Rain for Rent Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
On a typical work day
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 16, 2015
The applications development tam of the IT department will start by meeting to establish schedule tasks to be distributed between the programmers, as well as, what individuals of the team that might need help in finishing up any tasks that are past milestone dates. Rain for Rent treats their employees as family.

Rain for Rent trys to provide their employees with news computers and application tools to easy the work load and increase productivity.
Rain for Rent Review
Programmer/ Analyst (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, and meeting with management weekly
Cons: No inputs on NEW company projects & NEW project information was ONLY provided by the supervisor.
When I first arrived to work, the supervisor would call the IT team members together and discuss task & projects needed to be done during the week. We would then provided him our progress on tasks that still needed to be completed for the week. Then we discuss and prioritize these tasks for that week.
good place to work with focus on safety and family
operation supervisor (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: good pay and insurance
Cons: environment
a typical day at work was 14 to 16 hours long in the cold, and other weather conditions. i could get down to 40 below zero in Wyoming. we pumped water to the fracs in these extremes. Although the conditions were miserable the camaraderie and work ethic of everyone around you made it a good job. In short your fellow employees watched your back to make sure you went home in one piece
Productive and a new experience
Installer (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAApril 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee, breakfast and sometimes lunch
Cons: lay offs when sales drop
Working for this company was great, especially with not having any experience in this area. I learned alot of new things and met really interesting people. The management and co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of this job was being laid off. The most enjoyable part was using tools such as a heating gun, water pressure hose, wire wheel etc.
Familiy owned company with good benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: career advancement opportunity
Cons: management stability and consistency
You will have the opportunitity to advance to whatever level of success you would desire, provided you are open to relocation.

Hard work is definitely associated with this company and the industry they work within.

Compensation and benefits are strong.

Management stability could be better on a local and national level.
Good workplace
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXMay 15, 2013
Pros: its pretty easy work if you have the crew to explain the task at hand.
Cons: management!
Its a easy job. Nothing about this company is hard. The only bad part about is that managers wont let your overtime go overboard. So they started cutting hours and sending people home after staying in shop painting bolts blue for 8 hours. Work is getting slow. Left company after hours were being cut from 80's to just over 40 hours.
Some good people who actually do care and help while others pass the buck.
Laborer (Current Employee), Paul, IDOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Too much favoritism. No commrodery!
Too much favoritism and no commrodery. Lazy people get to do very little and pass the buck. When you ask for help no one will help you. It's more like a clic or gang like mentality. If you stand up then they won't talk to you or shun you. Like working with kids. Said something to management but got worse!
A lot of hours with times of boredom
Installer/crane Operator (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: The work is interesting and consistant.
Cons: Healthcare is horrible.
The day is usually non stop busy. I have learned a lot of valuable lessons in a lot of different trades. The management is awesome and flexible to all the different personalities. The hardest part of the job is everything we deal with is super heavy and at the end of the day I am exhausted.
Well rounded employees, good company.
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee), Conway,ArSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: had hour lunch, provided free lunch every other week.
Cons: uncomfortable enviroment on hot/cold days, but could take as many breaks as you needed.
The job was challenging at times, but I enjoyed the work schedule. I really enjoyed the meeting every month. Rain for Rent would have Safety Meetings every month in order to fine ways for improvement.
Poor work environment
Installer (Former Employee), Elm Grove, WVAugust 5, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Very poor management
A typical day at work was coming to work not knowing what you was going to do for the day, and then told you was leaving town for 2 weeks and you had to hurry home to get the cloths that you needed it and the get back. after that I asked for my wedding off and they didn't give it to me they let me go for it. without offering my job back.
Excellent Job
Class A Pump Mechanic (Former Employee), La Porte, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent company
Cons: Can't say anything bad.
Working with Rain for Rent was a great experience. The co-workers worked as a team and believed in helping out each other. There was overtime when it called for and work and life balance was great. The supervisors were knowledgeable and believed in training employees to perform their job duties.
Installer
Installer (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, CODecember 14, 2015
Pros: Awesome Benefits
I daily drove from job site to job site, I was certified to drive company truck with a crew.I installed industrial projects in which we filtered water to a waste water system. I was certified to drive a forklift and all terrain vehicle on job sites. I loaded equipment and safely strapped it down. I was OSHA certified and CPR certified.
Very hard place to be comfortable, the manager has a hygiene problem, she micro manages and does not allow your job to be your own.
Biller (Current Employee), Fort Lupton, COApril 23, 2014
Pros: you are left alone for the most part
Cons: training was terrible
the benefits are great but then management is very poor, the training was very short, it is more like micro management rather than one on one training so that a person does not fail.
good place to work nice people to work with
Installer/ Service Associate (Current Employee), Gibson, PAJanuary 8, 2016
I started off as a installer installing water pipe, pumps and spill containment also installed heating systems for natural gas pads I switched my job to service associate where I was in charge of the yard and all parts going in and out. my duties also included shiping and receving and inventory.
Good hours, and benefits, poor management.
Installer (Current Employee), Searcy, ARNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good hours, good benefits
Cons: bad management
Over all the hours and benefits are great but management on the other hand not so good. They shut down our Searcy branch down making us guys that live in searcy drive to conway over 50 miles with no notice or warning and wouldnt help with any moving expenses.
Friendly culture
Office Manager (Former Employee), Hopewell, VAOctober 29, 2013
RFR is eager to train and advance their employees. They like to create a family feeling, and strive to keep open communication to resolve problems. It does have the typical problem employees that just don't like to work, however they are limited. The majority enjoy coming to work with their colleagues.
Very productive group of people
Office Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2015
This company is big on training.l They spend money making sure their employees are well trained and informed.

The group I work with are like family. We are all after each other's welfare. We have fun at work but making sure we get our work done.

Computers are a bit old. We need new computers.
it was nice to drive all through maryland
yard, mechanic (Former Employee), baltimore, marylandOctober 6, 2012
Pros: hour lunch, driving i loved
Cons: managment
co workers were very fun to work with, and managment was good up until they were replaced. days could be hard when you had to repare equipment or set up jobs. i enjoyed working on pumps and fixing things aroundthe shop.
Big company needs better structure
Service Technician (Current Employee), San Joaquin, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Great company to get into however as far as advancement and promoting its a little difficult. I think if they had better opportunities and believed more in promoting from within the company would be a lot stronger. Great benefits and good pay.
Fair Stable Job
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Conway, ARApril 28, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Pay
The people at Rain for rent were great. The management wasn't as good. They didn't treat people their employees like they mattered. What really did it for me was the apathy of the employees. Everyone got along so well and I made a lot of great friends.
Headquarters