Randstad

Randstad Employee Reviews

productive
labeler/line worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 5, 2015
fast past
i liked working in a team
there were lots of thing you could do so you were never standing around not doing anything there was always something to keep you busy if you were done your ob its all about team work
Pros
payed lunch
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2015
I was registered for several months and only received a call for one job, which never panned out because they failed to call me back to give me the details. My recruiter was quick to get me enrolled, but did nothing after that point. I kept receiving job descriptions by email about jobs that I was not qualified for. I ended up leaving because they were unwilling to help.

Most of the job postings are just a repeat of the exact same posting several times to make it look like they have a lot of jobs.

This is just my experience and I know others have had great experiences with them, but I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
Staffing Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Adequate, typical temporary assignment agency.
They try to match you with a company.
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OntarioJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
Pros
easy, simple work.
Cons
inconsistent work opportunities.
tempoorary work agency
warehouse asociate (Former Employee) –  calgaryJanuary 20, 2015
They found me a job that had the potential to lead to a perm full time job. They sent me to a place that suited my skill set and made sure that i liked where i was. All and all for a temp agency they did a very good job. The staff at ranstad continued to try and find me a better job after i left them. They continue to send me e-mails of jobs they feel that i might like or be qualified for
Pros
worked to find a good job for me
Cons
pay was lacking
good and safe environment to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2015
great satisfaction when work is properly done and good salary
good
placement temp work (Former Employee) –  burlingtonDecember 29, 2014
good
........
......
.......

good reliable employment

temporary
bad
Productive and fun to work with
Pharmaceutical Production Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2014
Good communication and helpful. Hectic. Team work. management could be better. good co-workers. long hours standing. mingled and helping each other
Pros
pharmaceutical procedure
Cons
low payment
randstad
order picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work but it is only temporary and most temporary to full time employment offers dont sign you on. Good pay most jobs are 14.00 an hour and up. You do not get benefits as its a temporary placement. Most job coaches want you to succeed and will help you as much as they possibly can. A lot of warehouse work at the randstad I was at.
Interesting, meeting new people
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 12, 2014
This is a very time demanding job. You must have excellent time management and people skills.

This job requires you to be very tough skinned, this is also a sales job, you are required to win new business.

You are very busy, your days fly by.
Pros
people, co-workers
Poor company
general labor (Former Employee) –  ON,November 19, 2014
I registered with Randstad two years ago. I was offered a one week assignment though I've been applying always, not even one interview. Staff are rude, the girl who registered me was laughing at me when I applied for a labor job. I was in need for money though I have a degree in business.
registered with them
register (Former Employee) –  OakvilleNovember 8, 2014
Horrible company. You register with them, they say there is all these jobs. They basically lie and dont return calls or emails. They can't handle a work load or many clients. Their recruiters are slow and incompetent. Maybe for minimum wage jobs and for new immigrants they are ok. But really no respect to even return and call or email.
Cons
slow. stupid.
A good company to work for
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 7, 2014
A day consists of opportunity to help different companies meet their productivity levels.

I've learned a lot!

Management is never an easy job.

Co-workers can be your friend and your enemy.

Hardest part of the job is believing in yourself.

Enjoyable part is being allowed to work, allowed to be busy, allowed to be productive, and to be appreciated for it.
Pros
i like both the variety of work and the continual ongoing work.
Cons
there is too many people wanting the same kind of work and not enough to go around.
Great Team; Great Company
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 4, 2014
If I had to describe Randstad in one word, I would choose "Potential". There is ample potential to learn and make huge amounts of money. The company invests in their staff and wants them to be successful.

The hardest part is meeting the numbers and figuring out what it takes for you individually to be successful. You don't make much your first year or two, but after that, you're golden.

The management is great and offers good guidance, and the team is amazing and supportive.
Pros
team builders; work environment
Cons
low starting salary; target pressure
Great place!
Executive Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AbNovember 3, 2014
This place has it all: Awesome Culture, Great team, and very serious about their work.

I loved this place.
Pros
grerat team, very focused on the task at hand.
Cons
needs to add more support for their offce staff.
Good place to work for. Everyone worked as a team
Production Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 3, 2014
I enjoyed going to work there everyday. Co workers were nice and easy to get along with. Everyone worked as a team. I also liked working 4 Tens. it was nice to have Fridays off.
Temporary Assignment with Cumis
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 31, 2014
Assignment in the Human Resources department administrative support to the Sr. Manager and the HR Consultants.
Staffing Consultant
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 30, 2014
Mediocre management and subpar work environment. No work life balance. The pay is low.
Great
Temp. Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 21, 2014
Great! I mean super Great! Can I stop writing now? I just wanna submit my resume and job hunt not review my old jobs for free.