Rain for Rent

Rain for Rent Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly culture
Office Manager (Former Employee), Hopewell, VAOctober 29, 2013
RFR is eager to train and advance their employees. They like to create a family feeling, and strive to keep open communication to resolve problems. It does have the typical problem employees that just don't like to work, however they are limited. The majority enjoy coming to work with their colleagues.
Great company to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Woodland, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, use of company technology and vehicles
Cons: sometimes higher level employees will tend to micromanage
Rain For Rent is a great company to work for. They offer entry level positions to recent college graduates and train them to become great at their role in the company. Rain For Rent employees are accommodated in every way possible from benefits to company technology and travel expenses. As a sales representative I am able to travel and see new places – more... and people very frequently. – less
Productive and a Great Place to Work
Purchasing Agent/Training Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: hours and benefits
While employed at Rain for Rent I learned a great deal about pumps and pipeline parts and equipment. I loved the people that I worked with and for. It was a great job for me.
Good workplace
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXMay 15, 2013
Pros: its pretty easy work if you have the crew to explain the task at hand.
Cons: management!
Its a easy job. Nothing about this company is hard. The only bad part about is that managers wont let your overtime go overboard. So they started cutting hours and sending people home after staying in shop painting bolts blue for 8 hours. Work is getting slow. Left company after hours were being cut from 80's to just over 40 hours.
Great Place to start a career but thats it
Corporate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 18, 2013
Pros: travel, pay, advancement, co-workers
Cons: location, training, communication
Rain for Rent is very hands on. I worked at the corporate office and traveled all over the US to job sites, branches, and conventions. Everyday was different and challenging. You learn the business from all angles. You apply what you learned in college from day one. The pay was also very competitive.

HOWEVER, there is little direction from management. – more... You are on your own buddy. This can be good if your a go getter and aren't afraid to take the bull by the horns. But be ready for brimstone and fire if you slip up, upper management will do this for amusement and public display.

Work life balance sucks, location sucks, no frills here. Go to work go home, repeat.

Start here if your fresh out of school or looking to learn. – less
Everything is last minute
Installer (Current Employee), Triadelphia, WVApril 18, 2013
There biggest problem is management. you never know whats going on,when your out of town you never know when you get to come home
wouldn't recommend
mechanic (Former Employee), groves texasFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: met some pretty cool people
Cons: no respect for anybody
Very sour place to work would be nice to if management were different. Wouldn't recommend this job to any mechanic if they wanted to do any mechanical work.
Nice job nice co-workers and boss.
Installer/Technician (Former Employee), Groves, TXJanuary 30, 2013
We would get to work get job assignment and do them without any stress from foreman or any other bosses.
Turnover
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 6, 2012
Tough place to work. You never feel safe there because there is so much turnover.
It's a job
Sales Support (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 12, 2012
Pros: worked with nice colleagues
Cons: aggressive upper management sours the whole experience.
Typical 9 to 5 office job.
Raises and promotions are given to "friends" of upper management, not all employees have the same opportunities for advancement.
Upper management is extremely aggressive and politically biased.
Seniority is not rewarded.
Men are paid more than women.
Training is available to some for advancement, but not all, and the usual – more... reason to deny training to certain people is "budget constraints"; I saw this happen repeatedly. – less
awesome place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 10, 2012
I totally loved this job and my co workers. Unfortunately due to the ecenomy decline and housing market/construction decline I was laid off :(
it was nice to drive all through maryland
yard, mechanic (Former Employee), baltimore, marylandOctober 6, 2012
Pros: hour lunch, driving i loved
Cons: managment
co workers were very fun to work with, and managment was good up until they were replaced. days could be hard when you had to repare equipment or set up jobs. i enjoyed working on pumps and fixing things aroundthe shop.
fast paced and interesting work
Mechanic (Current Employee), Triadelphia, WVSeptember 26, 2012
great place to work. new and exciting field .....great hours
good job
Service Associate (Former Employee), Rifle, COSeptember 19, 2012
lots of different languages here i enjoyed this place wish i still worked here
The Corporation has fantastic core values but beware your local branches
Office Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: great benefits package and unbeatable 401k match
Cons: local branch managers are not monitored, beyond reproach
Rain for Rent, as a corporation, is amazing. They have fantastic family values, seem to genuinely care about their employees, and provide every ounce of training for any position you could ever need or desire.

Their field employees do have to work long hours, but the compensation is more than worth it in care, concern, and wages. This corporation pays – more... very well, has fantatic benefits and can offer a fantastic career. – less
Great Place to work with Excellent Management
LEAD INSTALLER (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: didn't have enough overtime for me to support my family at the time.
As a Lead Installer for Rain For Rent, I was usually teamed up with a crew. We would engineer and plumb frac tank and mud farms for Shell and Encana for Production and the Drilling Exploration in Wyoming.
Rain for Rent is a Leader in Pump, Tank and Filtration. It was enjoyable to work for the Company. We would would built, and disassemble tank farms – more... and irrigation systems.
I only worked one Winter in Wyoming for them, which was cold
One night, on pump watch was the hardest I had. It was Minus degree weather and the pump was having problems, as the new Dodge I was driving, Trying to keep warm that night and everything running, while being wet.
The most Enjoyable was working with Great Management and Awesome Team of Guys. The work was always enjoyable and challenging. – less
Hard on the family
SWAT Tech (Current Employee), Joliet, ILSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: something new all the time
Cons: away from home
Training new employees and setting on pumping stations.
Away from home to much.
Slow paced
Installer (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYAugust 22, 2012
Pros: good schedual
Cons: poor management
Installed pumps for frac jobs. Not a very good company. Supervisors didnt take the time to teach new employees the correct way of doing the job.
Would NOT recommend
Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: friendships
Cons: lack of management skills
From day one it was an unorganized, negative environment. It is a 'sink or swim' company for non-management employees. Management gets training, but then is 'thrown' into his or her duties. Every dept has complaints, my department was the worst. My co-workers wer ok, but the management is run by young professionals not yet seasoned to perform true management – more... duties.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the few friendships I created. – less
Helped build the branch from 4 employees to 24 employees.
INDUSTRIAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 20, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is all the contacts and relationships I have developed over the past 12 years in the industrial markets.