Checks guests in and out of hotel by following proper settlement procedures.
- Communicates with all related departments regarding guest concerns.
- Answers the switchboard and all other related phone duties in a polite and professional manner.
- Handles and competes daily cash summaries following credit policies as outlined by management.
- Fully understands the front desk computer system and how all transactions are posted properly.
- Treats all guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Familiar with all guest programs and fully aware of how they work and how to explain and market them to guests.
- Familiar with various rates charged for types of accommodations available and maximize revenue with every check-in.
- Answers all guest inquiries, complaints concerning the hotel, its services, etc. in a polite and tactful manner.
- Reports all comments regardless of nature to management.
- Verifies and balances daily charges for all departments to guest folios, master accounts and house accounts and makes corrections as necessary
- Balances the room audit
- Runs nightly reports to reset for the next day’s use of balances
- Prepares all credit card vouchers for proper imprints, authorizations and correct amounts
- Prepares and transmits credit card deposits
- Processes all city ledger work to accounting
- Records and balances all food and beverage income
- Balances guest ledger postings to the restaurant audit guest ledger
- Records and balances associates and house changes
- Ensures and monitors the security of the hotel, guests/patrons during the overnight shift
- Other duties as assigned within that department.
Indeed - 14 months ago