Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

tempoorary work agency
warehouse asociate (Former Employee) –  calgaryJanuary 20, 2015
They found me a job that had the potential to lead to a perm full time job. They sent me to a place that suited my skill set and made sure that i liked where i was. All and all for a temp agency they did a very good job. The staff at ranstad continued to try and find me a better job after i left them. They continue to send me e-mails of jobs they feel that i might like or be qualified for
Pros
worked to find a good job for me
Cons
pay was lacking
Productive and Interactive Management
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 15, 2014
Management was outstanding, very nice but assertive. A typical day would consist of arriving at work and clocking in. Then report to your assigned group and start your groups job. Most enjoyable part was the moving when I had the chance to, lifting and moving the product. Least enjoyable was the standing in one spot for hours. Over my time there I learned how a little more on how a factory worked and what it consist of.
Cons
standing in place for hours
Excellent Working Environment
Serrvice and Technical Control Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  DorvalJuly 22, 2014
I was recruited by RANDSTAD but actually working for Bell Satellite TV as a Customer Service Representative for BELL TV. We received calls from customers who have issues with Bills or technical issues.
We also received calls from technicians who are on the field for installation or repairs and need our help.
Pros
free coffee, navette bus available
Cons
long hours some times
Good company. Honest . Staff was knowledgeable and good to work with.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 18, 2015
Overall Ranstad is a good company to be connected with. Staff are well informed.
Very productive learning experiences.
Held various heavy general labour jobs. Worked in warehouses, manufacturing company, assembling, spray washed exteriors.
Pros
productive learning experiences.
Enjoyed the working conditions
Dispensing Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 8, 2013
* Afternoon Shifts on a fixed schedule and enjoyed the working area.
* I learned that every detail was a priority, as we had our customers health at risk and safety was always a priority.
* Management was great
* Enjoyed the team environment and working with them
* Last minute scheduling for after midnight overtime
* Great working with the people there and the team work environment.
temporary warehouse and driving work
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 6, 2015
Randstad is a job agency located in burlington,

i worked for them for a while doing various jobs like order picking, shipping and driving cars for FORD
Best Company To work for.
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJune 18, 2014
Assist patients in booking appointments, using the health management database
 Providing information to patients & customers according to the product monograph
 Receiving, attaching & assigning incoming faxes, while updating the patients profile
 Process the report’s for all SAE’s in compliance with Health Canada requirements
Pros
amazing company
Cons
not a permanent position
good and safe environment to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2015
great satisfaction when work is properly done and good salary
Good for beginners
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Anyone who forms a foundation to life is of great importance. Randstad has a lot of potentials to give individuals the experience they need to progress.
Well managed agency with highly professional recruiting team.
DBA Oracle (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2013
+ About 10 Remedy tickets about DB malfunctions.
+ Oracle RMAN working with NetBackup (tape backup)
+ Management team was very well selected for the job
+ I was part of DBA team -- 15 knowlegable Oracle DBA
+ Timeframe for Production support -- 15 min reaction time
+ Building Oracle Database servers
Pros
very diversified position -- tunnig, troublshooting, builds, script development
Cons
long commute time

Comment – June 15, 2013

Randstad is the worse company have ever work with in my entire life they are so unprofessional in all ways there are liars and users they use pple to work for them like a salves and there are very rude, and they just don't care about pple's feelings. I work with them for 1yrs now the company is slow I call them almost everyday to replace me with another company they refused. I call their office to get my hourly they told me not to go on EI, that they are going to find me a job but up till now no one did, they forbidden me going on EI because they trying to save their own reputation. All I can say is Randstad company is* wack*

Great place!
Executive Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AbNovember 3, 2014
This place has it all: Awesome Culture, Great team, and very serious about their work.

