RAC

RAC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice Company
Front End Developer (Former Employee), Lahore, PPBJanuary 16, 2016
I learns new technology which use in the web and I enjoy the work with team here is the no hard work management was the very good.
A typical day involved speaking with members about servicing
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Perth, WANovember 19, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hours/extra study required
Hours of role don't match job role advertised
No direct assistance with trouble shooting
job requires mechanical knowledge of all car brands.
Resource Planner (Former Employee), Walsall, ENGOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed working here, had a great time in doing so. Staff are very supportive and the work is challenging but rewarding. The work environment is great.
Review
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Walsall, ENGSeptember 9, 2015
Shifts are long and drag on if your a full timer would recommend if part time though. co-workers are all friendly but if its busy you cant really speak (90% of the time it is)
Good company
Daily claims adjuster (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2015
Good company to work for especially if you are going through college. The hours are flexible and the pay is good. I met a lot of life long friends working here and also my husband.
Busy office
Customer Service on the phone (Current Employee), Stretford, ENGSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: overtime available with a great rate of pay and rac membership
Cons: evening shifts till 11.30pm
Start the day by login into the rac system , setting up the phone. Making sure im ready to take calls from the start of my shift. I learned alot about the areas locations and the vehicles most at risk of breaking down. My co-workers were all very nice and helpful people. The hardest part of the job would be telling customers of lengthy waits and that in some cases service could not be given due to incorrect memberships being held. The feeling you had helped make somebody's stressful time easier and reassuring them help is on the way
OK place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 17, 2015
Good place to work, but vendors expect sales reps to make sales for them once they blow it. Once a customer has already had a bad experience it is very hard to bring them back aboard. This is what happened most of the time, it would make any rep look bad once a customer would walk away but it starts with the first person they meet.
great idea
Owner (Current Employee), Covington, KYJune 1, 2015
i had an opportunity to go on my own i did so for three years after the company i contracted to stopped paying invoices an filed bankruptcy i had no way of paying my creditors so here i am.
nice place to work and learn more things
Graphic Designer and exhibition work (Current Employee), Delhi, DLMarch 6, 2015
it is nice to work in RAC DRDO
such a nice place to learn most things like how to work in a team and work in such presser. its a nice place for work for fresher
Stressful and Unsociable
Customer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Walsall, ENGFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: high income
Cons: working many weekends and late shifts
This job was fairly stressful as I had to interact with customers who were distressed and restless. It was a fast paced job which meant every shift was tiring and relentless. I enjoyed this at first, however the lack of support from the hierarchy made me and many other employees as a bit worthless. Every one who has recently been recruited including myself are on rolling contracts which offers no financial or job security. I am not a massive fan of shift work either, and being a 24 hour a day this was a bit of an issue as I would work both late nights and weekends quite frequently. I am however used to shift work and wasn't a main issue.
More negatives than positives
Self employed Agent (Former Employee), Bristol, ENGJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great fealing when you signed up a new member.
Cons: lots of travelling at your expense, no income without sales, told it was your business but then dictated to how you ran it.
A typical day, is standing outside a supermarket, shopping centre, or motorway services in all winds and weathers.
Not an easy job, and not for the faint hearted.
Hard to get anything from management, especially information, IT backup, and sorting of problems. They were only interested in how many members you achieved, absolutely nothing else!
Colleagues and most of the other agents were brilliant.
This is a numbers game, always under pressure to produce the figures. If there were no venues available you were expected to find your own with no help.
Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and hearing great stories of exceptional service from the patrols.
Exposure to public and difficult work due to external influences
Direct Sales RAC (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: working my own hours
Cons: self employed contract, with no base salary
A good job in all terms, albeit the actual sales that can be achieved remain low volume for all sales personnel; due to the fact that the service I am trying to provide is already extended to most of the public by bank and retail services, as vehicles are purchased.
Day would be spent at an appointed venue, with full interface with public.
The learning curve is one of self discipline and self management.
I am presently working on my own.
The hardest part of the job is overcoming the negativity of the public in respect of the statement above.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and selling to those that are genuinely interested.
very demanding work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
We have very long days 9am-9pm. Learned a lot about customer habits and behaviors.
Expansion of my local knowledge
Tourism Consultant (Current Employee), Perth, WANovember 25, 2014
Large companies such as this one is a tough company.
My role is a very busy role with not much support from management and no appreciation for what we do on a daily basis. the amount of work we do does not match the pay.
Great salary but better suited to single without family commitments
Rac patrolman (Current Employee), WalsallNovember 5, 2014
Pros: high earning potential
Cons: unsociable working hours
I'm an ex Rac patrolman so have already worked in this role , great earning potential but family life suffers . Near impossible to book days off. High pressure job with targets constantly changing . Was much better before aviva took over you were left to do the job you were paid to do but now it's more of a number management game.
Learning Motor indusrty
Car Mechanic - RAC (Former Employee), ManchesterOctober 17, 2014
Pros: company van
Cons: call out nights
As part of a 24 hour call out team, attended, assessed and when possible fixed road side breakdowns, trained to carry out MOT’s including the legalities.
Manager (Former Employee), Fairport, NYJuly 27, 2014
high strung environment
managed a large team of coworkers
enjoyed going to work daily because of the strong work environment
Descent work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYMay 19, 2014
I like the job but the hours interfere with family life. Great advancement opportunities. I was promoted in a short time. Great benefits and compensation.
produtive
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee), Funchal, P30March 19, 2014
enjoyed working in that company
I learned a lot
I got the experience as workshop manager
order products and guide the work
contact with customers
Outbound Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Stretford, ENGMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: temporary contracts
Monday-Friday 9-5, great place to work and the staff are all pleasant and helpful. I learned alot about the products they offer and enjoyed the company of the other co-workers.
Headquarters