Richmond Hill boutique Family Law firm practice exclusively in family is seeking a Family Law Clerk to backfill a maternity leave for a minimum of 6 months up to 12 months with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Family Law.
Compensation is competitive.
The successful candidate must have Excellent reliability, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be personable and able to work as a team;
- Completion of a Law Clerk Program program with a recognized institution;
- 2 years or more previous experience in a similar role;
- Ability to work independently with clients to prepare their Financial Statements and to gather necessary back up documentation;
- Ability to draft/format documents including Financial Statements, NFP Statements and simple pleadings/Orders with a minimal amount of supervision;
- Ability to draft/format simple correspondence;
- Excellent English grammar, spelling and punctuation both in oral and written communications;
- Knowledge of the Family Law Rules and Family Court process and procedure including timelines for service and confirmations of court documents;
- Complete proficiency and familiarity with DivorceMate forms and MS Office (including Word 2010, Outlook and Excel);
- Experience with PC Law is an asset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to organize and complete all necessary documentation for court deadlines;
- Liaise with process server to serve and file court documents;
- Transcribe and type legal documents and correspondence with ease and excellent accuracy;
- Communicate with other lawyers, peers and clients to schedule appointments and make inquiries;
- Correspond and meet with clients when required to father and complete information and fact and document gathering process, particularly relating to Financial Statements and/or to review, revise and commission documents;
- Schedule appointments and maintains appointment calendar;
- Coordinate arrangements for meetings/conferences and Court appearances;
- Maintain files/records with a high level of organization and skill.
Please send your application by email, including your cover letter and résumé.
We appreciate all applications made for this posting, however, only those candidates with the required qualifications and skills will be contacted for an interview.