RAC Employee Reviews

Good money, you could get fired tomorrow for any pathetic reason.
Customer Retentions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol17 November 2017
You'll start off with the two weeks worth of training which is actually very fun, very engaging. You learn a lot about how to do the job and about the RAC itself. Great! You get some support but at the same time, management weren't really helpful and when you have customers completely irate wanting to talk to managers and managers not even caring or wanting to de-escalate a situation which you could not be able to without their help. It's not so great then. Money if you made it permanent would be amazing and you'd probably lead a very happy life. But you can think you're doing well but the next day they'll fire you for literally anything and it did happen very many times in the 2 months I was there. Everyday felt like you were playing with fire and you could be doing nothing to antagonise anyone. If you apply there, be careful.
Pros
Lovely office, good food, good money.
Cons
Constant insecurity, no real help, could lose your job tomorrow for no reason.
Good company ruined
Patrolman (Current Employee) –  UK13 October 2017
This used to he a good company until the money men got involved and being a roadside technician was at one time one of the best jobs in the company but now we are treated with a degree of contempt. There used to be an uncapped amount of overtime given out but that has all but stopped with the introduction of micro management and now we are asked to work on unpaid standby.

Would I recommend this job to anyone else? I couldn't, not while patrols and new recruits are leaving in numbers.

I still have a passion for the brand but not the company.
Pros
Cons
Poor leaders, Very poor basic for Patrols, Lack of overtime, Letting customers down with waiting times, Very little training
Overall experience is not good
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 October 2017
• Facilitated one-to-one interviews, meetings and workshops with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements
• Conducted feasibility study to determine that the requirements collected are viable technically, operationally and economically.
• Raised business proposition document based on the initial requirements and raised change request to go through the PMO process.
Worst job ever
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands22 September 2017
The only job I've ever done where I'm constantly click watching. Poor training no managers when I'm on shift. Rubbish benefits. Parking atrocious. Avoid if possible
Fun & easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 September 2017
I enjoyed working at the RAC as it was an easy and fun job to do at the time. I learnt a lot of customer service skills here and how to deal with all different types of people and their needs.
Pros
parking, team events
Cons
Great workplace questionable lower management
Roadside Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 September 2017
The RAC have a very good business plan and definitely know what they are doing but it's a shame the attitude of the upper management isn't shown in their lower ranks. The day to day ruining that is looked after by the line management is poor. Too much emphasis on figures and not enough time spent allowing to concentrate on helping the roadside customers.
Poor management/the pay sucks
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FL25 August 2017
Poor management
A lot of drama
Dont treat employees fairly
Over work employees
The pay sucks
No raise
There is a lot of bad things to say about that company
Difficult to plan ahead or regular activities as no set shift patterns
Customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Bescot16 August 2017
No stable shift patterns
No consistency with management
No team meetings
Not on shift with team manager
No Team involvement
Nice building
Facilities poor
Pros
Cons
No pattern to shifts
Good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradley Stoke, Gloucestershire1 July 2017
Easy job, easy hours, learned lots of IT skills and customer service skills, management were not too bad, culture of workplace was fun - however certain time periods can be demanding due to nature of job.
Poor direction from above and poor succession planning
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bescot20 June 2017
Almost like a ship without a rudder, a lack of clear direction from above leaves staff floundering. Poor culture and attitude towards advancement and development, poor morale.
cool and really enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keystone, SD5 June 2017
I really enjoyed talking to people from not around town. My lest favorite part was sitting and waiting for a long time for someone to come into the museum.
Pros
All the fun people you got to see come in
Cons
standing the whole time
Brilliant workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Midlands8 May 2017
I enjoy my time here the most enjoyable part of the job is the people who work here as you couldn't wish to work in a friendlier place. I also enjoy being able to be a point of rescue for those who are distressed. The hardest part of the job might have been difficult customers as you will sometimes get customers in distress who can be difficult to reason with and some you may have language barriers with.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Stressful situations
productive workplace
customer advisor (Current Employee) –  walsall3 April 2017
I have learnt a great deal since working at RAC - management is good and the hours are flexible
the food serviced in the restaurant is tasty and inexpensive
Pros
free breakdown cover
Cons
mentally challenging
Good company to work for
Customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradley stoke Bristol24 March 2017
A very good employer . I have been with rac for nearly 9 years . I am currently part time , but looking for more hours . Unfortunately rac are not in a position to offer me anymore hours.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Not enough hours
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 March 2017
I was involved in seeking as many New Mmembers for Membership of The RAC, across Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Herefordshire, but mainly spending most of my time based at very busy Motorway Services where I was exceptionally successful earning £ 60,000/ Year.
I thoroughly enjoyed the role, and it was particularly stimulating due to the fact that so many Incentives were always on offer to achieve, which made the role most exciting overall.
Pros
Incentive Programme
Cons
The weather could affect business whilst outside.
Can be stressful
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maidstone1 March 2017
Can be stressful with upset clients, friendly colleagues over time if wanted, free uniform, yearly rota, some benefits included with working for the RAC
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Angry customers
Breakdown Advisor/Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall23 February 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at RAC and RAC commercial working my way through the processes and department but I now would like to earn more And have a fixed shift rotation as I can begin a routine for my after work life around working.
Pros
Colleuges, Job satisfaction, Helping the Public
Cons
Shift Pattern
good place to work when i was there
Rac sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine20 February 2017
the training was excellent, my manager was brilliant the pay was quite good. Then things changed now you pay them to work for them with terrible venues everyone i know that worked for them has left, including all the management.
Pros
self rewarding job
Cons
it is nearly impossible to reach the sales figures as people get it free with insurance policies
quite a good company to work for
Performance Coach (Former Employee) –  Bristol19 February 2017
if you are very sales driven then you could earn a lot of money and enjoy the job,

Are very good at being flexible with the hours you work
Productive fun place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 February 2017
Plenty of incentives to keep staff motivated, everyone was very welcoming. Good bonuses and plenty of help and support from team managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAC. Our community is ready to answer.