Randstad

Randstad Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HORRIBLE AGENCY
Data Entry (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: too much to list
This agency sucks. The recruiters are rude. Job postings are fake. One told me they post some jobs to get new people to register with them. They provide jobs to their "favourites" BS agency.
Close to ctrain
Receptionist- Temporary (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
My experience with Ranstad was pleasant. They assisted with my job search and was very professional about it.
Enjoyed the working conditions
Dispensing Operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 8, 2013
* Afternoon Shifts on a fixed schedule and enjoyed the working area.
* I learned that every detail was a priority, as we had our customers health at risk and safety was always a priority.
* Management was great
* Enjoyed the team environment and working with them
* Last minute scheduling for after midnight overtime
* Great working with the people there – more... and the team work environment. – less
Great working environment with excellent coworkers.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2013
Pros: great work environment.
A typical day at work would begin early as 8:00 and end as late as 6:30 pm. As a bilingual customer service representative, I was responsible for handling payroll and billing inquiries of our employees. I developed a great sense of knowledge in payroll and billings process. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to come into work with a great – more... group of individuals with such professionalism and work ethic. – less
Great Entry Level Experience-- Low on rewards/high burnout
Account Manager (Current Employee), GTAJune 19, 2013
Pros: good experience, positive relationships with coworkers, speedy advancement
Cons: poor training, lack of support, unrealistic performance expectations, little opportunity for growth beyond a certain level
A great place for new HR grads to get usable experience. This job forces one to be organized and work in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines and strict performance expectations. Unfortunately, these expectations are beyond what is achievable in a 40 hour work-week. Training is rushed and informal. The organization runs very lean and support – more... is lacking. Coworkers are enjoyable, as most are from similar backgrounds/stages in life. The most difficult part about working for Randstad is the constantly changing expectations that come with client service-- filling last minute requests, staying late, etc. Randstad management can be overbearing, offering a lot of criticisms but little in the way of support/solutions. – less
Productive, calm workplace.
data entry (Former Employee), montreal, qcJune 17, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere and calm.
Cons: sometimes too calm.
For the company I worked at everyone was friendly, I would go to work, sit at my desk and create profiles for donation receipts. My contract got extended from 2 weeks to about 2 months. Toward the end of my contract, I assisted the Head of Finance with her expense report by gathering data and placing the information on her balance sheet for 2012 and – more... 2013. – less
Terrible agency to deal with
Skilled labour (Former Employee), Region of WaterlooJune 13, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: everything else
I worked a long term placement with Randstad (over 5 years) and in the end they were fighting with me about paying out severance. They are impossible to contact, they do not communicate effectively with the company you are placed with and they do not fight for you (you are TEMPORARY, do not forget it!). Over my stay with Randstad I had 4 different people – more... looking after me, only one of which was any good and he left because he got a better job somewhere else. The recruiters were rude and hard to deal with. You could tell that they do not care about their jobs or the people that they manage.
I will never work for a placement agency again, especially Randstad. – less
Randstad
Labourer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 11, 2013
Cons: rude placement staff
I have never written a bad review about a temp company before however I feel I need to re-iterate the comments that the employees that are placing people in positions are not well trained and the ONLY word that comes to mind in my personal dealings is RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL. They claim to work in partners however, the right hand doesn't know what the – more... left hand is doing ever. I guess it is appropriate to speak to employees that are their business in any manner and it is assumed the employees will do their job for them.

Canada's #1 Recruiter??? SAD and probably yet another lie
Worst experience of my life! If I could have given zero stars I would have – less
fast pace environment
HR and Recruitment Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: unpaid
Using Microsoft Outlook as e-mail communication program
• Using Pro Connect as candidates database search
• Screening resumes to find perfect candidates for job postings
• Participated in Interviews of potential candidates
• Performing candidates' reference check
Job Security
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Tri-City AreaJune 4, 2013
I have worked for this company as a consultant, recruiter, account manager.
Never did I receive a set contract and employment was scattered at best.
I have moved on to find a more permanent position elsewhere.
DO NOT WORK FOR RANSTAD.
Temp work. (Former Employee), Waterloo Ontario CanadaJune 2, 2013
Pros: leaving.
Cons: long hours, rude employess.
I hate to write a bad review for a business but Ranstad seriously deserves this one - Reading previous reviews I wasn't alone in how I felt.

