Radisson Hotel Employee Reviews

Very Productive/ Fun environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 June 2017
I currently started working here. I loved the people I worked here. Some are not very professional when it comes to a certain place and time. But overall very good. Inconsistent hours as there are not that many events being booked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inconsistent hours
upper management makes things difficult
Front desk representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 April 2017
the general manager there is pretty sexist. and can be very rude at times. front desk manager during my time there and housekeeping manager were my reason for coming to work everyday they made it worth while
Toxic Work Environment with Many Issues with Management
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 March 2017
In my experience at the Radisson Hotel Sudbury Location, I have found that there is poor communication and training between management and staff as well as ever changing policies that are impossible to keep up with. The management (specifically the GM) that has been running the hotel for the past few years has been known to discriminate against and put down his staff and staff are often denied their legal rights as employees (breaks, etc) and NO part time staff are guaranteed a minimum amount of hours. Perks of this job is that it includes a few taxable benefits with the union contract such as a staff meal every shift of at least 6 hours.
Pros
provided meals
Cons
no guaranteed hours, poor management
Fun yet busy
Restaurant/Lounge Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2017
A typical day at work required managing a team of 10+ employees. I learned a lot of management skills, such as inventory control, schedule planning, and excellent customer service skills.
The job itself....
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 March 2017
- The job has it's days. It can be challenging.

- I've learned a lot. Good people there to train you.

- Management can be tough, that's how we learn.

- Fair and reasonable place

- Making it right 100%

- Meeting new people around the world
Apply elsewhere
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 February 2017
I was not a valued worker, even though I was dedicated to the job. The turn over rate was so high due to poor management and employee mistreat. You deserve better.
Nice Hotel
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  67 street Red Deer Alberta9 February 2017
I have been working on this Hotel for more than 7 years and still counting . It such a nice hotel . nice work environment. nice people.
no career oppurtunity
Front Desk Agent August 2014- February 2015 (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 January 2017
breakfast bar host at the radisson is a fun and exciting job making other people happy first day in the morning cheering them before start to work is a fun job
Pros
discounted meal
Cons
starting work to early
Radisson Review
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2017
The company and the staffs are doing great in their work. When I got hired in this hotel they provided me everything that I have to know about the company including training and seminars before they put me on the floor. The bosses are easy to talk to.
radisson hotel have very good work environment
THIRD COOK (Full-Time/Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 December 2016
radisson hotel care of it's employee and the management is great they really implement strict rules which is very nice for me and staff are following it. The management is very friendly and very professional as well as the staff.
Stressful when clearly shouldn't be
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Red deer, albera5 October 2016
I enjoyed the job and had great customers/ guests. Working there was sometimes stressful when it really shouldn't be. When I started I had 3 interviews which is the most I've ever had even in way better jobs, so I was expecting great things. However it seemed to be a little bit divided with new changes for improvement, which is great but it was very disorganized. Enforcing new rules on new staff by security, almost like being bullied ( which should be addressed by management) and letting old staff get away with anything. While I started 2 longer term staff quit with no notice and the rest of staff seemed close to having enough or looking for new work. Servers in restaurant and lounge had to use own floats, which was never mentioned about the job in 3 interviews. Although kitchen staff were nice, what was ordered by guests did not always come out in the meal, added or missing ingredients which sacrificed your tips. Yet you still had to tip out to kitchen. Poor communication with higher up staff assuming new staff know everything, events, wedding tastings, ect. Again making a easy job hard and stressful. Eventually this could be a great place to work but they need to figure it out and get everyone on board.
Pros
Most staff were enjoyable to work with and help out in anyway, customers and guests were very nice even when they could see the struggle
Cons
Older security staff trying to be your manager which is nothing to do with their job, poor comunication, unorganized managment
Productive workplace
Porter (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 September 2016
A typical day at work is helping hotel guests with their luggage. I learned different cultural diversities and management cares for their employees. My co-workers make sure that everybody is having fun at work. The hardest part of work is when there's a banquet where every body gets drunk and we need to keep some guests quiet.The most enjoyable part of the job is when I;m touring guests around the city.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
No pay for sick leaves.
Great place to work! 👍🏻
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 September 2016
High salary compared to other hotels. typical day at work includes working with awesome people, being taught by knowledgeable co-workers and welcomed into a great and fun job culture, develop your other skills and company that values family. Hire mangers or supervisors fluent in english so that they can communicate and understand by their people.
Pros
Great pay
I enjoy working at the Radisson Hotel.
Banquet Waiter Bartender Porter. (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
The Radisson Hotel is a great Hotel to work
in. I would recommend people that are looking
for employment in the Hotel Industry to work
there.
Great Team, fun work environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Etob26 July 2016
The hotel has been newly renovated, the rooms look amazing therefore even when its expected to be low occupancy it picks up and sells out quite frequently.
The front office team, particularly the guest service agents are all great to work with and very knowledgeable.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
understaffed
Very good.
Server / Conference Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
I enjoy meeting public. Helping offering advice help. When help was needed we recieved it. Customer service must be your top service. The most enjoyable part of th job ....talking and meeting customer's.
Wedding and V.I.P event`s
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2016
Coordinating with the front desk and banquet supervisor`s for the event of the day (V.I.P) big function (wedding) and to the our housekeeping staff for any special request from our regular guest in-house.
Pros
free birthday lunch every month for the celebrant
Cons
long hours during weekend busy time/period
great coworkers - terrible job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 March 2016
i loved my coworkers. they were great but with in 3 months of me being there i still didn't have a uniform. and in that time 4 people quit. while i was there 3 were looking for other jobs so they could quit. half the night audit paper work is pointless, but they require you to do it and then give different papers to 12 different people. you're required to show up at lunches and dinners for staff, despite the fact that you were night shift so you need to sleep during the day, and the fact that you do have a life outside of your job. I went to a job that pays less just to get away and be happier. i'm happier making less money half way across the city than i was working 2 blocks from my house and making more money.

Its a shame, it couldve been a great job. i was so excited when i started there. it went downhill fast.
fun
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 March 2016
Good to see customers enjoying themselves. Nice environment and location to the falls and other activities in Niagara.
Pros
smiles on people faces
Cons
rude guests
Lot to learn
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 March 2016
Radisson hotel close to the Toronto Airport
Very busy place b/c of high turn over of the guests
But still fun to work there
Pros
Great benefits program
Cons
24/7 availability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radisson Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.