Rain for Rent

Rain for Rent Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor work environment
Installer (Former Employee), Elm Grove, WVAugust 5, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Very poor management
A typical day at work was coming to work not knowing what you was going to do for the day, and then told you was leaving town for 2 weeks and you had to hurry home to get the cloths that you needed it and the get back. after that I asked for my wedding off and they didn't give it to me they let me go for it. without offering my job back.
O & G
Senior Lead/ Safety Committee Chairman (Former Employee), Cheyenne, Wyoming U.S.A.July 14, 2015
Pros: Oil and Gas
Cons: Oil and Gas
Rain for Rent Culture is one of safety and Family. Unfortunately it is to much of family, had they heeded the words of the obvious we would still be open and employed.
Fun work place that you can grow in
Installer (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Per diem for out of town, good pay
Cons: Out of town alot, management isn't fair to all employees.
If you dont mind out of town work and the very unpredictable nature of the oil fields then it's great. 6 on 2 off schedules.
Not Bad
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), South Gibson, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good workers
Cons: low pay and dictator owner.
Good place to start a working life. Lots of knowledge can be learned with construction. Pay is low and OT is not always available. Not a bad place to be.
Good job if you like to travel alot
Installer (Former Employee), Pike, WVJune 20, 2015
Can be labor intensive and constant inclement weather. Pay was lacking and travel was way too much. Not a job if you have a family.
Good place to work until new management
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2015
Built a good team of employees, grew the staff to double in size, having to leave it all was the hardest part. Had a good client base of customer.
Don't work here
Sales (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJune 13, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance, 401k match
The only pro I can think of this company is the benefits package. Health insurance, 401k match and profit sharing. Besides that, you can forget about work/life balance. They expect you to work 24/7, there are rare positive reinforcements and management's attitude is to break you down and beat their values into you. They never take feedback on market conditions and constantly change the corporate strategy. Upper management doesn't want to be the cheapest company in the industry, but often deliver sub-par service to customers and expect salesmen to mend the relationship afterwards.
Sales is a tough job, but these guys make it a lot harder than it has to be. HR consistently disregards any complaints made regarding manager's attitude. Honestly, if you are looking for a sales career, there are plenty of better opportunities than Rain for Rent.
Rain for Rent Review
Programmer/ Analyst (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, and meeting with management weekly
Cons: No inputs on NEW company projects & NEW project information was ONLY provided by the supervisor.
When I first arrived to work, the supervisor would call the IT team members together and discuss task & projects needed to be done during the week. We would then provided him our progress on tasks that still needed to be completed for the week. Then we discuss and prioritize these tasks for that week.
Temp Job
Installer (Former Employee), Conway, ARMay 27, 2015
Patched spill guards and monitored water levels for flow back and fracing jobs for SWN. Worked 40+ hrs and worked in any weather condition
Productive, Educational, Fun workplace
Lead Person/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work involved daily inventory, getting orders pulled for delivery. Assigning jobs to different co workers for delivery. Doing company work orders.
Living in the 70s
Installer/Welder/Operator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
Pros: Ability and freedom to accomplish tasks the way you think will work best in the field.
Cons: Will work you like a stabbed rat then scoot you out the door.
Company has stacks of paperwork required to do just about anything and is literally still living in the 70s. I swear you can hear "Sky Rockets In Flight" when you walk into one their facilities. Management is always preaching safety but never willing to adequately fund it. Company claims to be "A safe environmentally responsible workplace." but the reality is completely different. You have to either have good old boy type connections or really suck up at this company to have any chance of real advancement. Company has a disproportionately large amount of nepotistic,well pampered & vacationed management and sales staff compared to actual field and shop workers. You get a real feel of a haughty established caste system with this company that leaves you feeling like Oliver Twist at times. Very poor communication, direction and mentoring was a constant while I worked here. Work was always rushed and undermanned. Salesmen were always underbidding jobs and promising unrealistic finish times to customers causing rushed, unsafe, undermanned, job installations usually followed by afternoon phone calls from management asking "What's the problem, What's Taking so long?"
great job
Installer/Crew lead (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXApril 29, 2015
all the way around its a good company to work for. the company care for their employes. the compay way of doin things is good.pay is good . the emplyees all work together
Fair Stable Job
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Conway, ARApril 28, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Pay
The people at Rain for rent were great. The management wasn't as good. They didn't treat people their employees like they mattered. What really did it for me was the apathy of the employees. Everyone got along so well and I made a lot of great friends.
Learned alot about watter transfer
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Kenedy TexasApril 28, 2015
Good company bad time in the oil field here at the texas branch.

the branch hired me in anticipation of a large contract which did'nt go though so I left before the lay off started
A lot of hours with times of boredom
Installer/crane Operator (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: The work is interesting and consistant.
Cons: Healthcare is horrible.
The day is usually non stop busy. I have learned a lot of valuable lessons in a lot of different trades. The management is awesome and flexible to all the different personalities. The hardest part of the job is everything we deal with is super heavy and at the end of the day I am exhausted.
good place to work with focus on safety and family
operation supervisor (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: good pay and insurance
Cons: environment
a typical day at work was 14 to 16 hours long in the cold, and other weather conditions. i could get down to 40 below zero in Wyoming. we pumped water to the fracs in these extremes. Although the conditions were miserable the camaraderie and work ethic of everyone around you made it a good job. In short your fellow employees watched your back to make sure you went home in one piece
Demanding work, but worth it
Lead Operator - Natural Gas Wells (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYMarch 23, 2015
Good co-workers, management was fair, and compensation and benefits were exceptional. Gained a considerable of knowledge about the oil and natural gas drilling fields and the work involved .
On a typical work day
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 16, 2015
The applications development tam of the IT department will start by meeting to establish schedule tasks to be distributed between the programmers, as well as, what individuals of the team that might need help in finishing up any tasks that are past milestone dates. Rain for Rent treats their employees as family.

Rain for Rent trys to provide their employees with news computers and application tools to easy the work load and increase productivity.
they hire young inexperenced employees and put safety last
CDL Winch & Roll Off Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bolivar, OHMarch 8, 2015
Cons: cut employees hours to pay the light bill and show profit
worked for rain for rent for only a year @half co workers where the most unskilled people I have ever worked with management was a joke they could not see the writing on the wall lost most of there customers because they would not clean the frac tanks thay would send equipment in the field in dis repair did not care about employees cut cost to show a profit and take money from staff to pay the light bill if you were in the rest room you would come out in the locker room in the dark they would shut the lights off when you where in the if a company cant afford to keep someone from braking a leg in a pitch black room they need to shut the doors and close down delivered a tank at night almost killed a van full of children took the tank back to the yard manager got the other driver out of bed @4 am sent him back to the same sight at night no flagger no one to warn drivers lucky no one was killed total lack of highway safety I would never tell any one to work for this company
no job security
Installer (Former Employee), Big Piney, WYMarch 5, 2015
No job security, lost many local contracts, never know how long you are working for and how long you will be off, lack of communication from management, they are losing all their contracts

1 2 3 4