Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

Constantly available contracts each with something new to offer.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 6, 2014
Everyday was different seeing as how in 7 months I had worked at several different locations which assured me that I could not even get the slightest opportunity to become bored or feel that the jobs were too repetitive. I learned a little something from every different location, mainly in the "people" department seeing as how I had to be working with new methods of work and personalities with each time I was placed a in a new location. For this reason, there were many different pros and cons depending on where I worked and who I would be working with which in a way, was the hardest but also the most enjoyable part of being employed by Randstad.
Pros
instant employment
Cons
at times, work was not available
material hanler
1 Material handler (Former Employee) –  guelph ontarioMarch 23, 2014
fast paced and very dependable
enjoy making new friends
sometimes it can be hectic at times but all in all sometimes a lazy day lol
summers are more relaxing for the health and safety of their employees ,
friendly coworkers fun to joke and have fun on the job to make the time pass more quickly
the hardest part of the job is making your quota when the machines break down ,
i learned that when you work as a team player in the company things get done faster and better . there is no I in teamwork
management do try and keep things on the ball i give them 2 thumbs up
Pros
free cool down time during the summers and free ice cream
Cons
the only two i have are breaks are short and cafeteria isnt open on sundays
Best Company To work for.
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJune 18, 2014
Assist patients in booking appointments, using the health management database
 Providing information to patients & customers according to the product monograph
 Receiving, attaching & assigning incoming faxes, while updating the patients profile
 Process the report’s for all SAE’s in compliance with Health Canada requirements
Pros
amazing company
Cons
not a permanent position
Productive and Interactive Management
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 15, 2014
Management was outstanding, very nice but assertive. A typical day would consist of arriving at work and clocking in. Then report to your assigned group and start your groups job. Most enjoyable part was the moving when I had the chance to, lifting and moving the product. Least enjoyable was the standing in one spot for hours. Over my time there I learned how a little more on how a factory worked and what it consist of.
Cons
standing in place for hours
Does not give you all the info they should about the assignment
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  kitchener, OntarioSeptember 3, 2013
I was told the hours of the job and when i got there I found out its one of those jobs you go till your finished your work, so some days are longer and some shorter, this should be told too person before starting. Also they say you can get hired after 3 months and once working i find out no one is hired and no guarantee when it might happen or if it will.One other issue is they post the wage as a range ex $xx - $xx hr, based on experience, well they always give you the lower end of the wage no matter if your more then qualified for position.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
everything else
DO NOT WORK FOR RANSTAD.
Temp work. (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Ontario CanadaJune 2, 2013
I hate to write a bad review for a business but Ranstad seriously deserves this one - Reading previous reviews I wasn't alone in how I felt.

I worked as a temp for Ranstad a few times. As a student I found them to be very unorganized. There was such a lack of information.. and at times they seemed completely clueless (starting/end times, pay and even basic protocol). I found employees to be very rude - I was even harassed by phone calls for taking a day off for personal matters (which I told them about in advance).

I would not recommend working here unless you like being talked down to and disrespected on a regular basis.
Pros
leaving.
Cons
long hours, rude employess.
Randstad
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 11, 2013
I have never written a bad review about a temp company before however I feel I need to re-iterate the comments that the employees that are placing people in positions are not well trained and the ONLY word that comes to mind in my personal dealings is RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL. They claim to work in partners however, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing ever. I guess it is appropriate to speak to employees that are their business in any manner and it is assumed the employees will do their job for them.

