Rainbow Foods Employee Reviews

Productive and fast-paced position.
PRODUCE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN8 December 2016
Assisted customers in making purchasing decisions and in locating groceries. Unloaded trucks and inspected all deliveries to ensure freshness. Management and co-workers were enjoyable to work with. Most enjoyable part of job was being able to interact with people and assist them.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Schedule varied week to week. Was not a set schedule.
Cashiering
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MN13 January 2017
I enjoyed working with the people I worked with. I enjoyed the management staff. I would not have any negative comments to this company. I would say that I would liked to see that the break room was a more secure place to leave belongings.
Pros
friendly employees, enjoyable environment to work in
Cons
Secure break rooms more for personal belongings
I loved the variety of Decorating
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 February 2017
This store was the busiest of all of the Rainbow Stores. i loved it there because i begged for time insted of watching it. i like a fast past store. When I left the Store Manager begged me to come back.
Pros
My co-workers wher just reat to work with.
Wonderful Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN13 August 2016
Rainbow Foods was a wonderful company based on good prices, safety of products/employees and guests and community. One of the things I really liked about Rainbow Foods is that each staff member took the time to get to know their customers to the best of their abilities. I cannot think of a downside to Rainbow Foods! The coworkers, guests and company are overall wonderful!
Pros
Great Work Enviroment
Cons
N/A
cashier management
Cashier/Floral and Front end manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 February 2017
I started as a cashier, i managed floral department and also 5 cashiers at times separately. it was union-ed, salary was based on hours worked until full time
Pros
benefits was good
Cons
had to be offered fulltime
cool job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA11 December 2016
Good and fair employer with a family atmosphere. Here you will give an honest days work for an honest days pay. Lots of interaction with people and seeing new faces daily
Pros
free lunch
fun place to work, low, low pay
Floor Care/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN21 November 2016
Busy always busy, management really acts like they don't care about the employees or other issues that go on @ the store.
good people
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MN 554169 August 2016
great people but the house are not that flexable if you are looking for a good job for part time work its ok. its a great job if your looking for a job fast
Pros
pay is good people are even better
Great first job
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MN17 April 2016
I started at Rainbow Foods grocery at the age of 16. My first position was the produce clerk for the summer and soon I moved to cashier when school resumed. As cashier I learned a lot about customer service. Within a year I was promoted to service manager where I managed all cashiers and dealt with customer complaints. In all this was a great first job.
Fun Place to work at.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MN26 May 2016
Working a Rainbow Foods is a great working environment. The people I work with are very kind and humble. If I need help with anything they are eager to help. The customers are also great.
Pros
10 % discount
Cons
Short breaks
A very nice place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MN5 April 2016
Very friendly environment and have a willingness to work with a variety of schedules. A wide variety of skills are needed and the ability to operate in fast paced work place.
Rainbow Foods was right across the street.
Bookkeeper, Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MN11 February 2016
I really enjoyed this job. I enjoyed working with my customer and coworkers. The hardest part of the job was holidays. I learned bookkeeping, customer service, management skills, ordering, preventing shrink and much, much more.
loved the coustomers and the job as a hole
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI20 December 2015
Customer service and data entry. I learned to deal with all walks of life and to adapt to any situation. Management was great to work for and the co workers all ways got along. The hardest part of the job was mean people at times. I loved working with the public.
Pros
free food and snacks
Cons
no breaks and no insurance
fast paced.
HR Specialist/Payroll/Front-end Manager (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MN31 December 2015
Company is out of business. Depending on who your manager is or was, your store can be awesome to work at. CSR's are loaded down with a lot of responsibility, that should be done by the Head Cashier.
Pros
Overall was a good company
Cons
Union did not back there employees
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA4 March 2016
The management somewhat good. My co-workers easy to get along with as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job help customers with there grocery.
Alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MN6 March 2015
Most days I would go in and do the same monotonous work over and over again. It was difficult to keep up with all the deals and promotions that changed almost every week without being informed. The coworkers were not very friendly nor were they helpful. Memorizing codes was a huge portion of this job so my memory has benefited from it greatly. While the hardest portion was standing in one spot for hours on end.
Pros
Union with Benifits
Cons
Non-informative
Productive and a ton of things to do.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN30 December 2014
I worked as a cashier and then moved to bakery because I had to the opportunity too. I worked in frozen and grocery a few times as well. I learned a lot about bakery things and how receiving works. Management was very nice and very welcoming. Very nice co-workers. No drama. The hardest part about the job was making sure every step was done at a certain time. I mostly enjoyed working with my bakery manager because we could have fun and work in seriousness as well.
Pros
Paid lunches, fun co-workers, understanding management
Cons
No enough pay
Good work enviroment
Produce Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA10 December 2014
This was a good job at far as how everyone works together. I learned how to be kind to people and not take things personal. Managers are alright depending on who you are some are better than others. The best part of the job they have Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. They also give out employees who have been there for at least a year Christmas bonuses.
Pros
not a lot labor
Cons
the head manager is sometimes disrespectful
Great Job, good communication with everyone, solid work environment
Warehouse/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN22 October 2014
Our typical work days at Rainbow were always busy and fast paced. The shift usually went by very quickly. I learned a lot about working as a team and getting the job done. Management worked very close with the team and treated us with respect. My co-workers and I worked as a team and always backed each other up. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day where we could actually see the fantastic job we had just done for our company.
Pros
Fast pasted and team work
Cons
heathcare coverage
Fast paced enviorment at times, but rewarding.
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MN25 July 2014
Customer service was the largest part of my job, and enjoyed the interaction with our customers.
As a CSR, my responsibilities were to see that the front end ran smoothly i.e.: making sure customers were taken care of; floor calls were answered; telephone calls taken; breaks were given to cashiers; tills were reconciled and so much more.
Pros
The wonderful customers andthe comraderie with employees.
Cons
None to mention.