Randstad Employee Reviews

no full time jobs and very low wages
factory (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONDecember 17, 2015
No full time jobs but you work for very low wages and the promise of full time position worked for 9 months for company and moved to Paris and was told that I would not be going to Paris so I would say that this is not very good company to work for so do not believe all that is promised to you
Pros
Cons
no fill time jobs and low wages
Temporary Employment
CSA (Former Employee) –  North YorkDecember 7, 2015
A great and positive learning experience. All good. Training and trainers were quite helpful and professional. Informative and fun.

great work environment
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 2, 2015
- very fast paced
- amazing team work
- ongoing coaching
- love helping people find job
- everyday learning something new
Pros
free lunches, flexible
Cons
nothing
Ok Agency
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
I worked for Randstad for a couple of years and they were a fine agency. Never gave me any trouble but it never felt very personal. I was just filling a job and that was it. The jobs they placed me in were fine and they paid OK. I left to try and find better paying work elsewhere.
Pros
found me work quickly
Cons
did not feel very personal, just another job and worker to them
They post ads that don't exist
labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 26, 2015
I went through the testing and registration then applied for numerous positions that were advertised only to be told by a staff member that they don't actually have those spots to fill,they do it to get resumes in the door. I call it job creation for the staff so that they have a job. I registered in may and after months passed they haven't given me any work. ...TOTALLY WASTE OF ANYBODYS TIME
Pros
Cons
dishonest unreliable
Nice company
Drafting Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 22, 2015
Very relaxed working environment with nice people and managers. Everyone is friendly, including top people. In fact, I worked there for a year I still don't know who was whose boss. They all wanted to finish the work cooperatively rather than ordering around. I also liked the diversity of people at the company and how well they got along all coming from different cultures and religions.
Pros
flexible hours, organized work flow
Cons
tight work rooms, no proper coffee room
Financial world, very relaxed but evolving
Admin Assistant & Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
It's a good group of people that really asks your input and values options you bring forward. The office space is clean and crisp. A little too quiet but you can think!
Pros
Early shifts, they organize fun activities for the company to be involved as a team
Cons
Temporary assignment
A job when you really need a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 6, 2015
This place is an accident waiting to happen. Metal bits everywhere. Highly disorganized and management doesn't seem to know what it is doing. If you need a job then it's the place for you. But keep looking while working here if you have the energy after the mandatory overtime and extra long shifts. Don't expect any holidays and be prepared for last minute promised holiday hours to change the night before or shift before.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
it's Linergy
Randstad
Customer Service and B2B Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 4, 2015
I had an amazing experience working with them. I feel like the reps in the north york banch really know how to make the right fits.
Pros
quick work
Cons
lack of work right now
Spécialiste des comptes payables (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Environment is very important to me so this is what is good about working at Randstad. I am glad to have had the opportunity to work here and gain more experience, which in the end will allow me to be more confident in finding another job.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough training
Great personalities to work with. This helped especially in this fast paced environment
Billing Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
- Managing time sheets to prepare for weekly payroll run.
- there were too many manual processes, which created numerous exceptions. Because of the pace, there was little focus on process improvement.
- Accounting System was not very intuitive, thus too much reliance on Job aids.
- Very supportive management that treated staff with care and respect. This really helped to ease the truly stressful task of timely payroll processing.
Pros
Treat Fridays
Cons
Long commute
A great place to begin a career and thrive with in time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
a pleasure to work alongside the fabulous staff at the downtown division

the ability to be flexible in job placements throughout the year is a definite boon

Pros
short to long term contracts, vacation pay
Cons
assignments could possibly fluctuate with oil and gas sector's economy
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a job.
There have convenient locations everywhere in Canada.
Jobs are updated on a daily basis and you can start asap.
They need to work on Benefits/Insurance
There is always room for improvement,
Pros
Jobs available weekly
Cons
Lomg term benefits/Insurance
wish positions lasted longer
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioAugust 26, 2015
Basic Light lifting
Packing
Order picking

Wished position given lasted longer than 2 months. Seems like just before probationary period, the "assignment" completes and im left waiting for another opportunity. Cant raise a family when your uncertain how long you will last.
Cons
temporary
Randstad is poorly run
Temp (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 25, 2015
As a temp worker working through Randstad I have always found their attitude horrible and low class. Compared to some other agencies in my area this one seems to have the most jobs, but dealing with them gets you nowhere. They will mislead you often just to get you into a position.
Contract continuosly extended
Temporary Contract-Customer Care Reprsentative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2015
With hard work and dedication my 2 to 4 week contract was extended until I unfortunately chose to commence maternity leave after four and a half months. A typical day would be checking and responding to emails and opening 3 systems, combining all of the information to one place, sending it off to a different team so that they could do their job.Sadly, Management is the reason I have chosen not to return to the placement I had been with. My coworkers were extremely helpful if ever I needed any assistance in anything at all. The hardest part of this job was the lack of professionalism I experienced with my immediate supervisor. The most enjoyable was the amount of information and knowledge I learned and took away with me.
Pros
staff, computer based work
Cons
long hours, underpaid, unrealistic expectations
friendly enviorment
GENERAL LABOUR (Former Employee) –  BRAMPTON,ONAugust 14, 2015
learned how to managed certain items.everyone in the work place was very friendly and outgoing and i never had any problem following instruction that was given
Cons
LONG HOURS
a temporary service.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 28, 2015
it was a temporary service what can I say. not enough hours and the places I was sent wasnt stable and the people were rude.
Pros
made money
Cons
not enough hours
Nothing but trouble.
Accounts payable. (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 22, 2015
Went in and it sounded great. I have a lot of experience they found me a job right away for a week which was fine. I said anything short term /temp was fine. But after I worked it was almost a month before I got paid. My supervisor took zero responsibility in admitting that the problem came from their end.
I thought I would give them a second chance....well let's just say I will be looking for other placement agencies.
Pros
They have some great jobs. Pay was comparable
Cons
Fighting for work paid.
Not very personable
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  BrantfordJuly 20, 2015
They aren't always the most attentive at finding an appropriate placement for you. They some times mislead you on the details of a job as well.
Pros
Usually have something for you
Cons
Not good at finding different types of placements.