industry but it can be very rewarding. The management is very helpful
good to work for just wish it wasnt temp work
CNC machine operator (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: learning more about cnc
Cons: lond drive and little pay
work at very low rate for a job that paid a lot more and wasnt a long . could live off a temp postion
Always learning
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 29, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: relying on others to do their job.
Pre-screening, interviewing, referencing and background checks of qualified candidates
Randstad
Recruitment Administrator Intern (Current Employee), 85 bloor street eastJune 25, 2012
Fast paced working environment, I learnt how to source and screen candidates and also do face to face interviews. Open communication to managers all the times, friendly and helpful coworkers!
Good People
Temporary Agencies (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2012
Pros: nice and polite people
Cons: wish for more comminication
Good people and working environment. This company is a temporary agency and have good contact with some pretty good companies. Hardest part of this job is trying to get more work.
Don't be fooled.
Warehouse Technician, Office (Former Employee), randstad pointe claireMay 16, 2012
Pros: pro cons..
Cons: the employees
Ranstad is known for their fake high wage job postings, they advertise postings with Higher Pay Rates, and then they end up offering you a lower wage position not advertised, you will end up with 2 different agents handling your account, and inform you, while we wait for this "Higher wage" position to become available, we current have this opening, – more... yes pay is less, but as soon as the other one opens up, you'll be eligible.

They will waste your time, I told them on the phone, I was interested in the posting as advertised, and emailed my resume prior to going in, they said, yes this position is still very much available, come in and we will set it up, but sure enough they waste your time and gas, by offering a lower wage position once your there in person.

Ref: randstad pointe claire – less

July 19, 2012

I work for a staffing company and you ae so wrong on this, first of all agencies have many jobs and many posting at many various wages! It's in an agencies best interest to pay more but they are often restricted by the client. Some agencies operate this way, the one that you mentioned is one of the most ethical firms out there. They only work with companies that pay market rates or better! I know this for sure. You may not have the skill set to qualify for higher paying roles and are a little bitter, instead of blogging misleading column, upgrade your skills and you will find a better job. Sorry just the truth.

October 22, 2012

Your correct most agencies will advertise for position which is open for higher rate, if persons not suited for specific position they will be offered another role for low rate. Technically speaking agency wins the other person loses out to gain a higher wage. The person which commented about this person upgrading their skill set, clearly you work for Randstead doing damage control moderating the comments on this site. Everyone which reads this post remeber everything comes down to money this is typically take advantage.

IT Recruier-Intern
Human Resource-IT Recruiter (Intern) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Manage the external recruitment process for a designated region and/or assigned client groups, mainly for professional and high volume areas, in order to secure qualified personnel for the required client/organization. Bring rigor and critical oversight to the recruitment function, supporting hiring managers and HR business partners in candidate attraction – more... and assessment. Identify and implement strategic recruiting channels and methods.

Develop cost effective, efficient and innovative solutions to meet staffing needs. Maximize the efficiency and timeliness of recruitment processes while demonstrating the highest level of quality and integrity to potential hires. Develop a thorough understanding of the market sector and ensure Trader's competitiveness in recruiting.

Partnering with hiring managers on recruitment best practices including sourcing, pipelining candidates for key roles, interview techniques, proper documentation, and other assessment tools as required. Manage interactions with external vendor partnering with Trader in recruitment efforts.

Implement and maintain the applicant tracking system, (Taleo) including the development and maintenance of recruitment statistics, analysis, and other reporting as required with a proven ability perform data analysis, identify trends and make appropriate recommendation to correct/improve performance.

Working as part of a Human Resources team, participate in a wide variety of projects, programs and initiatives as assigned by the Manager - Talent Acquisition.
Specialties
• Interviewing
• Business Development
• Networking
• Negotiation Skills
Excellent Communication skills and grammar accuracy, hard worker and fast learner, Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other basic computer skills, customer service, WHIMS safety procedures, presentations and seminars, managing people, organizing tasks – less
Goes to bat for you
Temp (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2012
Pros: diversity
Cons: little job security
As a temp agency, they work tirelessly for you. If makes a person want to do their best at whatever they do. In terms of work/life balance, you're able to pick and choose so as to be able to live your life the way you want to. Every time you're placed, you meet great people, learn new skills and move forward. The opportunities they create are hard to – more... find anywhere else. – less
Better when they were Spherion
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 1, 2012
Cons: barely any call backs, no call backs at all, limited jobs
I left for 2 months, came back since I could use their service any time when they were Spherion... Boom! Finding out the news that they have been taken over by Ranstad, barely any call backs when I give them my availability so it's much more harder and more competitive to get a job in my field. Now I'm stuck making fries to find a better job to pass – more... the time - isn't that great? At least with Spherion the person who looked after my assignments was still there and it felt like a friendly environment, unlike Ranstad now - you just feel like another number. What bout the recent graduates? Where do they end up now? Most of what Ranstad is looking for are people with cars, 1 - 2 years+ experience, etc. The point that I'm getting at is some people don't have cars because they're saving up, some people who doesn't have that experience aren't that lucky with Ranstad any more since the job market is tight and they've expanded hence is why it's all limited now. If there are any placement agencies in Winnipeg that would kindly take the new college graduates right away that would be great. – less

