Randstad
3,048 reviews

Randstad Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cook for the Hamilton police assoctiation
Line Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed cooking. I enjoy cooking to this day. Being in that kitchen gave me joy. I was able to be focused on one thing and perfect it. I learned something new everyday. It gave me a opportunity to grow and learn. My management was great and it gave me a great start to my working career.
typical temp agency
Skilled Labor Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: easy, simple work.
Cons: inconsistent work opportunities.
a day at work would begin with receiving a phone call from ranstad and have them tell you were your next placement would be, you would then go to that placement, do a days worth of work and hope that you will be "required" again tomorrow. This being my first real job, i learned a lot of team work skills and how to operate under a fast paced environment. Management was not too bad and many of my co-workers became good friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving the placement one day and wondering whether or not i would have work again the next day.the most enjoyable part was often how fast the days went by, there was always more work to be done at most placements and i also met a lot of great people.
tempoorary work agency
warehouse asociate (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: worked to find a good job for me
Cons: pay was lacking
They found me a job that had the potential to lead to a perm full time job. They sent me to a place that suited my skill set and made sure that i liked where i was. All and all for a temp agency they did a very good job. The staff at ranstad continued to try and find me a better job after i left them. They continue to send me e-mails of jobs they feel that i might like or be qualified for
good and safe environment to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2015
great satisfaction when work is properly done and good salary
good
placement temp work (Former Employee), burlingtonDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: bad
good
........
......
.......

good reliable employment

temporary
Productive and fun to work with
Pharmaceutical Production Packager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: pharmaceutical procedure
Cons: low payment
Good communication and helpful. Hectic. Team work. management could be better. good co-workers. long hours standing. mingled and helping each other
randstad
order picker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work but it is only temporary and most temporary to full time employment offers dont sign you on. Good pay most jobs are 14.00 an hour and up. You do not get benefits as its a temporary placement. Most job coaches want you to succeed and will help you as much as they possibly can. A lot of warehouse work at the randstad I was at.
Interesting, meeting new people
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 12, 2014
Pros: people, co-workers
Cons: long hours
This is a very time demanding job. You must have excellent time management and people skills.

This job requires you to be very tough skinned, this is also a sales job, you are required to win new business.

You are very busy, your days fly by.
Poor company
general labor (Former Employee), ON,November 19, 2014
I registered with Randstad two years ago. I was offered a one week assignment though I've been applying always, not even one interview. Staff are rude, the girl who registered me was laughing at me when I applied for a labor job. I was in need for money though I have a degree in business.
registered with them
register (Former Employee), OakvilleNovember 8, 2014
Cons: slow. stupid.
Horrible company. You register with them, they say there is all these jobs. They basically lie and dont return calls or emails. They can't handle a work load or many clients. Their recruiters are slow and incompetent. Maybe for minimum wage jobs and for new immigrants they are ok. But really no respect to even return and call or email.
A good company to work for
General Labourer (Current Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: i like both the variety of work and the continual ongoing work.
Cons: there is too many people wanting the same kind of work and not enough to go around.
A day consists of opportunity to help different companies meet their productivity levels.

I've learned a lot!

Management is never an easy job.

Co-workers can be your friend and your enemy.

Hardest part of the job is believing in yourself.

Enjoyable part is being allowed to work, allowed to be busy, allowed to be productive, and to be appreciated for it.
Great Team; Great Company
Resource Manager (Current Employee), EdmontonNovember 4, 2014
Pros: team builders; work environment
Cons: low starting salary; target pressure
If I had to describe Randstad in one word, I would choose "Potential". There is ample potential to learn and make huge amounts of money. The company invests in their staff and wants them to be successful.

The hardest part is meeting the numbers and figuring out what it takes for you individually to be successful. You don't make much your first year or two, but after that, you're golden.

The management is great and offers good guidance, and the team is amazing and supportive.
Great place!
Executive Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbNovember 3, 2014
Pros: grerat team, very focused on the task at hand.
Cons: needs to add more support for their offce staff.
This place has it all: Awesome Culture, Great team, and very serious about their work.

I loved this place.
Good place to work for. Everyone worked as a team
Production Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 3, 2014
I enjoyed going to work there everyday. Co workers were nice and easy to get along with. Everyone worked as a team. I also liked working 4 Tens. it was nice to have Fridays off.
Temporary Assignment with Cumis
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 31, 2014
Assignment in the Human Resources department administrative support to the Sr. Manager and the HR Consultants.
Staffing Consultant
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), Markham, ONOctober 30, 2014
Mediocre management and subpar work environment. No work life balance. The pay is low.
Great
Temp. Employee (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 21, 2014
Great! I mean super Great! Can I stop writing now? I just wanna submit my resume and job hunt not review my old jobs for free.
Productive, fast pace environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND STAFFING CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great learning curve
Cons: could get a little chaotic at times
Responsible for generating new leads, and nurture the existing clients by filling in the open position with the best talent. Learned to operate in a very fast pace, dynamic environment. Being a 360 Degree role, the hardest part of the job was to work in an open space environment where each of us was responsible for assisting incoming calls while achieving personal sales quota. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for your team and support each other. I was lucky enough to be part of an amazing team with an exceptional manager.
Productive, Fast-paced environment,
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioOctober 7, 2014
Pros: postive coaching, meeting critical deadlines, growing my knowledge as an administrative support
Cons: n/a
No job is hard, unless there is a lack in willingness to grow and learn within the job. I have been fortunate to be given the opprotunity to advance my skills to better my future and be an asset to a company. I have learned time-management, meeting critical deadlines, extensive knowledge on Microsoft Office, Administrative Support, and invoicing for major projects. Management has been extremely supportive and has always guided me in the right direction and coaching to better myself in my job. On a daily basis, I am a key support for my team and Engineers with various tasks and deadlines. Meeting critical deadlines are essential, especially when dealing with vendors on major projects to ensure project execution on the largest most complex investment untaken by a company.
Good place to acquire neccessary skills i social work and meet people
Support Worker (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch, two and half rate pay if work on bank holidays, flexible
Cons: long days and no employer pension
Working at Randstad care helped me to acquire important skills in the social service. Staff must be enthusiastic in wanting to learn if interested in developing himself /herself professionally.

The management were strict but very honest in judging staff. They are very professional and result oriented. They have huge numbers of employees in various disciplining just like London Borough of Enfield where New Options is a unit.

Excellent place to start a career in health and social work professions.

I had wonderful moments working with interesting clients and staff and some unpleasant moment as in most jobs. Through the job I had opportunities to visit places of interest in United kingdom and also some sober time with client that have behaviours that Challenge.

I saw the challenges in the job as an opportunity to grow in knowledge and skills

1 2 3 4 5

About Randstad

Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second – Read more