Randstad Employee Reviews

Not What They Appear
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 February 2017
A temp agency, who appears very friendly at first. But the things they say behind closed doors about their workers, is appalling, and cruel. They really don't care about your health, unless it suits them too. If your life, can't fit their requirements, they won't find you a placement. In fact, they'll string you along, as long as they can, just so you don't go elsewhere.
In hind sight, this is the last temp agency I should have ever chosen to go with. I've heard way better things about Prodigy, and should have gone there instead. Would have saved me some wasted time.
Temporary Placement Agency
Office Administrator/Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
I did enjoy working for the property management company that Randstad assigned me to. I got the chance to learn another widely used property management software and different procedures & processes than what I was used to. All in all it was a positive experience.
Pros
Temporary agencies are a good way of checking out different companies
Cons
Length of assignment was not known until the day it ended
Great company for finding temporary work positions
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 February 2017
I have been connect with Randstad for two years now, and have found the staff to be very helpful and diligent about finding me temporary work positions.I have worked a a wide range of light industrial concerns over my time with them, and have enjoyed the variety of positions that they have found for me.
Pros
Supposrtive staff, variable work environments
Dedicated Recruiters assisting you to find ideal match for your skill set.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 November 2016
This assignment is perfect for me. It is a very professional organization where I can utilize my advanced office administration skills and organizational skills. The office is close to home and the work hours and salary are very good. Management and my co-workers are all very sociable and nice people and are extremely helpful in learning about the organization to assist me in being successful during this assignment.
Distribution contractor
distribution contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
The job was repetitive and required attention to detail, while ticketing and packaging. Co-workers were sometimes helpful. Turn over was very high. Payroll was inconsistent with lots of mistakes, and sometimes non-payment, onsite manager was more interested in recruiting new staff, and training was very poor.
Pros
Choice of day or night shifts
Short term Contract * telecommunication Company *
Customer Service Representative- Marketing (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON24 October 2016
Randstad is a great agency to work for,

I was able to work with a great company I enjoyed my contract the staff was amazing I learned a lot in a short period of time. I was able to grasp the company's product and interrupt what I learned to help customers upgrade services based on their current business needs .This was a great challenge for me. I had an amazing team mates that helped answer all my questions and believe me I had a lot as this industry I was helping out in was all so new to me.
I would of stayed forever with the company Randstad sent me to help out.
Productive workplace getting merchandice ready for stores
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
Worked at Randstad’s client TJX Canada in the Distribution Centre performing receiving duties such as manually loading and off-loading trailers, packaging, ticketing, labeling, operating a pump truck, lifting up to 50 pounds of boxes and helping with other general labour duties as required. The work was okay, some boxes we had to lift were heavy, but team lifting helped us from not breaking our backs.
Pros
Free food on Spirit Days
Cons
Early start time
They help with finding temporary jobs
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 December 2016
I've been put in multiple positions with Ranstad, they've definitely helped with finding temporary work. Although they don't quite help getting you any further than that. Quick and easy way to make money for a short period of time.
Pros
Help with job search
Cons
No solid jobs
productive and fun workplace with deserved salary
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2017
my overall experience with randstad was pretty good ,but unluckily they don't provide clients 20hr per week jobs so being a student had to quit my job otherwise everything was fine.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no flexible timings
Poor management and no good offers
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Image246 January 2017
They don't care about actually giving you what you need. They never follow up with you like other agencies do. Only temporary jobs,no good pay. Not impeessed at all!!
Pros
They are optimistic
Cons
No real/wow offers
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2017
Normal 8 hours a day
How to use all sort of equipment.
Very friendly management.
Workplace culture: I worked with people from all over the world.
The hardest part of my job is fast pace and heavy lifting.
Pros
Meet all kind of people
Good work but low pay.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 October 2016
Great people at Randstad. Offer low paying jobs.worked at Lear Seating in Ajax Ont.I worked as a quality control inspector for the front seats of Dodge . The job was good but the fellow employees were quite rude and racist.
Pros
Steady days
Cons
Working with racists and homophobic people.
Placement Agency
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Region2 November 2016
Enjoyed placement at NAPA. Work environment and relationship with fellow employees was great. Unfortunately failed to convince management I was worthy of full time position.

Would consider opportunities posted by Randstad Cambridge or Waterloo again.
Productive and interactive workplace
Fire alarm Technicians Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2016
I really enjoyed this contract through Randstad, it's probably the most fun I've had on a job because I got to learn something new everyday and that's valuable to me.
Pros
daytime shifts, interactive environment
Company is good to work for.
Warehouse Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 February 2017
Temp Agency work. Randomly called for work,can go days without hearing from them,and have to call numerous times to find something for rest of week. Still, better than the rest.
Pros
Lots of jobs
Cons
Slow times mean fewer jobs.
fun workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC14 October 2016
worked with great people in a fast paced environment. The management team were awesome, If you had any issues they were right on it and would help the best they could.
Pros
great music to listen to, fun people to work with
Cons
long unexpected times for going home, lack of hours
Not a bad place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 February 2017
Testing for new employees is flawed, does not necessarily generate the type of people Randstad wanted. It ruled out many good candidates! Please review this!
Pros
Bonus Structure
Cons
Testing and No Work Life Balance
all good to work for
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 December 2016
very nice people to work for . they are always there when you need them. anytime you need a job they match you to the job that fits the person best due to skills the person have.
Pros
all good
Cons
not enough pay
Meh
Temporary Assignments Employee (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 January 2017
They find you work suited to what you tell them, the only problem is there is no telling when they will call you about having found work for you.
Pros
work and pay
Cons
its temporary assignments
Great Company
Certified Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Randstad. The company provided me with great opportunities to develop my recruitment, and networking skills. Personal growth and development is very important to me, and seek an organization that will provide newer and varying challenges
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
lack of retention for senior employees