Randstad

Randstad Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
DO NOT WORK FOR RANSTAD.
Temp work. (Former Employee), Waterloo Ontario CanadaJune 2, 2013
Pros: leaving.
Cons: long hours, rude employess.
I hate to write a bad review for a business but Ranstad seriously deserves this one - Reading previous reviews I wasn't alone in how I felt.

I worked as a temp for Ranstad a few times. As a student I found them to be very unorganized. There was such a lack of information.. and at times they seemed completely clueless (starting/end times, pay and even – more... basic protocol). I found employees to be very rude - I was even harassed by phone calls for taking a day off for personal matters (which I told them about in advance).

I would not recommend working here unless you like being talked down to and disrespected on a regular basis. – less
worst recruiter on planet
job seeker (Former Employee), mississaugaMay 28, 2013
Cons: worst firm of them all
Dont waste your time applying. Half the roles are fake and their recruiters are inept.

If you are a client using them good luck
Temporary Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2013
I am working with Randstad to get back into the flow of Administrative work, after leaving the Federal government after many yars.
Interviewer did not understand what I was explaining to her - Awful
Sales Analysis (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2013
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: i'll never get that hour back, nor the hour i spent driving to this terrible place
I was rejected for two positions after an interview and it was so horrible that I almost walked out part way through. The interviewer insisted that I give her names for former managers when I explained to her that the company in question does not give personal references. It simply wasn't good enough to contact the HR department of any company and references – more... of former managers I provided were systematically "scratched" for ridiculous reasons. I also pointed her to the numerous references left on my Linkedin profile which she refused to consider.

She also couldn't understand how my prior work in a nearly identical role made me a good candidate for these jobs. She tried to pigeonhole me into saying I either wanted to work for a large or small company which did not matter to be and I told her exactly that.

She concluded the interview by asking me if I could lift 50 pounds over my head. I asked her how that was relevant to an office position, and she had no answer. – less
Horrible, unprofessional, and doesn't fit the candidates to the right jobs...
Intermediate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 30, 2013
Cons: horrible service, unprofessional, unethical, and set you up to fail...
Horrible... Unprofessional... Unethical...

They hired me for a contract and set me up to fail. They were extremely rude to me and treated me like an idiot. I was placed in a contract and I was not given the full details. I was set up to fail by my recruiter and her colleague. I would NEVER recommend Randstad to anyone... Avoid them at all costs! They – more... are unethical and unprofessional... The high school mentality and unprofessional demeanour are frequent from what I have experienced and read on other reviews of them... They breached labour laws on overtime and threatened me... How immature... – less
Young, unprofessional staff
Admin (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 23, 2013
The staff have no professionalism, they rarely return emails or calls, and for a placement agency there sure isn't much placement going on. I went elsewhere and had much quicker results. Don't waste your time with this company...I had a few people warn me but I didn't listen.
I should have, this company was a complete waste of my time.
excellent learning opportunity
Telecommunication Apprentice (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 18, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: there was sometimes nothing to do
When I was working as a telecommunication apprentice at the DND dockyard, I usually learned something new every day and I enjoyed myself. The people were great to work for because they were full of enthusiasm and always liked to teach me something new. A typical day at work would look like this, I would walk into the office at 7 30 am and I would wait – more... until my co workers wanted to complete some work and I would go with them to a job site. At the job site I was usually given a job to either help pull new wires in or test and terminate new wires. I found that the work was very technical and could be physically demanding at times but I learned a lot about telecommunication and I thoroughly enjoyed my job. I would of liked to stay there but the government only created a six month long position to assist the people at the base until my assistance was no longer needed. – less
It's a good place to get work, but.
Labourer (Former Employee), BramptonApril 2, 2013
Pros: fast work
Cons: a little inconsistent
It's a good place to get you work and they do it rather quickly but the worker I had was rarely at her desk, and wasn't very helpful trying to find my missing check, but having said that it can't reflect all of the workers there so I still say it's a good agency.
Worst company on the planet!!!!!!!
employee (Former Employee), DixieMarch 27, 2013
From my personal experience, I would suggest everyone to apply directly to the companies rather then through this agency. This is pure non-sense!

treat people like slaves!
TERRIBLE!!!
didn't work there (Former Employee), BramptonFebruary 26, 2013
Cons: everything
This has to be the VERY WORST Company I've ever dealt with. We had an person placed here, the staid just long enough for our contract to expire and we were out $10,000.00 and had no employee!!!! I don't ever want to find out if that was just a coincidence.
Good entry level experience
Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2013
This was a good start to my career in Human Resources. I learned the ins and outs of agency life and recruitment, honed my skill for recruiting, and the environment was fast paced and very sales oriented, so HR in a corporate environment was a breeze after having this experience.
Worked temporary positions in fish cannery and loading warehouse
Worker (Former Employee), RichmondFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: not enough work
This company is not very involved with its employees. We were mostly in contact with the companies that we were doing the work for.
They will get you employed!
General Labour (Former Employee), PickeringJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: long hours, great workout, friendly staff.
Cons: they make you work the long hours, backbreaking work, the supervisors at the placements don't know how to communicate in a respectful manner.
The Randstad staff I met were very friendly. But the employee at the placement treated us temps very terrible, I was shock at there cave man behaviour.
Terrible company to work!
Slave (Current Employee), PickeringJanuary 24, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Don't be fool by the fake reviews! Very unprofessional, low wages, they treat there employee like garbage, force you to work long hour and lecture you when you don't, I literally cry every night when I get home from work.
temp Replacement
Temporary Labour Replacement (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 17, 2013
completing a work assignment for ranstad will enable you to work long hours for very little money .
no ROE
accounts payable (Former Employee), Milgram and CompanyJanuary 15, 2013
Cons: unprofessional, deceitful
I have been requesting an ROE for over a month now, and they still have not sent one to Service Canada.
I have never seen such unprofessional behavior.
As a result, my EI claim has been postponed for over a month now, because of their incompetence.
On of the most horrible working experiences i have ever had.
Would never deal with them again, and if – more... anyone is contemplating, i stronly suggest to look elsewhere. – less
Well managed agency with highly professional recruiting team.
DBA Oracle (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: very diversified position -- tunnig, troublshooting, builds, script development
Cons: long commute time
+ About 10 Remedy tickets about DB malfunctions.
+ Oracle RMAN working with NetBackup (tape backup)
+ Management team was very well selected for the job
+ I was part of DBA team -- 15 knowlegable Oracle DBA
+ Timeframe for Production support -- 15 min reaction time
+ Building Oracle Database servers

June 15, 2013

Randstad is the worse company have ever work with in my entire life they are so unprofessional in all ways there are liars and users they use pple to work for them like a salves and there are very rude, and they just don't care about pple's feelings. I work with them for 1yrs now the company is slow I call them almost everyday to replace me with another company they refused. I call their office to get my hourly they told me not to go on EI, that they are going to find me a job but up till now no one did, they forbidden me going on EI because they trying to save their own reputation. All I can say is Randstad company is* wack*

A great company
Mail Room (Current Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJanuary 2, 2013
Very helpful in locating work and placing in the field you are interested in
Mailroom Clerk/File Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2012
Sort mail, photocopy and helping with clients requests. Worked well with co-workers. Enjoyed the clients and couriers.
Amazing... that is all.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 19, 2012
Great value of both clients and workers.
Respectful staff.
Great training.
Well organized.
Simply awesome!

About Randstad

Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second – Read more