The Executive Chef Position is accountable to the Director of Resident Services for the provision of hospitality style dining services. The Executive Chef is accountable for all aspects of food production, plate presentation and hospitality dining through effective planning, direction and control, to meet the nutritional needs, resident requests and operational requirements as directed by Director of Resident Services. The Executive Chef will accommodate the dining needs of Resident in accordance with legislative requirements
The Executive Chef is required to perform their duties in a manor consistent with the core values and employee code of conduct. They are to ensure the safety of residents and demonstrate customer service excellence at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is the a role model for the staff by demonstrating a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the home;
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and monitors the effectiveness of all Food based activities within the home. Works with the Director of Resident Services to ensure that ensures standards for department are up held.
- Responsible for Hospitality Style Dining Service though superior food production practices, plate presentation and garnishing by developing and following the menus, setting up equipment and supplies for food presentation and ensuring standardized recipes are followed. Following all appropriate requirements for temperature and portion control of quantity.
- Monitor and implement, under the direction of the Director of Resident services or designate, any resident prescribed diet requirements;
- Completes all necessary documentation (food and refrigeration temperatures, dishwashing machine temperatures, Menu changes);
- Monitors quality of food supplies received and advises suppliers of problems with the quality, supply and equipment needs.
- Provides direction to all culinary staff and other food and beverage staff in basic food procedures, perp. work, and plating of food;
- Alerts Director of Resident Services to problems effecting staffing, production, and any other departmental issues and makes recommendations about correct actions. Implements the actions as agreed with senior management. Assist with maintaining the security of the department;
- Complies with all provincial regulations, established Food and Beverage Department Policies and procedures including ORCA and RHRA standards.
- Ensures the “Tour Ready” program with in the residence is active within the department so that that the building is ready for potential resident visits at all times;
- Gives direction, participates in planning and preparing special occasion menus and themed meals;
- Develops and conducts in-service programs and ensures all staff are trained in safe food handling techniques;
- Leads department and facility staff meetings, in-services, and other required training sessions;
- Conducts and submits the monthly inventory counts to the account/ Office Manager.
- Compiles and inputs food orders;
- Keeps in touch with leading trends in food services, is in direct contact with food service providers, Keeps current with all suppliers to ensure that Raglan Village is up to date and accurate with suppliers.
- Supports and follows set budgetary controls to ensure that departmental financial goals are met, as directed by Director of Resident Services.
- Must hold a diploma/degree in Hospitality Management, Culinary Management, or ;
- Must have Red Seal designation or equivalent experience/ education acceptable by Owner at time of hire.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience within the Hospitality or Retirement Home sector;
- A valid Safe Food Handling certificate and Smart Serve certificate is an asset;
- Must have an excellent command of the verbal and written English language skills;
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team;
- Current CPR training recommended and will be seen as an asset;
- Ability to work to deadline;
- Flexibility to work all shifts (Days, Evenings, Holidays and Weekends)
Applications must be submitted to Martin MacDonald, General Manager, Raglan Village, by email or by fax at (705) 445-1811.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard