Rain for Rent Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Living in the 70s
Installer/Welder/Operator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
Pros: Ability and freedom to accomplish tasks the way you think will work best in the field.
Cons: Will work you like a stabbed rat then scoot you out the door.
Company has stacks of paperwork required to do just about anything and is literally still living in the 70s. I swear you can hear "Sky Rockets In Flight" when you walk into one their facilities. Management is always preaching safety but never willing to adequately fund it. Company claims to be "A safe environmentally responsible workplace." but the reality is completely different. You have to either have good old boy type connections or really suck up at this company to have any chance of real advancement. Company has a disproportionately large amount of nepotistic,well pampered & vacationed management and sales staff compared to actual field and shop workers. You get a real feel of a haughty established caste system with this company that leaves you feeling like Oliver Twist at times. Very poor communication, direction and mentoring was a constant while I worked here. Work was always rushed and undermanned. Salesmen were always underbidding jobs and promising unrealistic finish times to customers causing rushed, unsafe, undermanned, job installations usually followed by afternoon phone calls from management asking "What's the problem, What's Taking so long?"
Struggling with the changing times
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Kenedy, TXMay 2, 2014
Pros: great benifits
A typical day at work has its ups and downs. The company has a small mom and pop mentality when it comes to preparing for the future. The company nation wide ran differently and there wasn't any SOP's to that each branch had to abide in. Meaning each branch ran differently weather in the Oil and Gas part or Agriculture. No rules were alike. The branch I'm at didn't have a branch manager for a whole year. The branch struggled while the operations manager, who micromanaged everything during that period. There was a high turnover rate with installers and foreman quitting due to the lack of management. During this a few great employees survived during the search for a branch manager. There was such a disconnect with the branch and corporate. As long as the branch was around it goal for the month they pretty much didn't care about the high turn over and the complaints and concerns that the branches employees had. Upward advancement was slow for this company for any employee even with a great background. All in all working for this company at this branch was a great learning experience. I got to see how business should not be ran.
they hire young inexperenced employees and put safety last
CDL Winch & Roll Off Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bolivar, OHMarch 8, 2015
Cons: cut employees hours to pay the light bill and show profit
worked for rain for rent for only a year @half co workers where the most unskilled people I have ever worked with management was a joke they could not see the writing on the wall lost most of there customers because they would not clean the frac tanks thay would send equipment in the field in dis repair did not care about employees cut cost to show a profit and take money from staff to pay the light bill if you were in the rest room you would come out in the locker room in the dark they would shut the lights off when you where in the if a company cant afford to keep someone from braking a leg in a pitch black room they need to shut the doors and close down delivered a tank at night almost killed a van full of children took the tank back to the yard manager got the other driver out of bed @4 am sent him back to the same sight at night no flagger no one to warn drivers lucky no one was killed total lack of highway safety I would never tell any one to work for this company
Don't do it!!!
Roll off driver, winch truck operator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
If you want to deliver dirty, rusted, leaking frac tanks, which is extremely dangerous by the way, to customers in locations that were never meant to have a semi there, this is the job for you. Never sent a spotter with me. I was basically doing the job of 3 drivers because they kept saying they were gonna hire more, never happened. If you run into trouble on a delivery, and you will, they tell you to "go find help". I had a tank slip off one time and they literally told me to walk around and find somebody with a earth mover to help me. It's ridiculous. They have had 4 drivers in 18 months in Indianapolis and they have all quit. Don't do it. Listen to me. The paperwork to move one tank is like a mortgage deal. It's crazy!! The last day I was there I ran to Lousville for a pickup. It was stuck in the mud and it took me 3-4 hours to get it out. When I finally got back to Indy they told me to head back to Louisville for another pick up. That was it. I told them I was done. This place is horrible!!!!!!
Challenging career and a learning experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJuly 14, 2014
Pros: being able to work hand in hand with customers and engineering on designs and applications
Cons: multiple days of long hours
While on the job I was required to acquire new business and keep current clientele happy with the services we provided. Most applications needed to be designed and engineered by our company and I would work with our engineering department and devise the best systems for the applications that were presented to us by the customer. Multiple types of applications, was the biggest challenge that, and working with all the local entity laws and requirements for the discharge of waters in their district. The installers were all very hard working and were always willing to give their advise. I really enjoyed the overall aspect of the job it was a real challenge that opened my eyes to all the different aspects of the construction industry.
