Randstad Employee Reviews

Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton24 February 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
N/A
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
Spécialiste des comptes payables (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 November 2015
Environment is very important to me so this is what is good about working at Randstad. I am glad to have had the opportunity to work here and gain more experience, which in the end will allow me to be more confident in finding another job.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough training
Randstad
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 April 2016
Great workplace, they really work with you to get into the jobs you want to be in. They place you in different positions that you are into weather it be permanent, temporary, or casual.
Randstad itself is a great company, my department was not
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head Office5 December 2013
Randstad is a really good company to work for, the department I worked for however was not. The company has lots of weekly and monthly events that make working for them fun. Other departments were very happy and the employees looked forward to coming to work everyday. The people in other departments had lunches together and liked their co workers. The department I worked for was an awful experience. There was little to no guidance and the managers did not have the skills necessary or the ability to be good managers. The company has a great atmosphere but our departments was very oppressive. Everyone had their headphones in and could not care less about who was sitting next to them. Any events the company was having were usually not attended by my department or were attended briefly. Most were looking for a way out of the department. We had a legit morale problem and the managers were unable to solve it by their halfhearted attempts. You will know within an hour which department this is if you get hired because there will be no attempt to integrate the new coworker within the department. You will be left to your own devices very quickly and most likely will not have an on boarding.
Pros
Lunches, treat days, beer fridays
Cons
long hours required, poor management no guidence
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario24 January 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 January 2015
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
Pros
easy, simple work.
Cons
inconsistent work opportunities.
Good
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2015
Good, give opportunities to many entry level applicants. Management isn't always looking over at what you're doing. As long as you get the job done, you're good
Interesting, meeting new people
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 December 2014
This is a very time demanding job. You must have excellent time management and people skills.

This job requires you to be very tough skinned, this is also a sales job, you are required to win new business.

You are very busy, your days fly by.
Pros
people, co-workers
Productive, Fast-paced environment,
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario7 October 2014
No job is hard, unless there is a lack in willingness to grow and learn within the job. I have been fortunate to be given the opprotunity to advance my skills to better my future and be an asset to a company. I have learned time-management, meeting critical deadlines, extensive knowledge on Microsoft Office, Administrative Support, and invoicing for major projects. Management has been extremely supportive and has always guided me in the right direction and coaching to better myself in my job. On a daily basis, I am a key support for my team and Engineers with various tasks and deadlines. Meeting critical deadlines are essential, especially when dealing with vendors on major projects to ensure project execution on the largest most complex investment untaken by a company.
Pros
Postive coaching, meeting critical deadlines, growing my knowledge as an Administrative Support
Cons
N/A
productive workplace with friendly atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 March 2016
Have got wonderfull experiences with very friendly atmosphere .Co workers were very supportive.Didn't feel any hard times because of the support.Each and every moment was enjoyable and step by step to learn more about GMP and quality related training which help to follow the 100% quality product.
Productive and fun to work with
Pharmaceutical Production Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2014
Good communication and helpful. Hectic. Team work. management could be better. good co-workers. long hours standing. mingled and helping each other
Pros
pharmaceutical procedure
Cons
Low payment
material hanler
1 Material handler (Former Employee) –  guelph ontario23 March 2014
fast paced and very dependable
enjoy making new friends
sometimes it can be hectic at times but all in all sometimes a lazy day lol
summers are more relaxing for the health and safety of their employees ,
friendly coworkers fun to joke and have fun on the job to make the time pass more quickly
the hardest part of the job is making your quota when the machines break down ,
i learned that when you work as a team player in the company things get done faster and better . there is no I in teamwork
management do try and keep things on the ball i give them 2 thumbs up
Pros
free cool down time during the summers and free ice cream
Cons
the only two i have are breaks are short and cafeteria isnt open on sundays
DO NOT WORK FOR RANSTAD.
Temp work. (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Ontario Canada2 June 2013
I hate to write a bad review for a business but Ranstad seriously deserves this one - Reading previous reviews I wasn't alone in how I felt.

I worked as a temp for Ranstad a few times. As a student I found them to be very unorganized. There was such a lack of information.. and at times they seemed completely clueless (starting/end times, pay and even basic protocol). I found employees to be very rude - I was even harassed by phone calls for taking a day off for personal matters (which I told them about in advance).

I would not recommend working here unless you like being talked down to and disrespected on a regular basis.

Pros
Leaving.
Cons
Long hours, rude employess.
Productive, fast pace environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND STAFFING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2014
Responsible for generating new leads, and nurture the existing clients by filling in the open position with the best talent. Learned to operate in a very fast pace, dynamic environment. Being a 360 Degree role, the hardest part of the job was to work in an open space environment where each of us was responsible for assisting incoming calls while achieving personal sales quota. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for your team and support each other. I was lucky enough to be part of an amazing team with an exceptional manager.
Pros
Great benefits, great learning curve
Cons
Could get a little chaotic at times
Better when they were Spherion
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 May 2012
I left for 2 months, came back since I could use their service any time when they were Spherion... Boom! Finding out the news that they have been taken over by Ranstad, barely any call backs when I give them my availability so it's much more harder and more competitive to get a job in my field. Now I'm stuck making fries to find a better job to pass the time - isn't that great? At least with Spherion the person who looked after my assignments was still there and it felt like a friendly environment, unlike Ranstad now - you just feel like another number. What bout the recent graduates? Where do they end up now? Most of what Ranstad is looking for are people with cars, 1 - 2 years+ experience, etc. The point that I'm getting at is some people don't have cars because they're saving up, some people who doesn't have that experience aren't that lucky with Ranstad any more since the job market is tight and they've expanded hence is why it's all limited now. If there are any placement agencies in Winnipeg that would kindly take the new college graduates right away that would be great.
Cons
barely any call backs, no call backs at all, limited jobs
great place
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 April 2016
I have to say it was outstanding, always had work.. I recommend this place for others for youir job search and experience
Job Bank not accomodating
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC10 March 2016
They were able to give me different jobs at any one time. Mostly short term and some long term. Job bank not very full at the time of my employment and would have like to have more jobs in my field.
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a job.
There have convenient locations everywhere in Canada.
Jobs are updated on a daily basis and you can start asap.
They need to work on Benefits/Insurance
There is always room for improvement,
Pros
Jobs available weekly
Cons
Lomg term benefits/Insurance
Great place to work!
Certified Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2015
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.

Randstad Staffing specializes in temporary staffing and permanent placement for specific industry sectors. A key factor that differentiates Randstad Staffing from other companies is our unique unit structure. Each unit consists of two consultants who are responsible for both client service and candidate selection. Our staffing consultants work as a team; ensuring one is always available to both clients and candidates. They work hard to develop an understanding of how each client operates and who will meet their hiring needs, while also getting to know each applicant - to understand the skills, experience and qualities that will help them find the right job fit.
General Administrative Officer (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 February 2016
A well structured and friendly organization. Good and timely payment of wages with good welfare packages. Supervisors are super good and ready to listening and solve whatever challenges you are confronted with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randstad. Our community is ready to answer.

77%