Randstad

Randstad Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Variety
Recall - Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Kanata, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: an hour for lunch
Cons: cubicles
A variety of calls versus paperwork. Process work orders and assist callers with navigating through the web based program to order charts.
It is a temp agency.
Account Payable Clerk (TEMP) (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 21, 2014
Pros: no interview
Cons: no benefits, sick days, raises...
I actually had a good placement, but with no benefits or job security.

Not really unexpected, it is a temp agency.
Fun place to work for people who like factory wok
Order Picker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 26, 2014
i liked working here but i need a filed job in hospitality. This job works for women with familes and in need of some extra income.
Great Internship!
Recruiter (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Learned about the full cycle recruitment process! It was a great stepping stone in learning about recruitment. The Team was also very helpful.
Good Temp agency to work for.
General labourer (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good about taking days off.
Cons: communication could be better at times.
general labour. solid hours. good co workers, bad co workers were weeded out quickly.
Productive and Interactive Management
Packaging (Current Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 15, 2014
Cons: standing in place for hours
Management was outstanding, very nice but assertive. A typical day would consist of arriving at work and clocking in. Then report to your assigned group and start your groups job. Most enjoyable part was the moving when I had the chance to, lifting and moving the product. Least enjoyable was the standing in one spot for hours. Over my time there I learned – more... how a little more on how a factory worked and what it consist of. – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
Canada Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch at certain times
Cons: hectic
Excellent workplace, Great company excellent employees.
Friendly work Environment
shipper (Former Employee), dallard des ormeauxFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the pressure put on certain staff
Starts out by a meeting. People get the jobs they need to do that day. everyone know what their doing so theirs no need for a big explanation. everyone works well together. the hardest part of the job is getting things done on a timely sheduale. the thing i most enjoyed about this job was how friendly everyone was.
clean, team working enviornment
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: a four day work week
Cons: lack of respect as a temp employee
- to monitor and fix problem locations within the inventory system
- to maintain company policy and inventory standards
- to keep an accurate account of all inventory within the building.
- Identify and set aside any product that does not quality standards
A good place to start
General Laborer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: very little required to sign up, variety of work locations
Cons: unstable hours that you can't support yourself on forever
Randstad is a staffing agency, meaning that while I am their employee, they actually send me out to various locations that require an extra hand for the day.
I call in on Monday and let them know that I am available for work that week and then wait to hear if there's anywhere that could use a worker for the day.
This is great in that you can work in – more... a lot of places you've never thought of before, but on the other hand, it is extremely unstable. Sometimes you can be continuously working for months at a time, while other times you haven't worked in any number of days/weeks/months.
The actual Randstad staff are nice and helpful, doing what they can to get you work and keep your WHIMIS, etc. up to date. – less
Exciting, very fast paced
Production Control (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: contract position
I now have a better understanding of reading blueprints. All of the co-workers were easy to get along with and were always willing to give a helping hand when necessary.
Productive office with friendly coworkers and supportive management
Business Development Coordinator/Resource Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: excellent team environment
Cons: job orders reflected the market
My typical day at work consisted of
- Making 60 cold calls in the morning through Excel spread sheets
- Linkedin searches for potential candidates
- Conducting two candidate or energy professional (referrals) meetings/interviews per day
- Two candidate presentations to Account Managers per day
- Reviewing/making adjustments to resumes
- 2-3 reference – more... checks per candidate
- Entering all e-mails, phone call conversations, resumes, personal information and voice mail messages into ProConnect database
- Mapping out potential clients departments or divisions using Visio
- Organizing my Lead Account Manager's meetings with my own meetings and ensuring that they were compatible with each others schedules.
- Researching Oil&Gas companies to keep up with market trends and news

I learned a great deal about the oil and gas industry, different engineering/energy professionals and what their jobs consist of. I also learned different tactics on how to approach different personalities.

The challenge I faced in my job was to ensure that both the recruiter and the account manager communicated sufficiently so that they could relay the correct information back to either the candidate or the client.

What I enjoyed most was meeting new people and hearing each individuals career story and their accomplishments. After every meeting I always learned something new.

Management was very supportive and everyone was made clear of their three expectations.
1. Positive Attitude
2. Strong work ethic
3. Doing all of your activities on a daily basis – less
Yay for Temporaries!
Mail-Room Clerk (Former Employee), Langley, BCJanuary 19, 2014
Randstad is a company that looks for people to fill in at their various offices around the Lower Mainland for temporary positions for temporary periods of time.
review
Talent Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2014
All co-workers are very nice and friendly. Randstad provides on-going training and support.
Temporary assignment/placement agency
General Labourer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling based on your availability
Cons: no guarantee for working hours
-assignments varied from shipping/receiving to light manufacturing based on my skills,experience, education and interest

- learn a wide range of skills from constantly having to learn and adapt to new working environment
poor
horrilble company (Former Employee), mississauga ontDecember 15, 2013
horrible agency to work for ... i never worked in labour but all the jobs they send was labour, very poor personal interview you when you go to the agency office.. the girls there are so asked you the most dumbest questions.... have 17 years of office experience and wants you to work in the factory jobs.....
Lots to learn and challenging
SALES AND STAFFING Consultant (Current Employee), Montreal, QcDecember 12, 2013
Great way to learn how to properly develop a market, 360 staffing solution. Fun environment!
Randstad itself is a great company, my department was not
Administrator (Former Employee), Head OfficeDecember 5, 2013
Pros: lunches, treat days, beer fridays
Cons: long hours required, poor management no guidence
Randstad is a really good company to work for, the department I worked for however was not. The company has lots of weekly and monthly events that make working for them fun. Other departments were very happy and the employees looked forward to coming to work everyday. The people in other departments had lunches together and liked their co workers. The – more... department I worked for was an awful experience. There was little to no guidance and the managers did not have the skills necessary or the ability to be good managers. The company has a great atmosphere but our departments was very oppressive. Everyone had their headphones in and could not care less about who was sitting next to them. Any events the company was having were usually not attended by my department or were attended briefly. Most were looking for a way out of the department. We had a legit morale problem and the managers were unable to solve it by their halfhearted attempts. You will know within an hour which department this is if you get hired because there will be no attempt to integrate the new coworker within the department. You will be left to your own devices very quickly and most likely will not have an on boarding. – less
Productive and good workplace
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: temporary work
It was a good company to work for, although it was not a permanent position.
Good for temporary work
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 3, 2013
Often had assignments, some assignments were for a decent period of time, pay grade seemed low often, assignments could end at any time, sometimes didn't follow through on over time pay.

1 2 3 4 5

About Randstad

Randstad Holding N.V. is a worldwide temporary employment company specializing in flexible work and human resources (HR) services, – Read more