Rain for Rent Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Job
Class A Pump Mechanic (Former Employee), La Porte, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent company
Cons: Can't say anything bad.
Working with Rain for Rent was a great experience. The co-workers worked as a team and believed in helping out each other. There was overtime when it called for and work and life balance was great. The supervisors were knowledgeable and believed in training employees to perform their job duties.
Well rounded employees, good company.
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee), Conway,ArSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: had hour lunch, provided free lunch every other week.
Cons: uncomfortable enviroment on hot/cold days, but could take as many breaks as you needed.
The job was challenging at times, but I enjoyed the work schedule. I really enjoyed the meeting every month. Rain for Rent would have Safety Meetings every month in order to fine ways for improvement.
Very productive group of people
Office Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2015
This company is big on training.l They spend money making sure their employees are well trained and informed.

The group I work with are like family. We are all after each other's welfare. We have fun at work but making sure we get our work done.

Computers are a bit old. We need new computers.
Poor work environment
Installer (Former Employee), Elm Grove, WVAugust 5, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Very poor management
A typical day at work was coming to work not knowing what you was going to do for the day, and then told you was leaving town for 2 weeks and you had to hurry home to get the cloths that you needed it and the get back. after that I asked for my wedding off and they didn't give it to me they let me go for it. without offering my job back.
O & G
Senior Lead/ Safety Committee Chairman (Former Employee), Cheyenne, Wyoming U.S.A.July 14, 2015
Pros: Oil and Gas
Cons: Oil and Gas
Rain for Rent Culture is one of safety and Family. Unfortunately it is to much of family, had they heeded the words of the obvious we would still be open and employed.
Fun work place that you can grow in
Installer (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Per diem for out of town, good pay
Cons: Out of town alot, management isn't fair to all employees.
If you dont mind out of town work and the very unpredictable nature of the oil fields then it's great. 6 on 2 off schedules.
Not Bad
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), South Gibson, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good workers
Cons: low pay and dictator owner.
Good place to start a working life. Lots of knowledge can be learned with construction. Pay is low and OT is not always available. Not a bad place to be.
Good job if you like to travel alot
Installer (Former Employee), Pike, WVJune 20, 2015
Can be labor intensive and constant inclement weather. Pay was lacking and travel was way too much. Not a job if you have a family.
Good place to work until new management
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2015
Built a good team of employees, grew the staff to double in size, having to leave it all was the hardest part. Had a good client base of customer.
Don't work here
Sales (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJune 13, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance, 401k match
The only pro I can think of this company is the benefits package. Health insurance, 401k match and profit sharing. Besides that, you can forget about work/life balance. They expect you to work 24/7, there are rare positive reinforcements and management's attitude is to break you down and beat their values into you. They never take feedback on market conditions and constantly change the corporate strategy. Upper management doesn't want to be the cheapest company in the industry, but often deliver sub-par service to customers and expect salesmen to mend the relationship afterwards.
Sales is a tough job, but these guys make it a lot harder than it has to be. HR consistently disregards any complaints made regarding manager's attitude. Honestly, if you are looking for a sales career, there are plenty of better opportunities than Rain for Rent.
Rain for Rent Review
Programmer/ Analyst (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, and meeting with management weekly
Cons: No inputs on NEW company projects & NEW project information was ONLY provided by the supervisor.
When I first arrived to work, the supervisor would call the IT team members together and discuss task & projects needed to be done during the week. We would then provided him our progress on tasks that still needed to be completed for the week. Then we discuss and prioritize these tasks for that week.
Temp Job
Installer (Former Employee), Conway, ARMay 27, 2015
Patched spill guards and monitored water levels for flow back and fracing jobs for SWN. Worked 40+ hrs and worked in any weather condition
Productive, Educational, Fun workplace
Lead Person/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work involved daily inventory, getting orders pulled for delivery. Assigning jobs to different co workers for delivery. Doing company work orders.
Living in the 70s
Installer/Welder/Operator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
Pros: Ability and freedom to accomplish tasks the way you think will work best in the field.
Cons: Will work you like a stabbed rat then scoot you out the door.
Company has stacks of paperwork required to do just about anything and is literally still living in the 70s. I swear you can hear "Sky Rockets In Flight" when you walk into one their facilities. Management is always preaching safety but never willing to adequately fund it. Company claims to be "A safe environmentally responsible workplace." but the reality is completely different. You have to either have good old boy type connections or really suck up at this company to have any chance of real advancement. Company has a disproportionately large amount of nepotistic,well pampered & vacationed management and sales staff compared to actual field and shop workers. You get a real feel of a haughty established caste system with this company that leaves you feeling like Oliver Twist at times. Very poor communication, direction and mentoring was a constant while I worked here. Work was always rushed and undermanned. Salesmen were always underbidding jobs and promising unrealistic finish times to customers causing rushed, unsafe, undermanned, job installations usually followed by afternoon phone calls from management asking "What's the problem, What's Taking so long?"
great job
Installer/Crew lead (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXApril 29, 2015
all the way around its a good company to work for. the company care for their employes. the compay way of doin things is good.pay is good . the emplyees all work together
Fair Stable Job
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Conway, ARApril 28, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Pay
The people at Rain for rent were great. The management wasn't as good. They didn't treat people their employees like they mattered. What really did it for me was the apathy of the employees. Everyone got along so well and I made a lot of great friends.
Learned alot about watter transfer
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Kenedy TexasApril 28, 2015
Good company bad time in the oil field here at the texas branch.

the branch hired me in anticipation of a large contract which did'nt go though so I left before the lay off started
A lot of hours with times of boredom
Installer/crane Operator (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: The work is interesting and consistant.
Cons: Healthcare is horrible.
The day is usually non stop busy. I have learned a lot of valuable lessons in a lot of different trades. The management is awesome and flexible to all the different personalities. The hardest part of the job is everything we deal with is super heavy and at the end of the day I am exhausted.
good place to work with focus on safety and family
operation supervisor (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: good pay and insurance
Cons: environment
a typical day at work was 14 to 16 hours long in the cold, and other weather conditions. i could get down to 40 below zero in Wyoming. we pumped water to the fracs in these extremes. Although the conditions were miserable the camaraderie and work ethic of everyone around you made it a good job. In short your fellow employees watched your back to make sure you went home in one piece
Demanding work, but worth it
Lead Operator - Natural Gas Wells (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYMarch 23, 2015
Good co-workers, management was fair, and compensation and benefits were exceptional. Gained a considerable of knowledge about the oil and natural gas drilling fields and the work involved .
Headquarters