Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

fast paced
temporary employee (Former Employee) –  calgary, abFebruary 24, 2015
Good place to find employment throughout the city of Calgary. was laid off and they found me quick employment withing a few days.
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonFebruary 24, 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
n/a
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
Great Staff
General Labourer / Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Awesome group to deal with.
Knowledgeable staff, easy to deal with and very helpful.
They always have the workers best interest in mind.
Helpful staff
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Very helpful staff members; professionals; they respect me and my work. They appreciate and encourage me. I enjoy working for these companies.
Pros
helpful staff.
Cons
i hope i get a long term assignment.
Productive workplace with easy-going staff
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2015
• Assemble, install and adjust machinery and equipment for the Styrofoam manufacturing company
• Perform all tasks with superior adherence to safety guidelines and company expectations
• Conduct preventative and reactive maintenance programs and maintain corresponding records
• Set up or molding and dies
Great place to work!
Certified Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.

Randstad Staffing specializes in temporary staffing and permanent placement for specific industry sectors. A key factor that differentiates Randstad Staffing from other companies is our unique unit structure. Each unit consists of two consultants who are responsible for both client service and candidate selection. Our staffing consultants work as a team; ensuring one is always available to both clients and candidates. They work hard to develop an understanding of how each client operates and who will meet their hiring needs, while also getting to know each applicant - to understand the skills, experience and qualities that will help them find the right job fit.
productive
labeler/line worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 5, 2015
fast past
i liked working in a team
there were lots of thing you could do so you were never standing around not doing anything there was always something to keep you busy if you were done your ob its all about team work
Pros
payed lunch
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2015
I was registered for several months and only received a call for one job, which never panned out because they failed to call me back to give me the details. My recruiter was quick to get me enrolled, but did nothing after that point. I kept receiving job descriptions by email about jobs that I was not qualified for. I ended up leaving because they were unwilling to help.

Most of the job postings are just a repeat of the exact same posting several times to make it look like they have a lot of jobs.

This is just my experience and I know others have had great experiences with them, but I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
Staffing Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Adequate, typical temporary assignment agency.
They try to match you with a company.
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OntarioJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
Pros
easy, simple work.
Cons
inconsistent work opportunities.
tempoorary work agency
warehouse asociate (Former Employee) –  calgaryJanuary 20, 2015
They found me a job that had the potential to lead to a perm full time job. They sent me to a place that suited my skill set and made sure that i liked where i was. All and all for a temp agency they did a very good job. The staff at ranstad continued to try and find me a better job after i left them. They continue to send me e-mails of jobs they feel that i might like or be qualified for
Pros
worked to find a good job for me
Cons
pay was lacking
good and safe environment to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2015
great satisfaction when work is properly done and good salary
Randstad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 18, 2015
Randstad worked hard to find me a position that utilized my skills and education. They were pleasant and outgoing.
Pros
less work in finding a position for new people arriving in the province
Cons
didn't know much about what was going on within a company ex: treatment of employees/temps
FUN
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2015
It is a great place to work, everybody in this job place are great and outgoing
My big break
Accounts Receivable/credits (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 11, 2015
This job was my introduction to an accounting related position, and this is where I wish to continue my career path. This was an excellent learning experience, and I have learned a lot and excelled my skills.

I really wish to continue in an accounting related position. I have a DEP in accounting, and frequently keep in touch with my studies as best as I can.
good
placement temp work (Former Employee) –  burlingtonDecember 29, 2014
good
........
......
.......

good reliable employment

temporary
bad
Productive and fun to work with
Pharmaceutical Production Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2014
Good communication and helpful. Hectic. Team work. management could be better. good co-workers. long hours standing. mingled and helping each other
Pros
pharmaceutical procedure
Cons
low payment
randstad
order picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work but it is only temporary and most temporary to full time employment offers dont sign you on. Good pay most jobs are 14.00 an hour and up. You do not get benefits as its a temporary placement. Most job coaches want you to succeed and will help you as much as they possibly can. A lot of warehouse work at the randstad I was at.
Interesting, meeting new people
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 12, 2014
This is a very time demanding job. You must have excellent time management and people skills.

This job requires you to be very tough skinned, this is also a sales job, you are required to win new business.

You are very busy, your days fly by.
Pros
people, co-workers