Rain for Rent Employee Reviews

You can earn a decent living here but it has a price.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Potential to earn a decent living is there if you want it. However, you will work for it... Great job for a single guy on his own but not for family man, you will work a LOT of hours and be sent out of state with one day notice if that some times... Management is a joke to be quite honest. Most of them aren't organized or know whats going on outside their office and favouritism is obvious. Company itself is not bad as all they offer decent benefits, bonuses and pay you will learn a lot and excel if you don't have a lot of skills to begin with... it's just the atmosphere at the Joliet branch that needs some changes in personnel and that's mainly on management.
Pros
Decent pay, bonuses, benefits, aquire new skills.
Cons
Poor leadership
Former employee
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2016
I liked The Lakes and what they stood for however, the management was lacking considerably. My manager in particular was educated in department responsibilities but could not manage at all. He played favorites and let outside opinions interfere with department structure and morale. He did not listen to his employees and any good ideas suggested, he claimed as his own to upper management. HR knew about this via multiple complaints about him but never did anything. Upper management didn't care either. They have a history of letting longer term, high paid employees go to cut overhead. In which they turn around and hire for same position within months, for a lower salary. Shady practices!
Pros
401K match
Cons
They milk you for your time without compensation is you are a salary employee
Stay away from this place
Installer (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COFebruary 11, 2016
You have to be under someone's desk a lot to progress in this company
Too many bosses
They talk about safety all the time and no one practice safety
Some employees make big spills and wreck trucks and get promoted and the people that work hard never get anything
Pros
Cons
Management sucks
Don't work here
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 13, 2015
The only pro I can think of this company is the benefits package. Health insurance, 401k match and profit sharing. Besides that, you can forget about work/life balance. They expect you to work 24/7, there are rare positive reinforcements and management's attitude is to break you down and beat their values into you. They never take feedback on market conditions and constantly change the corporate strategy. Upper management doesn't want to be the cheapest company in the industry, but often deliver sub-par service to customers and expect salesmen to mend the relationship afterwards.
Sales is a tough job, but these guys make it a lot harder than it has to be. HR consistently disregards any complaints made regarding manager's attitude. Honestly, if you are looking for a sales career, there are plenty of better opportunities than Rain for Rent.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k match
Admin Electronic Billing/Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2015
Nice place to work, friendly co-workers. Made a lot of new friends that are my Rain for Rent Family whether working with them at Corporate or at the Branches located worldwide. We are relocating to Idaho for a fresh start & a simple way of life. We have 3 Branches in Idaho which I have inquired a transfer to our Nampa location, but nothing is available at this time. It's an Oil & Gas company and irrigation/AG as well. Great benefits!
Pros
Nice building, remodeled, safe location
Cons
CEO retired now it's more of a Corporate feel, not Family oriented anymore
very productive and team working enviroment
INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ColoradoOctober 22, 2015
the working environment was very enjoyable. I was actually looking forward to go to work everyday. We worked as a team and we had a team leader who gave us the daily schedule. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I enjoyed working in the faced paced environment because time went a lot faster. The hardest part of my job was when there wasn't any work and i was bored.
Pros
health benefits, Pay, more attention on safety, working as a team
Cons
poor management
Some good people who actually do care and help while others pass the buck.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Paul, IDOctober 27, 2015
Too much favoritism and no commrodery. Lazy people get to do very little and pass the buck. When you ask for help no one will help you. It's more like a clic or gang like mentality. If you stand up then they won't talk to you or shun you. Like working with kids. Said something to management but got worse!
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Too much favoritism. No commrodery!
Well what can I say. Was laidoff after 5 years of service
Driver (Former Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVMay 20, 2016
I was laid off after 5 years of service, But they kept the employees that have only been with this company for 6 to 7 months. You have to be in the click to stay at this company Management (except one) never had a clue what the day to day operations where and always covered for the employees that showed up late for work every single day. But turned around and fired other employees that where late only two times in a six month period. Certain drivers would go sit in there truck all day long playing on his phone, while others would work in the yard busting there buts all day long, but yet again nothing was ever said all because of favorites!! And it just happens to be that they laid off the drivers that where 50 years old or older???
Pros
Cons
Management can not manage there employees with out favortizem
Poorly micro managed
