Rakia Recruiting is a leader in the recruitment and staffing industry, specializing in connecting the right people with the right opportunities in the Canadian construction, mining, and energy sectors.
Company: Our client has over 30 years of experience in the residential high-rise market. They have completed over 100 major high-rise towers, are one recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and BC Business' Top 100 Companies. They have an immediate opening for an experienced Superintendent to join their dynamic team.
Location: Calgary, Alberta / Edmonton, Alberta
Start Date: ASAP
Role: Reporting to the VP Construction, the Site Superintendent will be accountable to oversee all construction staff on site, liaise with owners, inspectors, and coordinate sub-trades, all within the constraints and on pace with the construction schedule.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience as a Site Superintendent with large scale concrete high rise residential construction, managing the jobs from start to finish
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of commercial construction.
- Technical Education in construction or building science is a strong asset
- Strong understanding and adherence to safety guidelines as set by WorksafeBC
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
- Integrity, humility, honesty and professionalism are must-haves
- Consult with architect, engineer, builder, selections coordinator, trade contractors, and clients on plan revisions and change orders
- Complete daily inspections and walk-throughs of homes
- Take responsibility for keeping sites tidy throughout construction
- Explain quality control standards and supervise implementation
- Ensure homes are built to quality standards, striving for defect-free construction
- Keep builder and project manager informed of production status, updating schedules as necessary
- Order materials, supplies and schedule deliveries. Ensure received orders are inspected, and verified before authorizing payment
- Communicate on job sites, answering questions and ensuring construction meets requirements
- Conduct pre-closing walk-through s with customers and customer service/warranty coordinator
This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive salary package, benefits, and relocation assistance