Randstad

Randstad Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Temporary assignment/placement agency
General Labourer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling based on your availability
Cons: no guarantee for working hours
-assignments varied from shipping/receiving to light manufacturing based on my skills,experience, education and interest

- learn a wide range of skills from constantly having to learn and adapt to new working environment
poor
horrilble company (Former Employee), mississauga ontDecember 15, 2013
horrible agency to work for ... i never worked in labour but all the jobs they send was labour, very poor personal interview you when you go to the agency office.. the girls there are so asked you the most dumbest questions.... have 17 years of office experience and wants you to work in the factory jobs.....
Lots to learn and challenging
SALES AND STAFFING Consultant (Current Employee), Montreal, QcDecember 12, 2013
Great way to learn how to properly develop a market, 360 staffing solution. Fun environment!
Randstad itself is a great company, my department was not
Administrator (Former Employee), Head OfficeDecember 5, 2013
Pros: lunches, treat days, beer fridays
Cons: long hours required, poor management no guidence
Randstad is a really good company to work for, the department I worked for however was not. The company has lots of weekly and monthly events that make working for them fun. Other departments were very happy and the employees looked forward to coming to work everyday. The people in other departments had lunches together and liked their co workers. The – more... department I worked for was an awful experience. There was little to no guidance and the managers did not have the skills necessary or the ability to be good managers. The company has a great atmosphere but our departments was very oppressive. Everyone had their headphones in and could not care less about who was sitting next to them. Any events the company was having were usually not attended by my department or were attended briefly. Most were looking for a way out of the department. We had a legit morale problem and the managers were unable to solve it by their halfhearted attempts. You will know within an hour which department this is if you get hired because there will be no attempt to integrate the new coworker within the department. You will be left to your own devices very quickly and most likely will not have an on boarding. – less
Productive and good workplace
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: temporary work
It was a good company to work for, although it was not a permanent position.
Good for temporary work
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 3, 2013
Often had assignments, some assignments were for a decent period of time, pay grade seemed low often, assignments could end at any time, sometimes didn't follow through on over time pay.
factory work
General Labour (Former Employee), missisaugaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: extra break
Cons: lot of stress on production
machine operator. i learned time management there was a lot of stress on production. the most enjoyable part of the job was the extra break. co-workers were supportive
Lots of Work Available
Clerk I/Clerk II (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2013
Good pay, good staff, good location, may be hard to find a permanent job.
Fun place with internal activities
Billing Administrator (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: learn & free lunch monthly
Cons: moody co-workers
A day at work should be with happiness and willingness to learn and do the job properly and effectively.
Don't get hurt!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, OntarioSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: too many to list
I got injured while on assignment and the client let me go and Ranstad didn't want to even know my name anymore.
They claimed it wasn't a workplace injury.
It was 100% but ended up not serious so I didn't have to pursue it.
When I see an advertisement from Ranstad I bypass it immediately.
They still send me e-mails periodically for placements, I'd like – more... to say "they got some nerve" but the truth is they are that dis-organized they don't even realize.

Obviously they can't fill their positions and are scrambling for candidates.
I've been around the warehousing industry for 30 years and I see jobs listed by Ranstad and other agencies that have been on the temp market for 10+ years, the positions never stay filled because they are that bad and the companies just shop them around from one agency to another.

My advice to anyone looking for employment is that you are better off to seek permanent employment with a company that is hiring directly. Although some companies do hire agency people, the majority of the time it is just "dangling the carrot" to increase productivity and nothing will ever come of it.

