Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, Fast-paced environment,
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioOctober 7, 2014
No job is hard, unless there is a lack in willingness to grow and learn within the job. I have been fortunate to be given the opprotunity to advance my skills to better my future and be an asset to a company. I have learned time-management, meeting critical deadlines, extensive knowledge on Microsoft Office, Administrative Support, and invoicing for major projects. Management has been extremely supportive and has always guided me in the right direction and coaching to better myself in my job. On a daily basis, I am a key support for my team and Engineers with various tasks and deadlines. Meeting critical deadlines are essential, especially when dealing with vendors on major projects to ensure project execution on the largest most complex investment untaken by a company.
Pros
postive coaching, meeting critical deadlines, growing my knowledge as an administrative support
Cons
n/a
Productive, fast pace environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND STAFFING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
Responsible for generating new leads, and nurture the existing clients by filling in the open position with the best talent. Learned to operate in a very fast pace, dynamic environment. Being a 360 Degree role, the hardest part of the job was to work in an open space environment where each of us was responsible for assisting incoming calls while achieving personal sales quota. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for your team and support each other. I was lucky enough to be part of an amazing team with an exceptional manager.
Pros
great benefits, great learning curve
Cons
could get a little chaotic at times
Goes to bat for you
Temp (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2012
As a temp agency, they work tirelessly for you. If makes a person want to do their best at whatever they do. In terms of work/life balance, you're able to pick and choose so as to be able to live your life the way you want to. Every time you're placed, you meet great people, learn new skills and move forward. The opportunities they create are hard to find anywhere else.
Pros
diversity
Cons
little job security
Randstad itself is a great company, my department was not
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head OfficeDecember 5, 2013
Randstad is a really good company to work for, the department I worked for however was not. The company has lots of weekly and monthly events that make working for them fun. Other departments were very happy and the employees looked forward to coming to work everyday. The people in other departments had lunches together and liked their co workers. The department I worked for was an awful experience. There was little to no guidance and the managers did not have the skills necessary or the ability to be good managers. The company has a great atmosphere but our departments was very oppressive. Everyone had their headphones in and could not care less about who was sitting next to them. Any events the company was having were usually not attended by my department or were attended briefly. Most were looking for a way out of the department. We had a legit morale problem and the managers were unable to solve it by their halfhearted attempts. You will know within an hour which department this is if you get hired because there will be no attempt to integrate the new coworker within the department. You will be left to your own devices very quickly and most likely will not have an on boarding.
Pros
lunches, treat days, beer fridays
Cons
long hours required, poor management no guidence
A good company to work for
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 7, 2014
A day consists of opportunity to help different companies meet their productivity levels.

I've learned a lot!

Management is never an easy job.

Co-workers can be your friend and your enemy.

Hardest part of the job is believing in yourself.

Enjoyable part is being allowed to work, allowed to be busy, allowed to be productive, and to be appreciated for it.
Pros
i like both the variety of work and the continual ongoing work.
Cons
there is too many people wanting the same kind of work and not enough to go around.
Not very personable
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  BrantfordJuly 20, 2015
They aren't always the most attentive at finding an appropriate placement for you. They some times mislead you on the details of a job as well.
Pros
Usually have something for you
Cons
Not good at finding different types of placements.
Employment Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant / Reception (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 7, 2015
I found they paid slightly better than some of the other agencies, and got longer assignments with them.

Once you prove yourself with previous temp assignments, you have a much better chance of getting more opportunities. You become one of the top choices, of who gets called first for assignments.
Cons
No guarantees of when you will work, or for how long.
material hanler
1 Material handler (Former Employee) –  guelph ontarioMarch 23, 2014
fast paced and very dependable
enjoy making new friends
sometimes it can be hectic at times but all in all sometimes a lazy day lol
summers are more relaxing for the health and safety of their employees ,
friendly coworkers fun to joke and have fun on the job to make the time pass more quickly
the hardest part of the job is making your quota when the machines break down ,
i learned that when you work as a team player in the company things get done faster and better . there is no I in teamwork
management do try and keep things on the ball i give them 2 thumbs up
Pros
free cool down time during the summers and free ice cream
Cons
the only two i have are breaks are short and cafeteria isnt open on sundays
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2015
I was registered for several months and only received a call for one job, which never panned out because they failed to call me back to give me the details. My recruiter was quick to get me enrolled, but did nothing after that point. I kept receiving job descriptions by email about jobs that I was not qualified for. I ended up leaving because they were unwilling to help.

Most of the job postings are just a repeat of the exact same posting several times to make it look like they have a lot of jobs.

This is just my experience and I know others have had great experiences with them, but I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
randstad
order picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work but it is only temporary and most temporary to full time employment offers dont sign you on. Good pay most jobs are 14.00 an hour and up. You do not get benefits as its a temporary placement. Most job coaches want you to succeed and will help you as much as they possibly can. A lot of warehouse work at the randstad I was at.
Staffing Consultant
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 30, 2014
Mediocre management and subpar work environment. No work life balance. The pay is low.
DO NOT WORK FOR RANSTAD.
Temp work. (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Ontario CanadaJune 2, 2013
I hate to write a bad review for a business but Ranstad seriously deserves this one - Reading previous reviews I wasn't alone in how I felt.

