Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Versatile with many different options
Temporary Administrator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
Pros: I have excelled in many different administration positions
Cons: Unstable work hours
A typical day depends on the placement. I have done reception duties, contract administration, shipping and receiving, and many other tasks.

I have been fortunate enough to have a variety of placements and have learned new skills at each one. I am very versatile in the duties I can take on. I have learned how to arrange for shipping of very large orders and track the status of delivery, how to receive incoming products, as well as renewing and amending contracts.

I do not have very much contact with Randstad management as I am placed off site.

The co-workers vary based on my placement. Overall I find the people I work with very friendly and inviting.

It is a bit difficult not knowing when or where you will be working next. There is not a whole lot of job security with this company.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people, and learning new skills at each office. I have become very adaptable to my constant changing surroundings.
Unremarkable
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2016
At one time CNC Global had an innovative fun culture. After the acquisition of Randstad the organization changed and became a typical global company solely focused on their own bottom line while promoting a very weak management team to run the show. Not a recommended company to work for.
Great agency to work for.
Industrial Support Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Paid every week.
Cons: No raises, have to work X amount of hours before qualifying to be hired by the client.
Enjoy working where there is training for different job duties, being moved around so you don't get bored working in the same spot for weeks on end.
Contract continuosly extended
Temporary Contract-Customer Care Reprsentative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: staff, computer based work
Cons: long hours, underpaid, unrealistic expectations
With hard work and dedication my 2 to 4 week contract was extended until I unfortunately chose to commence maternity leave after four and a half months. A typical day would be checking and responding to emails and opening 3 systems, combining all of the information to one place, sending it off to a different team so that they could do their job.Sadly, Management is the reason I have chosen not to return to the placement I had been with. My coworkers were extremely helpful if ever I needed any assistance in anything at all. The hardest part of this job was the lack of professionalism I experienced with my immediate supervisor. The most enjoyable was the amount of information and knowledge I learned and took away with me.
Good source of temporary contracts
Temporary/Contract Labourer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
enjoyed working for randstad, was placed in a variety of different work environments, recruiters were accommodating and friendly. No problems with management, only issue was instability of contracts (being out of work for a couple of weeks at a time during down seasons)
Provides a number of flexible working conditions
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Provided various employment opportunities
Cons: Some jobs are seasonal
The management and staff of Randstad are friendly and approachable. They were most helpful in providing employment to its pool of workers. They coordinated closely with their principal customers with regard to manpower deployment.
Nice company
Drafting Support Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, organized work flow
Cons: tight work rooms, no proper coffee room
Very relaxed working environment with nice people and managers. Everyone is friendly, including top people. In fact, I worked there for a year I still don't know who was whose boss. They all wanted to finish the work cooperatively rather than ordering around. I also liked the diversity of people at the company and how well they got along all coming from different cultures and religions.
A job when you really need a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 6, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: it's Linergy
This place is an accident waiting to happen. Metal bits everywhere. Highly disorganized and management doesn't seem to know what it is doing. If you need a job then it's the place for you. But keep looking while working here if you have the energy after the mandatory overtime and extra long shifts. Don't expect any holidays and be prepared for last minute promised holiday hours to change the night before or shift before.
Best work for students with different availability
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Flexible shifts
Cons: Unpredictable jobs
I get called, ask if I accept the job, and if so, receive full information with location, and a shift.

I receive a weekly salary every Thursday of the total sum of my shifts from Monday to Sunday.

Best work for the inexperience.
Great personalities to work with. This helped especially in this fast paced environment
Billing Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Treat Fridays
Cons: Long commute
- Managing time sheets to prepare for weekly payroll run.
- there were too many manual processes, which created numerous exceptions. Because of the pace, there was little focus on process improvement.
- Accounting System was not very intuitive, thus too much reliance on Job aids.
- Very supportive management that treated staff with care and respect. This really helped to ease the truly stressful task of timely payroll processing.
Great company
Business Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
I have had a few different temp job while hired as a Ranstad client,
I have worked at Great West life as a receptionist,
as a Event assistant at Calgary even planning team and the Canadian blood Services as a business administrative.
The poeple I worked with was great, very polite and nice, I have learn a lot of the business administrative field and really enjoyed the work environment.
I am more effcient at data entry, able to handle a multi-line phone call in a profeessional manner, able to creat documents and schedulling for different departments.
Good knowledge of product and research information for higher volume sales
wish positions lasted longer
general labourer (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioAugust 26, 2015
Cons: temporary
Basic Light lifting
Packing
Order picking

Wished position given lasted longer than 2 months. Seems like just before probationary period, the "assignment" completes and im left waiting for another opportunity. Cant raise a family when your uncertain how long you will last.
Spécialiste des comptes payables (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not enough training
Environment is very important to me so this is what is good about working at Randstad. I am glad to have had the opportunity to work here and gain more experience, which in the end will allow me to be more confident in finding another job.
Temp posisition
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Stable 5 day a week job with predictable hours and hourly wage
Cons: Bad job security
Further information in regards to this job is available upon request. Please use the contact information located on the resume to ask any further questions.
It was a good experience.
General Labourer (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: It was a job with a chance for advancement.
Cons: Not enough hours.
It was a good experience and the people there were fun to work with.It would have been even better if Target Canada hadn't closed.
Good
Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Good, give opportunities to many entry level applicants. Management isn't always looking over at what you're doing. As long as you get the job done, you're good
Excellent job agency, highly reccommend
Final Assembler (Current Employee), Langley BCJuly 18, 2015
Joined May 4th

A very big company

The salary and benefits are outstanding, covered fully 100%
If I were to describe my work environment, I would say it is an interesting experience, I am learning new things day by day more than my previous job I had. Most of the co-workers are friendly but I've seen some that are not willing to co operate for any task that is given. The supervisors are very helpful people, they are very polite and take everything easy and calm. I am glad to be apart of the team.

I would like to thank my job agent for giving me such a wonderful experience at Philips
Good team environment and friendly people.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Caledon, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Special events, food, people.
Cons: pay rate. Distance to work.
Fast paced environment with some heavy lifting. I liked the people I worked with, friendly and cooperative. I learned the RF scanning system on top of a wide range of products. I really liked the lunch room, it was large and it had a range of vending machines. I was impressed with the management at Legacy, they were professional and very helpful. The Lady that hired me was very pleasant. She always had a ready smile. The lifting was the hardest part of the job because one had to assembly a lot of products onto skids. I liked the vibe at work, people were very friendly and happy to help out.
They post ads that don't exist
labourer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: dishonest unreliable
I went through the testing and registration then applied for numerous positions that were advertised only to be told by a staff member that they don't actually have those spots to fill,they do it to get resumes in the door. I call it job creation for the staff so that they have a job. I registered in may and after months passed they haven't given me any work. ...TOTALLY WASTE OF ANYBODYS TIME
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Jobs available weekly
Cons: Lomg term benefits/Insurance
Great place to work if you are looking for a job.
There have convenient locations everywhere in Canada.
Jobs are updated on a daily basis and you can start asap.
They need to work on Benefits/Insurance
There is always room for improvement,
Links