Rainbow Foods Employee Reviews

good people
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MN 55416August 9, 2016
great people but the house are not that flexable if you are looking for a good job for part time work its ok. its a great job if your looking for a job fast
Pros
pay is good people are even better
Fun Place to work at.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMay 26, 2016
Working a Rainbow Foods is a great working environment. The people I work with are very kind and humble. If I need help with anything they are eager to help. The customers are also great.
Pros
10 % discount
Cons
Short breaks
Great first job
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 17, 2016
I started at Rainbow Foods grocery at the age of 16. My first position was the produce clerk for the summer and soon I moved to cashier when school resumed. As cashier I learned a lot about customer service. Within a year I was promoted to service manager where I managed all cashiers and dealt with customer complaints. In all this was a great first job.
A very nice place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 5, 2016
Very friendly environment and have a willingness to work with a variety of schedules. A wide variety of skills are needed and the ability to operate in fast paced work place.
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 4, 2016
The management somewhat good. My co-workers easy to get along with as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job help customers with there grocery.
I loved working for Rainbow foods
Cake decorator/ Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNFebruary 23, 2016
My days at work were busy and I loved that. I played many roles and knew all the aspects of everything in that bakery and that meant in one day at work I could bake,package product, decorate cakes, and put orders in. It was a very stressful job,but I seem to work pretty good under pressure.
When I first came to Rainbow Foods all I knew how to do was decorate cakes ( I had about 12 years of experience at that time) I learned so much after that. I learned how to bake, manage people, do all the ordering, All the little details, such as cleaning, checking temps on all coolers/freezers. the importance of good sanitation standards.
I learned a lot from the managers. I liked them all, even the real strict ones because I learned the most from them and they had high expectations, which in turn made me have the same mind set. They taught me how to manage people. I also had good co-workers and miss them!
The hardest part of my job was the worry if i would be able to get everything done for the day. I did most days, and if not i knew how to arrange things so the most important things got done , and put off what couldn't get done until the next day. It always worked out in the end.
The holidays were the best part of my job, because I love the busy hustle,bustle, and loved helping the customers and wishing them a happy holiday (whatever holiday it was). I loved having the spirit of the holiday in the department and to have that cheer carry on to the customers.
Pros
Paid vacations, paid medical insurance, bonuses at the end of year whenever our store met all the standards. Paid holidays.
Cons
Short Breaks.
Rainbow Foods was right across the street.
Bookkeeper, Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNFebruary 11, 2016
I really enjoyed this job. I enjoyed working with my customer and coworkers. The hardest part of the job was holidays. I learned bookkeeping, customer service, management skills, ordering, preventing shrink and much, much more.
fast paced.
HR Specialist/Payroll/Front-end Manager (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNDecember 31, 2015
Company is out of business. Depending on who your manager is or was, your store can be awesome to work at. CSR's are loaded down with a lot of responsibility, that should be done by the Head Cashier.
Pros
Overall was a good company
Cons
Union did not back there employees
loved the coustomers and the job as a hole
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 20, 2015
Customer service and data entry. I learned to deal with all walks of life and to adapt to any situation. Management was great to work for and the co workers all ways got along. The hardest part of the job was mean people at times. I loved working with the public.
Pros
free food and snacks
Cons
no breaks and no insurance
Basically worked alone without direct supervision,challenging yet rewarding in many ways.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 3, 2015
Rainbow Foods LLC opened it's doors in 2004 for a community that was in need of a grocery store by private owners.

There were many challenges, but none that couldn't be overcome with the experience of our team and owners who had been in the grocery business for 30 plus years.

For me personally, a typical day was having the ability to shift gears and re priortize given an unforeseen issue that may arise, either in HR or AP. The postition I was originally hired for, Price Coordinator quickly turned into Office manager. I am proud to admit, this sudden promotion was a self taught position. It was certainly a challenge, however it allowed me to learn a wide range of responsibilites from the legal aspects of running a business, Insurance including health, workers comp and liability, accounts payable using QuickBooks, among many other aspects of the job title.

I was fortunate to work along with co workers from many different backgrounds, which enabled me to learn better communication skills.
It was rewarding for me being over HR and developing a genuine repoire within healthy boundaries.

I would consider year end requirements the toughfest. The daily responsibilities had to continue, but that's when you just do what you have to and put in the hours needed to complete the task.
Pros
Benefits, health insurance, mileage reimbursement, paid vacation, Christmas bonus & a cruise.
Cons
No window in my office.
Life as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 8, 2015
On a day to day basis I counted my register to make sure I can start my day. After I count my register I check my work station to make sure my work environment clean and safe to work in.
Pros
learning new experiences
Cons
Only could work until 10pm Beacause of being a student
Fun, respectable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MinnesotaJune 24, 2015
I managed Cashiers, handled money. Dealt with the customers that needed refunds or that were not happy with their visit to our store.
I love working with people.
Pros
Working with people, My co workers were great
productive,
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 2, 2015
typical day of work is stocking operation of fork lift, and some maintance, also very good dealing with customers, co workers are pleasant to work with
Pros
health care, and vacations
Good Benefits and flexible
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNMarch 30, 2015
Flexible and good benefits great people to work with. Get paid vacation and holidays. worst part of job working grave yard shifts
Pros
Paid vacation and holidays
Cons
Bad uniforms for job being done
Good transitional job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 22, 2015
Learned customer service and to be a cashier, Performed dairy inventory and restocked the shelves. worked weekends and evenings to fill in while I was in high school and college.
Pros
good transitional job
Cons
worked most holidays
Alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 6, 2015
Most days I would go in and do the same monotonous work over and over again. It was difficult to keep up with all the deals and promotions that changed almost every week without being informed. The coworkers were not very friendly nor were they helpful. Memorizing codes was a huge portion of this job so my memory has benefited from it greatly. While the hardest portion was standing in one spot for hours on end.
Pros
union with benifits
Cons
non-informative
terrible
private (Former Employee) –  minneapolis, mnJanuary 9, 2015
very political, people only care about themselves, very cutthroat.
Cons
run while you still can
Productive and a ton of things to do.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 30, 2014
I worked as a cashier and then moved to bakery because I had to the opportunity too. I worked in frozen and grocery a few times as well. I learned a lot about bakery things and how receiving works. Management was very nice and very welcoming. Very nice co-workers. No drama. The hardest part about the job was making sure every step was done at a certain time. I mostly enjoyed working with my bakery manager because we could have fun and work in seriousness as well.
Pros
paid lunches, fun co-workers, understanding management
Cons
no enough pay
closed
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNDecember 23, 2014
didnt like the store director, i didnt like the location or the job itself i was glad to get transferred to Cub foods
Good work enviroment
Produce Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 10, 2014
This was a good job at far as how everyone works together. I learned how to be kind to people and not take things personal. Managers are alright depending on who you are some are better than others. The best part of the job they have Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. They also give out employees who have been there for at least a year Christmas bonuses.
Pros
not a lot labor
Cons
the head manager is sometimes disrespectful