Great Place to work with Excellent Management
LEAD INSTALLER (Former Employee), Marbleton, WYSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: didn't have enough overtime for me to support my family at the time.
As a Lead Installer for Rain For Rent, I was usually teamed up with a crew. We would engineer and plumb frac tank and mud farms for Shell and Encana for Production and the Drilling Exploration in Wyoming.
Rain for Rent is a Leader in Pump, Tank and Filtration. It was enjoyable to work for the Company. We would would built, and disassemble tank farms and irrigation systems.
I only worked one Winter in Wyoming for them, which was cold
One night, on pump watch was the hardest I had. It was Minus degree weather and the pump was having problems, as the new Dodge I was driving, Trying to keep warm that night and everything running, while being wet.
The most Enjoyable was working with Great Management and Awesome Team of Guys. The work was always enjoyable and challenging.
Don't work here
Sales (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJune 13, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance, 401k match
The only pro I can think of this company is the benefits package. Health insurance, 401k match and profit sharing. Besides that, you can forget about work/life balance. They expect you to work 24/7, there are rare positive reinforcements and management's attitude is to break you down and beat their values into you. They never take feedback on market conditions and constantly change the corporate strategy. Upper management doesn't want to be the cheapest company in the industry, but often deliver sub-par service to customers and expect salesmen to mend the relationship afterwards.
Sales is a tough job, but these guys make it a lot harder than it has to be. HR consistently disregards any complaints made regarding manager's attitude. Honestly, if you are looking for a sales career, there are plenty of better opportunities than Rain for Rent.
Pump rental company
Lead person (Water management technician) (Current Employee), Fort LuptonApril 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: not stable schedule, not a big opportunity to move up.
Rain for Rent company is like a lot of other oil and gas companies because employees work a lot of hours every week but get plenty of days off in between. Rain for Rent has an average benefits package and compensation.They could improve the retirement package by adding a higher match percentage. Job security at Rain for Rent has ups and downs depending on the amount of work available. The advancement and growth at Rain for Rent is very low because their are few management and supervisor openings. Management at Rain for Rent needs a lot of work because no one is on the same page and it's hard for addresses issues. The one thing that is very good at Rain for Rent is the people I work with on a daily basis because we all get long and make each work day a little more bearable.
Former employee
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: 401K match
Cons: They milk you for your time without compensation is you are a salary employee
I liked The Lakes and what they stood for however, the management was lacking considerably. My manager in particular was educated in department responsibilities but could not manage at all. He played favorites and let outside opinions interfere with department structure and morale. He did not listen to his employees and any good ideas suggested, he claimed as his own to upper management. HR knew about this via multiple complaints about him but never did anything. Upper management didn't care either. They have a history of letting longer term, high paid employees go to cut overhead. In which they turn around and hire for same position within months, for a lower salary. Shady practices!
Great Place to start a career but thats it
Corporate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 18, 2013
Pros: travel, pay, advancement, co-workers
Cons: location, training, communication
Rain for Rent is very hands on. I worked at the corporate office and traveled all over the US to job sites, branches, and conventions. Everyday was different and challenging. You learn the business from all angles. You apply what you learned in college from day one. The pay was also very competitive.

HOWEVER, there is little direction from management. You are on your own buddy. This can be good if your a go getter and aren't afraid to take the bull by the horns. But be ready for brimstone and fire if you slip up, upper management will do this for amusement and public display.

Work life balance sucks, location sucks, no frills here. Go to work go home, repeat.

Start here if your fresh out of school or looking to learn.
Claim to care about employees , not very honest !!!
N/A (Current Employee), Not gonna lose my paycheckAugust 14, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: dishonest, greety, only care about safety when there monthly numbers are high
If your looking for a paycheck then this is a okay place, but if your looking for a career then not so much. First off they claim to care about there employees but it's just a front so they don't get into more trouble with OSHA and continue to lose customers. 80% of what they say from the interview on is a complete fabrication of the truth . The management team corporate wide are YES MEN they have no backbone to stick up for there workers nor themselves they thrive on threats of termination. Management claims its like that all the way to the top of the company including the Lakes themselves .
