Radisson Hotel Employee Reviews

upper management makes things difficult
Front desk representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 April 2017
the general manager there is pretty sexist. and can be very rude at times. front desk manager during my time there and housekeeping manager were my reason for coming to work everyday they made it worth while
Toxic Work Environment with Many Issues with Management
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 March 2017
In my experience at the Radisson Hotel Sudbury Location, I have found that there is poor communication and training between management and staff as well as ever changing policies that are impossible to keep up with. The management (specifically the GM) that has been running the hotel for the past few years has been known to discriminate against and put down his staff and staff are often denied their legal rights as employees (breaks, etc) and NO part time staff are guaranteed a minimum amount of hours. Perks of this job is that it includes a few taxable benefits with the union contract such as a staff meal every shift of at least 6 hours.
Pros
provided meals
Cons
no guaranteed hours, poor management
Apply elsewhere
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 February 2017
I was not a valued worker, even though I was dedicated to the job. The turn over rate was so high due to poor management and employee mistreat. You deserve better.
Radisson Review
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2017
The company and the staffs are doing great in their work. When I got hired in this hotel they provided me everything that I have to know about the company including training and seminars before they put me on the floor. The bosses are easy to talk to.
radisson hotel have very good work environment
THIRD COOK (Full-Time/Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 December 2016
radisson hotel care of it's employee and the management is great they really implement strict rules which is very nice for me and staff are following it. The management is very friendly and very professional as well as the staff.
Stressful when clearly shouldn't be
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Red deer, albera5 October 2016
I enjoyed the job and had great customers/ guests. Working there was sometimes stressful when it really shouldn't be. When I started I had 3 interviews which is the most I've ever had even in way better jobs, so I was expecting great things. However it seemed to be a little bit divided with new changes for improvement, which is great but it was very disorganized. Enforcing new rules on new staff by security, almost like being bullied ( which should be addressed by management) and letting old staff get away with anything. While I started 2 longer term staff quit with no notice and the rest of staff seemed close to having enough or looking for new work. Servers in restaurant and lounge had to use own floats, which was never mentioned about the job in 3 interviews. Although kitchen staff were nice, what was ordered by guests did not always come out in the meal, added or missing ingredients which sacrificed your tips. Yet you still had to tip out to kitchen. Poor communication with higher up staff assuming new staff know everything, events, wedding tastings, ect. Again making a easy job hard and stressful. Eventually this could be a great place to work but they need to figure it out and get everyone on board.
Pros
Most staff were enjoyable to work with and help out in anyway, customers and guests were very nice even when they could see the struggle
Cons
Older security staff trying to be your manager which is nothing to do with their job, poor comunication, unorganized managment
Very good.
Server / Conference Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
I enjoy meeting public. Helping offering advice help. When help was needed we recieved it. Customer service must be your top service. The most enjoyable part of th job ....talking and meeting customer's.
great coworkers - terrible job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 March 2016
i loved my coworkers. they were great but with in 3 months of me being there i still didn't have a uniform. and in that time 4 people quit. while i was there 3 were looking for other jobs so they could quit. half the night audit paper work is pointless, but they require you to do it and then give different papers to 12 different people. you're required to show up at lunches and dinners for staff, despite the fact that you were night shift so you need to sleep during the day, and the fact that you do have a life outside of your job. I went to a job that pays less just to get away and be happier. i'm happier making less money half way across the city than i was working 2 blocks from my house and making more money.

Its a shame, it couldve been a great job. i was so excited when i started there. it went downhill fast.
fun
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 March 2016
Good to see customers enjoying themselves. Nice environment and location to the falls and other activities in Niagara.
Pros
smiles on people faces
Cons
rude guests
Lot to learn
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 March 2016
Radisson hotel close to the Toronto Airport
Very busy place b/c of high turn over of the guests
But still fun to work there
Pros
Great benefits program
Cons
24/7 availability
fun workplace kind boss
Breakfast Bar and Restaurant host (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 November 2015
enjoyable part of the job is when i greet the guest having conversation withthem making them happy hardest part of the job requires long hours of standing and walking my co workers are great
Pros
kind boss
Cons
standing and walking for long hours
was good
Banquet server/porter (Current Employee) –  regina21 October 2015
i had just one problem and it was the pay, we got minimum wage for something that was more than that, the staffs were good to work with tho.
Chaotic and Fun With New Situations Every Night
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2015
Typical day:

-Set up function
-Serve function
-Disassemble function
-Set up next function

I learned how to better refine my customer service skills.

Management often went through more difficulties than staff. During winter, specifically Christmas, Supervisors and Managers could often be seen for 14-15 hours at a time.

My co-workers were all kind individuals and hard working.

Carrying a tray of heavy glass on my right hand for hours on end would off-set my spine causing agonizing aches.

I was provided with training on the bar, something I found calming, fun and different. If a bartending position ever became available, I would apply immediately.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners after functions
Cons
Mostly a night job. A few nights would be spent from 5 PM until 4 AM
Good Company to work for
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 July 2015
Great staff and management during Radisson Days. Several Incentive Programs, Healthy, happy atmosphere. Worked in Management taking care of guests and employees alike.
Pt Manager On Duty
Part-time Front Desk Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  Kitchener17 April 2015
This hotel was a great place to work while I was in school. The staff and atmosphere were very inviting. They recently renovated the surface aspects of the main lobby and hallways to improve guest experiences. Management was helpful and friendly to deal with in both cases of emergencies and problem situations.
always busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 November 2014
Was long days, met new and exciting people fast friendly place
Pros
free lunches
very intensive work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2014
one day I went little late for work, everybody had packed their cart and ready to start clean while I have to find all the stuffs for my cart. there were no enough cleaning towers for exchange. during that day, I keep going down to the laundry room get some new towers and other supplies. it slowed down my work speed and made me so hard for the whole day.
I learned it is important to have the good relationship with co-worker in this case, because we can share the supplies with each other.
the hardest part of this job is when you get most of the room are very messy to clean.
the enjoyable part of the job is very personable working environment.
An extrodinary learning expirience
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto5 November 2014
Learned how to deal with difficult people
Costumer service
Pros
Free Lunches
fun workplace
Event Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2014
great place to enhance all your work skills. Work may become overwhelming at times but overall manageable
Productive and fun
Night Auditor & Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara falls11 October 2014
Very informative, meeting new people and experiencing other cultures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radisson Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.