Rainbow Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
loved the coustomers and the job as a hole
Manager (Current Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 20, 2015
Pros: free food and snacks
Cons: no breaks and no insurance
Customer service and data entry. I learned to deal with all walks of life and to adapt to any situation. Management was great to work for and the co workers all ways got along. The hardest part of the job was mean people at times. I loved working with the public.
Basically worked alone without direct supervision,challenging yet rewarding in many ways.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits, health insurance, mileage reimbursement, paid vacation, Christmas bonus & a cruise.
Cons: No window in my office.
Rainbow Foods LLC opened it's doors in 2004 for a community that was in need of a grocery store by private owners.

There were many challenges, but none that couldn't be overcome with the experience of our team and owners who had been in the grocery business for 30 plus years.

For me personally, a typical day was having the ability to shift gears and re priortize given an unforeseen issue that may arise, either in HR or AP. The postition I was originally hired for, Price Coordinator quickly turned into Office manager. I am proud to admit, this sudden promotion was a self taught position. It was certainly a challenge, however it allowed me to learn a wide range of responsibilites from the legal aspects of running a business, Insurance including health, workers comp and liability, accounts payable using QuickBooks, among many other aspects of the job title.

I was fortunate to work along with co workers from many different backgrounds, which enabled me to learn better communication skills.
It was rewarding for me being over HR and developing a genuine repoire within healthy boundaries.

I would consider year end requirements the toughfest. The daily responsibilities had to continue, but that's when you just do what you have to and put in the hours needed to complete the task.
Life as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 8, 2015
Pros: learning new experiences
Cons: Only could work until 10pm Beacause of being a student
On a day to day basis I counted my register to make sure I can start my day. After I count my register I check my work station to make sure my work environment clean and safe to work in.
Fun, respectable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Robbinsdale, MinnesotaJune 24, 2015
Pros: Working with people, My co workers were great
I managed Cashiers, handled money. Dealt with the customers that needed refunds or that were not happy with their visit to our store.
I love working with people.
productive,
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, MNJune 2, 2015
Pros: health care, and vacations
typical day of work is stocking operation of fork lift, and some maintance, also very good dealing with customers, co workers are pleasant to work with
Good Benefits and flexible
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Cottage Grove, MNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation and holidays
Cons: Bad uniforms for job being done
Flexible and good benefits great people to work with. Get paid vacation and holidays. worst part of job working grave yard shifts
Good transitional job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good transitional job
Cons: worked most holidays
Learned customer service and to be a cashier, Performed dairy inventory and restocked the shelves. worked weekends and evenings to fill in while I was in high school and college.
Alright
Cashier (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNMarch 6, 2015
Pros: union with benifits
Cons: non-informative
Most days I would go in and do the same monotonous work over and over again. It was difficult to keep up with all the deals and promotions that changed almost every week without being informed. The coworkers were not very friendly nor were they helpful. Memorizing codes was a huge portion of this job so my memory has benefited from it greatly. While the hardest portion was standing in one spot for hours on end.
terrible
private (Former Employee), minneapolis, mnJanuary 9, 2015
Cons: run while you still can
very political, people only care about themselves, very cutthroat.
Productive and a ton of things to do.
Cashier (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNDecember 30, 2014
Pros: paid lunches, fun co-workers, understanding management
Cons: no enough pay
I worked as a cashier and then moved to bakery because I had to the opportunity too. I worked in frozen and grocery a few times as well. I learned a lot about bakery things and how receiving works. Management was very nice and very welcoming. Very nice co-workers. No drama. The hardest part about the job was making sure every step was done at a certain time. I mostly enjoyed working with my bakery manager because we could have fun and work in seriousness as well.
closed
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Columbia Heights, MNDecember 23, 2014
didnt like the store director, i didnt like the location or the job itself i was glad to get transferred to Cub foods
Good work enviroment
Produce Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GADecember 10, 2014
Pros: not a lot labor
Cons: the head manager is sometimes disrespectful
This was a good job at far as how everyone works together. I learned how to be kind to people and not take things personal. Managers are alright depending on who you are some are better than others. The best part of the job they have Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. They also give out employees who have been there for at least a year Christmas bonuses.
Stressfull, poorly managed, Good people, very flexible
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 19, 2014
Set up and continue production of goods to sell to customers. Keep a clean and sanitized work environment. Organize and Inventory goods to keep track of what we have and what has sold. I learned a lot of skills relating to creating and maintaining a good work ethic. The work was difficult and messy at times but necessary in order to keep things going. I learned time management skills and how to quickly and effectively identify problems and solve them using the tools on hand. The management is relatively weak. There is a supreme lack of communication between shifts and different departments. The co-workers are hit and miss. Some are fantastic and do a great job, some lack work ethic or are incredibly slow moving, which is not good for such a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job in compensating for the constant problems that creep up to poor management. The most enjoyable part is when I am able to get things running smoothly after organizing and shrinking the back log, or after solving a complicated problem that was giving others trouble.
Not a bad place to work
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 5, 2014
Fast pace work ,little down time. Must be able to multi-task.
Very little chance of advancement.
Great Job, good communication with everyone, solid work environment
Warehouse/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: fast pasted and team work
Cons: heathcare coverage
Our typical work days at Rainbow were always busy and fast paced. The shift usually went by very quickly. I learned a lot about working as a team and getting the job done. Management worked very close with the team and treated us with respect. My co-workers and I worked as a team and always backed each other up. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day where we could actually see the fantastic job we had just done for our company.
productive workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Eagan, MNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: we would get discounts on certain things.
Cons: i hated being with a slow bagger at my register
Working here was fun. I enjoyed the workplace. The people, the management, and costumers were great. I loved working as a cashier. I always worked at a fast pace and was always busy.
Meat Wrapper
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 9, 2014
Process and prepare product on a daily basis to meet company and customer needs.
Solid for College Students
Grocery Operations Manager (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJuly 28, 2014
You have exceptional pay for while you are still in school plus very good benefits. The only downside is that good managers are few and far between. There are a few excellent ones and a lot of bad ones.
Fast paced enviorment at times, but rewarding.
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Cottage Grove, MNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the wonderful customers andthe comraderie with employees.
Cons: none to mention.
Customer service was the largest part of my job, and enjoyed the interaction with our customers.
As a CSR, my responsibilities were to see that the front end ran smoothly i.e.: making sure customers were taken care of; floor calls were answered; telephone calls taken; breaks were given to cashiers; tills were reconciled and so much more.
Good Experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 24, 2014
What I did as a Customer Service Manager was working at the Service Desk which included resolving customer's issues with receipts, fixing issues with pricing, training other employees, and and also making sure the experience of my store was overall a pleasant one. I learned that taking care of customers is what builds reputations. I also learned important team-work and leadership skills. Being a manager opened my eyes and I am very excited to experience other opportunities. My co-workers were my best friends and I can't wait to connect with many more people.
I think the hardest part about my job was some of the managers and other employees were not very team oriented. They pushed their work off to other employees and weren't very pleasant to work with. On the other side, the best part about my job was connecting with all of the customers and other employees. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting people and making their experience the best that it could be.