Rainbow Foods

Rainbow Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stressfull, poorly managed, Good people, very flexible
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 19, 2014
Set up and continue production of goods to sell to customers. Keep a clean and sanitized work environment. Organize and Inventory goods to keep track of what we have and what has sold. I learned a lot of skills relating to creating and maintaining a good work ethic. The work was difficult and messy at times but necessary in order to keep things going. – more... I learned time management skills and how to quickly and effectively identify problems and solve them using the tools on hand. The management is relatively weak. There is a supreme lack of communication between shifts and different departments. The co-workers are hit and miss. Some are fantastic and do a great job, some lack work ethic or are incredibly slow moving, which is not good for such a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job in compensating for the constant problems that creep up to poor management. The most enjoyable part is when I am able to get things running smoothly after organizing and shrinking the back log, or after solving a complicated problem that was giving others trouble. – less
Not a bad place to work
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 5, 2014
Fast pace work ,little down time. Must be able to multi-task.
Very little chance of advancement.
Great Job, good communication with everyone, solid work environment
Warehouse/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: fast pasted and team work
Cons: heathcare coverage
Our typical work days at Rainbow were always busy and fast paced. The shift usually went by very quickly. I learned a lot about working as a team and getting the job done. Management worked very close with the team and treated us with respect. My co-workers and I worked as a team and always backed each other up. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... at the end of the day where we could actually see the fantastic job we had just done for our company. – less
productive workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Eagan, MNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: we would get discounts on certain things.
Cons: i hated being with a slow bagger at my register
Working here was fun. I enjoyed the workplace. The people, the management, and costumers were great. I loved working as a cashier. I always worked at a fast pace and was always busy.
Meat Wrapper
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 9, 2014
Process and prepare product on a daily basis to meet company and customer needs.
Solid for College Students
Grocery Operations Manager (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJuly 28, 2014
You have exceptional pay for while you are still in school plus very good benefits. The only downside is that good managers are few and far between. There are a few excellent ones and a lot of bad ones.
Fast paced enviorment at times, but rewarding.
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Cottage Grove, MNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the wonderful customers andthe comraderie with employees.
Cons: none to mention.
Customer service was the largest part of my job, and enjoyed the interaction with our customers.
As a CSR, my responsibilities were to see that the front end ran smoothly i.e.: making sure customers were taken care of; floor calls were answered; telephone calls taken; breaks were given to cashiers; tills were reconciled and so much more.
Good Experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 24, 2014
What I did as a Customer Service Manager was working at the Service Desk which included resolving customer's issues with receipts, fixing issues with pricing, training other employees, and and also making sure the experience of my store was overall a pleasant one. I learned that taking care of customers is what builds reputations. I also learned important – more... team-work and leadership skills. Being a manager opened my eyes and I am very excited to experience other opportunities. My co-workers were my best friends and I can't wait to connect with many more people.
I think the hardest part about my job was some of the managers and other employees were not very team oriented. They pushed their work off to other employees and weren't very pleasant to work with. On the other side, the best part about my job was connecting with all of the customers and other employees. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting people and making their experience the best that it could be. – less
An okay place to work, but not great if looking for full time
Grocery/Night Stock (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: decent length breaks, okay pay, not too difficult job
Cons: bad management, no advancement, and pay freezes
Typically depending on what day/night it was you were either stocking the shelves and facing the store to look nice for the customers in the morning, or you were simply facing the store and then working any overstock from the back to shelves.

Occasionally you would have to do other things such as pushing carts off the lot that were left over from the – more... day, or work on another department's stuff if they were behind, but otherwise, it was pretty straight forward.

We had our fair share of bad workers and bad managers, but what business doesn't have those?

Sadly, the business is closing in a week. – less
Productive meat market.
Meat Market Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasJuly 7, 2014
Pros: working with highly motived people.
Cons: store closed down.
Work with highly motivated personnel. Putting out the best product for customers. Meeting all standards required for food handling.
Great and friendly place to work! I will Miss this place!
Floral Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2014
I will miss Rainbow. This company will close its doors soon and I need to move on. Its overall a swell place to work!
They hired me during a teamsters strike then told me I wouldn't get paid during the strike.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: unstable work environment.
Employees came last in the way they ran the place. stressful environment to work in.
Fun place
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee), Savage, MNJune 9, 2014
Nice people. Friendly customers. Caring co workers. They made you feel important welcomed
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALJune 3, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: being cold
Loved working there just was cold as all get out. We were on the highway and we had a lot of people from out of town. worst part was being cold all the time.
great experience til they folded
Receiving Mgr (Former Employee), Fleming, COMay 23, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: no structure
awesome upstart company but not ready for west texas yet. the company still invested money in its empployees
fun place to work
Stock Clerk/Asst. Night Manager (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNMay 11, 2014
fun and fast paced work 21+years experience coworkers are easy to get along with
great place to work
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 7, 2014
love to multitask and work on multiple tasks can handle many things at same time while still offering excellent customer service as well as training and coaching employees in the store, very good with people of all types
Great
Cashier, Customer Service, Stock (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALApril 14, 2014
Pros: people, job title, enviroment
Cons: pay
Great people and environment to work in. Loved my part time job never complained about having to go into work.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 23, 2014
No room for advancement
high turn over
Part time hours mostly
No given raises
Dirty environment
fun environment to work in, friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia Heights, MNFebruary 5, 2014
cashiered, assisted customers, maintained work area
how to operate a cash register
money handling
fun friendly environment
handling an angry customer
working with the public

1 2 3

About Rainbow Foods

If you live in Wisconsin, you can probably find one of these grocery stores right 'round the corner. Roundy's owns and operates – Read more