Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun place with a pool table.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton , OntarioMay 12, 2015
great place to work, great co- workers and supervisors.moved to Alberta and is looking of a similar place to belong. good employment is great but a good environment to work is even better.
Pros
nice pool table
Cons
non
Employment Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant / Reception (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 7, 2015
I found they paid slightly better than some of the other agencies, and got longer assignments with them.

Once you prove yourself with previous temp assignments, you have a much better chance of getting more opportunities. You become one of the top choices, of who gets called first for assignments.
Cons
No guarantees of when you will work, or for how long.
temporary warehouse and driving work
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 6, 2015
Randstad is a job agency located in burlington,

i worked for them for a while doing various jobs like order picking, shipping and driving cars for FORD
production line (Current Employee) –  stoney creekApril 18, 2015
arriving at work setting my line up great bunch of people to work with managers don't know to much what they are doing, only minimum wage
very good working environment.
Contract Worker (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONApril 10, 2015
They provide a very pleasant atmosphere to work in and are there for you one hundred percent. The co-workers are easy going and extremely helpful to new candidates.
Great placement . bad agency management
data entry (Former Employee) –  VaughanApril 7, 2015
missing pay. still not resolved

manager at randstad keeps delaying and will not answer your emails or Inquiries although they will contact you when they need you to complete training segments.

Calling in sick or day off and they will threaten that the company your placed at will fire you. even though placement company only let you go if you make work errors.

Same position with same company through another agency will pay much more.
Pros
You get a job
Cons
irresponsible manager, low pay
Good for beginners
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Anyone who forms a foundation to life is of great importance. Randstad has a lot of potentials to give individuals the experience they need to progress.
Good company. Honest . Staff was knowledgeable and good to work with.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 18, 2015
Overall Ranstad is a good company to be connected with. Staff are well informed.
Very productive learning experiences.
Held various heavy general labour jobs. Worked in warehouses, manufacturing company, assembling, spray washed exteriors.
Pros
productive learning experiences.
Productive and functional workplace with great employees.
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  BrantfordMarch 14, 2015
I worked through a temp service so everywhere I went that was different had separate routines. The employees were always super helpful when needed and were very efficient with making sure everyone knew what they were doing.
fast paced
temporary employee (Former Employee) –  calgary, abFebruary 24, 2015
Good place to find employment throughout the city of Calgary. was laid off and they found me quick employment withing a few days.
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonFebruary 24, 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
n/a
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
Great Staff
General Labourer / Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Awesome group to deal with.
Knowledgeable staff, easy to deal with and very helpful.
They always have the workers best interest in mind.
Helpful staff
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Very helpful staff members; professionals; they respect me and my work. They appreciate and encourage me. I enjoy working for these companies.
Pros
helpful staff.
Cons
i hope i get a long term assignment.
Productive workplace with easy-going staff
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2015
• Assemble, install and adjust machinery and equipment for the Styrofoam manufacturing company
• Perform all tasks with superior adherence to safety guidelines and company expectations
• Conduct preventative and reactive maintenance programs and maintain corresponding records
• Set up or molding and dies
Great place to work!
Certified Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.

Randstad Staffing specializes in temporary staffing and permanent placement for specific industry sectors. A key factor that differentiates Randstad Staffing from other companies is our unique unit structure. Each unit consists of two consultants who are responsible for both client service and candidate selection. Our staffing consultants work as a team; ensuring one is always available to both clients and candidates. They work hard to develop an understanding of how each client operates and who will meet their hiring needs, while also getting to know each applicant - to understand the skills, experience and qualities that will help them find the right job fit.
productive
labeler/line worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 5, 2015
fast past
i liked working in a team
there were lots of thing you could do so you were never standing around not doing anything there was always something to keep you busy if you were done your ob its all about team work
Pros
payed lunch
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2015
I was registered for several months and only received a call for one job, which never panned out because they failed to call me back to give me the details. My recruiter was quick to get me enrolled, but did nothing after that point. I kept receiving job descriptions by email about jobs that I was not qualified for. I ended up leaving because they were unwilling to help.

Most of the job postings are just a repeat of the exact same posting several times to make it look like they have a lot of jobs.

This is just my experience and I know others have had great experiences with them, but I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
Staffing Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Adequate, typical temporary assignment agency.
They try to match you with a company.
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OntarioJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
Pros
easy, simple work.
Cons
inconsistent work opportunities.