May 4, 2012

You said here exactly the way I think about it. Thanks

July 19, 2012

Randstads standards and screening process Is far superior to Spherion! It's a fact. This is why you may not make the grade this time around. Sorry bud.

Good experience
General Labourer (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 29, 2012
Clients of Randstad had machines that constantly broke hence lay-off was constant.
very positive
Financial Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2012
this agency helped secure two positions during my entire stay in Calgary
Horrible
HR and Recruitment Intern (Former Employee), OntarioApril 5, 2012
Pros: the office was in a vibrant neighbourhood
Cons: everything
Although, I was an intern at Randstad, this place was terrible! First off, the job description that the company advertises the internship with is completely MISLEADING. You don't do anything that it says except for basically working your behind off to find candidates for jobs. The staff is not friendly. They don't talk to you and wont approach you unless – more... they want you to do something for them. In some teams, they make you work as if you're actually making money but you're not! They want you to treat the internship like a real job but they treat you like dirt and wont acknowledge any of your achievements or placements. In a nutshell, I was there for almost 3 months and all I did (day in and day out) was search for people to fill jobs and did 3 reference checks. THAT IS ALL! I would've left after 2 weeks but thought it would get better but didn't, so I just stayed to write it on my resume. I would not recommend Randstad for an internship or as a place of employment to anyone. All the other interns I worked with felt the exact same way. NEVER AGAIN! – less
Fun work environment
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Big company, a lot of employees, never micro managed.
But you are only a number and not a person.
Great corporate culture
Account Manager Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2012
Really great company, with friendly employees who are all open and willing to help you progress.
Another "Job Agency" Interested in Increasing Clientele Inventory List...
Office Administration (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioFebruary 4, 2012
Pros: nothing...
Cons: too many to list...
I have two (2) Post-Secondary degrees and yet this unprofessional, inexperienced staff couldn't find me applicable employment. They sent me on two (2) interviews only because I stressed the issue and then didn't bother to provide any feedback to help me improve my interview skills. As the title says, they will register you to increase their inventory – more... of clientele but will not assist you in any way afterwards. Disgusting. – less

March 26, 2012

It's one of those agencies that does what I call "fishing": they're just trying to increase their "pool" of candidates. They're not really serious about working with you. I know an agency is not necessarily there to get ME a job - it's to fill a client's order. But it's a real waste of time for me when an agency calls me, and I clearly figure out they don't have anything I could really do. They're just trying to make me one of their "swimmers."

same as the rest, they should vet their own office staff.
welder (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioJanuary 17, 2012
Pros: zero
Cons: i have a pretty good resume, and yet they can"t seem to place me.
Much like the rest of the Job Pimps...take names and then outta sight..outta mind.

February 3, 2012

I truely agree, I have been registred with Randstad since 2008 and they have never placed me with a job, put in my filed that i;ve been calling in to different location and still they refuse to give me a job.

In my experience....
Document Control / Project Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2012
Cons: late payroll, 15% tax for work executed in alberta
When I started working for Randstad - the pay schedule was weekly. However, I failed to get paid for the first three weeks that I worked for them due to a lag in getting my contract into their payroll system. Out of the 16 weeks I worked there, I was paid late 6 weeks (40% of the time) - due to approval time periods and no coordination or followup with – more... their own client. I ended up having to quit because I failed to be paid during x-mas, no one was there to deal with it and my company bankrupted. I would never place my reputation on the line by recommending this company to anyone. – less
Productive Days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2014
Worked as an Administrative Assistant.
Able to balance motherhood, school, and work.
Enjoyed learning new skills that I was able to apply to other positions.
Co-workers were pleasant and easy to get along with.
Tempning in various companies
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), BasingstokeAugust 27, 2014
Pros: varied work and experiences
Cons: not knowing how long you were going to be anywhere.
I enjoyed temping for a while whilst looking for permanent work. I did varied jobs from HR support, Administration for maternity cover at the local college, data input and meetand greet for a local car company.

About Randstad

Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second – Read more