Radisys Corporation Employee Reviews

Advanced Technical Telecom Company
Senior Global Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 February 2017
Company is changing to meet the always changing market expectations. Customer base is world-wide and products are on the cutting edge. Company is evolving now.
Pros
good compensation, publicly owned
Cons
can be stressful
Great company
Lead Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 January 2017
Great place to work and I had a great relationship with the upper management. I was able to learn new skills and achieve goals that i never knew were possible.
Innovative and transforming company
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR30 December 2016
Many great people working there. Radisys reinvented itself many times in last decade. They are able to find a way to survive and succeed in a difficult telecom market.
Productive and fun workplace
Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR16 November 2016
Maintaining production schedules, Troubleshooting,Using computerized tools and enjoy working with all my co-worker
stressful, politics
Manufacturing Operations Director (Former Employee) –  深圳市5 May 2016
China operation team is a strong team , but, Corperate senior managment does not enpower the local leader to run the entire operations in China, many interuption from headquarter to the local executions
Pros
salary package
Cons
politics
Good to work
Hardware Engineer, Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 October 2015
People are nice to work with.
Fun at work with supportive management.
Good healthcare insurance and vacation benefits.
Company bet the "farm" on the telecomm market in 2000 and lost.
Quality Systems and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR2 June 2015
Many diverse products when I joined in 1997. Very fast growth then through early 2000, fun environment and great teamwork at the Operations level in Mfg.
Pros
Great people, products & customers
Cons
End of quarter push every quarter
Dying vine
Finance (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR2 March 2015
Over the last few years, there has been a lot of change at this company. The changes stemmed mainly from sending manufacturing overseas (so, lay-offs made sense). However, Radisys recently began a new round of lay-offs affecting GA. Those that are left are reeling from the news that they have terminated positions for our key engineering people, as well as folks from HR, our lawyer and our facilities team. The outlook is bleak. We feel that either the company is going to be sold or go under. The general consensus is to look for a job. We've lost all our good people. Yet, they promote people into higher positions who have no background/experience to back such promotions.
Pros
Have a job...today.
Cons
Bleak outlook, constant lay-offs, good people let go while inexperienced people get promoted.
Excellent blend of highly skilled workforce and teamwork
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India22 October 2014
A typical day at work included doing the assigned tasks by a given time just like any other company, but what set this company apart from the rest of the companies is that each one may be assigned tasks which they've never done before and from various disciplines. This may include development, debugging, testing a product, helping with documentation and doing all this while trying to meet deadlines. This makes the work at RadiSys quite challenging but also very fruitful. At the end of my tenure at RadiSys, I had learnt how to deal with debugging issues that RadiSys' customers had rasied, helping with the development of projects, debugging in fields such as networking, he;ping the documentation team with the finer details of the project/product (as it was a product based company).
When learning anything new, the coworkers help getting you up to speed so that you can learn faster and meet deadlines. The most challenging part of the job was mainly dealing with the multiplexed roles of a developer, debugger, tester and documentation help , but this was exactly what made the job satisfying and helped keep you on your toes so that we are never bored. Doing those challenging things only made me get better at all those things gradually.
Pros
Free lunch, Open environment, Lunch trips
Cons
Only yearly health check ups, no outdoor sports facilities
good internship place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR23 September 2014
It is a good place to start an internship. I learned many details of Tcp/IP protocol and how to set up servers. The management is loose since I am an intern. Co-workers are nice, they like new technologies and they do too much about their family in the workplace. My hardest part is reading the Perl code because I did not know anything about Perl at that time. The most enjoyable part of my internship is designed the UI.
Pros
Learned many networking stuff
Cons
Do not have enough work to do
Company constantly undergoing changes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR27 June 2014
Constant management changes and lay offs makes life hard at Radisys.
Pros
Excellent in establishing a new market
Sales and Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PA21 January 2014
Became a leader in the embedded PC marketplace through high volume manufacturing, and extension of long-lived designs.
Pros
Had backing of Intel corporation
Cons
Overreached with its acquisition of Texas Micro
Great company
Inside Sales - Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA3 January 2014
Until we were bought by an Oregon company and they started laying everyone off in San Diego
Pros
great people
Cons
layoffs
Learned a lot and had a lot of run working at Radisys.
GM, Strategy and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Portland Area, Oregon1 December 2013
Recruited out of Tektronix to start the Telecom Thrust and did accomplish the task! Radisys is now recognized for being a Telecom company.

Great set of people and work with a lot of good people. Weathered over 8 acquisitions and integrated a lot of products and consolidated portfolios - had fun along the way.

Enjoyed starting a new product line for ATCA and grew it aggressively for several years. Wished the Telecom market was not so lumpy and was more predictable.

Too bad I had to leave, but wishing the remaining folks good luck to grow the company back and build it up.
Pros
Variety of experience - everything from product management to M&A
Cons
Smaller company with constant resource challenges.
Electronic Manufacturing for many companies
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR19 October 2013
I was in QA then moved into OBQ. A great place to work they seemed to really care about the workers. Then they started farming out work to other countries and laying off people.
Good place to work, great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR16 October 2013
Radisys is a good place to work, the people are dedicated and driving to win. Markets are very soft in the embedded compute and solutions business, and Radisys needs to focus on strategic programs and stick to them.
Pros
People and work environment
Cons
Internal communications
Dynamic place with lots of great people
BUYER / PURCHASING (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR27 September 2013
This was a semi-conductor manufacturing company. Almost each day was a desk job and identical to the day before.
On going product awareness and learning on the job, working with manufacturing and product development

Hardest part of the job is that it was almost impossible to have the full knowledge of all thousands of parts and commodities that you deal in the material requirement planning.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that the people and my manager was extremely supportive and helpful. I cannot thank them enough.
Pros
Great People with lots of support
Cons
Bad Economy
AP Accountant  (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR21 June 2013
Enjoyed working here. Company takes great care of their employees.
Great place to work (at least as an intern)
Software Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL27 February 2013
- Great people
- Great learning opportunity
- Interesting work
- Fast paced
Steady Work
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX6 December 2012
Before this company was bought out by another one, they had a very high ranking in distribution. It was a great place to work.
Unfortunately, they didn't promote from within very much, so advancement within the company was very difficult.
Pros
pay raises
Cons
non internal advancemet

2.9