Radisson Hotel Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Event Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2014
great place to enhance all your work skills. Work may become overwhelming at times but overall manageable
Productive and fun
Night Auditor & Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara falls11 October 2014
Very informative, meeting new people and experiencing other cultures.
Fun workplace
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON24 September 2014
The shifts went by quickly, I enjoyed communicating with all the different people I saw every day.
I learned how to serve specific meals and how they were made, I learned how to keep busy during a long shift, I was taught how to give my all in making sure that everyone was satisfied with their experience at the Radisson. I learned many different things about the franchise during my Yes I Can training which helped with my every day skills on the job.
Fun place to work
Restaurant & In Room Dining Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton11 September 2014
I am responsible for the restaurant & In room dining. I participate in morning meetings & all communication meetings with other departmental meetings.
The management is very approachable & have open door policy. I enjoy working here because my team is very good & professional.
fun and productive
Cook 1& Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 September 2014
its always good to be at work as its more of friendly environment at work, there is lot of things to learn everyday at work
Pros
break times
Fun, yet stressful
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON4 July 2014
Renovations of the hotel took a lot longer than expected. It was very hard to keep front desk management. Many employees didn't have the "Yes I can" attitude. Housekeeping ran behind a lot, due to laundry or whatever.

The fun part was meeting people all over the globe. Interacting with celebrities, weddings and much more. There were so many exciting parts about the job.
Pros
Hotel discount with Carlson.
Cons
Parking, constant guest complaints
Perfect customer service
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC30 May 2014
Checking in the customers and checking them out.
Resolve their problems.
Communication between housekeeping department and reception.
The Radisson is a great hotel to work at and the company is awesome..
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 May 2014
I enjoy talking with the guest and meeting new people all the time, from all corners of the universe. My co-workers are awesome,we are always laughing and having fun. The hardest part of the job is when dealing with difficult guests, it gets a little overwhelming sometimes especially when it is very busy, however a lot of patience and empathy goes a long way and that is always handy, i always tell myself to relax so that the guest can relax as well when they see that i am calm. Works for me and i love my job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Accounting Clerk
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the autonomy this position allows. As I am mainly responsible for accounts receivable my performance metric is the aging. So as long as the aging is good, my superiors are happy and I'm happy.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Lower paying across industries
productive and fun place to work
Buffet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Radisson Hotel South Edmonton Ab8 December 2013
Everyday is a busy day. Learned to talk to have great cooperation with the team. My management is outstanding and my co-workers are helpful to one another.
Pros
Good lunch

Want to know more about Radisson Hotel?

Ask a question
Currently employes as the executive sous chef
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray AB13 November 2013
Executive Sous Chef , preparation of bases et sauces, supervision of staff, Food costs, composition et elaboration of menus & table d’hote’s ,running the line and pass, butchery et confections of ‘‘petit four’’
Pros
excellent management skills
Cons
perfectionist
fun workplace
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 October 2013
not a boring place. everyday is a good day for me at work. i love how they treat people/us.
It was a good experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2013
I learned how to be a good kitchen helper and dishwasher. I also was a excellent cleaner.
Pros
Good pay
Productive, Patience
Room Attendant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 July 2013
Done 4 months Internship in Radisson as Housekeeping attendant/supervisor.
Taught me a lot to be patience and not be surprised when I enter a room.
taught me how to be communicate with Front desk and managers and maintenance, cause the hotel wont run if you do not work as a team with all departments
Productive workplace with awesome co-workers
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2013
During my volunteer hours at the Radisson hotel i learned how to prepare food properly and garnish foods. My co-workers were very nice and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was preparing foods all day so much my fingers were sore. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and garnishing foods.
Pros
free lunches, nice co-workers
Cons
not learning how to bake more food.
Excellent Team work and Management
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2012
Everyday we had a task list to complete, and a various amount of other work. We all worked as a team and management worked with us as well (rare) and it is the best work enviroment I have ever worked in. We have 100% guest satisfaction program so we were always assuring our guests had a good stay and made sure if they did not to make it right. The hardest part of a day would be having a guest we just could not satisfy no matter what we tried. All departments worked as a team together which made the daily run of the hotel fairly easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the variety of guests and the guest interaction. To make someones day because of a simple offering is very satisfactory! If I could I would bring my job home with me.
Pros
lunch, teamwork, working with people you can rely on and fantastic work enviroment
Cons
n/a
what have i learned
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON26 October 2012
everthing i need to know from prepairing the kart to cleaning the room the people are great
productive and meeting new people
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Admiral, SK20 September 2012
it was fun working at this hotel: enjoyed meeting new clients and guests and communicating with people and assisting clients with their needs
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very repetitive; but enjoyed it somewehat
Fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB16 August 2012
Overall not a bad place to work, Management have a very corporate and non personable way of running things. Co-workers are very fun people most of the time.
familly, teamwork
Demi chef de partie (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2012
i have learn about the opportunities of showing the new idea to the team and also learning the good skill from my team too
Pros
has oppertunities to show my own idea
Cons
fixed hours