Randstad Employee Reviews

Excellent job agency, highly reccommend
Final Assembler (Current Employee) –  Langley BC18 July 2015
Joined May 4th

A very big company

The salary and benefits are outstanding, covered fully 100%
If I were to describe my work environment, I would say it is an interesting experience, I am learning new things day by day more than my previous job I had. Most of the co-workers are friendly but I've seen some that are not willing to co operate for any task that is given. The supervisors are very helpful people, they are very polite and take everything easy and calm. I am glad to be apart of the team.

I would like to thank my job agent for giving me such a wonderful experience at Philips
Have enjoyed working at all locations I have been sent to.
Warehouse Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2013
At my last assignment, I was working the afternoon shift which i really enjoyed, order picking. Unfortunately when work slows down the temp agency people are sent home first. I found that the supervisors are not approachable, do not take suggestions or concerns seriously.
Pros
Flexibility, i can turn down a job if unsuitable for me.
Cons
No raises and no health benefits, contracts are somtimes too long to fullfil in order to be hired on by a company.
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a job.
There have convenient locations everywhere in Canada.
Jobs are updated on a daily basis and you can start asap.
They need to work on Benefits/Insurance
There is always room for improvement,
Pros
Jobs available weekly
Cons
Lomg term benefits/Insurance
They post ads that don't exist
labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2015
I went through the testing and registration then applied for numerous positions that were advertised only to be told by a staff member that they don't actually have those spots to fill,they do it to get resumes in the door. I call it job creation for the staff so that they have a job. I registered in may and after months passed they haven't given me any work. ...TOTALLY WASTE OF ANYBODYS TIME
Pros
Cons
dishonest unreliable
valuable experience of Canadian Industry as I was new permanent resident.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 December 2015
I worked for 3 months. Initially I was sent to a factory in Guelph. But somehow or the other I could not click there. randstad Guelph was quick to realize the situation and shifted me to Lanimar Guelph,ON, Canada. I worked there for 3 months and had a wonderful experience as assembler. Thanks to randstad team Guelph, ON, Canada.
no full time jobs and very low wages
factory (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 December 2015
No full time jobs but you work for very low wages and the promise of full time position worked for 9 months for company and moved to Paris and was told that I would not be going to Paris so I would say that this is not very good company to work for so do not believe all that is promised to you
Pros
Cons
no fill time jobs and low wages
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton24 February 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
N/A
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
Productive and nice environment
filling machine operator (Former Employee) –  brampton, on31 January 2016
Company was very much attached to their workers. It was a non-technical job for me but they provided each and every guidance possible
garbage staff
N/A (Former Employee) –  n/a8 February 2016
most of their recruiting staff are not trained well and hire people who have indian last names.waste of time for new applicants
Pros
if you have south asian last name
Cons
everything else
Ok Agency
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2015
I worked for Randstad for a couple of years and they were a fine agency. Never gave me any trouble but it never felt very personal. I was just filling a job and that was it. The jobs they placed me in were fine and they paid OK. I left to try and find better paying work elsewhere.
Pros
found me work quickly
Cons
did not feel very personal, just another job and worker to them
Goes to bat for you
Temp (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2012
As a temp agency, they work tirelessly for you. If makes a person want to do their best at whatever they do. In terms of work/life balance, you're able to pick and choose so as to be able to live your life the way you want to. Every time you're placed, you meet great people, learn new skills and move forward. The opportunities they create are hard to find anywhere else.
Pros
diversity
Cons
little job security
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario24 January 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 January 2015
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
Pros
easy, simple work.
Cons
inconsistent work opportunities.
First Assignment
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2016
This is my first assignment with Randstad. I'm very happy with the position I was placed in, love the location, the people I work with and the work I'm doing.
Interesting, meeting new people
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 December 2014
This is a very time demanding job. You must have excellent time management and people skills.

This job requires you to be very tough skinned, this is also a sales job, you are required to win new business.

You are very busy, your days fly by.
Pros
people, co-workers
Cons
Randstad itself is a great company, my department was not
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head Office5 December 2013
Randstad is a really good company to work for, the department I worked for however was not. The company has lots of weekly and monthly events that make working for them fun. Other departments were very happy and the employees looked forward to coming to work everyday. The people in other departments had lunches together and liked their co workers. The department I worked for was an awful experience. There was little to no guidance and the managers did not have the skills necessary or the ability to be good managers. The company has a great atmosphere but our departments was very oppressive. Everyone had their headphones in and could not care less about who was sitting next to them. Any events the company was having were usually not attended by my department or were attended briefly. Most were looking for a way out of the department. We had a legit morale problem and the managers were unable to solve it by their halfhearted attempts. You will know within an hour which department this is if you get hired because there will be no attempt to integrate the new coworker within the department. You will be left to your own devices very quickly and most likely will not have an on boarding.
Pros
Lunches, treat days, beer fridays
Cons
long hours required, poor management no guidence
Productive, Fast-paced environment,
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario7 October 2014
No job is hard, unless there is a lack in willingness to grow and learn within the job. I have been fortunate to be given the opprotunity to advance my skills to better my future and be an asset to a company. I have learned time-management, meeting critical deadlines, extensive knowledge on Microsoft Office, Administrative Support, and invoicing for major projects. Management has been extremely supportive and has always guided me in the right direction and coaching to better myself in my job. On a daily basis, I am a key support for my team and Engineers with various tasks and deadlines. Meeting critical deadlines are essential, especially when dealing with vendors on major projects to ensure project execution on the largest most complex investment untaken by a company.
Pros
Postive coaching, meeting critical deadlines, growing my knowledge as an Administrative Support
Cons
N/A
Productive and fun to work with
Pharmaceutical Production Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2014
Good communication and helpful. Hectic. Team work. management could be better. good co-workers. long hours standing. mingled and helping each other
Pros
pharmaceutical procedure
Cons
Low payment
Productive, fast pace environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND STAFFING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2014
Responsible for generating new leads, and nurture the existing clients by filling in the open position with the best talent. Learned to operate in a very fast pace, dynamic environment. Being a 360 Degree role, the hardest part of the job was to work in an open space environment where each of us was responsible for assisting incoming calls while achieving personal sales quota. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for your team and support each other. I was lucky enough to be part of an amazing team with an exceptional manager.
Pros
Great benefits, great learning curve
Cons
Could get a little chaotic at times
material hanler
1 Material handler (Former Employee) –  guelph ontario23 March 2014
fast paced and very dependable
enjoy making new friends
sometimes it can be hectic at times but all in all sometimes a lazy day lol
summers are more relaxing for the health and safety of their employees ,
friendly coworkers fun to joke and have fun on the job to make the time pass more quickly
the hardest part of the job is making your quota when the machines break down ,
i learned that when you work as a team player in the company things get done faster and better . there is no I in teamwork
management do try and keep things on the ball i give them 2 thumbs up
Pros
free cool down time during the summers and free ice cream
Cons
the only two i have are breaks are short and cafeteria isnt open on sundays