Bad management, lazy worms, money isn't great.
Installer (Former Employee), Minot, NDDecember 24, 2014
Pros: got to learn how fracs worked.
Cons: everything else.
A buddy of mine worked here and got me a job. I was working on a drilling rig prior and after just under a year I went back to the rig I came from. The management is horrible. All the hands are lazy. All kinds of promises being made but none actually happened. Went from making over 100k a year to 50k. Promised raises even thought "their budget was tight", then paid over 10 million for 2 skid steers and some hose.
The only cool thing I got out of working for this company was I got to see a different part of the patch and got to learn how the frac works.
Other than that, I wouldn't advise anyone to work here.
Fun and enjoyable company to work for.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 22, 2015
I worked with all of the offices across the country ordering parts for each warehouse. The management for my department was exceptional. My co-workers were team players and I learned a lot within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know all of the offices and how they operated individually and as a company. The hardest part of this job would be back ordered parts that my offices needed quickly. However, I loved the challenge of locating the parts needed and sending overnight delivery to ensure the job would be completed the following day.
The Corporation has fantastic core values but beware your local branches
Office Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: great benefits package and unbeatable 401k match
Cons: local branch managers are not monitored, beyond reproach
Rain for Rent, as a corporation, is amazing. They have fantastic family values, seem to genuinely care about their employees, and provide every ounce of training for any position you could ever need or desire.

Their field employees do have to work long hours, but the compensation is more than worth it in care, concern, and wages. This corporation pays very well, has fantatic benefits and can offer a fantastic career.
fun. alot of stress. never have time with your family
Installer (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great pay. long hours. traveled.
Cons: no time home. 7 on 2 off is there schedule
Amazing place to work its a little tough to get on but. When you do you never have time to enjoy your money I made 3k every two weeks. You have to be an installer or pump watch to do that. I loved the job it was the best job I ever had but something happened and they let me go. It wasn't my fault or the company fault if you ever get a chance. To work for this company do it. I learned so much a. There is 1 boss that needs fired but the management keeps who they like and gets rid of who they dont
Admin Electronic Billing/Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Nice building, remodeled, safe location
Cons: CEO retired now it's more of a Corporate feel, not Family oriented anymore
Nice place to work, friendly co-workers. Made a lot of new friends that are my Rain for Rent Family whether working with them at Corporate or at the Branches located worldwide. We are relocating to Idaho for a fresh start & a simple way of life. We have 3 Branches in Idaho which I have inquired a transfer to our Nampa location, but nothing is available at this time. It's an Oil & Gas company and irrigation/AG as well. Great benefits!
It's a job
Sales Support (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 12, 2012
Pros: worked with nice colleagues
Cons: aggressive upper management sours the whole experience.
Typical 9 to 5 office job.
Raises and promotions are given to "friends" of upper management, not all employees have the same opportunities for advancement.
Upper management is extremely aggressive and politically biased.
Seniority is not rewarded.
Men are paid more than women.
Training is available to some for advancement, but not all, and the usual reason to deny training to certain people is "budget constraints"; I saw this happen repeatedly.
Great company to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Woodland, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, use of company technology and vehicles
Cons: sometimes higher level employees will tend to micromanage
Rain For Rent is a great company to work for. They offer entry level positions to recent college graduates and train them to become great at their role in the company. Rain For Rent employees are accommodated in every way possible from benefits to company technology and travel expenses. As a sales representative I am able to travel and see new places and people very frequently.
Would NOT recommend
Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: friendships
Cons: lack of management skills
From day one it was an unorganized, negative environment. It is a 'sink or swim' company for non-management employees. Management gets training, but then is 'thrown' into his or her duties. Every dept has complaints, my department was the worst. My co-workers wer ok, but the management is run by young professionals not yet seasoned to perform true management duties.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the few friendships I created.
very productive and team working enviroment
INSTALLER (Former Employee), Brighton, ColoradoOctober 22, 2015
Pros: health benefits, Pay, more attention on safety, working as a team
Cons: poor management
the working environment was very enjoyable. I was actually looking forward to go to work everyday. We worked as a team and we had a team leader who gave us the daily schedule. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I enjoyed working in the faced paced environment because time went a lot faster. The hardest part of my job was when there wasn't any work and i was bored.
Headquarters