Rain Employee Reviews

Flexible Hours & Competative pay
owner (Current Employee) –  new rochelle, ny20 May 2015
Easy laid back work that allows me to spend time with family and still make a decent living. Learned business management and people skills.
Pros
flexible hours, great owner
Cons
since its starting out business can be slow some days
More of I had been working with NGOs who are implimenting in our Country Ethiopia and everything was good; so that I would like to give on average 3.0
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birr, AG13 July 2014
I had been working 8hr/day and it was based on Ethiopian Labor proclamation. I have learned that the emergency projects are helpful for the immediate response before aggravating the degree of disaster. The management was good and achieved using delegation of technical staff for the right place. My co-workers were integrated and committed. The hardest part of the job was running to cope up with the time constraint to achieve the objective. The enjoyable part was the satisfaction of the community which satisfy us.
Pros
Better to give response for the emergency on time.
Cons
It is better to focus on the need of community for the relief.
yes i would like a pingpong table
Home Attendant (Former Employee) –  waterbury connecticut12 June 2014
it was a pleasure working with rain i am looking forward to be working
with rain
Pros
no thank you
Cons
yes heathcare
Productive and fun place to work
Host/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO19 December 2013
its an okay job if you like the night life. it is also an flexible job being that they conduct most of there business at night
Good training for police work
Security (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV19 November 2013
fun atmosphere, good training dealing with people but the management was somewhat disorganized and I will work hard but good management allows for good communication and more secure environment.
Pros
good music, exciting environment
Cons
not very many hours

Comment – December 13, 2013

Huh? Another misdirected comment - we don't have any offices in West Virginia, nor do we train police officers. We do play FPS games at our LAN parties, so perhaps that qualifies as police training?

Productive and Rewarding
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY15 August 2013
Directing a mobile food kitchen requires constant productivity in the areas of food management, truck maintenance and keeping abreast of sudden changes in the meal distribution schedule, including staff management. Although challenging at times, feeding 2300-3000 hungry individuals and families per month is rewarding and has shed sight on the various backgrounds and cultures in need.

Comment – December 13, 2013

I'm glad someone out there has had an awesome experience feeding the needy. Unfortunately Rain (the employer this review is supposedly for) can not take credit for the services you describe. Let's see, here. We have an office in Utah, Nicaragua, and one in New York, Lower Manhattan area. We own exactly zero food trucks and we (to my knowledge) have never fed the needy. We do have a food distribution schedule internal to our offices when crunch time hits on projects, as well as for company parties. I'm sure our office managers are very happy to only have to be providing food for a few dozen people rather than the daunting task of several thousand. Good luck out there!

Low stress environment with skilled management, design, and development teams
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UT18 October 2012
The culture at Rain is pretty laid back and lighthearted. People know how to joke and have fun, and get down to business when it is also appropriate. We work and play hard together - in the form of sports and other activities outside of work or at lunch (hiking, biking, running, soccer, gym across the street, basketball, volleyball, LAN parties, etc.)

There is the occasional overtime crunch that is standard with any type of client based work that has deadlines. After the overtime, Rain likes to take care of those who put in extra time.

I feel like the management takes a real interest in my success and realize that this leads to successes for the whole team.

Overall, the atmosphere is comfortable and friendly. I have never gotten out of bed and dreaded going to Rain that day.
Pros
company lunches, parties, the company cruise this year was awesome, foosball table (that really gets used), low pressure, low overtime, a lot of learning and growing opportunities
Cons
occasional overtime - but they take care of you when it happens
Splendidly competent managers and coworkers
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UT18 October 2012
I like that most projects last from 2 to 6 months and then you get assigned to something new. One really great thing is how much I get to learn about the latest web technologies and expand my skillset.
Pros
soda fountain in lunch room (that's in addition to standard benefits)
Cons
my team doesn't always win when we play sports during lunch. ;-)
rain amsterdam
chef de partie (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NH10 August 2013
hier heb ik mijn baby stapjes gezet in het pad wat ik tot nu toe heb afgelegd hier ligt mijn bodem mijn eerste echte ervaring met koken op een paar niveau`s hoger dan in mijn leerling periode, veel heb ik ook te danken aan mijn vorige general manager en mijn chef kok bij rain.
hun hebben mij klaar gestoomd voor het werken op een heel nieuw niveau. dit is waar ik alles opnieuw heb geleerd en de vrijheid kreeg op je creatieve geest te verruimen.

4.4