Randstad

Randstad Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
wish positions lasted longer
general labourer (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioAugust 26, 2015
Cons: temporary
Basic Light lifting
Packing
Order picking

Wished position given lasted longer than 2 months. Seems like just before probationary period, the "assignment" completes and im left waiting for another opportunity. Cant raise a family when your uncertain how long you will last.
Randstad is poorly run
Temp (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 25, 2015
As a temp worker working through Randstad I have always found their attitude horrible and low class. Compared to some other agencies in my area this one seems to have the most jobs, but dealing with them gets you nowhere. They will mislead you often just to get you into a position.
Contract continuosly extended
Temporary Contract-Customer Care Reprsentative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: staff, computer based work
Cons: long hours, underpaid, unrealistic expectations
With hard work and dedication my 2 to 4 week contract was extended until I unfortunately chose to commence maternity leave after four and a half months. A typical day would be checking and responding to emails and opening 3 systems, combining all of the information to one place, sending it off to a different team so that they could do their job.Sadly, Management is the reason I have chosen not to return to the placement I had been with. My coworkers were extremely helpful if ever I needed any assistance in anything at all. The hardest part of this job was the lack of professionalism I experienced with my immediate supervisor. The most enjoyable was the amount of information and knowledge I learned and took away with me.
friendly enviorment
GENERAL LABOUR (Former Employee), BRAMPTON,ONAugust 14, 2015
Cons: LONG HOURS
learned how to managed certain items.everyone in the work place was very friendly and outgoing and i never had any problem following instruction that was given
a temporary service.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: made money
Cons: not enough hours
it was a temporary service what can I say. not enough hours and the places I was sent wasnt stable and the people were rude.
Nothing but trouble.
Accounts payable. (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 22, 2015
Pros: They have some great jobs. Pay was comparable
Cons: Fighting for work paid.
Went in and it sounded great. I have a lot of experience they found me a job right away for a week which was fine. I said anything short term /temp was fine. But after I worked it was almost a month before I got paid. My supervisor took zero responsibility in admitting that the problem came from their end.
I thought I would give them a second chance....well let's just say I will be looking for other placement agencies.
Not very personable
General Labourer (Former Employee), BrantfordJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Usually have something for you
Cons: Not good at finding different types of placements.
They aren't always the most attentive at finding an appropriate placement for you. They some times mislead you on the details of a job as well.
Excellent job agency, highly reccommend
Final Assembler (Current Employee), Langley BCJuly 18, 2015
Joined May 4th

A very big company

The salary and benefits are outstanding, covered fully 100%
If I were to describe my work environment, I would say it is an interesting experience, I am learning new things day by day more than my previous job I had. Most of the co-workers are friendly but I've seen some that are not willing to co operate for any task that is given. The supervisors are very helpful people, they are very polite and take everything easy and calm. I am glad to be apart of the team.

I would like to thank my job agent for giving me such a wonderful experience at Philips
terrible employees!!!!!
fitter welder (Former Employee), dJuly 16, 2015
Pros: nothing but promises unfilled
Cons: lies
so like previously stated, they will sign you up quick promise the world then continuously call you even if you have a job promising employment!so you book days off to get interviews but what they are all of a sudden on hold?????????? ya thats because these places just put whoever they can in any spot so they get their paycheques but lie to your face about opportunities. I've worked for multiple agencies this one being the worst and i haven't even got a job through them yet and they are all the same weather its guelph or Cambridge they are all terrible this company can rot for all i care!
good pay
production worker (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 14, 2015
went in maintained the machines and the lubrication then would stamp and check the product making sure its up to satisfaction.
Good team environment and friendly people.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Caledon, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Special events, food, people.
Cons: pay rate. Distance to work.
Fast paced environment with some heavy lifting. I liked the people I worked with, friendly and cooperative. I learned the RF scanning system on top of a wide range of products. I really liked the lunch room, it was large and it had a range of vending machines. I was impressed with the management at Legacy, they were professional and very helpful. The Lady that hired me was very pleasant. She always had a ready smile. The lifting was the hardest part of the job because one had to assembly a lot of products onto skids. I liked the vibe at work, people were very friendly and happy to help out.
good
Material Handler (Former Employee), Toronto. ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: plentiful work opportunities
Cons: lack of willingness to offer higher than base pay rate opportunity positions
My fellow workers and agency personnel were always friendly and co-operative with me and helped me with all of my requests from past-to-present.
good people with a great environmenmt
Account Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJune 2, 2015
great people that work here
good environment
targets are not realistic
very cut throat organization
managers are great
Great Workplace, Underpar Supervison
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Mount Forest, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits, three breaks
Cons: poor supervision, lack of team-work in a team environment, could have better pay for tasks
At Dana, everyone would arrive approximately 5-15 minutes early, listen to an overview of what was going to be happening for the day, then go to the floor. Every hour we would rotate stations to prevent us from doing task with too much repetition and have three breaks (one every two hours).

I learned how to build and inspect their parts on multiple lines, as well as how to trouble shoot and solve mechanical issues when machinery was malfunctioning and the machine setters were busy elsewhere. Over my first two months, I also learned how to work my line as quickly and efficiently as some whom had been there for a year or two longer than I had.

My supervisor always seemed like he was great, very approachable and nice, until I realized that the issues that I would present to him wouldn't be resolved and he would pick favourites with employees.

Most of the co-workers at Dana were miserable people and some went out of their way to make their peer's work-life miserable as well. There were a select few that were either great to work with or neutral. There's an over-all lack of morale and the QC expert would pick and choose which quality she controlled based on who did her favours.

I didn't find working at Dana very hard, the tasks were simple enough, although it was difficult to keep up on some lines that I was unfamiliar with; nothing that I would not be confident that I could adjust to over time.

The sense of accomplishment I got was the most enjoyable part. Meeting quotas for the night and beating self-set goals over time made me feel like I was doing really well, which obviously feels great.
Temp
Temp (Former Employee), Burlington OntarioMay 12, 2015
Pros: great places to work
Cons: pay was not consistant
went where ever I was told to. Some day's I would drive to Milton, others I wouldn't have to drive at all. Most of the work was pretty straight forward working at any plant or factory, while some required serious patient's and more intricate work.
Employment Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant / Reception (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 7, 2015
Cons: No guarantees of when you will work, or for how long.
I found they paid slightly better than some of the other agencies, and got longer assignments with them.

Once you prove yourself with previous temp assignments, you have a much better chance of getting more opportunities. You become one of the top choices, of who gets called first for assignments.
temporary warehouse and driving work
Temporary Staff (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 6, 2015
Randstad is a job agency located in burlington,

i worked for them for a while doing various jobs like order picking, shipping and driving cars for FORD
production line (Current Employee), stoney creekApril 18, 2015
arriving at work setting my line up great bunch of people to work with managers don't know to much what they are doing, only minimum wage
very good working environment.
Contract Worker (Current Employee), Nepean, ONApril 10, 2015
They provide a very pleasant atmosphere to work in and are there for you one hundred percent. The co-workers are easy going and extremely helpful to new candidates.
Great placement . bad agency management
data entry (Former Employee), VaughanApril 7, 2015
Pros: You get a job
Cons: irresponsible manager, low pay
missing pay. still not resolved

manager at randstad keeps delaying and will not answer your emails or Inquiries although they will contact you when they need you to complete training segments.

Calling in sick or day off and they will threaten that the company your placed at will fire you. even though placement company only let you go if you make work errors.

Same position with same company through another agency will pay much more.

1 2 3 4 5

About Randstad

Randstad is the second largest HR services provider in the world, head-quartered in Diemen, Netherlands. Their global offices – Read more