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 18, 2016
The people in management and leadership roles lack the background and professionalism to be in the positions they are in. Empty promises made and when asked about the promises management totally denies that promises were made.
Pros
Paychecks clear the bank
Cons
Too many to list
Installer
Installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, CODecember 14, 2015
I daily drove from job site to job site, I was certified to drive company truck with a crew.I installed industrial projects in which we filtered water to a waste water system. I was certified to drive a forklift and all terrain vehicle on job sites. I loaded equipment and safely strapped it down. I was OSHA certified and CPR certified.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Don't do it!!!
Roll off driver, winch truck operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2015
If you want to deliver dirty, rusted, leaking frac tanks, which is extremely dangerous by the way, to customers in locations that were never meant to have a semi there, this is the job for you. Never sent a spotter with me. I was basically doing the job of 3 drivers because they kept saying they were gonna hire more, never happened. If you run into trouble on a delivery, and you will, they tell you to "go find help". I had a tank slip off one time and they literally told me to walk around and find somebody with a earth mover to help me. It's ridiculous. They have had 4 drivers in 18 months in Indianapolis and they have all quit. Don't do it. Listen to me. The paperwork to move one tank is like a mortgage deal. It's crazy!! The last day I was there I ran to Lousville for a pickup. It was stuck in the mud and it took me 3-4 hours to get it out. When I finally got back to Indy they told me to head back to Louisville for another pick up. That was it. I told them I was done. This place is horrible!!!!!!
Cons
fun. alot of stress. never have time with your family
Installer (Former Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVFebruary 3, 2015
Amazing place to work its a little tough to get on but. When you do you never have time to enjoy your money I made 3k every two weeks. You have to be an installer or pump watch to do that. I loved the job it was the best job I ever had but something happened and they let me go. It wasn't my fault or the company fault if you ever get a chance. To work for this company do it. I learned so much a. There is 1 boss that needs fired but the management keeps who they like and gets rid of who they dont
Pros
great pay. long hours. traveled.
Cons
no time home. 7 on 2 off is there schedule
great benefits
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LANovember 17, 2015
There were great benefits. There was a good working atmosphere. The trainers were informative. The support staff was helpful as well.
Good place to work when busy.
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 26, 2016
Good place to work with great benefits and decent pay but only when the oilfield is going when the oilfield dropped they couldn't find much work for any of us to do. Management is real shady never lets you know what's going on then they pop up and lay you off.
Benefits
Cons
Never sure about work.
Bad management, lazy worms, money isn't great.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDDecember 24, 2014
A buddy of mine worked here and got me a job. I was working on a drilling rig prior and after just under a year I went back to the rig I came from. The management is horrible. All the hands are lazy. All kinds of promises being made but none actually happened. Went from making over 100k a year to 50k. Promised raises even thought "their budget was tight", then paid over 10 million for 2 skid steers and some hose.
The only cool thing I got out of working for this company was I got to see a different part of the patch and got to learn how the frac works.
Other than that, I wouldn't advise anyone to work here.
Pros
got to learn how fracs worked.
Cons
everything else.
Good Intern experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 10, 2016
a typical day at work: answer customer phone calls and write preliminary design calculations

management: very little

co-workers: reasonable

hardest part of job: working with angry salesmen
Pros
flat screen TV available during lunch
Cons
family of the company gets special treatment
Was Good While it Lasted
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 20, 2016
Was part of a team to pioneer the New Product Development process. I was a pivotal member to introduce formal product launches internally and externally. Did extensive market research and planning to be able to recommend new products to fleet.
Terrible leadership
Installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COMay 4, 2016
This company manufactures management positions for those who kiss the most behind. No schedule, no respect for personal time, no care for employees. I would rather be broke than work for rain for rent.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Absolutely everything
good place to work nice people to work with
Installer/ Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Gibson, PAJanuary 8, 2016
I started off as a installer installing water pipe, pumps and spill containment also installed heating systems for natural gas pads I switched my job to service associate where I was in charge of the yard and all parts going in and out. my duties also included shiping and receving and inventory.
Office Manager
Office Manager (Corp Layoff) (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 14, 2016
I loved all of my job duties as I wore many hats. The hardest part of the job was meeting a couple of customer demands; but it worked out in the end.

My boss was great and really miss everyone and seeing different customers daily.