RAC Employee Reviews

Recovery Driver (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands13 January 2017
Being a recovery driver for RAC is not easy but the job done satisfaction and a satisfied customer makes my day. A normal shift starts at 08:00 , I sign in into the computer and then I start recieving jobs. Sometimes customers can wait couple of hours until we show up but the average waiting time AFTER the patrol asked for recovery is 1h which is not bad for London. I had customers with puncture or clutch with waiting time after the call 20 mins and customers who had to wait 4 hours after the call. This is not up to us. We ring the customers straight after we recieve the job on the computer , give them an ETA and then drive to the breakdown for recovery. We interact with Ferrari owners to Micra owners , makes no difference to me as long as the customer is safe and happy not to be on the hard shoulder anymore.Colleagues are friendly and ready to help , support from the desk is brilliant , managers are always helpful.Plenty of overtime available only I want so , nobody pushes from behind to do overtime. We work on weekends and bank holidays but this is told at job interview. The yearly roster is perfect , helps me to plan in advance weekend brakes. Sometimes we get 4 or 5 days off in a row which is very good.Overall I am happy to be a part of this company which gives you job stability , respect , a decent salary and experience on customer service.
Pros
Good salary, paid holiday, sick pay
Cons
Sometimes long hours and long driving times
Like a family
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 January 2017
The people I work with are very friendly and helpful. We are really all like a family and if we need assistance there is always someone that can help.
RAC Call Centre
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 December 2016
High pressure call centre, inbound and outbound. Remuneration appropriate, however high stress levels -having to constantly put up with abuse from angry customers and trying to explain complex concepts to customers unwilling to listen.
Pros
Cons
See review
Fun work place with sports activities and arts and crafts.
After School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Corcoran, CA13 December 2016
The most enjoyable part about the RAC was working with all such great individuals,
The hardest part of the job was having to leave it.
My co workers were the best at their job and with getting along with each other.
A typical day at work I would say was fun, stress free, and full of smiles.
Ok place to work.
support executive. (Current Employee) –  Bristol11 September 2016
Working from the RAC has been enjoyable, I've learnt to confidently speak to members of the public about European travel as well as working for the billings and collection department, helping with the day to day running of the department, refunds, credit control and other things.

Working as part of a team is essential for the RAC
Unreliable work hours,
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Former Employee) –  New Jersey1 August 2016
Hours vary greatly. Some days I get there at 2pm and leave at 6pm, some days I get in at 10am and get out at 8pm.

Pay for work is horrible; $11/hr for being a delivery driver and the moving man. Sometimes they send you alone to do a 2 man job (i.e. large living room sets that include couches that seat 3 people) and then have the nerve to ask why there was damage.

Sometimes there are too many deliveries to take a lunch break but they still take 30 minutes off your paycheck as if you did infact take a lunch break.

Customers can range from very nice to very rude.

Job is only good to build experience and then upgrade to a better job.
If you plan on being on delivery wear a back-brace as they do not cover you for any injury you get from working.

Depending on the store and manager, they'll try to get you to ship used items to customers who ordered it new. 80% of the times they won't accept it and you'll need to go back and swap it back for a new one.
Pros
You get to drive around town, around the county. Job experience for your resume.
Cons
If you get hurt you're on your own, manager tries anyway to pin any damage on you
Enjoyable
Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester27 July 2016
Management were very friendly and the job was easy and enjoyable. It was the perfect weekend job to build up experience.
only temp contracts offered
Customer solutions specialist - recovery (Former Employee) –  Walsall7 July 2016
very difficult atmosphere to work in, and only temp contracts offered
always having to work bank holidays including christmas day and no time in lieu
Pros
free hot drinks
Cons
long hours weekend and bank holiday shifts
Productive workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD24 May 2016
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints. Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in
Very poor management and NO SOCIAL LIFE
Customer solution specialist (Former Employee) –  Walsall9 May 2016
I started working for the RAC mid 2015, I started working via a agency called interaction on a 3 month contract. I was then taken on by the RAC on a 6 Month Contract. Working there was a complete shambles, some of the managers have no clue in what they are paid to do. your co-workers will always back bite about you to others and the managers have there favorite few who get away with everything. You will always be pushed too hard. The System they use is way out of date and always twitches when pushed too hard. also they treat the temps as if they are nothing. I Would avoid
Pros
good pay
Cons
No Social Life
Productive, made deliveries, make collections calls
Sales/ Collection (Former Employee) –  New London, CT3 May 2016
A day at work was normal, make collection calls, deliver merchandise, and assist with any other function requested by the manager.
productive and good workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  bradley stoke15 April 2016
easy going job role, that helped me develop my communication skills. i was valued amog peers. the only thing that was majorly wrong working there is the fact that it was a communication centre, but there was a seriously lack of communication between agents and managers. could be improved
Pros
close to home
Cons
long days
Membership Consultant
Service Adviser/Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol9 March 2016
Receiving incoming calls from members advising when the next engineer will come out to them, also selling them the upgrade package at the same time.
Nice Company
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Lahore, PPB16 January 2016
I learns new technology which use in the web and I enjoy the work with team here is the no hard work management was the very good.
A typical day involved speaking with members about servicing
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA19 November 2015
Hours of role don't match job role advertised
No direct assistance with trouble shooting
job requires mechanical knowledge of all car brands.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours/extra study required
Resource Planner (Former Employee) –  Walsall, ENG16 October 2015
Enjoyed working here, had a great time in doing so. Staff are very supportive and the work is challenging but rewarding. The work environment is great.
Review
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walsall, ENG9 September 2015
Shifts are long and drag on if your a full timer would recommend if part time though. co-workers are all friendly but if its busy you cant really speak (90% of the time it is)
Good company
Daily claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL9 September 2015
Good company to work for especially if you are going through college. The hours are flexible and the pay is good. I met a lot of life long friends working here and also my husband.
Busy office
Customer Service on the phone (Current Employee) –  Stretford, ENG8 September 2015
Start the day by login into the rac system , setting up the phone. Making sure im ready to take calls from the start of my shift. I learned alot about the areas locations and the vehicles most at risk of breaking down. My co-workers were all very nice and helpful people. The hardest part of the job would be telling customers of lengthy waits and that in some cases service could not be given due to incorrect memberships being held. The feeling you had helped make somebody's stressful time easier and reassuring them help is on the way
Pros
overtime available with a great rate of pay and rac membership
Cons
evening shifts till 11.30pm
OK place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ17 June 2015
Good place to work, but vendors expect sales reps to make sales for them once they blow it. Once a customer has already had a bad experience it is very hard to bring them back aboard. This is what happened most of the time, it would make any rep look bad once a customer would walk away but it starts with the first person they meet.

58%