Randstad

4.3K reviews

Randstad Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good source of temporary contracts
Temporary/Contract Labourer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
enjoyed working for randstad, was placed in a variety of different work environments, recruiters were accommodating and friendly. No problems with management, only issue was instability of contracts (being out of work for a couple of weeks at a time during down seasons)
Provides a number of flexible working conditions
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Provided various employment opportunities
Cons: Some jobs are seasonal
The management and staff of Randstad are friendly and approachable. They were most helpful in providing employment to its pool of workers. They coordinated closely with their principal customers with regard to manpower deployment.
Productive and nice environment
filling machine operator (Former Employee), brampton, onJanuary 31, 2016
Company was very much attached to their workers. It was a non-technical job for me but they provided each and every guidance possible
First Assignment
Payroll Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2016
This is my first assignment with Randstad. I'm very happy with the position I was placed in, love the location, the people I work with and the work I'm doing.
Best work for students with different availability
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Flexible shifts
Cons: Unpredictable jobs
I get called, ask if I accept the job, and if so, receive full information with location, and a shift.

I receive a weekly salary every Thursday of the total sum of my shifts from Monday to Sunday.

Best work for the inexperience.
Good
Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Good, give opportunities to many entry level applicants. Management isn't always looking over at what you're doing. As long as you get the job done, you're good
valuable experience of Canadian Industry as I was new permanent resident.
Assembler (Former Employee), Guelph, ONDecember 25, 2015
I worked for 3 months. Initially I was sent to a factory in Guelph. But somehow or the other I could not click there. randstad Guelph was quick to realize the situation and shifted me to Lanimar Guelph,ON, Canada. I worked there for 3 months and had a wonderful experience as assembler. Thanks to randstad team Guelph, ON, Canada.
no full time jobs and very low wages
factory (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no fill time jobs and low wages
No full time jobs but you work for very low wages and the promise of full time position worked for 9 months for company and moved to Paris and was told that I would not be going to Paris so I would say that this is not very good company to work for so do not believe all that is promised to you
Temporary Employment
CSA (Former Employee), North YorkDecember 7, 2015
A great and positive learning experience. All good. Training and trainers were quite helpful and professional. Informative and fun.

great work environment
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches, flexible
Cons: nothing
- very fast paced
- amazing team work
- ongoing coaching
- love helping people find job
- everyday learning something new
Ok Agency
Data Entry (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: found me work quickly
Cons: did not feel very personal, just another job and worker to them
I worked for Randstad for a couple of years and they were a fine agency. Never gave me any trouble but it never felt very personal. I was just filling a job and that was it. The jobs they placed me in were fine and they paid OK. I left to try and find better paying work elsewhere.
They post ads that don't exist
labourer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: dishonest unreliable
I went through the testing and registration then applied for numerous positions that were advertised only to be told by a staff member that they don't actually have those spots to fill,they do it to get resumes in the door. I call it job creation for the staff so that they have a job. I registered in may and after months passed they haven't given me any work. ...TOTALLY WASTE OF ANYBODYS TIME
Nice company
Drafting Support Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, organized work flow
Cons: tight work rooms, no proper coffee room
Very relaxed working environment with nice people and managers. Everyone is friendly, including top people. In fact, I worked there for a year I still don't know who was whose boss. They all wanted to finish the work cooperatively rather than ordering around. I also liked the diversity of people at the company and how well they got along all coming from different cultures and religions.
Randstad
Customer Service and B2B Sales Rep (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: quick work
Cons: lack of work right now
I had an amazing experience working with them. I feel like the reps in the north york banch really know how to make the right fits.
Spécialiste des comptes payables (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not enough training
Environment is very important to me so this is what is good about working at Randstad. I am glad to have had the opportunity to work here and gain more experience, which in the end will allow me to be more confident in finding another job.
Great personalities to work with. This helped especially in this fast paced environment
Billing Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Treat Fridays
Cons: Long commute
- Managing time sheets to prepare for weekly payroll run.
- there were too many manual processes, which created numerous exceptions. Because of the pace, there was little focus on process improvement.
- Accounting System was not very intuitive, thus too much reliance on Job aids.
- Very supportive management that treated staff with care and respect. This really helped to ease the truly stressful task of timely payroll processing.
wish positions lasted longer
general labourer (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioAugust 26, 2015
Cons: temporary
Basic Light lifting
Packing
Order picking

Wished position given lasted longer than 2 months. Seems like just before probationary period, the "assignment" completes and im left waiting for another opportunity. Cant raise a family when your uncertain how long you will last.
Randstad is poorly run
Temp (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 25, 2015
As a temp worker working through Randstad I have always found their attitude horrible and low class. Compared to some other agencies in my area this one seems to have the most jobs, but dealing with them gets you nowhere. They will mislead you often just to get you into a position.
Contract continuosly extended
Temporary Contract-Customer Care Reprsentative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: staff, computer based work
Cons: long hours, underpaid, unrealistic expectations
With hard work and dedication my 2 to 4 week contract was extended until I unfortunately chose to commence maternity leave after four and a half months. A typical day would be checking and responding to emails and opening 3 systems, combining all of the information to one place, sending it off to a different team so that they could do their job.Sadly, Management is the reason I have chosen not to return to the placement I had been with. My coworkers were extremely helpful if ever I needed any assistance in anything at all. The hardest part of this job was the lack of professionalism I experienced with my immediate supervisor. The most enjoyable was the amount of information and knowledge I learned and took away with me.
friendly enviorment
GENERAL LABOUR (Former Employee), BRAMPTON,ONAugust 14, 2015
Cons: LONG HOURS
learned how to managed certain items.everyone in the work place was very friendly and outgoing and i never had any problem following instruction that was given
Industry