Randstad Employee Reviews

Dedicated Recruiters assisting you to find ideal match for your skill set.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 November 2016
This assignment is perfect for me. It is a very professional organization where I can utilize my advanced office administration skills and organizational skills. The office is close to home and the work hours and salary are very good. Management and my co-workers are all very sociable and nice people and are extremely helpful in learning about the organization to assist me in being successful during this assignment.
Koodo
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2016
It is a good place to work
Very sales based
Good environment
Management is ok
Job culture is ok
Salary is ok- commission plus base
Have to sell in order to make decent money
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2017
Normal 8 hours a day
How to use all sort of equipment.
Very friendly management.
Workplace culture: I worked with people from all over the world.
The hardest part of my job is fast pace and heavy lifting.
Pros
Meet all kind of people
Temp agency
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 January 2017
Its a temp agency it will all depend on your placement. paid weekly raise after 3 months. benefits are offered after a certain time which is nice for a temp agency
Temporary Placement Agency
Office Administrator/Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
I did enjoy working for the property management company that Randstad assigned me to. I got the chance to learn another widely used property management software and different procedures & processes than what I was used to. All in all it was a positive experience.
Pros
Temporary agencies are a good way of checking out different companies
Cons
Length of assignment was not known until the day it ended
A Great company with great benefits
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Randstad Canada is a great company, atmosphere is challenging and relax at the same time. Management is supportive.
Provide good benefits and vacation
Distribution contractor
distribution contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
The job was repetitive and required attention to detail, while ticketing and packaging. Co-workers were sometimes helpful. Turn over was very high. Payroll was inconsistent with lots of mistakes, and sometimes non-payment, onsite manager was more interested in recruiting new staff, and training was very poor.
Pros
Choice of day or night shifts
Placement Agency
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Region2 November 2016
Enjoyed placement at NAPA. Work environment and relationship with fellow employees was great. Unfortunately failed to convince management I was worthy of full time position.

Would consider opportunities posted by Randstad Cambridge or Waterloo again.
Not a bad place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 February 2017
Testing for new employees is flawed, does not necessarily generate the type of people Randstad wanted. It ruled out many good candidates! Please review this!
Pros
Bonus Structure
Cons
Testing and No Work Life Balance
Not What They Appear
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 February 2017
A temp agency, who appears very friendly at first. But the things they say behind closed doors about their workers, is appalling, and cruel. They really don't care about your health, unless it suits them too. If your life, can't fit their requirements, they won't find you a placement. In fact, they'll string you along, as long as they can, just so you don't go elsewhere.
In hind sight, this is the last temp agency I should have ever chosen to go with. I've heard way better things about Prodigy, and should have gone there instead. Would have saved me some wasted time.
Short term Contract * telecommunication Company *
Customer Service Representative- Marketing (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON24 October 2016
Randstad is a great agency to work for,

I was able to work with a great company I enjoyed my contract the staff was amazing I learned a lot in a short period of time. I was able to grasp the company's product and interrupt what I learned to help customers upgrade services based on their current business needs .This was a great challenge for me. I had an amazing team mates that helped answer all my questions and believe me I had a lot as this industry I was helping out in was all so new to me.
I would of stayed forever with the company Randstad sent me to help out.
Versatile with many different options
Temporary Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2016
A typical day depends on the placement. I have done reception duties, contract administration, shipping and receiving, and many other tasks.

I have been fortunate enough to have a variety of placements and have learned new skills at each one. I am very versatile in the duties I can take on. I have learned how to arrange for shipping of very large orders and track the status of delivery, how to receive incoming products, as well as renewing and amending contracts.

I do not have very much contact with Randstad management as I am placed off site.

The co-workers vary based on my placement. Overall I find the people I work with very friendly and inviting.

It is a bit difficult not knowing when or where you will be working next. There is not a whole lot of job security with this company.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people, and learning new skills at each office. I have become very adaptable to my constant changing surroundings.
Pros
I have excelled in many different administration positions
Cons
Unstable work hours
fun workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC14 October 2016
worked with great people in a fast paced environment. The management team were awesome, If you had any issues they were right on it and would help the best they could.
Pros
great music to listen to, fun people to work with
Cons
long unexpected times for going home, lack of hours
Great Company
Certified Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Randstad. The company provided me with great opportunities to develop my recruitment, and networking skills. Personal growth and development is very important to me, and seek an organization that will provide newer and varying challenges
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
lack of retention for senior employees
Great company for finding temporary work positions
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 February 2017
I have been connect with Randstad for two years now, and have found the staff to be very helpful and diligent about finding me temporary work positions.I have worked a a wide range of light industrial concerns over my time with them, and have enjoyed the variety of positions that they have found for me.
Pros
Supposrtive staff, variable work environments
Productive workplace getting merchandice ready for stores
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
Worked at Randstad’s client TJX Canada in the Distribution Centre performing receiving duties such as manually loading and off-loading trailers, packaging, ticketing, labeling, operating a pump truck, lifting up to 50 pounds of boxes and helping with other general labour duties as required. The work was okay, some boxes we had to lift were heavy, but team lifting helped us from not breaking our backs.
Pros
Free food on Spirit Days
Cons
Early start time
Randstad was very helpful in getting me a tool and die position.
LICENCED TOOL AND DIE MAKER (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 May 2016
Go in and get informed from previous shift on work needed to be done .
Learned a lot about deep draw automotive transmission clutch basket forming using rollers.
Management was great.with a lot of hands on work so that they
could see what was happening.
All my co-workers were extremely helpful and friendly making my job enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was finding spare parts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making the proper choice on the down production equipment or die and seeing it run..
They help with finding temporary jobs
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 December 2016
I've been put in multiple positions with Ranstad, they've definitely helped with finding temporary work. Although they don't quite help getting you any further than that. Quick and easy way to make money for a short period of time.
Pros
Help with job search
Cons
No solid jobs
Great place to work. Excellent management team, and they are very quick
Warehouse Temp (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 August 2016
I worked here over the years taking assignments in between jobs, They are very friendly and very driven to get you working. Excellent management team.
Cons
Mostly Temporary work
Temp Agency
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 August 2016
Factory setting jobs through a temp agency who actually cares about the well being of their employees by showing concern and providing benefits to those who want/need them.