Randstad Employee Reviews

valuable experience of Canadian Industry as I was new permanent resident.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 December 2015
I worked for 3 months. Initially I was sent to a factory in Guelph. But somehow or the other I could not click there. randstad Guelph was quick to realize the situation and shifted me to Lanimar Guelph,ON, Canada. I worked there for 3 months and had a wonderful experience as assembler. Thanks to randstad team Guelph, ON, Canada.
Best work for students with different availability
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC22 January 2016
I get called, ask if I accept the job, and if so, receive full information with location, and a shift.

I receive a weekly salary every Thursday of the total sum of my shifts from Monday to Sunday.

Best work for the inexperience.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Unpredictable jobs
Versatile with many different options
Temporary Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2016
A typical day depends on the placement. I have done reception duties, contract administration, shipping and receiving, and many other tasks.

I have been fortunate enough to have a variety of placements and have learned new skills at each one. I am very versatile in the duties I can take on. I have learned how to arrange for shipping of very large orders and track the status of delivery, how to receive incoming products, as well as renewing and amending contracts.

I do not have very much contact with Randstad management as I am placed off site.

The co-workers vary based on my placement. Overall I find the people I work with very friendly and inviting.

It is a bit difficult not knowing when or where you will be working next. There is not a whole lot of job security with this company.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people, and learning new skills at each office. I have become very adaptable to my constant changing surroundings.
Pros
I have excelled in many different administration positions
Cons
Unstable work hours
Job Bank not accomodating
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC10 March 2016
They were able to give me different jobs at any one time. Mostly short term and some long term. Job bank not very full at the time of my employment and would have like to have more jobs in my field.
They post ads that don't exist
labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2015
I went through the testing and registration then applied for numerous positions that were advertised only to be told by a staff member that they don't actually have those spots to fill,they do it to get resumes in the door. I call it job creation for the staff so that they have a job. I registered in may and after months passed they haven't given me any work. ...TOTALLY WASTE OF ANYBODYS TIME
Pros
Cons
dishonest unreliable
Nice company
Drafting Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2015
Very relaxed working environment with nice people and managers. Everyone is friendly, including top people. In fact, I worked there for a year I still don't know who was whose boss. They all wanted to finish the work cooperatively rather than ordering around. I also liked the diversity of people at the company and how well they got along all coming from different cultures and religions.
Pros
flexible hours, organized work flow
Cons
tight work rooms, no proper coffee room
no full time jobs and very low wages
factory (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 December 2015
No full time jobs but you work for very low wages and the promise of full time position worked for 9 months for company and moved to Paris and was told that I would not be going to Paris so I would say that this is not very good company to work for so do not believe all that is promised to you
Pros
Cons
no fill time jobs and low wages
just horrible
General Labourer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2016
Never have any work. Always say call back but they never pick up. They only get jobs for they're favorites and everyone else is left hanging.
great place
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 April 2016
I have to say it was outstanding, always had work.. I recommend this place for others for youir job search and experience
A job when you really need a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 November 2015
This place is an accident waiting to happen. Metal bits everywhere. Highly disorganized and management doesn't seem to know what it is doing. If you need a job then it's the place for you. But keep looking while working here if you have the energy after the mandatory overtime and extra long shifts. Don't expect any holidays and be prepared for last minute promised holiday hours to change the night before or shift before.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
it's Linergy
Ok Agency
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2015
I worked for Randstad for a couple of years and they were a fine agency. Never gave me any trouble but it never felt very personal. I was just filling a job and that was it. The jobs they placed me in were fine and they paid OK. I left to try and find better paying work elsewhere.
Pros
found me work quickly
Cons
did not feel very personal, just another job and worker to them
Good place to work.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 March 2016
Great place to find work. Hardest part is waiting for a job to become available. Would definitely recommend trying it out..
Great personalities to work with. This helped especially in this fast paced environment
Billing Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
- Managing time sheets to prepare for weekly payroll run.
- there were too many manual processes, which created numerous exceptions. Because of the pace, there was little focus on process improvement.
- Accounting System was not very intuitive, thus too much reliance on Job aids.
- Very supportive management that treated staff with care and respect. This really helped to ease the truly stressful task of timely payroll processing.
Pros
Treat Fridays
Cons
Long commute
Temp posisition
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 January 2016
Further information in regards to this job is available upon request. Please use the contact information located on the resume to ask any further questions.
Pros
Stable 5 day a week job with predictable hours and hourly wage
Cons
Bad job security
It was a good experience.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 February 2016
It was a good experience and the people there were fun to work with.It would have been even better if Target Canada hadn't closed.
Pros
It was a job with a chance for advancement.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Financial world, very relaxed but evolving
Admin Assistant & Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2015
It's a good group of people that really asks your input and values options you bring forward. The office space is clean and crisp. A little too quiet but you can think!
Pros
Early shifts, they organize fun activities for the company to be involved as a team
Cons
Temporary assignment
garbage staff
N/A (Former Employee) –  n/a8 February 2016
most of their recruiting staff are not trained well and hire people who have indian last names.waste of time for new applicants
Pros
if you have south asian last name
Cons
everything else
Productive and nice environment
filling machine operator (Former Employee) –  brampton, on31 January 2016
Company was very much attached to their workers. It was a non-technical job for me but they provided each and every guidance possible
Spécialiste des comptes payables (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 November 2015
Environment is very important to me so this is what is good about working at Randstad. I am glad to have had the opportunity to work here and gain more experience, which in the end will allow me to be more confident in finding another job.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough training
A great place to begin a career and thrive with in time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2015
a pleasure to work alongside the fabulous staff at the downtown division

the ability to be flexible in job placements throughout the year is a definite boon

Pros
short to long term contracts, vacation pay
Cons
assignments could possibly fluctuate with oil and gas sector's economy