Rain for Rent Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great benefits
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Geismar, LANovember 17, 2015
There were great benefits. There was a good working atmosphere. The trainers were informative. The support staff was helpful as well.
Rain for Rent Review
Programmer/ Analyst (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, and meeting with management weekly
Cons: No inputs on NEW company projects & NEW project information was ONLY provided by the supervisor.
When I first arrived to work, the supervisor would call the IT team members together and discuss task & projects needed to be done during the week. We would then provided him our progress on tasks that still needed to be completed for the week. Then we discuss and prioritize these tasks for that week.
Don't work here
Sales (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJune 13, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance, 401k match
The only pro I can think of this company is the benefits package. Health insurance, 401k match and profit sharing. Besides that, you can forget about work/life balance. They expect you to work 24/7, there are rare positive reinforcements and management's attitude is to break you down and beat their values into you. They never take feedback on market conditions and constantly change the corporate strategy. Upper management doesn't want to be the cheapest company in the industry, but often deliver sub-par service to customers and expect salesmen to mend the relationship afterwards.
Sales is a tough job, but these guys make it a lot harder than it has to be. HR consistently disregards any complaints made regarding manager's attitude. Honestly, if you are looking for a sales career, there are plenty of better opportunities than Rain for Rent.
Fun work place that you can grow in
Installer (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Per diem for out of town, good pay
Cons: Out of town alot, management isn't fair to all employees.
If you dont mind out of town work and the very unpredictable nature of the oil fields then it's great. 6 on 2 off schedules.
A lot of hours with times of boredom
Installer/crane Operator (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: The work is interesting and consistant.
Cons: Healthcare is horrible.
The day is usually non stop busy. I have learned a lot of valuable lessons in a lot of different trades. The management is awesome and flexible to all the different personalities. The hardest part of the job is everything we deal with is super heavy and at the end of the day I am exhausted.
O & G
Senior Lead/ Safety Committee Chairman (Former Employee), Cheyenne, Wyoming U.S.A.July 14, 2015
Pros: Oil and Gas
Cons: Oil and Gas
Rain for Rent Culture is one of safety and Family. Unfortunately it is to much of family, had they heeded the words of the obvious we would still be open and employed.
good place to work with focus on safety and family
operation supervisor (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: good pay and insurance
Cons: environment
a typical day at work was 14 to 16 hours long in the cold, and other weather conditions. i could get down to 40 below zero in Wyoming. we pumped water to the fracs in these extremes. Although the conditions were miserable the camaraderie and work ethic of everyone around you made it a good job. In short your fellow employees watched your back to make sure you went home in one piece
On a typical work day
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 16, 2015
The applications development tam of the IT department will start by meeting to establish schedule tasks to be distributed between the programmers, as well as, what individuals of the team that might need help in finishing up any tasks that are past milestone dates. Rain for Rent treats their employees as family.

Rain for Rent trys to provide their employees with news computers and application tools to easy the work load and increase productivity.
Not Bad
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), South Gibson, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good workers
Cons: low pay and dictator owner.
Good place to start a working life. Lots of knowledge can be learned with construction. Pay is low and OT is not always available. Not a bad place to be.
Fun and enjoyable company to work for.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 22, 2015
I worked with all of the offices across the country ordering parts for each warehouse. The management for my department was exceptional. My co-workers were team players and I learned a lot within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know all of the offices and how they operated individually and as a company. The hardest part of this job would be back ordered parts that my offices needed quickly. However, I loved the challenge of locating the parts needed and sending overnight delivery to ensure the job would be completed the following day.
Fair Stable Job
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Conway, ARApril 28, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Pay
The people at Rain for rent were great. The management wasn't as good. They didn't treat people their employees like they mattered. What really did it for me was the apathy of the employees. Everyone got along so well and I made a lot of great friends.
fun. alot of stress. never have time with your family
Installer (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great pay. long hours. traveled.
Cons: no time home. 7 on 2 off is there schedule
Amazing place to work its a little tough to get on but. When you do you never have time to enjoy your money I made 3k every two weeks. You have to be an installer or pump watch to do that. I loved the job it was the best job I ever had but something happened and they let me go. It wasn't my fault or the company fault if you ever get a chance. To work for this company do it. I learned so much a. There is 1 boss that needs fired but the management keeps who they like and gets rid of who they dont
Good place to work until new management
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2015
Built a good team of employees, grew the staff to double in size, having to leave it all was the hardest part. Had a good client base of customer.
Productive, Educational, Fun workplace
Lead Person/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work involved daily inventory, getting orders pulled for delivery. Assigning jobs to different co workers for delivery. Doing company work orders.
Good job if you like to travel alot
Installer (Former Employee), Pike, WVJune 20, 2015
Can be labor intensive and constant inclement weather. Pay was lacking and travel was way too much. Not a job if you have a family.
Bad management, lazy worms, money isn't great.
Installer (Former Employee), Minot, NDDecember 24, 2014
Pros: got to learn how fracs worked.
Cons: everything else.
A buddy of mine worked here and got me a job. I was working on a drilling rig prior and after just under a year I went back to the rig I came from. The management is horrible. All the hands are lazy. All kinds of promises being made but none actually happened. Went from making over 100k a year to 50k. Promised raises even thought "their budget was tight", then paid over 10 million for 2 skid steers and some hose.
The only cool thing I got out of working for this company was I got to see a different part of the patch and got to learn how the frac works.
Other than that, I wouldn't advise anyone to work here.
Learned alot about watter transfer
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Kenedy TexasApril 28, 2015
Good company bad time in the oil field here at the texas branch.

the branch hired me in anticipation of a large contract which did'nt go though so I left before the lay off started
Demanding work, but worth it
Lead Operator - Natural Gas Wells (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYMarch 23, 2015
Good co-workers, management was fair, and compensation and benefits were exceptional. Gained a considerable of knowledge about the oil and natural gas drilling fields and the work involved .
Big company needs better structure
Service Technician (Current Employee), San Joaquin, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Great company to get into however as far as advancement and promoting its a little difficult. I think if they had better opportunities and believed more in promoting from within the company would be a lot stronger. Great benefits and good pay.
Temp Job
Installer (Former Employee), Conway, ARMay 27, 2015
Patched spill guards and monitored water levels for flow back and fracing jobs for SWN. Worked 40+ hrs and worked in any weather condition
Headquarters