RADISSON HOTEL

RADISSON HOTEL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The hotel was in need of renovation
Financial Controller (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 20, 2013
when I was there, the hotel really need renovation to bring in business
Cleaning Position
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Utica, NYOctober 11, 2013
Pros: pay day
Cons: work load was very heavy.
Change bed linen, vacuum rugs, clean bathrooms,fix hangers, shine furniture, wash and fold linen.
New GM is horrible
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), North Olmsted OhOctober 10, 2013
I have nothing to say except this is the worst work experience I have every had. I feel sorry for the people who are still there as their working lives have been may hard by the new GM and the Office manager.
Clearly no knowlage of Hospitality!
Social Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: employee parking is free, food in restaurant is great! but you have to pay!
Cons: desperate is on the walls for employees as well as banquet guests.
So very sad! This Hotel could sell! but dosent seem to haved the Managment or Ownership to make decisions to do so! They sit with empty ballrooms nightly , and weekends...no events!!
Job was Micro-Managed daily, over the shoulder type. Mothered to death!! if you need a mommy, or your first sales positon then this hotel works for you. They have a great – more... staff that works hard to please, but not appriciated. In fact down right talked down to!! as if you had no clue what your job is? or what you were hired to do?
The competition is firce in this area.. and negotiations are not part of there routine? I am not sure if anyone has told the owner!! hey! Pal...
this is a sales team? that is what we do!!
The competition a 5 star luxury hotel across the street.. and they are better priced!! and they negotiate as well...mmm. imagine that, someone there knows what they are doing! They have full ballrooms every weekend!! seen it, and drove by it with envy every weekend on my way home every sad Saturday day with nothing to do... people dont even call for sites... no walk ins!! Phone barly rings!! And when it does
and when you did quote prices or sent menus people were awww struck! Truly!! so pricy! Not waterfront beach! No Sand here?
This Hotel has lost its ablility for basic know-how! They feel they are intilteld to pricy simply because the address has Newport Beach in it...it should say Airport!! Irvine. I feel sorry for this hotel!! Wish the best for it!! Think Negotiations! Think better and more appropriate pricing for what your venue is!! Think make $$$$$ not sit around and wish it!
Or at least do a Website that is appealing!! Welcome in 2013!!
No Budget for advertizing,,, but pleanty of budget for a Director of Sales and Marketing Salary! !How exactly does that work? Why a Marketing Director if there is no Budget for Marketing? You fools, you are paying her for nothing!! Get back to basics. Director of Sales or Director of Catering.
Sell a Product for what it is worth... !! The service is awfull in banquets but the food is wonderul if you get the right thing? and if you ever get it?'
Operation Manager that knows operations is a great begining and ending to successful events!!
But never tell the GM!! the truth regarding his service and opinions on why the hotel always has problems.. he takes things personal instead of constructive for better service. Awww... just dont do it unless you are desperate for a job! Desperte defanatly lives in the walls at this Hotel. – less
Good experience overall.
Maintenance Technician/ Mechanic (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: work schedule and opportunity to gain experience with working, reparing so many different mechanical units.
Cons: downtown traffic
Daily rounds for equipment performance readings and maintenance checks. Resonsible for any repairs, services.
I learned much about a wide variety of engines, electric motors, pumps, chillers, HVAC,boilers. I learned necessary responsibilities for mechanical and non mechanical building maintenance involved with a major hotel.
Management was very good.
Hardest – more... part of job juggling services,repairs of over 400 individual pieces of equipment.
Most enjoyable was a set daily schedule and off 3 weekends monthly. – less
Great Place to work
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Orlando,FlOctober 1, 2013
Great place to work,good management,no benefits,awesome co-workers
Started Sales Call in May'13 & Archived 341 Rooms Individual Productivity.
Assistant Manager Revenue & Reservation (Current Employee), Kandla, GJSeptember 24, 2013
Attend Revenue Generation Training.
Attend All Webinar.
Budgeting for Financial year.
Forecasting for Current Month and next 3 months. (Segment wise)
Analysis the Revenue via Segment, Source, Country & State on Monthly basis.
Handling ALL OTA’s Partners & Brand Web-Site.
Prepared New Packages as per the market requirement & Seasons.
Coordinating with – more... the Sales Department & Front Office to know what is the Market required in term of Rates & Packages.
Revised the BAR strategy as when required depending on Occupancy.
Keep the track on Exhibition dates & Wedding Dates.
Keep a Track of each reservation

