Randstad

Randstad Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of Work Available
Clerk I/Clerk II (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2013
Good pay, good staff, good location, may be hard to find a permanent job.
Fun place with internal activities
Billing Administrator (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: learn & free lunch monthly
Cons: moody co-workers
A day at work should be with happiness and willingness to learn and do the job properly and effectively.
Don't get hurt!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, OntarioSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: too many to list
I got injured while on assignment and the client let me go and Ranstad didn't want to even know my name anymore.
They claimed it wasn't a workplace injury.
It was 100% but ended up not serious so I didn't have to pursue it.
When I see an advertisement from Ranstad I bypass it immediately.
They still send me e-mails periodically for placements, I'd like – more... to say "they got some nerve" but the truth is they are that dis-organized they don't even realize.

Obviously they can't fill their positions and are scrambling for candidates.
I've been around the warehousing industry for 30 years and I see jobs listed by Ranstad and other agencies that have been on the temp market for 10+ years, the positions never stay filled because they are that bad and the companies just shop them around from one agency to another.

My advice to anyone looking for employment is that you are better off to seek permanent employment with a company that is hiring directly. Although some companies do hire agency people, the majority of the time it is just "dangling the carrot" to increase productivity and nothing will ever come of it.

I've worked at assignment were the companie utilizes 60 or 70 temps and hires about 1 or 2 a year so the other 68 will think they might get the "brass ring".
Not for me, thanks! – less
Does not give you all the info they should about the assignment
warehouse worker (Former Employee), kitchener, OntarioSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: everything else
I was told the hours of the job and when i got there I found out its one of those jobs you go till your finished your work, so some days are longer and some shorter, this should be told too person before starting. Also they say you can get hired after 3 months and once working i find out no one is hired and no guarantee when it might happen or if it – more... will.One other issue is they post the wage as a range ex $xx - $xx hr, based on experience, well they always give you the lower end of the wage no matter if your more then qualified for position. – less
Have enjoyed working at all locations I have been sent to.
Warehouse Production Worker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility, i can turn down a job if unsuitable for me.
Cons: no raises and no health benefits, contracts are somtimes too long to fullfil in order to be hired on by a company.
At my last assignment, I was working the afternoon shift which i really enjoyed, order picking. Unfortunately when work slows down the temp agency people are sent home first. I found that the supervisors are not approachable, do not take suggestions or concerns seriously.
HORRIBLE AGENCY
Data Entry (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: too much to list
This agency sucks. The recruiters are rude. Job postings are fake. One told me they post some jobs to get new people to register with them. They provide jobs to their "favourites" BS agency.
Close to ctrain
Receptionist- Temporary (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
My experience with Ranstad was pleasant. They assisted with my job search and was very professional about it.
Enjoyed the working conditions
Dispensing Operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 8, 2013
* Afternoon Shifts on a fixed schedule and enjoyed the working area.
* I learned that every detail was a priority, as we had our customers health at risk and safety was always a priority.
* Management was great
* Enjoyed the team environment and working with them
* Last minute scheduling for after midnight overtime
* Great working with the people there – more... and the team work environment. – less
Great working environment with excellent coworkers.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2013
Pros: great work environment.
A typical day at work would begin early as 8:00 and end as late as 6:30 pm. As a bilingual customer service representative, I was responsible for handling payroll and billing inquiries of our employees. I developed a great sense of knowledge in payroll and billings process. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to come into work with a great – more... group of individuals with such professionalism and work ethic. – less
Great Entry Level Experience-- Low on rewards/high burnout
Account Manager (Current Employee), GTAJune 19, 2013
Pros: good experience, positive relationships with coworkers, speedy advancement
Cons: poor training, lack of support, unrealistic performance expectations, little opportunity for growth beyond a certain level
A great place for new HR grads to get usable experience. This job forces one to be organized and work in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines and strict performance expectations. Unfortunately, these expectations are beyond what is achievable in a 40 hour work-week. Training is rushed and informal. The organization runs very lean and support – more... is lacking. Coworkers are enjoyable, as most are from similar backgrounds/stages in life. The most difficult part about working for Randstad is the constantly changing expectations that come with client service-- filling last minute requests, staying late, etc. Randstad management can be overbearing, offering a lot of criticisms but little in the way of support/solutions. – less
Productive, calm workplace.
data entry (Former Employee), montreal, qcJune 17, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere and calm.
Cons: sometimes too calm.
For the company I worked at everyone was friendly, I would go to work, sit at my desk and create profiles for donation receipts. My contract got extended from 2 weeks to about 2 months. Toward the end of my contract, I assisted the Head of Finance with her expense report by gathering data and placing the information on her balance sheet for 2012 and – more... 2013. – less
Terrible agency to deal with
Skilled labour (Former Employee), Region of WaterlooJune 13, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: everything else
I worked a long term placement with Randstad (over 5 years) and in the end they were fighting with me about paying out severance. They are impossible to contact, they do not communicate effectively with the company you are placed with and they do not fight for you (you are TEMPORARY, do not forget it!). Over my stay with Randstad I had 4 different people – more... looking after me, only one of which was any good and he left because he got a better job somewhere else. The recruiters were rude and hard to deal with. You could tell that they do not care about their jobs or the people that they manage.
I will never work for a placement agency again, especially Randstad. – less
Randstad
Labourer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 11, 2013
Cons: rude placement staff
I have never written a bad review about a temp company before however I feel I need to re-iterate the comments that the employees that are placing people in positions are not well trained and the ONLY word that comes to mind in my personal dealings is RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL. They claim to work in partners however, the right hand doesn't know what the – more... left hand is doing ever. I guess it is appropriate to speak to employees that are their business in any manner and it is assumed the employees will do their job for them.

