Rainbow Foods

high turn over
Part time hours mostly
No given raises
Dirty environment
fun environment to work in, friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia Heights, MNFebruary 5, 2014
cashiered, assisted customers, maintained work area
how to operate a cash register
money handling
fun friendly environment
handling an angry customer
working with the public
I would take orders for cakes. And I would also cashier.
Bakery, customer service (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJanuary 9, 2014
It was a fun place to work, I liked working with the public. My day would start out in the bakery. I would get the old food out, and put in the new food. I would bake some cookies pies and cakes to be put out.
Flexible schedule
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 30, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not a secure business
Always something to do, even when it is not busy. New promotions and procedures often, new technology to become accustomed with. Flexible schedules to work around a busy life!
happy, and eventful workplace
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Robbinsdale, MNDecember 21, 2013
Pros: my consistent work hours
Cons: doing shop back and working the freezer
a typical day at work was me being at the register ringing up customers, in a fast and friendly manner, and providing all of there shopping needs. i learned how to manage my time wisely, and how to provide the needs of customers in a timely manner, while still being productive on the register. management was quite fair, friendly, and consistent with – more... taking care of the needs of the staff and customers. the hardest part of the job was shop back because we had to locate all of the items that customers left at our registers. the most enjoyable part was the fact that i was able to talk to my customers about different recipe ideas! – less
Productive and fun environment to work.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Saint PaulDecember 18, 2013
Pros: a few awesome co-workers
Cons: short breaks if you work under 6hrs.
A typical day at Rainbow Foods is usually busy. Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays are most busiest.
I learned a lot of things from when I started to where I am now. I was a bagger, then a cashier, then the speedzone/self-checkout, then finally a bookkeeper.
I like half of my co-workers. Some are fun, some are okay to get along with. I'm usually happy. – more... I never show my bad side to any of my co-worker.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with complicated customers. I dislike it when they think they can walk all over you and abuse your position. I never let any customer get to me to the point where I want to just walk away.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with my co-workers. A few of them make my day. We make jokes about how our day is and so on. Also I have a really great supervisor, she is the best! – less
stepping stone
Cashier (Former Employee), maplewood, mnDecember 15, 2013
Pros: the hours were good, the work was easy
Cons: standing all day. break room was bad.
I was a cashier and sometimes I would stock shelves. learned how to shop and bag groceries. management wasn't that great, no complaints though. The co-workers were great, I enjoyed working with everyone. hardest part of the job was standing in one spot all day. most enjoyable part was pushing carts in the parking lot, fresh air and sunlight.
Overnight shift that was thoroughly enjoyable
Night shift stocker (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNDecember 12, 2013
Loaded shelves to full capacity. Made sure store was organized and easy for customers to navigate.
fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 25, 2013
pretty cool experience. Horrible pay. Lots of favoritism and no benefits.
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Robbinsdale, MNOctober 14, 2013
productive and fun place to work. Management is great to employees and customers.
has gret benefits but not given enough hours
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Columbia Heights, MNSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: great insurance, good pay
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours
its an ok place to work but not enough help so you have to work at a faster pace just to get your work done before your scheduled off time because there is no overtime.
Best starter job!
GM Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 29, 2013
Worked there 5 years and they treated me well. Great raises and great people!
Productive and fun place to work.
Shift leader (Former Employee), Robbinsdale, MNAugust 27, 2013
I learned alot from Rainbow foods. I got promoted from courtesy to cashier in just one month, and Cashier to Customer service rep in two months. I dealt alot with customers and money. I was a supervisor of the front end.
Part time job
Loading Dock Supervisor & Stockman (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNJune 11, 2013
Pros: low stress
Cons: no movement within company, roundys cares nothing of this brand.
Was a good place to start with a part time job. Was able to work in all different types of departments.
Fun work place with good people
Produce Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Plymouth, MN 55441June 6, 2013
Pros: union job, good people
Cons: small break rooms
Learned the various types of fruits and vegetables and how best to cook them. learned how to run a store room cooler and warehouse storage areas.enjoyed mostly freedom with little supervision. Got to work at my own pace and got paid weekly.
A great job that gave me some experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2013
working at rainbow foods was a great experience, and really my first "real job". it gave me the experience of working in a fast paced environment and taught me valuable skills.
Overall a good place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee), Blaine, MNMay 28, 2013
I would say that it is a great place to work for a first job. You get benefits which most young people aren't looking for when they are going for their first job. It isn't easy to get a job that matches its wages or potential wages despite being on the bottom rung of the ladder in the store. It is a positive and a negative aspect of this business. You – more... only get a pay raise for jumping to full time regardless of your position. You can be a cashier, stocker, manager, or deli clerk and receive the same wage scale regardless of the varying levels of responsibility. If you can get into their full time positions, it is an excellent place to make a life long career. – less
Tough
Dairy Stocker/ CSR (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNApril 12, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
typical day started with some schedule mistake that would leave us understaffed, due to constant hour cuts. Management denied vacations and unstable hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Forest Lake, MNMarch 24, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, flexible, good compensation
Cons: short breaks, double coupon days
I really enjoyed working at Rainbow Foods and think it was a shame they closed. The management was great and did they best they could to help create a schedule that was flexible for you. We were all a big family and it was always fun coming into work. The hardest part of the job was double coupon days when it was extremely busy, but it helped teach – more... a lot of time management and patience skills. The co-workers and getting to see all the regular customers was definitely the best part of the job. – less
Baker
Baker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNMarch 13, 2013
Baked breads, cookies, pies and donuts for morning customers.
Packaged baked good products and sliced bread for customers as needed.Stocked bakery products and ensured shelves are full. Provided excellent customer service

About Rainbow Foods

If you live in Wisconsin, you can probably find one of these grocery stores right 'round the corner. Roundy's owns and operates – Read more