I worked as a temp for Ranstad a few times. As a student I found them to be very unorganized. There was such a lack of information.. and at times they seemed completely clueless (starting/end times, pay and even – more... basic protocol). I found employees to be very rude - I was even harassed by phone calls for taking a day off for personal matters (which I told them about in advance).

I would not recommend working here unless you like being talked down to and disrespected on a regular basis. – less
worst recruiter on planet
job seeker (Former Employee), mississaugaMay 28, 2013
Cons: worst firm of them all
Dont waste your time applying. Half the roles are fake and their recruiters are inept.

If you are a client using them good luck
Temporary Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2013
I am working with Randstad to get back into the flow of Administrative work, after leaving the Federal government after many yars.
Interviewer did not understand what I was explaining to her - Awful
Sales Analysis (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2013
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: i'll never get that hour back, nor the hour i spent driving to this terrible place
I was rejected for two positions after an interview and it was so horrible that I almost walked out part way through. The interviewer insisted that I give her names for former managers when I explained to her that the company in question does not give personal references. It simply wasn't good enough to contact the HR department of any company and references – more... of former managers I provided were systematically "scratched" for ridiculous reasons. I also pointed her to the numerous references left on my Linkedin profile which she refused to consider.

She also couldn't understand how my prior work in a nearly identical role made me a good candidate for these jobs. She tried to pigeonhole me into saying I either wanted to work for a large or small company which did not matter to be and I told her exactly that.

She concluded the interview by asking me if I could lift 50 pounds over my head. I asked her how that was relevant to an office position, and she had no answer. – less
Horrible, unprofessional, and doesn't fit the candidates to the right jobs...
Intermediate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 30, 2013
Cons: horrible service, unprofessional, unethical, and set you up to fail...
Horrible... Unprofessional... Unethical...

They hired me for a contract and set me up to fail. They were extremely rude to me and treated me like an idiot. I was placed in a contract and I was not given the full details. I was set up to fail by my recruiter and her colleague. I would NEVER recommend Randstad to anyone... Avoid them at all costs! They – more... are unethical and unprofessional... The high school mentality and unprofessional demeanour are frequent from what I have experienced and read on other reviews of them... They breached labour laws on overtime and threatened me... How immature... – less
Young, unprofessional staff
Admin (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 23, 2013
The staff have no professionalism, they rarely return emails or calls, and for a placement agency there sure isn't much placement going on. I went elsewhere and had much quicker results. Don't waste your time with this company...I had a few people warn me but I didn't listen.
I should have, this company was a complete waste of my time.
excellent learning opportunity
Telecommunication Apprentice (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 18, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: there was sometimes nothing to do
When I was working as a telecommunication apprentice at the DND dockyard, I usually learned something new every day and I enjoyed myself. The people were great to work for because they were full of enthusiasm and always liked to teach me something new. A typical day at work would look like this, I would walk into the office at 7 30 am and I would wait – more... until my co workers wanted to complete some work and I would go with them to a job site. At the job site I was usually given a job to either help pull new wires in or test and terminate new wires. I found that the work was very technical and could be physically demanding at times but I learned a lot about telecommunication and I thoroughly enjoyed my job. I would of liked to stay there but the government only created a six month long position to assist the people at the base until my assistance was no longer needed. – less
It's a good place to get work, but.
Labourer (Former Employee), BramptonApril 2, 2013
Pros: fast work
Cons: a little inconsistent
It's a good place to get you work and they do it rather quickly but the worker I had was rarely at her desk, and wasn't very helpful trying to find my missing check, but having said that it can't reflect all of the workers there so I still say it's a good agency.
Worst company on the planet!!!!!!!
employee (Former Employee), DixieMarch 27, 2013
From my personal experience, I would suggest everyone to apply directly to the companies rather then through this agency. This is pure non-sense!

treat people like slaves!
TERRIBLE!!!
didn't work there (Former Employee), BramptonFebruary 26, 2013
Cons: everything
This has to be the VERY WORST Company I've ever dealt with. We had an person placed here, the staid just long enough for our contract to expire and we were out $10,000.00 and had no employee!!!! I don't ever want to find out if that was just a coincidence.

About Randstad

Randstad Holding N.V. is a worldwide temporary employment company specializing in flexible work and human resources (HR) services, – Read more