Radisson Hotel Employee Reviews in Canada

great coworkers - terrible job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2016
i loved my coworkers. they were great but with in 3 months of me being there i still didn't have a uniform. and in that time 4 people quit. while i was there 3 were looking for other jobs so they could quit. half the night audit paper work is pointless, but they require you to do it and then give different papers to 12 different people. you're required to show up at lunches and dinners for staff, despite the fact that you were night shift so you need to sleep during the day, and the fact that you do have a life outside of your job. I went to a job that pays less just to get away and be happier. i'm happier making less money half way across the city than i was working 2 blocks from my house and making more money.

Its a shame, it couldve been a great job. i was so excited when i started there. it went downhill fast.
Lot to learn
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 4, 2016
Radisson hotel close to the Toronto Airport
Very busy place b/c of high turn over of the guests
But still fun to work there
Pros
Great benefits program
Cons
24/7 availability
fun workplace kind boss
Breakfast Bar and Restaurant host (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 4, 2015
enjoyable part of the job is when i greet the guest having conversation withthem making them happy hardest part of the job requires long hours of standing and walking my co workers are great
Pros
kind boss
Cons
standing and walking for long hours
Chaotic and Fun With New Situations Every Night
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2015
Typical day:

-Set up function
-Serve function
-Disassemble function
-Set up next function

I learned how to better refine my customer service skills.

Management often went through more difficulties than staff. During winter, specifically Christmas, Supervisors and Managers could often be seen for 14-15 hours at a time.

My co-workers were all kind individuals and hard working.

Carrying a tray of heavy glass on my right hand for hours on end would off-set my spine causing agonizing aches.

I was provided with training on the bar, something I found calming, fun and different. If a bartending position ever became available, I would apply immediately.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners after functions
Cons
Mostly a night job. A few nights would be spent from 5 PM until 4 AM
Very good.
Server / Conference Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
I enjoy meeting public. Helping offering advice help. When help was needed we recieved it. Customer service must be your top service. The most enjoyable part of th job ....talking and meeting customer's.
was good
Banquet server/porter (Current Employee) –  reginaOctober 21, 2015
i had just one problem and it was the pay, we got minimum wage for something that was more than that, the staffs were good to work with tho.
Good Company to work for
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 2, 2015
Great staff and management during Radisson Days. Several Incentive Programs, Healthy, happy atmosphere. Worked in Management taking care of guests and employees alike.
Pt Manager On Duty
Part-time Front Desk Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  KitchenerApril 17, 2015
This hotel was a great place to work while I was in school. The staff and atmosphere were very inviting. They recently renovated the surface aspects of the main lobby and hallways to improve guest experiences. Management was helpful and friendly to deal with in both cases of emergencies and problem situations.
Excellent Team work and Management
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2012
Everyday we had a task list to complete, and a various amount of other work. We all worked as a team and management worked with us as well (rare) and it is the best work enviroment I have ever worked in. We have 100% guest satisfaction program so we were always assuring our guests had a good stay and made sure if they did not to make it right. The hardest part of a day would be having a guest we just could not satisfy no matter what we tried. All departments worked as a team together which made the daily run of the hotel fairly easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the variety of guests and the guest interaction. To make someones day because of a simple offering is very satisfactory! If I could I would bring my job home with me.
Pros
lunch, teamwork, working with people you can rely on and fantastic work enviroment
Cons
n/a
Fun, yet stressful
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 4, 2014
Renovations of the hotel took a lot longer than expected. It was very hard to keep front desk management. Many employees didn't have the "Yes I can" attitude. Housekeeping ran behind a lot, due to laundry or whatever.

The fun part was meeting people all over the globe. Interacting with celebrities, weddings and much more. There were so many exciting parts about the job.
Pros
hotel discount with carlson.
Cons
parking, constant guest complaints
Productive and fun place to work
LEADHAND (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 23, 2012
great company to work for.
got along well with co-workers and management.
Pros
free lunches
very intensive work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2014
one day I went little late for work, everybody had packed their cart and ready to start clean while I have to find all the stuffs for my cart. there were no enough cleaning towers for exchange. during that day, I keep going down to the laundry room get some new towers and other supplies. it slowed down my work speed and made me so hard for the whole day.
I learned it is important to have the good relationship with co-worker in this case, because we can share the supplies with each other.
the hardest part of this job is when you get most of the room are very messy to clean.
the enjoyable part of the job is very personable working environment.
An extrodinary learning expirience
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 5, 2014
Learned how to deal with difficult people
Costumer service
Pros
free lunches
Productive and fun
Night Auditor & Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara fallsOctober 11, 2014
Very informative, meeting new people and experiencing other cultures.
productive and fun place to work
Buffet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Radisson Hotel South Edmonton AbDecember 8, 2013
Everyday is a busy day. Learned to talk to have great cooperation with the team. My management is outstanding and my co-workers are helpful to one another.
Pros
good lunch
Currently employes as the executive sous chef
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray ABNovember 13, 2013
Executive Sous Chef , preparation of bases et sauces, supervision of staff, Food costs, composition et elaboration of menus & table d’hote’s ,running the line and pass, butchery et confections of ‘‘petit four’’
Pros
excellent management skills
Cons
perfectionist
Fun workplace
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONSeptember 24, 2014
The shifts went by quickly, I enjoyed communicating with all the different people I saw every day.
I learned how to serve specific meals and how they were made, I learned how to keep busy during a long shift, I was taught how to give my all in making sure that everyone was satisfied with their experience at the Radisson. I learned many different things about the franchise during my Yes I Can training which helped with my every day skills on the job.
Fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABAugust 16, 2012
Overall not a bad place to work, Management have a very corporate and non personable way of running things. Co-workers are very fun people most of the time.
always busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 27, 2014
Was long days, met new and exciting people fast friendly place
Pros
free lunches
Productive workplace with awesome co-workers
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 26, 2013
During my volunteer hours at the Radisson hotel i learned how to prepare food properly and garnish foods. My co-workers were very nice and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was preparing foods all day so much my fingers were sore. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and garnishing foods.
Pros
free lunches, nice co-workers
Cons
not learning how to bake more food.