Randstad Employee Reviews

Great Team; Great Company
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton4 November 2014
If I had to describe Randstad in one word, I would choose "Potential". There is ample potential to learn and make huge amounts of money. The company invests in their staff and wants them to be successful.

The hardest part is meeting the numbers and figuring out what it takes for you individually to be successful. You don't make much your first year or two, but after that, you're golden.

The management is great and offers good guidance, and the team is amazing and supportive.
Pros
Team Builders; Work Environment
Cons
Low Starting Salary; Target Pressure
Great company
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2016
I have had a few different temp job while hired as a Ranstad client,
I have worked at Great West life as a receptionist,
as a Event assistant at Calgary even planning team and the Canadian blood Services as a business administrative.
The poeple I worked with was great, very polite and nice, I have learn a lot of the business administrative field and really enjoyed the work environment.
I am more effcient at data entry, able to handle a multi-line phone call in a profeessional manner, able to creat documents and schedulling for different departments.
Good knowledge of product and research information for higher volume sales
Good source of temporary contracts
Temporary/Contract Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2016
enjoyed working for randstad, was placed in a variety of different work environments, recruiters were accommodating and friendly. No problems with management, only issue was instability of contracts (being out of work for a couple of weeks at a time during down seasons)
Provides a number of flexible working conditions
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC1 February 2016
The management and staff of Randstad are friendly and approachable. They were most helpful in providing employment to its pool of workers. They coordinated closely with their principal customers with regard to manpower deployment.
Pros
Provided various employment opportunities
Cons
Some jobs are seasonal
jobs
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 June 2016
Ranstad will acquire jobs for you, and sometimes they do last longer than 3 months. Their representatives will work with you.
A wonderful experience
Administrative Services- Scanning Department (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2016
I have been lucky to have been given great opportunitues to work for amazing companies and gain so many skills while giving back in a positive way.
Have enjoyed working at all locations I have been sent to.
Warehouse Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2013
At my last assignment, I was working the afternoon shift which i really enjoyed, order picking. Unfortunately when work slows down the temp agency people are sent home first. I found that the supervisors are not approachable, do not take suggestions or concerns seriously.
Pros
Flexibility, i can turn down a job if unsuitable for me.
Cons
No raises and no health benefits, contracts are somtimes too long to fullfil in order to be hired on by a company.
wish positions lasted longer
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario26 August 2015
Basic Light lifting
Packing
Order picking

Wished position given lasted longer than 2 months. Seems like just before probationary period, the "assignment" completes and im left waiting for another opportunity. Cant raise a family when your uncertain how long you will last.
Cons
temporary
Best work for students with different availability
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC22 January 2016
I get called, ask if I accept the job, and if so, receive full information with location, and a shift.

I receive a weekly salary every Thursday of the total sum of my shifts from Monday to Sunday.

Best work for the inexperience.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Unpredictable jobs
Nice company
Drafting Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2015
Very relaxed working environment with nice people and managers. Everyone is friendly, including top people. In fact, I worked there for a year I still don't know who was whose boss. They all wanted to finish the work cooperatively rather than ordering around. I also liked the diversity of people at the company and how well they got along all coming from different cultures and religions.
Pros
flexible hours, organized work flow
Cons
tight work rooms, no proper coffee room
Great personalities to work with. This helped especially in this fast paced environment
Billing Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
- Managing time sheets to prepare for weekly payroll run.
- there were too many manual processes, which created numerous exceptions. Because of the pace, there was little focus on process improvement.
- Accounting System was not very intuitive, thus too much reliance on Job aids.
- Very supportive management that treated staff with care and respect. This really helped to ease the truly stressful task of timely payroll processing.
Pros
Treat Fridays
Cons
Long commute
A job when you really need a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 November 2015
This place is an accident waiting to happen. Metal bits everywhere. Highly disorganized and management doesn't seem to know what it is doing. If you need a job then it's the place for you. But keep looking while working here if you have the energy after the mandatory overtime and extra long shifts. Don't expect any holidays and be prepared for last minute promised holiday hours to change the night before or shift before.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
it's Linergy
Positive Work Environment
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 May 2016
Working at Randstad is my first formal work experience in Canada. Through the six-month period, I did learned a lot including effective communication skills and interaction skills. All my colleagues, supervisors, and manager were friendly and kind. I like the workplace.
Gets you a job relatively fast
warehouse stocking, receiving and related duties (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 May 2016
I found this company to be fairly responsive to new applications. The work became steady fast and was reasonably good wages.
temp agency that gave me steady summer work
Temporary Labour, injection moulding (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 May 2016
Randstad's Guelph office gave me fulltime work for three consecutive summers doing nothing very interesting, but hey, it's money.
Great Company.
Shipper/ Receiver and Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 April 2016
Great balance of client and employee professionalism. Hard working, honest and excellent communicators. Good placement into a productive and safe work environment. They followed up to ensure I was satisfied with my employment position.
Pros
Relentless Work Ethic
Cons
No cons
Goes to bat for you
Temp (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2012
As a temp agency, they work tirelessly for you. If makes a person want to do their best at whatever they do. In terms of work/life balance, you're able to pick and choose so as to be able to live your life the way you want to. Every time you're placed, you meet great people, learn new skills and move forward. The opportunities they create are hard to find anywhere else.
Pros
diversity
Cons
little job security
Good team environment and friendly people.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON9 July 2015
Fast paced environment with some heavy lifting. I liked the people I worked with, friendly and cooperative. I learned the RF scanning system on top of a wide range of products. I really liked the lunch room, it was large and it had a range of vending machines. I was impressed with the management at Legacy, they were professional and very helpful. The Lady that hired me was very pleasant. She always had a ready smile. The lifting was the hardest part of the job because one had to assembly a lot of products onto skids. I liked the vibe at work, people were very friendly and happy to help out.
Pros
Special events, food, people.
Cons
pay rate. Distance to work.
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton24 February 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
N/A
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
It was a good experience.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 February 2016
It was a good experience and the people there were fun to work with.It would have been even better if Target Canada hadn't closed.
Pros
It was a job with a chance for advancement.
Cons
Not enough hours.