Rail-Term Inc. Employee Reviews

Lachine is a death trap.
Shunt Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC8 January 2018
Since you are a contractor, it is CP over railterm employees. The atmosphere is extremely toxic because CP bosses want you fired and your supervisor only wants to impress CP. The turn over rate is extremely high because the pay is decent for new drivers, but the stress is too high.
Pros
Brain dead job.
Cons
24/7 job.
Growing, stable company with huge advancement opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario8 January 2018
My experience with RailTerm has been great. The company is very stable and growing. It's a niche company, with many talented employees. I'm learning so much here and see a huge opportunity to grow my career with them. The pay is very competitive. They are flexible. No complaints.
Pros
Career advancement, pay, flexibility
Cons
can't think of any
No work life balance
Signal maintainer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2017
Working at a Railterm as a signal maintainer I experienced a toxic work culture. Railterm does not hold its employees in high standing, they do not care about life outside of work and expect blood sweat and tears.

The compensation is far below the industry standard and the company makes no effort to provide for their employees, this is accurately represented in the high turn over rate.
Pros
Overtime... if you like that
Cons
Overtime mandatory, no support, poor management
Safety is a key factor
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC29 May 2017
Management is very focus on safety and employees are encouraged to bring any concerns. Communication is important for RailTerm.

There is always someone available to support the employee.

We are part of the team more than we feel like we are employee in a company.Very good company to work for.
Pros
Respect
Employer with genuine concern about safety
Trackman (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
Holding a position in track maintenance, I must say that RailTerm management is truly concerned about the safety of its workers in the field.

We have frequent safety calls and bulletins issued to address various safety related topics/hazards.

The railway is a high risk industry, but this company puts a lot of efforts in the mitigation of hazards.
Pros
Safety Culture
Cons
Overtime required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rail-Term Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8