I've worked at assignment were the companie utilizes 60 or 70 temps and hires about 1 or 2 a year so the other 68 will think they might get the "brass ring".
Not for me, thanks! – less
Does not give you all the info they should about the assignment
warehouse worker (Former Employee), kitchener, OntarioSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: everything else
I was told the hours of the job and when i got there I found out its one of those jobs you go till your finished your work, so some days are longer and some shorter, this should be told too person before starting. Also they say you can get hired after 3 months and once working i find out no one is hired and no guarantee when it might happen or if it – more... will.One other issue is they post the wage as a range ex $xx - $xx hr, based on experience, well they always give you the lower end of the wage no matter if your more then qualified for position. – less
Have enjoyed working at all locations I have been sent to.
Warehouse Production Worker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility, i can turn down a job if unsuitable for me.
Cons: no raises and no health benefits, contracts are somtimes too long to fullfil in order to be hired on by a company.
At my last assignment, I was working the afternoon shift which i really enjoyed, order picking. Unfortunately when work slows down the temp agency people are sent home first. I found that the supervisors are not approachable, do not take suggestions or concerns seriously.
HORRIBLE AGENCY
Data Entry (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: too much to list
This agency sucks. The recruiters are rude. Job postings are fake. One told me they post some jobs to get new people to register with them. They provide jobs to their "favourites" BS agency.
Close to ctrain
Receptionist- Temporary (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
My experience with Ranstad was pleasant. They assisted with my job search and was very professional about it.
Enjoyed the working conditions
Dispensing Operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 8, 2013
* Afternoon Shifts on a fixed schedule and enjoyed the working area.
* I learned that every detail was a priority, as we had our customers health at risk and safety was always a priority.
* Management was great
* Enjoyed the team environment and working with them
* Last minute scheduling for after midnight overtime
* Great working with the people there – more... and the team work environment. – less
Great working environment with excellent coworkers.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2013
Pros: great work environment.
A typical day at work would begin early as 8:00 and end as late as 6:30 pm. As a bilingual customer service representative, I was responsible for handling payroll and billing inquiries of our employees. I developed a great sense of knowledge in payroll and billings process. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to come into work with a great – more... group of individuals with such professionalism and work ethic. – less
Great Entry Level Experience-- Low on rewards/high burnout
Account Manager (Current Employee), GTAJune 19, 2013
Pros: good experience, positive relationships with coworkers, speedy advancement
Cons: poor training, lack of support, unrealistic performance expectations, little opportunity for growth beyond a certain level
A great place for new HR grads to get usable experience. This job forces one to be organized and work in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines and strict performance expectations. Unfortunately, these expectations are beyond what is achievable in a 40 hour work-week. Training is rushed and informal. The organization runs very lean and support – more... is lacking. Coworkers are enjoyable, as most are from similar backgrounds/stages in life. The most difficult part about working for Randstad is the constantly changing expectations that come with client service-- filling last minute requests, staying late, etc. Randstad management can be overbearing, offering a lot of criticisms but little in the way of support/solutions. – less
Productive, calm workplace.
data entry (Former Employee), montreal, qcJune 17, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere and calm.
Cons: sometimes too calm.
For the company I worked at everyone was friendly, I would go to work, sit at my desk and create profiles for donation receipts. My contract got extended from 2 weeks to about 2 months. Toward the end of my contract, I assisted the Head of Finance with her expense report by gathering data and placing the information on her balance sheet for 2012 and – more... 2013. – less
Terrible agency to deal with
Skilled labour (Former Employee), Region of WaterlooJune 13, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: everything else
I worked a long term placement with Randstad (over 5 years) and in the end they were fighting with me about paying out severance. They are impossible to contact, they do not communicate effectively with the company you are placed with and they do not fight for you (you are TEMPORARY, do not forget it!). Over my stay with Randstad I had 4 different people – more... looking after me, only one of which was any good and he left because he got a better job somewhere else. The recruiters were rude and hard to deal with. You could tell that they do not care about their jobs or the people that they manage.
I will never work for a placement agency again, especially Randstad. – less
Randstad
Labourer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 11, 2013
Cons: rude placement staff
I have never written a bad review about a temp company before however I feel I need to re-iterate the comments that the employees that are placing people in positions are not well trained and the ONLY word that comes to mind in my personal dealings is RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL. They claim to work in partners however, the right hand doesn't know what the – more... left hand is doing ever. I guess it is appropriate to speak to employees that are their business in any manner and it is assumed the employees will do their job for them.

Canada's #1 Recruiter??? SAD and probably yet another lie
Worst experience of my life! If I could have given zero stars I would have – less

About Randstad

Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second – Read more