Randstad Employee Reviews in Canada

Great agency to work for.
Industrial Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2016
Enjoy working where there is training for different job duties, being moved around so you don't get bored working in the same spot for weeks on end.
Pros
Paid every week.
Cons
No raises, have to work X amount of hours before qualifying to be hired by the client.
Best work for students with different availability
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 22, 2016
I get called, ask if I accept the job, and if so, receive full information with location, and a shift.

I receive a weekly salary every Thursday of the total sum of my shifts from Monday to Sunday.

Best work for the inexperience.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Unpredictable jobs
Versatile with many different options
Temporary Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
A typical day depends on the placement. I have done reception duties, contract administration, shipping and receiving, and many other tasks.

I have been fortunate enough to have a variety of placements and have learned new skills at each one. I am very versatile in the duties I can take on. I have learned how to arrange for shipping of very large orders and track the status of delivery, how to receive incoming products, as well as renewing and amending contracts.

I do not have very much contact with Randstad management as I am placed off site.

The co-workers vary based on my placement. Overall I find the people I work with very friendly and inviting.

It is a bit difficult not knowing when or where you will be working next. There is not a whole lot of job security with this company.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people, and learning new skills at each office. I have become very adaptable to my constant changing surroundings.
Pros
I have excelled in many different administration positions
Cons
Unstable work hours
Spécialiste des comptes payables (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Environment is very important to me so this is what is good about working at Randstad. I am glad to have had the opportunity to work here and gain more experience, which in the end will allow me to be more confident in finding another job.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough training
Excellent job agency, highly reccommend
Final Assembler (Current Employee) –  Langley BCJuly 18, 2015
Joined May 4th

A very big company

The salary and benefits are outstanding, covered fully 100%
If I were to describe my work environment, I would say it is an interesting experience, I am learning new things day by day more than my previous job I had. Most of the co-workers are friendly but I've seen some that are not willing to co operate for any task that is given. The supervisors are very helpful people, they are very polite and take everything easy and calm. I am glad to be apart of the team.

I would like to thank my job agent for giving me such a wonderful experience at Philips
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a job.
There have convenient locations everywhere in Canada.
Jobs are updated on a daily basis and you can start asap.
They need to work on Benefits/Insurance
There is always room for improvement,
Pros
Jobs available weekly
Cons
Lomg term benefits/Insurance
wish positions lasted longer
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioAugust 26, 2015
Basic Light lifting
Packing
Order picking

Wished position given lasted longer than 2 months. Seems like just before probationary period, the "assignment" completes and im left waiting for another opportunity. Cant raise a family when your uncertain how long you will last.
Cons
temporary
Randstad Internship
HR and Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2016
I really enjoy working with candidates and helping them find employment that is the right "fit". The best feeling is being able to witness the recruitment cycle from start to finish.
My responsibilities include working closely with staffing consultants to match the right candidates with the right roles using applications like Randstad Connect, company fit, boss fit, job fit, and co-worker/supervisor feedback. I conduct between 10 to 15 face-to-face interviews using various assessments on a weekly basis for positions pertaining to unilingual and bilingual contact centre and customer care roles. I also document phone screenings, reference checks and candidate calls.
The entire staff are super friendly and answer any questions that I have had. I love working with them and each and every staff member is really helping me learn hands on about the world of recruitment and how it relates to the world of HR. Thank you, Randstad, for allowing me to gain such valuable knowledge during my time interning here!
Randstad was very helpful in getting me a tool and die position.
LICENCED TOOL AND DIE MAKER (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 29, 2016
Go in and get informed from previous shift on work needed to be done .
Learned a lot about deep draw automotive transmission clutch basket forming using rollers.
Management was great.with a lot of hands on work so that they
could see what was happening.
All my co-workers were extremely helpful and friendly making my job enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was finding spare parts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making the proper choice on the down production equipment or die and seeing it run..
Great company
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
I have had a few different temp job while hired as a Ranstad client,
I have worked at Great West life as a receptionist,
as a Event assistant at Calgary even planning team and the Canadian blood Services as a business administrative.
The poeple I worked with was great, very polite and nice, I have learn a lot of the business administrative field and really enjoyed the work environment.
I am more effcient at data entry, able to handle a multi-line phone call in a profeessional manner, able to creat documents and schedulling for different departments.
Good knowledge of product and research information for higher volume sales
Unremarkable
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2016
At one time CNC Global had an innovative fun culture. After the acquisition of Randstad the organization changed and became a typical global company solely focused on their own bottom line while promoting a very weak management team to run the show. Not a recommended company to work for.
Contract continuosly extended
Temporary Contract-Customer Care Reprsentative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2015
With hard work and dedication my 2 to 4 week contract was extended until I unfortunately chose to commence maternity leave after four and a half months. A typical day would be checking and responding to emails and opening 3 systems, combining all of the information to one place, sending it off to a different team so that they could do their job.Sadly, Management is the reason I have chosen not to return to the placement I had been with. My coworkers were extremely helpful if ever I needed any assistance in anything at all. The hardest part of this job was the lack of professionalism I experienced with my immediate supervisor. The most enjoyable was the amount of information and knowledge I learned and took away with me.
Pros
staff, computer based work
Cons
long hours, underpaid, unrealistic expectations
Provides a number of flexible working conditions
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 1, 2016
The management and staff of Randstad are friendly and approachable. They were most helpful in providing employment to its pool of workers. They coordinated closely with their principal customers with regard to manpower deployment.
Pros
Provided various employment opportunities
Cons
Some jobs are seasonal
Good source of temporary contracts
Temporary/Contract Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
enjoyed working for randstad, was placed in a variety of different work environments, recruiters were accommodating and friendly. No problems with management, only issue was instability of contracts (being out of work for a couple of weeks at a time during down seasons)
Great
Administrative Specialist/Field Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2016
Ranstand is great and the temp assignment hours are great aswell
but I have been with the company for 4+ years The assignment managerment is still in highschool mindset they make up reason to close a your assignment who are real hard workers cause they get a little intemdiated _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
too much turnover of rep.
Job Bank not accomodating
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCMarch 10, 2016
They were able to give me different jobs at any one time. Mostly short term and some long term. Job bank not very full at the time of my employment and would have like to have more jobs in my field.
Positive Work Environment
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 2, 2016
Working at Randstad is my first formal work experience in Canada. Through the six-month period, I did learned a lot including effective communication skills and interaction skills. All my colleagues, supervisors, and manager were friendly and kind. I like the workplace.
Great Company.
Shipper/ Receiver and Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 27, 2016
Great balance of client and employee professionalism. Hard working, honest and excellent communicators. Good placement into a productive and safe work environment. They followed up to ensure I was satisfied with my employment position.
Pros
Relentless Work Ethic
Cons
No cons
productive workplace with friendly atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 14, 2016
Have got wonderfull experiences with very friendly atmosphere .Co workers were very supportive.Didn't feel any hard times because of the support.Each and every moment was enjoyable and step by step to learn more about GMP and quality related training which help to follow the 100% quality product.
It was a good experience.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONFebruary 2, 2016
It was a good experience and the people there were fun to work with.It would have been even better if Target Canada hadn't closed.
Pros
It was a job with a chance for advancement.
Cons
Not enough hours.