Canada's #1 Recruiter??? SAD and probably yet another lie
Worst experience of my life! If I could have given zero stars I would have
Cons
rude placement staff
Terrible agency to deal with
Skilled labour (Former Employee) –  Region of WaterlooJune 13, 2013
I worked a long term placement with Randstad (over 5 years) and in the end they were fighting with me about paying out severance. They are impossible to contact, they do not communicate effectively with the company you are placed with and they do not fight for you (you are TEMPORARY, do not forget it!). Over my stay with Randstad I had 4 different people looking after me, only one of which was any good and he left because he got a better job somewhere else. The recruiters were rude and hard to deal with. You could tell that they do not care about their jobs or the people that they manage.
I will never work for a placement agency again, especially Randstad.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
everything else
Great working environment with excellent coworkers.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2013
A typical day at work would begin early as 8:00 and end as late as 6:30 pm. As a bilingual customer service representative, I was responsible for handling payroll and billing inquiries of our employees. I developed a great sense of knowledge in payroll and billings process. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to come into work with a great group of individuals with such professionalism and work ethic.
Pros
great work environment.
Have enjoyed working at all locations I have been sent to.
Warehouse Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2013
At my last assignment, I was working the afternoon shift which i really enjoyed, order picking. Unfortunately when work slows down the temp agency people are sent home first. I found that the supervisors are not approachable, do not take suggestions or concerns seriously.
Pros
flexibility, i can turn down a job if unsuitable for me.
Cons
no raises and no health benefits, contracts are somtimes too long to fullfil in order to be hired on by a company.
Productive work in encouraging environments.
Assembly Worker/general labour (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMay 27, 2013
Typically a work day consists of starting early.
I enjoyed working with and getting to know my coworkers as it is necessary to maintain good relationships with people I work with as it makes for a more pleasant environment.
I find the most enjoyable part of the day in the afternoon as I prefer to try to get the bulk of my responsibilities done earlier in the day so that I might be able to work on more consuming tasks in the afternoon.
In my experience....
Document Control / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2012
When I started working for Randstad - the pay schedule was weekly. However, I failed to get paid for the first three weeks that I worked for them due to a lag in getting my contract into their payroll system. Out of the 16 weeks I worked there, I was paid late 6 weeks (40% of the time) - due to approval time periods and no coordination or followup with their own client. I ended up having to quit because I failed to be paid during x-mas, no one was there to deal with it and my company bankrupted. I would never place my reputation on the line by recommending this company to anyone.
Cons
late payroll, 15% tax for work executed in alberta
Another "Job Agency" Interested in Increasing Clientele Inventory List...
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Oakville, OntarioFebruary 4, 2012
I have two (2) Post-Secondary degrees and yet this unprofessional, inexperienced staff couldn't find me applicable employment. They sent me on two (2) interviews only because I stressed the issue and then didn't bother to provide any feedback to help me improve my interview skills. As the title says, they will register you to increase their inventory of clientele but will not assist you in any way afterwards. Disgusting.
Pros
nothing...
Cons
too many to list...
Great opportunity to be a helping hand in resourcing
Consultant Accounting/Finance division (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2012
In this role I was responsible for business development activites for recruiting in the finance and accounting divisions of major corporations. I recruited, completed contracts, employee payroll completion, and posted opportunities to interview new candidates in for the opportunities available.
Pros
helped to build networks in the jobmarket and place employees
Cons
bilingualism in french and english market was a challenge in corparate environments
Good place too work.Friendly co-workers and team leaders.
Inspection (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 7, 2013
This is a wonderful company to work for. They have so much provide for their employees. The pay and benefits are great. There is always a reward for good performance. eg. lunches brought in and a seasonal B. Q. The people that work there are so great and the team leaders are the best. The only problem is they rarely hire full time so therefore you work as a temp forever with no benefits and temp wages.
Pros
restaurant style cafeteria, gym, good wages, monthly bonus, stock share.
Cons
do not hire full time quick enough.
A good work experience that gave me some transferable skills to take on to the next employment opportunity
I was a temp working in automotive factories (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJuly 1, 2013
My typical day would involve a lot of physical labour, constant moving as I was responsible for packaging and labeling the racks the car bumpers were packed in as every single part had different shipping destinations. I learned to be efficient alone as well as working together with a team of nine people to get our requirements met. The toughest part of the job would have to be the constant moving in a really hot work environment. I enjoyed the atmosphere about the work place the most, people were positive and up beat which makes everyones day a bit better.
Pros
half hour lunch break
Cons
lots of over time
Horrible, unprofessional, and doesn't fit the candidates to the right jobs...
Intermediate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 30, 2013
Horrible... Unprofessional... Unethical...

They hired me for a contract and set me up to fail. They were extremely rude to me and treated me like an idiot. I was placed in a contract and I was not given the full details. I was set up to fail by my recruiter and her colleague. I would NEVER recommend Randstad to anyone... Avoid them at all costs! They are unethical and unprofessional... The high school mentality and unprofessional demeanour are frequent from what I have experienced and read on other reviews of them... They breached labour laws on overtime and threatened me... How immature...
Cons
horrible service, unprofessional, unethical, and set you up to fail...
Interesting, meeting new people
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 12, 2014
This is a very time demanding job. You must have excellent time management and people skills.

This job requires you to be very tough skinned, this is also a sales job, you are required to win new business.

You are very busy, your days fly by.
Pros
people, co-workers
Productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecApril 16, 2014
need great communictions skills, ability to adapt styles to stituations. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks. Your surrounded with enthusiastic, innovative. passionate and energetic people.

the most difficult and challenging situations would be convincing
customers in fulfilling their complete satisfaction.
Pros
office activities
Cons
overtime
Well managed agency with highly professional recruiting team.
DBA Oracle (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2013
+ About 10 Remedy tickets about DB malfunctions.
+ Oracle RMAN working with NetBackup (tape backup)
+ Management team was very well selected for the job
+ I was part of DBA team -- 15 knowlegable Oracle DBA
+ Timeframe for Production support -- 15 min reaction time
+ Building Oracle Database servers
Pros
very diversified position -- tunnig, troublshooting, builds, script development
Cons
long commute time