Randstad Employee Reviews

Great Workplace, Underpar Supervison
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON24 May 2015
At Dana, everyone would arrive approximately 5-15 minutes early, listen to an overview of what was going to be happening for the day, then go to the floor. Every hour we would rotate stations to prevent us from doing task with too much repetition and have three breaks (one every two hours).

I learned how to build and inspect their parts on multiple lines, as well as how to trouble shoot and solve mechanical issues when machinery was malfunctioning and the machine setters were busy elsewhere. Over my first two months, I also learned how to work my line as quickly and efficiently as some whom had been there for a year or two longer than I had.

My supervisor always seemed like he was great, very approachable and nice, until I realized that the issues that I would present to him wouldn't be resolved and he would pick favourites with employees.

Most of the co-workers at Dana were miserable people and some went out of their way to make their peer's work-life miserable as well. There were a select few that were either great to work with or neutral. There's an over-all lack of morale and the QC expert would pick and choose which quality she controlled based on who did her favours.

I didn't find working at Dana very hard, the tasks were simple enough, although it was difficult to keep up on some lines that I was unfamiliar with; nothing that I would not be confident that I could adjust to over time.

The sense of accomplishment I got was the most enjoyable part. Meeting quotas for the night and beating self-set goals over time made me feel like I was doing really well,
  more... which obviously feels great.  less
Pros
good benefits, three breaks
Cons
poor supervision, lack of team-work in a team environment, could have better pay for tasks
Temp
Temp (Former Employee) –  Burlington Ontario12 May 2015
went where ever I was told to. Some day's I would drive to Milton, others I wouldn't have to drive at all. Most of the work was pretty straight forward working at any plant or factory, while some required serious patient's and more intricate work.
Pros
great places to work
Cons
pay was not consistant
productive and fun place with a pool table.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton , Ontario12 May 2015
great place to work, great co- workers and supervisors.moved to Alberta and is looking of a similar place to belong. good employment is great but a good environment to work is even better.
Pros
nice pool table
Cons
non
Employment Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant / Reception (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2015
I found they paid slightly better than some of the other agencies, and got longer assignments with them.

Once you prove yourself with previous temp assignments, you have a much better chance of getting more opportunities. You become one of the top choices, of who gets called first for assignments.
Cons
No guarantees of when you will work, or for how long.
temporary warehouse and driving work
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 May 2015
Randstad is a job agency located in burlington,

i worked for them for a while doing various jobs like order picking, shipping and driving cars for FORD
production line (Current Employee) –  stoney creek18 April 2015
arriving at work setting my line up great bunch of people to work with managers don't know to much what they are doing, only minimum wage
very good working environment.
Contract Worker (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON10 April 2015
They provide a very pleasant atmosphere to work in and are there for you one hundred percent. The co-workers are easy going and extremely helpful to new candidates.
Great placement . bad agency management
data entry (Former Employee) –  Vaughan7 April 2015
missing pay. still not resolved

manager at randstad keeps delaying and will not answer your emails or Inquiries although they will contact you when they need you to complete training segments.

Calling in sick or day off and they will threaten that the company your placed at will fire you. even though placement company only let you go if you make work errors.

Same position with same company through another agency will pay much more.
Pros
You get a job
Cons
irresponsible manager, low pay
Good for beginners
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2015
Anyone who forms a foundation to life is of great importance. Randstad has a lot of potentials to give individuals the experience they need to progress.
Good company. Honest . Staff was knowledgeable and good to work with.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 March 2015
Overall Ranstad is a good company to be connected with. Staff are well informed.
Very productive learning experiences.
Held various heavy general labour jobs. Worked in warehouses, manufacturing company, assembling, spray washed exteriors.
Pros
Productive learning experiences.
Productive and functional workplace with great employees.
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford14 March 2015
I worked through a temp service so everywhere I went that was different had separate routines. The employees were always super helpful when needed and were very efficient with making sure everyone knew what they were doing.
fast paced
temporary employee (Former Employee) –  calgary, ab24 February 2015
Good place to find employment throughout the city of Calgary. was laid off and they found me quick employment withing a few days.
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton24 February 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
N/A
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
Great Staff
General Labourer / Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 February 2015
Awesome group to deal with.
Knowledgeable staff, easy to deal with and very helpful.
They always have the workers best interest in mind.
Helpful staff
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 February 2015
Very helpful staff members; professionals; they respect me and my work. They appreciate and encourage me. I enjoy working for these companies.
Pros
Helpful staff.
Cons
I hope I get a long term assignment.
Productive workplace with easy-going staff
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2015
• Assemble, install and adjust machinery and equipment for the Styrofoam manufacturing company
• Perform all tasks with superior adherence to safety guidelines and company expectations
• Conduct preventative and reactive maintenance programs and maintain corresponding records
• Set up or molding and dies
Great place to work!
Certified Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2015
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.

Randstad Staffing specializes in temporary staffing and permanent placement for specific industry sectors. A key factor that differentiates Randstad Staffing from other companies is our unique unit structure. Each unit consists of two consultants who are responsible for both client service and candidate selection. Our staffing consultants work as a team; ensuring one is always available to both clients and candidates. They work hard to develop an understanding of how each client operates and who will meet their hiring needs, while also getting to know each applicant - to understand the skills, experience and qualities that will help them find the right job fit.
productive
labeler/line worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 February 2015
fast past
i liked working in a team
there were lots of thing you could do so you were never standing around not doing anything there was always something to keep you busy if you were done your ob its all about team work
Pros
payed lunch
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2015
I was registered for several months and only received a call for one job, which never panned out because they failed to call me back to give me the details. My recruiter was quick to get me enrolled, but did nothing after that point. I kept receiving job descriptions by email about jobs that I was not qualified for. I ended up leaving because they were unwilling to help.

Most of the job postings are just a repeat of the exact same posting several times to make it look like they have a lot of jobs.

This is just my experience and I know others have had great experiences with them, but I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
Staffing Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 January 2015
Adequate, typical temporary assignment agency.
They try to match you with a company.