Randstad Employee Reviews

Good
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2015
Good, give opportunities to many entry level applicants. Management isn't always looking over at what you're doing. As long as you get the job done, you're good
Good team environment and friendly people.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON9 July 2015
Fast paced environment with some heavy lifting. I liked the people I worked with, friendly and cooperative. I learned the RF scanning system on top of a wide range of products. I really liked the lunch room, it was large and it had a range of vending machines. I was impressed with the management at Legacy, they were professional and very helpful. The Lady that hired me was very pleasant. She always had a ready smile. The lifting was the hardest part of the job because one had to assembly a lot of products onto skids. I liked the vibe at work, people were very friendly and happy to help out.
Pros
Special events, food, people.
Cons
pay rate. Distance to work.
Excellent job agency, highly reccommend
Final Assembler (Current Employee) –  Langley BC18 July 2015
Joined May 4th

A very big company

The salary and benefits are outstanding, covered fully 100%
If I were to describe my work environment, I would say it is an interesting experience, I am learning new things day by day more than my previous job I had. Most of the co-workers are friendly but I've seen some that are not willing to co operate for any task that is given. The supervisors are very helpful people, they are very polite and take everything easy and calm. I am glad to be apart of the team.

I would like to thank my job agent for giving me such a wonderful experience at Philips
great place
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 April 2016
I have to say it was outstanding, always had work.. I recommend this place for others for youir job search and experience
Job Bank not accomodating
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC10 March 2016
They were able to give me different jobs at any one time. Mostly short term and some long term. Job bank not very full at the time of my employment and would have like to have more jobs in my field.
General Administrative Officer (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 February 2016
A well structured and friendly organization. Good and timely payment of wages with good welfare packages. Supervisors are super good and ready to listening and solve whatever challenges you are confronted with.
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton24 February 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
N/A
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
Good place to work.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 March 2016
Great place to find work. Hardest part is waiting for a job to become available. Would definitely recommend trying it out..
just horrible
General Labourer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2016
Never have any work. Always say call back but they never pick up. They only get jobs for they're favorites and everyone else is left hanging.
Goes to bat for you
Temp (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2012
As a temp agency, they work tirelessly for you. If makes a person want to do their best at whatever they do. In terms of work/life balance, you're able to pick and choose so as to be able to live your life the way you want to. Every time you're placed, you meet great people, learn new skills and move forward. The opportunities they create are hard to find anywhere else.
Pros
diversity
Cons
little job security
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario24 January 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 January 2015
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
Pros
easy, simple work.
Cons
inconsistent work opportunities.
Randstad itself is a great company, my department was not
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head Office5 December 2013
Randstad is a really good company to work for, the department I worked for however was not. The company has lots of weekly and monthly events that make working for them fun. Other departments were very happy and the employees looked forward to coming to work everyday. The people in other departments had lunches together and liked their co workers. The department I worked for was an awful experience. There was little to no guidance and the managers did not have the skills necessary or the ability to be good managers. The company has a great atmosphere but our departments was very oppressive. Everyone had their headphones in and could not care less about who was sitting next to them. Any events the company was having were usually not attended by my department or were attended briefly. Most were looking for a way out of the department. We had a legit morale problem and the managers were unable to solve it by their halfhearted attempts. You will know within an hour which department this is if you get hired because there will be no attempt to integrate the new coworker within the department. You will be left to your own devices very quickly and most likely will not have an on boarding.
Pros
Lunches, treat days, beer fridays
Cons
long hours required, poor management no guidence
They post ads that don't exist
labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2015
I went through the testing and registration then applied for numerous positions that were advertised only to be told by a staff member that they don't actually have those spots to fill,they do it to get resumes in the door. I call it job creation for the staff so that they have a job. I registered in may and after months passed they haven't given me any work. ...TOTALLY WASTE OF ANYBODYS TIME
Pros
Cons
dishonest unreliable
Interesting, meeting new people
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 December 2014
This is a very time demanding job. You must have excellent time management and people skills.

This job requires you to be very tough skinned, this is also a sales job, you are required to win new business.

You are very busy, your days fly by.
Pros
people, co-workers
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a job.
There have convenient locations everywhere in Canada.
Jobs are updated on a daily basis and you can start asap.
They need to work on Benefits/Insurance
There is always room for improvement,
Pros
Jobs available weekly
Cons
Lomg term benefits/Insurance
valuable experience of Canadian Industry as I was new permanent resident.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 December 2015
I worked for 3 months. Initially I was sent to a factory in Guelph. But somehow or the other I could not click there. randstad Guelph was quick to realize the situation and shifted me to Lanimar Guelph,ON, Canada. I worked there for 3 months and had a wonderful experience as assembler. Thanks to randstad team Guelph, ON, Canada.
Productive, Fast-paced environment,
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario7 October 2014
No job is hard, unless there is a lack in willingness to grow and learn within the job. I have been fortunate to be given the opprotunity to advance my skills to better my future and be an asset to a company. I have learned time-management, meeting critical deadlines, extensive knowledge on Microsoft Office, Administrative Support, and invoicing for major projects. Management has been extremely supportive and has always guided me in the right direction and coaching to better myself in my job. On a daily basis, I am a key support for my team and Engineers with various tasks and deadlines. Meeting critical deadlines are essential, especially when dealing with vendors on major projects to ensure project execution on the largest most complex investment untaken by a company.
Pros
Postive coaching, meeting critical deadlines, growing my knowledge as an Administrative Support
Cons
N/A
no full time jobs and very low wages
factory (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 December 2015
No full time jobs but you work for very low wages and the promise of full time position worked for 9 months for company and moved to Paris and was told that I would not be going to Paris so I would say that this is not very good company to work for so do not believe all that is promised to you
Pros
Cons
no fill time jobs and low wages
Productive and fun to work with
Pharmaceutical Production Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2014
Good communication and helpful. Hectic. Team work. management could be better. good co-workers. long hours standing. mingled and helping each other
Pros
pharmaceutical procedure
Cons
Low payment