I loved this place.
Pros
grerat team, very focused on the task at hand.
Cons
needs to add more support for their offce staff.
LOTS OF DIFFERENT JOB OPPURTUNITIES
Order picking (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 8, 2014
THEY HAVE A LOT OF JOBS, BUT NONE THAT ARE WELL PAYING JOBS. I HOPE TO GET MORE WORK WITH RANDSTAD IN THE FUTURE BUT I REALLY HOPE THEY FIND WAYS TO PAY EMLOYEES BETTER.
Pros
various placements
Cons
low salary
yes, alot of fun and even gift
Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 7, 2012
1.As usually 8hrs five days a week, every thing goes normal.
2.New skills.
3.management was fine.
4. Co-workers, some particular I can recommended good.
5. lack of ethical behaviour in the individual co-workers.
6.The most enjoyable part of the job was the communication and respect by the leaders.
Pros
coffee free and donuts sume time
Cons
going longer than limit time some time.
Productive and functional workplace with great employees.
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  BrantfordMarch 14, 2015
I worked through a temp service so everywhere I went that was different had separate routines. The employees were always super helpful when needed and were very efficient with making sure everyone knew what they were doing.
Great resource to get a feel for a particular company's culture.
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2012
Varied assignments keep things interesting.

I like to learn regularly,Randstad enables different experiences.

Management N/A

Co-workers N/A

Hardest part of the job:Finding a company that values my strengths of integrity,commitment and a strong work ethic.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Variety,variety,variety
Pros
variety
Cons
remuneration
Productive workplace with easy-going staff
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2015
• Assemble, install and adjust machinery and equipment for the Styrofoam manufacturing company
• Perform all tasks with superior adherence to safety guidelines and company expectations
• Conduct preventative and reactive maintenance programs and maintain corresponding records
• Set up or molding and dies
Constantly available contracts each with something new to offer.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 6, 2014
Everyday was different seeing as how in 7 months I had worked at several different locations which assured me that I could not even get the slightest opportunity to become bored or feel that the jobs were too repetitive. I learned a little something from every different location, mainly in the "people" department seeing as how I had to be working with new methods of work and personalities with each time I was placed a in a new location. For this reason, there were many different pros and cons depending on where I worked and who I would be working with which in a way, was the hardest but also the most enjoyable part of being employed by Randstad.
Pros
instant employment
Cons
at times, work was not available
Productive office with friendly coworkers and supportive management
Business Development Coordinator/Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
My typical day at work consisted of
- Making 60 cold calls in the morning through Excel spread sheets
- Linkedin searches for potential candidates
- Conducting two candidate or energy professional (referrals) meetings/interviews per day
- Two candidate presentations to Account Managers per day
- Reviewing/making adjustments to resumes
- 2-3 reference checks per candidate
- Entering all e-mails, phone call conversations, resumes, personal information and voice mail messages into ProConnect database
- Mapping out potential clients departments or divisions using Visio
- Organizing my Lead Account Manager's meetings with my own meetings and ensuring that they were compatible with each others schedules.
- Researching Oil&Gas companies to keep up with market trends and news

I learned a great deal about the oil and gas industry, different engineering/energy professionals and what their jobs consist of. I also learned different tactics on how to approach different personalities.

The challenge I faced in my job was to ensure that both the recruiter and the account manager communicated sufficiently so that they could relay the correct information back to either the candidate or the client.

What I enjoyed most was meeting new people and hearing each individuals career story and their accomplishments. After every meeting I always learned something new.

Management was very supportive and everyone was made clear of their three expectations.
1. Positive Attitude
2. Strong work ethic
3. Doing all of your activities on a daily basis
Pros
excellent team environment
Cons
job orders reflected the market
very good working environment.
Contract Worker (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONApril 10, 2015
They provide a very pleasant atmosphere to work in and are there for you one hundred percent. The co-workers are easy going and extremely helpful to new candidates.
Horrible, unprofessional, and doesn't fit the candidates to the right jobs...
Intermediate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 30, 2013
Horrible... Unprofessional... Unethical...

They hired me for a contract and set me up to fail. They were extremely rude to me and treated me like an idiot. I was placed in a contract and I was not given the full details. I was set up to fail by my recruiter and her colleague. I would NEVER recommend Randstad to anyone... Avoid them at all costs! They are unethical and unprofessional... The high school mentality and unprofessional demeanour are frequent from what I have experienced and read on other reviews of them... They breached labour laws on overtime and threatened me... How immature...
Cons
horrible service, unprofessional, unethical, and set you up to fail...