Canada's #1 Recruiter??? SAD and probably yet another lie
Worst experience of my life! If I could have given zero stars I would have – less
fast pace environment
HR and Recruitment Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: unpaid
Using Microsoft Outlook as e-mail communication program
• Using Pro Connect as candidates database search
• Screening resumes to find perfect candidates for job postings
• Participated in Interviews of potential candidates
• Performing candidates' reference check
DO NOT WORK FOR RANSTAD.
Temp work. (Former Employee), Waterloo Ontario CanadaJune 2, 2013
Pros: leaving.
Cons: long hours, rude employess.
I hate to write a bad review for a business but Ranstad seriously deserves this one - Reading previous reviews I wasn't alone in how I felt.

I worked as a temp for Ranstad a few times. As a student I found them to be very unorganized. There was such a lack of information.. and at times they seemed completely clueless (starting/end times, pay and even – more... basic protocol). I found employees to be very rude - I was even harassed by phone calls for taking a day off for personal matters (which I told them about in advance).

I would not recommend working here unless you like being talked down to and disrespected on a regular basis. – less
worst recruiter on planet
job seeker (Former Employee), mississaugaMay 28, 2013
Cons: worst firm of them all
Dont waste your time applying. Half the roles are fake and their recruiters are inept.

If you are a client using them good luck
Temporary Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2013
I am working with Randstad to get back into the flow of Administrative work, after leaving the Federal government after many yars.
Interviewer did not understand what I was explaining to her - Awful
Sales Analysis (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2013
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: i'll never get that hour back, nor the hour i spent driving to this terrible place
I was rejected for two positions after an interview and it was so horrible that I almost walked out part way through. The interviewer insisted that I give her names for former managers when I explained to her that the company in question does not give personal references. It simply wasn't good enough to contact the HR department of any company and references – more... of former managers I provided were systematically "scratched" for ridiculous reasons. I also pointed her to the numerous references left on my Linkedin profile which she refused to consider.

She also couldn't understand how my prior work in a nearly identical role made me a good candidate for these jobs. She tried to pigeonhole me into saying I either wanted to work for a large or small company which did not matter to be and I told her exactly that.

She concluded the interview by asking me if I could lift 50 pounds over my head. I asked her how that was relevant to an office position, and she had no answer. – less
Horrible, unprofessional, and doesn't fit the candidates to the right jobs...
Intermediate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 30, 2013
Cons: horrible service, unprofessional, unethical, and set you up to fail...
Horrible... Unprofessional... Unethical...

They hired me for a contract and set me up to fail. They were extremely rude to me and treated me like an idiot. I was placed in a contract and I was not given the full details. I was set up to fail by my recruiter and her colleague. I would NEVER recommend Randstad to anyone... Avoid them at all costs! They – more... are unethical and unprofessional... The high school mentality and unprofessional demeanour are frequent from what I have experienced and read on other reviews of them... They breached labour laws on overtime and threatened me... How immature... – less
Young, unprofessional staff
Admin (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 23, 2013
The staff have no professionalism, they rarely return emails or calls, and for a placement agency there sure isn't much placement going on. I went elsewhere and had much quicker results. Don't waste your time with this company...I had a few people warn me but I didn't listen.
I should have, this company was a complete waste of my time.

About Randstad

Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second – Read more