I worked as a temp for Ranstad a few times. As a student I found them to be very unorganized. There was such a lack of information.. and at times they seemed completely clueless (starting/end times, pay and even basic protocol). I found employees to be very rude - I was even harassed by phone calls for taking a day off for personal matters (which I told them about in advance).

I would not recommend working here unless you like being talked down to and disrespected on a regular basis.
Pros
leaving.
Cons
long hours, rude employess.
My big break
Accounts Receivable/credits (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 11, 2015
This job was my introduction to an accounting related position, and this is where I wish to continue my career path. This was an excellent learning experience, and I have learned a lot and excelled my skills.

I really wish to continue in an accounting related position. I have a DEP in accounting, and frequently keep in touch with my studies as best as I can.
a temporary service.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 28, 2015
it was a temporary service what can I say. not enough hours and the places I was sent wasnt stable and the people were rude.
Pros
made money
Cons
not enough hours
Better when they were Spherion
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 1, 2012
I left for 2 months, came back since I could use their service any time when they were Spherion... Boom! Finding out the news that they have been taken over by Ranstad, barely any call backs when I give them my availability so it's much more harder and more competitive to get a job in my field. Now I'm stuck making fries to find a better job to pass the time - isn't that great? At least with Spherion the person who looked after my assignments was still there and it felt like a friendly environment, unlike Ranstad now - you just feel like another number. What bout the recent graduates? Where do they end up now? Most of what Ranstad is looking for are people with cars, 1 - 2 years+ experience, etc. The point that I'm getting at is some people don't have cars because they're saving up, some people who doesn't have that experience aren't that lucky with Ranstad any more since the job market is tight and they've expanded hence is why it's all limited now. If there are any placement agencies in Winnipeg that would kindly take the new college graduates right away that would be great.
Cons
barely any call backs, no call backs at all, limited jobs

Comment – May 4, 2012

You said here exactly the way I think about it. Thanks

Comment – July 19, 2012

Randstads standards and screening process Is far superior to Spherion! It's a fact. This is why you may not make the grade this time around. Sorry bud.

Great placement . bad agency management
data entry (Former Employee) –  VaughanApril 7, 2015
missing pay. still not resolved

manager at randstad keeps delaying and will not answer your emails or Inquiries although they will contact you when they need you to complete training segments.

Calling in sick or day off and they will threaten that the company your placed at will fire you. even though placement company only let you go if you make work errors.

Same position with same company through another agency will pay much more.
Pros
You get a job
Cons
irresponsible manager, low pay
Great Workplace, Underpar Supervison
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ONMay 24, 2015
At Dana, everyone would arrive approximately 5-15 minutes early, listen to an overview of what was going to be happening for the day, then go to the floor. Every hour we would rotate stations to prevent us from doing task with too much repetition and have three breaks (one every two hours).

I learned how to build and inspect their parts on multiple lines, as well as how to trouble shoot and solve mechanical issues when machinery was malfunctioning and the machine setters were busy elsewhere. Over my first two months, I also learned how to work my line as quickly and efficiently as some whom had been there for a year or two longer than I had.

My supervisor always seemed like he was great, very approachable and nice, until I realized that the issues that I would present to him wouldn't be resolved and he would pick favourites with employees.

Most of the co-workers at Dana were miserable people and some went out of their way to make their peer's work-life miserable as well. There were a select few that were either great to work with or neutral. There's an over-all lack of morale and the QC expert would pick and choose which quality she controlled based on who did her favours.

I didn't find working at Dana very hard, the tasks were simple enough, although it was difficult to keep up on some lines that I was unfamiliar with; nothing that I would not be confident that I could adjust to over time.

The sense of accomplishment I got was the most enjoyable part. Meeting quotas for the night and beating self-set goals over time made me feel like I was doing really well,
  more... which obviously feels great.  less
Pros
good benefits, three breaks
Cons
poor supervision, lack of team-work in a team environment, could have better pay for tasks
Good Company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2015
Very good staffing to go for starter job, specially for immigrants who just landed in Canada, as well as locals who just moved in, say from Toronto to Calgary.
It is a temp agency.
Account Payable Clerk (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 21, 2014
I actually had a good placement, but with no benefits or job security.

Not really unexpected, it is a temp agency.
Pros
no interview
Cons
no benefits, sick days, raises...
Okay job... if your desperate to have any job.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 26, 2014
A typical day at work is normal like any other job. Punch in, log in, and prepare to work 8 hours a day. There are a few things I learned from working for this agency/company. They mostly focus on productivity, punctuality, and not so much for safety. The management is okay, not the greatest but they're there if you need anything. My co-workers are okay some are friendly and some are not, depends who you meet and talk to. The most and hardest part of this job is that it's a very very fast pace environment. As a case picker at this warehouse, It's very hard labor and no consideration regardless of the weight of the items you pick. You are being timed every second, and hardly enough time for break. The only enjoyable thing about this job is "some" friendly people and the job itself, but except without the part where you're being treated as a slave!
Pros
"some" friendly co-workers
Cons
very very fast pace, very short break, no consideration of the weight of the items being picked, they expect you to pick them up same time regardless if it's heavy or not, and constantly drilling your behind to hit productivity percentage, not so fun!