On behalf of our Cambridge client, we are recruiting for a Shipper/Logistics Coordinator!
What will you be doing?
- Direct the flow of the warehouse, optimizing material locations
- Prepare a shipping list for each contract and submit to the Project Manager and Shipper/Receiver as the schedule dictates.
- Assures that all POD’s (Proof of Delivery) are returned signed from customer sites
- Oversee, co-ordinate and monitor all incoming and outgoing materials, parts, equipment, and production
- Initiate and develop logistics related procedures, and work instructions
- Pre-qualify all logistics/warehouse service providers, including but not limited to 3PL, Trucker, Freight Forwarder, Customs Broker, Rigger/heavy hauler, Packaging Supplier and other supply chain related partners
- Monitor service provider performance and develop strategic relationship; Lead service provider review meetings.
- Ensure customs compliance and appropriate shipping documents are generated
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure best strategies are being applied to project logistics
- Initiate and monitor the project shipping plan
- Liaise customer, procurement/purchasing, production, project manager, engineering, field service, quality and suppliers for all logistics related activities
- Establish and maintain cost estimating for all freight related services to better serve project bidding
- Develop cargo packaging and marking standard and apply to all outbound shipments. Administer the record of all shipments
- Verify all transportation invoices
- Monitor inventory levels and adjust accordingly
- Oversee and train warehouse and shipping/receiving staff
- Maintain department 5S requirement
- Ensure all safety rules and regulations are followed
- Schedule incoming and outgoing rail car and truck movements to ensure adequate capacity, minimizing storage and other charges
- Resolve issues related to shipping accuracy
- To act in an ethical and reasonable manner in business dealings with the company’s suppliers
What's in it for you?
Pay Rate of $18/hr+
Days! (Monday - Friday 7:00 - 3:30)
Availability to bank vacation pay
Our client offers an excellent work environment and benefits package
Randstad care program (ie. performance recognition, employee BBQ's, etc.)
Work for one of Ontario's top 50 employers
What are we looking for?
- 3-5 years experience in relevant field
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of fabrication shop production processes
- Experience working with order processing, transportation planning and inventory management systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain focus in an environment subject to constant change and pressure
- Enthusiastic/High Energy/Hard Working/People Person
How To Apply:
- apply directly to this posting by creating a profile online at www.randstad.ca
- email your resume to the link provided
All candidates must provide updated resume and 2 work related references at the time of interview.
Good to know you!
Indeed - 19 months ago
Randstad Holding N.V. is a worldwide temporary employment company specializing in flexible work and human resources (HR) services, with...