Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

Randstad was very helpful in getting me a tool and die position.
LICENCED TOOL AND DIE MAKER (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 29, 2016
Go in and get informed from previous shift on work needed to be done .
Learned a lot about deep draw automotive transmission clutch basket forming using rollers.
Management was great.with a lot of hands on work so that they
could see what was happening.
All my co-workers were extremely helpful and friendly making my job enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was finding spare parts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making the proper choice on the down production equipment or die and seeing it run..
Great company
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
I have had a few different temp job while hired as a Ranstad client,
I have worked at Great West life as a receptionist,
as a Event assistant at Calgary even planning team and the Canadian blood Services as a business administrative.
The poeple I worked with was great, very polite and nice, I have learn a lot of the business administrative field and really enjoyed the work environment.
I am more effcient at data entry, able to handle a multi-line phone call in a profeessional manner, able to creat documents and schedulling for different departments.
Good knowledge of product and research information for higher volume sales
Great
Administrative Specialist/Field Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2016
Ranstand is great and the temp assignment hours are great aswell
but I have been with the company for 4+ years The assignment managerment is still in highschool mindset they make up reason to close a your assignment who are real hard workers cause they get a little intemdiated _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
too much turnover of rep.
productive workplace with friendly atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 14, 2016
Have got wonderfull experiences with very friendly atmosphere .Co workers were very supportive.Didn't feel any hard times because of the support.Each and every moment was enjoyable and step by step to learn more about GMP and quality related training which help to follow the 100% quality product.
Positive Work Environment
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 2, 2016
Working at Randstad is my first formal work experience in Canada. Through the six-month period, I did learned a lot including effective communication skills and interaction skills. All my colleagues, supervisors, and manager were friendly and kind. I like the workplace.
Great Company.
Shipper/ Receiver and Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 27, 2016
Great balance of client and employee professionalism. Hard working, honest and excellent communicators. Good placement into a productive and safe work environment. They followed up to ensure I was satisfied with my employment position.
Pros
Relentless Work Ethic
Cons
No cons
Provides a number of flexible working conditions
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 1, 2016
The management and staff of Randstad are friendly and approachable. They were most helpful in providing employment to its pool of workers. They coordinated closely with their principal customers with regard to manpower deployment.
Pros
Provided various employment opportunities
Cons
Some jobs are seasonal
Unremarkable
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2016
At one time CNC Global had an innovative fun culture. After the acquisition of Randstad the organization changed and became a typical global company solely focused on their own bottom line while promoting a very weak management team to run the show. Not a recommended company to work for.
Great agency to work for.
Industrial Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2016
Enjoy working where there is training for different job duties, being moved around so you don't get bored working in the same spot for weeks on end.
Pros
Paid every week.
Cons
No raises, have to work X amount of hours before qualifying to be hired by the client.
Good source of temporary contracts
Temporary/Contract Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
enjoyed working for randstad, was placed in a variety of different work environments, recruiters were accommodating and friendly. No problems with management, only issue was instability of contracts (being out of work for a couple of weeks at a time during down seasons)
valuable experience of Canadian Industry as I was new permanent resident.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 25, 2015
I worked for 3 months. Initially I was sent to a factory in Guelph. But somehow or the other I could not click there. randstad Guelph was quick to realize the situation and shifted me to Lanimar Guelph,ON, Canada. I worked there for 3 months and had a wonderful experience as assembler. Thanks to randstad team Guelph, ON, Canada.
Best work for students with different availability
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 22, 2016
I get called, ask if I accept the job, and if so, receive full information with location, and a shift.

I receive a weekly salary every Thursday of the total sum of my shifts from Monday to Sunday.

Best work for the inexperience.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Unpredictable jobs
Randstad Internship
HR and Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2016
I really enjoy working with candidates and helping them find employment that is the right "fit". The best feeling is being able to witness the recruitment cycle from start to finish.
My responsibilities include working closely with staffing consultants to match the right candidates with the right roles using applications like Randstad Connect, company fit, boss fit, job fit, and co-worker/supervisor feedback. I conduct between 10 to 15 face-to-face interviews using various assessments on a weekly basis for positions pertaining to unilingual and bilingual contact centre and customer care roles. I also document phone screenings, reference checks and candidate calls.
The entire staff are super friendly and answer any questions that I have had. I love working with them and each and every staff member is really helping me learn hands on about the world of recruitment and how it relates to the world of HR. Thank you, Randstad, for allowing me to gain such valuable knowledge during my time interning here!
General Administrative Officer (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 26, 2016
A well structured and friendly organization. Good and timely payment of wages with good welfare packages. Supervisors are super good and ready to listening and solve whatever challenges you are confronted with.
They post ads that don't exist
labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 26, 2015
I went through the testing and registration then applied for numerous positions that were advertised only to be told by a staff member that they don't actually have those spots to fill,they do it to get resumes in the door. I call it job creation for the staff so that they have a job. I registered in may and after months passed they haven't given me any work. ...TOTALLY WASTE OF ANYBODYS TIME
Pros
Cons
dishonest unreliable
Nice company
Drafting Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 22, 2015
Very relaxed working environment with nice people and managers. Everyone is friendly, including top people. In fact, I worked there for a year I still don't know who was whose boss. They all wanted to finish the work cooperatively rather than ordering around. I also liked the diversity of people at the company and how well they got along all coming from different cultures and religions.
Pros
flexible hours, organized work flow
Cons
tight work rooms, no proper coffee room
Randstad
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 20, 2016
Great workplace, they really work with you to get into the jobs you want to be in. They place you in different positions that you are into weather it be permanent, temporary, or casual.
no full time jobs and very low wages
factory (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONDecember 17, 2015
No full time jobs but you work for very low wages and the promise of full time position worked for 9 months for company and moved to Paris and was told that I would not be going to Paris so I would say that this is not very good company to work for so do not believe all that is promised to you
Pros
Cons
no fill time jobs and low wages
A wonderful experience
Administrative Services- Scanning Department (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2016
I have been lucky to have been given great opportunitues to work for amazing companies and gain so many skills while giving back in a positive way.
A job when you really need a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 6, 2015
This place is an accident waiting to happen. Metal bits everywhere. Highly disorganized and management doesn't seem to know what it is doing. If you need a job then it's the place for you. But keep looking while working here if you have the energy after the mandatory overtime and extra long shifts. Don't expect any holidays and be prepared for last minute promised holiday hours to change the night before or shift before.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
it's Linergy