Rainbow Foods

Rainbow Foods Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced enviorment at times, but rewarding.
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Cottage Grove, MNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the wonderful customers andthe comraderie with employees.
Cons: none to mention.
Customer service was the largest part of my job, and enjoyed the interaction with our customers.
As a CSR, my responsibilities were to see that the front end ran smoothly i.e.: making sure customers were taken care of; floor calls were answered; telephone calls taken; breaks were given to cashiers; tills were reconciled and so much more.
Good Experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 24, 2014
What I did as a Customer Service Manager was working at the Service Desk which included resolving customer's issues with receipts, fixing issues with pricing, training other employees, and and also making sure the experience of my store was overall a pleasant one. I learned that taking care of customers is what builds reputations. I also learned important – more... team-work and leadership skills. Being a manager opened my eyes and I am very excited to experience other opportunities. My co-workers were my best friends and I can't wait to connect with many more people.
I think the hardest part about my job was some of the managers and other employees were not very team oriented. They pushed their work off to other employees and weren't very pleasant to work with. On the other side, the best part about my job was connecting with all of the customers and other employees. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting people and making their experience the best that it could be. – less
An okay place to work, but not great if looking for full time
Grocery/Night Stock (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: decent length breaks, okay pay, not too difficult job
Cons: bad management, no advancement, and pay freezes
Typically depending on what day/night it was you were either stocking the shelves and facing the store to look nice for the customers in the morning, or you were simply facing the store and then working any overstock from the back to shelves.

Occasionally you would have to do other things such as pushing carts off the lot that were left over from the – more... day, or work on another department's stuff if they were behind, but otherwise, it was pretty straight forward.

We had our fair share of bad workers and bad managers, but what business doesn't have those?

Sadly, the business is closing in a week. – less
Productive meat market.
Meat Market Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasJuly 7, 2014
Pros: working with highly motived people.
Cons: store closed down.
Work with highly motivated personnel. Putting out the best product for customers. Meeting all standards required for food handling.
Great and friendly place to work! I will Miss this place!
Floral Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2014
I will miss Rainbow. This company will close its doors soon and I need to move on. Its overall a swell place to work!
They hired me during a teamsters strike then told me I wouldn't get paid during the strike.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: unstable work environment.
Employees came last in the way they ran the place. stressful environment to work in.
Fun place
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee), Savage, MNJune 9, 2014
Nice people. Friendly customers. Caring co workers. They made you feel important welcomed
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALJune 3, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: being cold
Loved working there just was cold as all get out. We were on the highway and we had a lot of people from out of town. worst part was being cold all the time.
great experience til they folded
Receiving Mgr (Former Employee), Fleming, COMay 23, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: no structure
awesome upstart company but not ready for west texas yet. the company still invested money in its empployees
fun place to work
Stock Clerk/Asst. Night Manager (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNMay 11, 2014
fun and fast paced work 21+years experience coworkers are easy to get along with
great place to work
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 7, 2014
love to multitask and work on multiple tasks can handle many things at same time while still offering excellent customer service as well as training and coaching employees in the store, very good with people of all types
Great
Cashier, Customer Service, Stock (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALApril 14, 2014
Pros: people, job title, enviroment
Cons: pay
Great people and environment to work in. Loved my part time job never complained about having to go into work.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 23, 2014
No room for advancement
high turn over
Part time hours mostly
No given raises
Dirty environment
fun environment to work in, friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia Heights, MNFebruary 5, 2014
cashiered, assisted customers, maintained work area
how to operate a cash register
money handling
fun friendly environment
handling an angry customer
working with the public
I would take orders for cakes. And I would also cashier.
Bakery, customer service (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJanuary 9, 2014
It was a fun place to work, I liked working with the public. My day would start out in the bakery. I would get the old food out, and put in the new food. I would bake some cookies pies and cakes to be put out.
Flexible schedule
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 30, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not a secure business
Always something to do, even when it is not busy. New promotions and procedures often, new technology to become accustomed with. Flexible schedules to work around a busy life!
happy, and eventful workplace
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Robbinsdale, MNDecember 21, 2013
Pros: my consistent work hours
Cons: doing shop back and working the freezer
a typical day at work was me being at the register ringing up customers, in a fast and friendly manner, and providing all of there shopping needs. i learned how to manage my time wisely, and how to provide the needs of customers in a timely manner, while still being productive on the register. management was quite fair, friendly, and consistent with – more... taking care of the needs of the staff and customers. the hardest part of the job was shop back because we had to locate all of the items that customers left at our registers. the most enjoyable part was the fact that i was able to talk to my customers about different recipe ideas! – less
Productive and fun environment to work.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Saint PaulDecember 18, 2013
Pros: a few awesome co-workers
Cons: short breaks if you work under 6hrs.
A typical day at Rainbow Foods is usually busy. Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays are most busiest.
I learned a lot of things from when I started to where I am now. I was a bagger, then a cashier, then the speedzone/self-checkout, then finally a bookkeeper.
I like half of my co-workers. Some are fun, some are okay to get along with. I'm usually happy. – more... I never show my bad side to any of my co-worker.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with complicated customers. I dislike it when they think they can walk all over you and abuse your position. I never let any customer get to me to the point where I want to just walk away.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with my co-workers. A few of them make my day. We make jokes about how our day is and so on. Also I have a really great supervisor, she is the best! – less
stepping stone
Cashier (Former Employee), maplewood, mnDecember 15, 2013
Pros: the hours were good, the work was easy
Cons: standing all day. break room was bad.
I was a cashier and sometimes I would stock shelves. learned how to shop and bag groceries. management wasn't that great, no complaints though. The co-workers were great, I enjoyed working with everyone. hardest part of the job was standing in one spot all day. most enjoyable part was pushing carts in the parking lot, fresh air and sunlight.
Overnight shift that was thoroughly enjoyable
Night shift stocker (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNDecember 12, 2013
Loaded shelves to full capacity. Made sure store was organized and easy for customers to navigate.

1 2 3

About Rainbow Foods

If you live in Wisconsin, you can probably find one of these grocery stores right 'round the corner. Roundy's owns and operates – Read more