Randstad Employee Reviews

terrible employees!!!!!
fitter welder (Former Employee) –  d16 July 2015
so like previously stated, they will sign you up quick promise the world then continuously call you even if you have a job promising employment!so you book days off to get interviews but what they are all of a sudden on hold?????????? ya thats because these places just put whoever they can in any spot so they get their paycheques but lie to your face about opportunities. I've worked for multiple agencies this one being the worst and i haven't even got a job through them yet and they are all the same weather its guelph or Cambridge they are all terrible this company can rot for all i care!
Pros
nothing but promises unfilled
Cons
lies
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a job.
There have convenient locations everywhere in Canada.
Jobs are updated on a daily basis and you can start asap.
They need to work on Benefits/Insurance
There is always room for improvement,
Pros
Jobs available weekly
Cons
Lomg term benefits/Insurance
Good team environment and friendly people.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON9 July 2015
Fast paced environment with some heavy lifting. I liked the people I worked with, friendly and cooperative. I learned the RF scanning system on top of a wide range of products. I really liked the lunch room, it was large and it had a range of vending machines. I was impressed with the management at Legacy, they were professional and very helpful. The Lady that hired me was very pleasant. She always had a ready smile. The lifting was the hardest part of the job because one had to assembly a lot of products onto skids. I liked the vibe at work, people were very friendly and happy to help out.
Pros
Special events, food, people.
Cons
pay rate. Distance to work.
First Assignment
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2016
This is my first assignment with Randstad. I'm very happy with the position I was placed in, love the location, the people I work with and the work I'm doing.
Contract continuosly extended
Temporary Contract-Customer Care Reprsentative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 August 2015
With hard work and dedication my 2 to 4 week contract was extended until I unfortunately chose to commence maternity leave after four and a half months. A typical day would be checking and responding to emails and opening 3 systems, combining all of the information to one place, sending it off to a different team so that they could do their job.Sadly, Management is the reason I have chosen not to return to the placement I had been with. My coworkers were extremely helpful if ever I needed any assistance in anything at all. The hardest part of this job was the lack of professionalism I experienced with my immediate supervisor. The most enjoyable was the amount of information and knowledge I learned and took away with me.
Pros
staff, computer based work
Cons
long hours, underpaid, unrealistic expectations
wish positions lasted longer
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario26 August 2015
Basic Light lifting
Packing
Order picking

Wished position given lasted longer than 2 months. Seems like just before probationary period, the "assignment" completes and im left waiting for another opportunity. Cant raise a family when your uncertain how long you will last.
Cons
temporary
Great placement . bad agency management
data entry (Former Employee) –  Vaughan7 April 2015
missing pay. still not resolved

manager at randstad keeps delaying and will not answer your emails or Inquiries although they will contact you when they need you to complete training segments.

Calling in sick or day off and they will threaten that the company your placed at will fire you. even though placement company only let you go if you make work errors.

Same position with same company through another agency will pay much more.
Pros
You get a job
Cons
irresponsible manager, low pay
Employment Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant / Reception (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2015
I found they paid slightly better than some of the other agencies, and got longer assignments with them.

Once you prove yourself with previous temp assignments, you have a much better chance of getting more opportunities. You become one of the top choices, of who gets called first for assignments.
Cons
No guarantees of when you will work, or for how long.
Randstad is poorly run
Temp (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 August 2015
As a temp worker working through Randstad I have always found their attitude horrible and low class. Compared to some other agencies in my area this one seems to have the most jobs, but dealing with them gets you nowhere. They will mislead you often just to get you into a position.
Good
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2015
Good, give opportunities to many entry level applicants. Management isn't always looking over at what you're doing. As long as you get the job done, you're good
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2015
I was registered for several months and only received a call for one job, which never panned out because they failed to call me back to give me the details. My recruiter was quick to get me enrolled, but did nothing after that point. I kept receiving job descriptions by email about jobs that I was not qualified for. I ended up leaving because they were unwilling to help.

Most of the job postings are just a repeat of the exact same posting several times to make it look like they have a lot of jobs.

This is just my experience and I know others have had great experiences with them, but I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
great work environment
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 December 2015
- very fast paced
- amazing team work
- ongoing coaching
- love helping people find job
- everyday learning something new
Pros
free lunches, flexible
Cons
nothing
tempoorary work agency
warehouse asociate (Former Employee) –  calgary20 January 2015
They found me a job that had the potential to lead to a perm full time job. They sent me to a place that suited my skill set and made sure that i liked where i was. All and all for a temp agency they did a very good job. The staff at ranstad continued to try and find me a better job after i left them. They continue to send me e-mails of jobs they feel that i might like or be qualified for
Pros
worked to find a good job for me
Cons
pay was lacking
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 January 2015
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
Pros
easy, simple work.
Cons
inconsistent work opportunities.
A good company to work for
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 November 2014
A day consists of opportunity to help different companies meet their productivity levels.

I've learned a lot!

Management is never an easy job.

Co-workers can be your friend and your enemy.

Hardest part of the job is believing in yourself.

Enjoyable part is being allowed to work, allowed to be busy, allowed to be productive, and to be appreciated for it.
Pros
I like both the variety of work and the continual ongoing work.
Cons
There is too many people wanting the same kind of work and not enough to go around.
Great Team; Great Company
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton4 November 2014
If I had to describe Randstad in one word, I would choose "Potential". There is ample potential to learn and make huge amounts of money. The company invests in their staff and wants them to be successful.

The hardest part is meeting the numbers and figuring out what it takes for you individually to be successful. You don't make much your first year or two, but after that, you're golden.

The management is great and offers good guidance, and the team is amazing and supportive.
Pros
Team Builders; Work Environment
Cons
Low Starting Salary; Target Pressure
Productive, fast pace environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND STAFFING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2014
Responsible for generating new leads, and nurture the existing clients by filling in the open position with the best talent. Learned to operate in a very fast pace, dynamic environment. Being a 360 Degree role, the hardest part of the job was to work in an open space environment where each of us was responsible for assisting incoming calls while achieving personal sales quota. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for your team and support each other. I was lucky enough to be part of an amazing team with an exceptional manager.
Pros
Great benefits, great learning curve
Cons
Could get a little chaotic at times
Extremely poor experience, they are like used car salesmen
Freelance looking for work (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC, Canada23 September 2014
Extremely poor communication and some of their people were just plain dodgy. Some of their agents refused to state a salary for certain positions which made me think they were trying to milk maximum commission from the deal. I have several years of management and administrative experience and they were only interested in hooking me up with entry level, low paying positions. Then after several miscommunications they terminated my candidacy with no explanation or reason. They should be selling watches out of the back of a van.
Pros
Lots of easy to get, low paying jobs
Cons
Low paying jobs, poor communication, insincere behavior
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton24 February 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
N/A
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
material hanler
1 Material handler (Former Employee) –  guelph ontario23 March 2014
fast paced and very dependable
enjoy making new friends
sometimes it can be hectic at times but all in all sometimes a lazy day lol
summers are more relaxing for the health and safety of their employees ,
friendly coworkers fun to joke and have fun on the job to make the time pass more quickly
the hardest part of the job is making your quota when the machines break down ,
i learned that when you work as a team player in the company things get done faster and better . there is no I in teamwork
management do try and keep things on the ball i give them 2 thumbs up
Pros
free cool down time during the summers and free ice cream
Cons
the only two i have are breaks are short and cafeteria isnt open on sundays