Randstad

3.8K reviews

Randstad Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and functional workplace with great employees.
Temp Service (Former Employee), BrantfordMarch 14, 2015
I worked through a temp service so everywhere I went that was different had separate routines. The employees were always super helpful when needed and were very efficient with making sure everyone knew what they were doing.
fast paced
temporary employee (Former Employee), calgary, abFebruary 24, 2015
Good place to find employment throughout the city of Calgary. was laid off and they found me quick employment withing a few days.
Inconsistent agency
Production Associate (Current Employee), HamiltonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: temporary work and unfair management.
The account manager hired me for a Mon-Fri fulltime work and after couple of days I started working in an automative company. After more than 2 weeks of regular hours work they just sent me a message thru email saying my shift has been cancel and its been almost 2 weeks now since they let me work in their cliient. Whenever I ask them when I will go again to work they're just repeating the same invalid reason that they haven't been notified yet for the changes of schedule, they cannot even tell you when you're gonna start again or not. They're not answering they're phone calls and emails most of the time. While the new employees who came after me are still having their regular hours of work. I will not recommend it. They're not doing what they promised during your interview.
Great Staff
General Labourer / Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Awesome group to deal with.
Knowledgeable staff, easy to deal with and very helpful.
They always have the workers best interest in mind.
Great place to work!
Certified Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.

Randstad Staffing specializes in temporary staffing and permanent placement for specific industry sectors. A key factor that differentiates Randstad Staffing from other companies is our unique unit structure. Each unit consists of two consultants who are responsible for both client service and candidate selection. Our staffing consultants work as a team; ensuring one is always available to both clients and candidates. They work hard to develop an understanding of how each client operates and who will meet their hiring needs, while also getting to know each applicant - to understand the skills, experience and qualities that will help them find the right job fit.
productive
labeler/line worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: payed lunch
fast past
i liked working in a team
there were lots of thing you could do so you were never standing around not doing anything there was always something to keep you busy if you were done your ob its all about team work
Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2015
I was registered for several months and only received a call for one job, which never panned out because they failed to call me back to give me the details. My recruiter was quick to get me enrolled, but did nothing after that point. I kept receiving job descriptions by email about jobs that I was not qualified for. I ended up leaving because they were unwilling to help.

Most of the job postings are just a repeat of the exact same posting several times to make it look like they have a lot of jobs.

This is just my experience and I know others have had great experiences with them, but I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
Staffing Agency
General Labourer (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Adequate, typical temporary assignment agency.
They try to match you with a company.
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: easy, simple work.
Cons: inconsistent work opportunities.
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
tempoorary work agency
warehouse asociate (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: worked to find a good job for me
Cons: pay was lacking
They found me a job that had the potential to lead to a perm full time job. They sent me to a place that suited my skill set and made sure that i liked where i was. All and all for a temp agency they did a very good job. The staff at ranstad continued to try and find me a better job after i left them. They continue to send me e-mails of jobs they feel that i might like or be qualified for
good and safe environment to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2015
great satisfaction when work is properly done and good salary
good
placement temp work (Former Employee), burlingtonDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: bad
good
........
......
.......

good reliable employment

temporary
Productive and fun to work with
Pharmaceutical Production Packager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: pharmaceutical procedure
Cons: low payment
Good communication and helpful. Hectic. Team work. management could be better. good co-workers. long hours standing. mingled and helping each other
randstad
order picker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work but it is only temporary and most temporary to full time employment offers dont sign you on. Good pay most jobs are 14.00 an hour and up. You do not get benefits as its a temporary placement. Most job coaches want you to succeed and will help you as much as they possibly can. A lot of warehouse work at the randstad I was at.
Interesting, meeting new people
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 12, 2014
Pros: people, co-workers
Cons: long hours
This is a very time demanding job. You must have excellent time management and people skills.

This job requires you to be very tough skinned, this is also a sales job, you are required to win new business.

You are very busy, your days fly by.
Poor company
general labor (Former Employee), ON,November 19, 2014
I registered with Randstad two years ago. I was offered a one week assignment though I've been applying always, not even one interview. Staff are rude, the girl who registered me was laughing at me when I applied for a labor job. I was in need for money though I have a degree in business.
registered with them
register (Former Employee), OakvilleNovember 8, 2014
Cons: slow. stupid.
Horrible company. You register with them, they say there is all these jobs. They basically lie and dont return calls or emails. They can't handle a work load or many clients. Their recruiters are slow and incompetent. Maybe for minimum wage jobs and for new immigrants they are ok. But really no respect to even return and call or email.
A good company to work for
General Labourer (Current Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: i like both the variety of work and the continual ongoing work.
Cons: there is too many people wanting the same kind of work and not enough to go around.
A day consists of opportunity to help different companies meet their productivity levels.

I've learned a lot!

Management is never an easy job.

Co-workers can be your friend and your enemy.

Hardest part of the job is believing in yourself.

Enjoyable part is being allowed to work, allowed to be busy, allowed to be productive, and to be appreciated for it.
Great Team; Great Company
Resource Manager (Current Employee), EdmontonNovember 4, 2014
Pros: team builders; work environment
Cons: low starting salary; target pressure
If I had to describe Randstad in one word, I would choose "Potential". There is ample potential to learn and make huge amounts of money. The company invests in their staff and wants them to be successful.

The hardest part is meeting the numbers and figuring out what it takes for you individually to be successful. You don't make much your first year or two, but after that, you're golden.

The management is great and offers good guidance, and the team is amazing and supportive.
Industry