Handling Front Office from Jan’13 to June’13 (In absence of Front Office Manager). – less
Great working environment.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Pico Rivera, CASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: cafeteria serves free lunch! great people to work with
Cons: accounting department is very small and the workload is heavy.
I learned a lot from the Radisson Hotel. Managers were always helpful and willing to train me in other departments. Co-workers have always been been willing to give a helping hand. The hotel controller was an individual who influenced me greatly and taught me everything that I know regarding accounting; working with him was an awesome experience. The – more... hardest part of the job was finding and making time to take a lunch, considering that lunch hour was one of the busiest times of the day. – less
Tricky Business
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee), Glendale, WISeptember 17, 2013
Pros: discounted food from cafe
Cons: no breaks
Depending on how busy the hotel was the harder you worked. some days we worked 2 hours somedays we worked 8. i liked working alone though. pretty easy job just not always worth the travel there because of no set hours
Excellent co-workers
Waiter & Room Service Attendant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: little or no breaks
Not a lot business on night shift. Often over staffed in anticioation of night business. Hard to depend on an acceptable weekly wage.
Beautiful hotel with wonderful potential
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch, opportunity to meet a cross section of people, the joy of an event well done
Cons: industry is very volatile
I started as the Admin to the Sales Dept. I was promoted to the Assistant to the General Manager in two months. I stayed in the position until I was promoted to the Sales Department. The days were varied. We had an amazing team that was a joy to work with and provided opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Good work place
Lead Facilitator/ Houseman (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2013
I learned how to be supervisor at this job and how to take inventory of supplies coming in and going out.
great kitchen staff and nice facilities
Executive Chef (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: sometimes long hours and too many weekends
At hotels anything could happen 24 hours a day so they are kind of challenging. You have guests from all over the world all with different needs and expectations. The F&B staff was an important part of their experience. Lots of customer service training is needed to keep employees doing the right thing. Challenging but worth it.
Surrounded by food
Garden Supervisor/ Hostess (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 29, 2013
Pros: met celebrities
Cons: bad health insurance
Worked with nice employees. Learned how to operate in banquets, sales and catering, room service and house keeping.
productive great place for water fun
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 26, 2013
Provide exceptional customer service to all guest
Provide direct support to all staff; as necessary
Implement all policies and procedures
Process hotel/water park transactions and reservation changes
Radisson Hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pgh, PaAugust 21, 2013
Get linen ready in the morning and start cleaning rooms. the most enjoyable part was meeting all the different people. my coworkers and supervisors were great.
Never again
Yedla Mgmt (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 9, 2013
Bad owners and management team, no support or understanding from owners or mgmt.
was my favorite job really. It was a great place to work and really miss it.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TnAugust 6, 2013
Pros: great people and very friendly atmosphere
Cons: got to visit the airport alot and do great things for all upcoming events
Everyone was really great to work with. Really enjoyed working with the guests and my employees in the office. We always did good things for all the upcoming events in the area and the airport as well.
Diverse work envieroment
Reservations (Current Employee), San franciscoAugust 5, 2013
I've learned so much here. It's great to have such a diverse team.
Great opportunities to advance in the hotel Indusrty.
M.O.D / head of Security, and lost prevention (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 3, 2013
Pros: good bennefits, careing g.m and middle management.
Cons: late nights away from my children holidays...
Advancing in the hotel lindustry fun but professional,clean positive inviroment with staff you could trust with a family feel.

Understanding Management.
co-workers were alway's layed back but supportive.

Grave yard shift was hard because I was away from my children at night and most weekends.

enforceing safty and security to my co- workers always – more... knowing that thay supported any if not every decission was forced to make.. – less

About RADISSON HOTEL

This hotel caters to explorers traveling in style. Radisson Hotels & Resorts is a leading upscale hotel brand, with about 420 – Read more