Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

valuable experience of Canadian Industry as I was new permanent resident.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 25, 2015
I worked for 3 months. Initially I was sent to a factory in Guelph. But somehow or the other I could not click there. randstad Guelph was quick to realize the situation and shifted me to Lanimar Guelph,ON, Canada. I worked there for 3 months and had a wonderful experience as assembler. Thanks to randstad team Guelph, ON, Canada.
Good
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Good, give opportunities to many entry level applicants. Management isn't always looking over at what you're doing. As long as you get the job done, you're good
They post ads that don't exist
labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 26, 2015
I went through the testing and registration then applied for numerous positions that were advertised only to be told by a staff member that they don't actually have those spots to fill,they do it to get resumes in the door. I call it job creation for the staff so that they have a job. I registered in may and after months passed they haven't given me any work. ...TOTALLY WASTE OF ANYBODYS TIME
Pros
Cons
dishonest unreliable
Productive and nice environment
filling machine operator (Former Employee) –  brampton, onJanuary 31, 2016
Company was very much attached to their workers. It was a non-technical job for me but they provided each and every guidance possible
Ok Agency
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
I worked for Randstad for a couple of years and they were a fine agency. Never gave me any trouble but it never felt very personal. I was just filling a job and that was it. The jobs they placed me in were fine and they paid OK. I left to try and find better paying work elsewhere.
Pros
found me work quickly
Cons
did not feel very personal, just another job and worker to them
First Assignment
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2016
This is my first assignment with Randstad. I'm very happy with the position I was placed in, love the location, the people I work with and the work I'm doing.
Have enjoyed working at all locations I have been sent to.
Warehouse Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2013
At my last assignment, I was working the afternoon shift which i really enjoyed, order picking. Unfortunately when work slows down the temp agency people are sent home first. I found that the supervisors are not approachable, do not take suggestions or concerns seriously.
Pros
flexibility, i can turn down a job if unsuitable for me.
Cons
no raises and no health benefits, contracts are somtimes too long to fullfil in order to be hired on by a company.
Good place too work.Friendly co-workers and team leaders.
Inspection (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 7, 2013
This is a wonderful company to work for. They have so much provide for their employees. The pay and benefits are great. There is always a reward for good performance. eg. lunches brought in and a seasonal B. Q. The people that work there are so great and the team leaders are the best. The only problem is they rarely hire full time so therefore you work as a temp forever with no benefits and temp wages.
Pros
restaurant style cafeteria, gym, good wages, monthly bonus, stock share.
Cons
do not hire full time quick enough.
randstad
order picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work but it is only temporary and most temporary to full time employment offers dont sign you on. Good pay most jobs are 14.00 an hour and up. You do not get benefits as its a temporary placement. Most job coaches want you to succeed and will help you as much as they possibly can. A lot of warehouse work at the randstad I was at.
Good team environment and friendly people.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ONJuly 9, 2015
Fast paced environment with some heavy lifting. I liked the people I worked with, friendly and cooperative. I learned the RF scanning system on top of a wide range of products. I really liked the lunch room, it was large and it had a range of vending machines. I was impressed with the management at Legacy, they were professional and very helpful. The Lady that hired me was very pleasant. She always had a ready smile. The lifting was the hardest part of the job because one had to assembly a lot of products onto skids. I liked the vibe at work, people were very friendly and happy to help out.
Pros
Special events, food, people.
Cons
pay rate. Distance to work.
Great Workplace, Underpar Supervison
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ONMay 24, 2015
At Dana, everyone would arrive approximately 5-15 minutes early, listen to an overview of what was going to be happening for the day, then go to the floor. Every hour we would rotate stations to prevent us from doing task with too much repetition and have three breaks (one every two hours).

I learned how to build and inspect their parts on multiple lines, as well as how to trouble shoot and solve mechanical issues when machinery was malfunctioning and the machine setters were busy elsewhere. Over my first two months, I also learned how to work my line as quickly and efficiently as some whom had been there for a year or two longer than I had.

My supervisor always seemed like he was great, very approachable and nice, until I realized that the issues that I would present to him wouldn't be resolved and he would pick favourites with employees.

Most of the co-workers at Dana were miserable people and some went out of their way to make their peer's work-life miserable as well. There were a select few that were either great to work with or neutral. There's an over-all lack of morale and the QC expert would pick and choose which quality she controlled based on who did her favours.

I didn't find working at Dana very hard, the tasks were simple enough, although it was difficult to keep up on some lines that I was unfamiliar with; nothing that I would not be confident that I could adjust to over time.

The sense of accomplishment I got was the most enjoyable part. Meeting quotas for the night and beating self-set goals over time made me feel like I was doing really well,
  more... which obviously feels great.  less
Pros
good benefits, three breaks
Cons
poor supervision, lack of team-work in a team environment, could have better pay for tasks
Financial world, very relaxed but evolving
Admin Assistant & Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
It's a good group of people that really asks your input and values options you bring forward. The office space is clean and crisp. A little too quiet but you can think!
Pros
Early shifts, they organize fun activities for the company to be involved as a team
Cons
Temporary assignment
Temporary Employment
CSA (Former Employee) –  North YorkDecember 7, 2015
A great and positive learning experience. All good. Training and trainers were quite helpful and professional. Informative and fun.

A great place to begin a career and thrive with in time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
a pleasure to work alongside the fabulous staff at the downtown division

the ability to be flexible in job placements throughout the year is a definite boon

Pros
short to long term contracts, vacation pay
Cons
assignments could possibly fluctuate with oil and gas sector's economy
great work environment
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 2, 2015
- very fast paced
- amazing team work
- ongoing coaching
- love helping people find job
- everyday learning something new
Pros
free lunches, flexible
Cons
nothing
Randstad
Customer Service and B2B Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 4, 2015
I had an amazing experience working with them. I feel like the reps in the north york banch really know how to make the right fits.
Pros
quick work
Cons
lack of work right now
good and safe environment to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2015
great satisfaction when work is properly done and good salary
LOTS OF DIFFERENT JOB OPPURTUNITIES
Order picking (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 8, 2014
THEY HAVE A LOT OF JOBS, BUT NONE THAT ARE WELL PAYING JOBS. I HOPE TO GET MORE WORK WITH RANDSTAD IN THE FUTURE BUT I REALLY HOPE THEY FIND WAYS TO PAY EMLOYEES BETTER.
Pros
various placements
Cons
low salary
friendly enviorment
GENERAL LABOUR (Former Employee) –  BRAMPTON,ONAugust 14, 2015
learned how to managed certain items.everyone in the work place was very friendly and outgoing and i never had any problem following instruction that was given
Cons
LONG HOURS
Nothing but trouble.
Accounts payable. (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 22, 2015
Went in and it sounded great. I have a lot of experience they found me a job right away for a week which was fine. I said anything short term /temp was fine. But after I worked it was almost a month before I got paid. My supervisor took zero responsibility in admitting that the problem came from their end.
I thought I would give them a second chance....well let's just say I will be looking for other placement agencies.
Pros
They have some great jobs. Pay was comparable
Cons
Fighting for work paid.