Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

valuable experience of Canadian Industry as I was new permanent resident.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 25, 2015
I worked for 3 months. Initially I was sent to a factory in Guelph. But somehow or the other I could not click there. randstad Guelph was quick to realize the situation and shifted me to Lanimar Guelph,ON, Canada. I worked there for 3 months and had a wonderful experience as assembler. Thanks to randstad team Guelph, ON, Canada.
no full time jobs and very low wages
factory (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONDecember 17, 2015
No full time jobs but you work for very low wages and the promise of full time position worked for 9 months for company and moved to Paris and was told that I would not be going to Paris so I would say that this is not very good company to work for so do not believe all that is promised to you
Pros
Cons
no fill time jobs and low wages
Excellent job agency, highly reccommend
Final Assembler (Current Employee) –  Langley BCJuly 18, 2015
Joined May 4th

A very big company

The salary and benefits are outstanding, covered fully 100%
If I were to describe my work environment, I would say it is an interesting experience, I am learning new things day by day more than my previous job I had. Most of the co-workers are friendly but I've seen some that are not willing to co operate for any task that is given. The supervisors are very helpful people, they are very polite and take everything easy and calm. I am glad to be apart of the team.

I would like to thank my job agent for giving me such a wonderful experience at Philips
Good team environment and friendly people.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ONJuly 9, 2015
Fast paced environment with some heavy lifting. I liked the people I worked with, friendly and cooperative. I learned the RF scanning system on top of a wide range of products. I really liked the lunch room, it was large and it had a range of vending machines. I was impressed with the management at Legacy, they were professional and very helpful. The Lady that hired me was very pleasant. She always had a ready smile. The lifting was the hardest part of the job because one had to assembly a lot of products onto skids. I liked the vibe at work, people were very friendly and happy to help out.
Pros
Special events, food, people.
Cons
pay rate. Distance to work.
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a job.
There have convenient locations everywhere in Canada.
Jobs are updated on a daily basis and you can start asap.
They need to work on Benefits/Insurance
There is always room for improvement,
Pros
Jobs available weekly
Cons
Lomg term benefits/Insurance
Productive and nice environment
filling machine operator (Former Employee) –  brampton, onJanuary 31, 2016
Company was very much attached to their workers. It was a non-technical job for me but they provided each and every guidance possible
Ok Agency
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
I worked for Randstad for a couple of years and they were a fine agency. Never gave me any trouble but it never felt very personal. I was just filling a job and that was it. The jobs they placed me in were fine and they paid OK. I left to try and find better paying work elsewhere.
Pros
found me work quickly
Cons
did not feel very personal, just another job and worker to them
garbage staff
N/A (Former Employee) –  n/aFebruary 8, 2016
most of their recruiting staff are not trained well and hire people who have indian last names.waste of time for new applicants
Pros
if you have south asian last name
Cons
everything else
First Assignment
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2016
This is my first assignment with Randstad. I'm very happy with the position I was placed in, love the location, the people I work with and the work I'm doing.
Extremely poor experience, they are like used car salesmen
Freelance looking for work (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC, CanadaSeptember 23, 2014
Extremely poor communication and some of their people were just plain dodgy. Some of their agents refused to state a salary for certain positions which made me think they were trying to milk maximum commission from the deal. I have several years of management and administrative experience and they were only interested in hooking me up with entry level, low paying positions. Then after several miscommunications they terminated my candidacy with no explanation or reason. They should be selling watches out of the back of a van.
Pros
lots of easy to get, low paying jobs
Cons
low paying jobs, poor communication, insincere behavior
Good place to acquire neccessary skills i social work and meet people
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 3, 2014
Working at Randstad care helped me to acquire important skills in the social service. Staff must be enthusiastic in wanting to learn if interested in developing himself /herself professionally.

The management were strict but very honest in judging staff. They are very professional and result oriented. They have huge numbers of employees in various disciplining just like London Borough of Enfield where New Options is a unit.

Excellent place to start a career in health and social work professions.

I had wonderful moments working with interesting clients and staff and some unpleasant moment as in most jobs. Through the job I had opportunities to visit places of interest in United kingdom and also some sober time with client that have behaviours that Challenge.

I saw the challenges in the job as an opportunity to grow in knowledge and skills
Pros
free lunch, two and half rate pay if work on bank holidays, flexible
Cons
long days and no employer pension
Great Team; Great Company
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 4, 2014
If I had to describe Randstad in one word, I would choose "Potential". There is ample potential to learn and make huge amounts of money. The company invests in their staff and wants them to be successful.

The hardest part is meeting the numbers and figuring out what it takes for you individually to be successful. You don't make much your first year or two, but after that, you're golden.

The management is great and offers good guidance, and the team is amazing and supportive.
Pros
team builders; work environment
Cons
low starting salary; target pressure
Great Entry Level Experience-- Low on rewards/high burnout
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  GTAJune 19, 2013
A great place for new HR grads to get usable experience. This job forces one to be organized and work in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines and strict performance expectations. Unfortunately, these expectations are beyond what is achievable in a 40 hour work-week. Training is rushed and informal. The organization runs very lean and support is lacking. Coworkers are enjoyable, as most are from similar backgrounds/stages in life. The most difficult part about working for Randstad is the constantly changing expectations that come with client service-- filling last minute requests, staying late, etc. Randstad management can be overbearing, offering a lot of criticisms but little in the way of support/solutions.
Pros
good experience, positive relationships with coworkers, speedy advancement
Cons
poor training, lack of support, unrealistic performance expectations, little opportunity for growth beyond a certain level
Financial world, very relaxed but evolving
Admin Assistant & Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
It's a good group of people that really asks your input and values options you bring forward. The office space is clean and crisp. A little too quiet but you can think!
Pros
Early shifts, they organize fun activities for the company to be involved as a team
Cons
Temporary assignment
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonFebruary 24, 2015
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Pros
n/a
Cons
temporary work and unfair management.
Temporary Employment
CSA (Former Employee) –  North YorkDecember 7, 2015
A great and positive learning experience. All good. Training and trainers were quite helpful and professional. Informative and fun.

terrible employees!!!!!
fitter welder (Former Employee) –  dJuly 16, 2015
so like previously stated, they will sign you up quick promise the world then continuously call you even if you have a job promising employment!so you book days off to get interviews but what they are all of a sudden on hold?????????? ya thats because these places just put whoever they can in any spot so they get their paycheques but lie to your face about opportunities. I've worked for multiple agencies this one being the worst and i haven't even got a job through them yet and they are all the same weather its guelph or Cambridge they are all terrible this company can rot for all i care!
Pros
nothing but promises unfilled
Cons
lies
great work environment
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 2, 2015
- very fast paced
- amazing team work
- ongoing coaching
- love helping people find job
- everyday learning something new
Pros
free lunches, flexible
Cons
nothing
Have enjoyed working at all locations I have been sent to.
Warehouse Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2013
At my last assignment, I was working the afternoon shift which i really enjoyed, order picking. Unfortunately when work slows down the temp agency people are sent home first. I found that the supervisors are not approachable, do not take suggestions or concerns seriously.
Pros
flexibility, i can turn down a job if unsuitable for me.
Cons
no raises and no health benefits, contracts are somtimes too long to fullfil in order to be hired on by a company.
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OntarioJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.