RAC Employee Reviews

Nice Company
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Lahore, PPBJanuary 16, 2016
I learns new technology which use in the web and I enjoy the work with team here is the no hard work management was the very good.
productive and good workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  bradley stokeApril 15, 2016
easy going job role, that helped me develop my communication skills. i was valued amog peers. the only thing that was majorly wrong working there is the fact that it was a communication centre, but there was a seriously lack of communication between agents and managers. could be improved
Pros
close to home
Cons
long days
Exposure to public and difficult work due to external influences
Direct Sales RAC (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
A good job in all terms, albeit the actual sales that can be achieved remain low volume for all sales personnel; due to the fact that the service I am trying to provide is already extended to most of the public by bank and retail services, as vehicles are purchased.
Day would be spent at an appointed venue, with full interface with public.
The learning curve is one of self discipline and self management.
I am presently working on my own.
The hardest part of the job is overcoming the negativity of the public in respect of the statement above.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and selling to those that are genuinely interested.
Pros
working my own hours
Cons
self employed contract, with no base salary
Busy office
Customer Service on the phone (Current Employee) –  Stretford, ENGSeptember 8, 2015
Start the day by login into the rac system , setting up the phone. Making sure im ready to take calls from the start of my shift. I learned alot about the areas locations and the vehicles most at risk of breaking down. My co-workers were all very nice and helpful people. The hardest part of the job would be telling customers of lengthy waits and that in some cases service could not be given due to incorrect memberships being held. The feeling you had helped make somebody's stressful time easier and reassuring them help is on the way
Pros
overtime available with a great rate of pay and rac membership
Cons
evening shifts till 11.30pm
Membership Consultant
Service Adviser/Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  BristolMarch 9, 2016
Receiving incoming calls from members advising when the next engineer will come out to them, also selling them the upgrade package at the same time.
Productive, made deliveries, make collections calls
Sales/ Collection (Former Employee) –  New London, CTMay 3, 2016
A day at work was normal, make collection calls, deliver merchandise, and assist with any other function requested by the manager.
A typical day involved speaking with members about servicing
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, WANovember 19, 2015
Hours of role don't match job role advertised
No direct assistance with trouble shooting
job requires mechanical knowledge of all car brands.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours/extra study required
Corporate Good/Field Not Worth It
Ops. Support Audit Supervisor/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2012
I've worked at the Corporate office in Dallas, TX as well as the field and there are VAST differences. One can expect a typical work day in a normal and stable retail company. Good hours, good benefits and salary, great location, holiday pay and 2 week vacation time after a couple years. The field is a completely different 'monster'. It's a lot like 'every man for himself'. Team effort is scarce and if you are in a management position you will have to work at least 50 hours a week including weekends.
Pros
corporate office = great experience, great management training, good location, fundraisers annually
Cons
no 'casual fridays' (corp office), poor balance for work/home, very poor conditions for field employees, management in field is unprofessional
Resource Planner (Former Employee) –  Walsall, ENGOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed working here, had a great time in doing so. Staff are very supportive and the work is challenging but rewarding. The work environment is great.
Stressful and Unsociable
Customer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Walsall, ENGFebruary 18, 2015
This job was fairly stressful as I had to interact with customers who were distressed and restless. It was a fast paced job which meant every shift was tiring and relentless. I enjoyed this at first, however the lack of support from the hierarchy made me and many other employees as a bit worthless. Every one who has recently been recruited including myself are on rolling contracts which offers no financial or job security. I am not a massive fan of shift work either, and being a 24 hour a day this was a bit of an issue as I would work both late nights and weekends quite frequently. I am however used to shift work and wasn't a main issue.
Pros
high income
Cons
working many weekends and late shifts
More negatives than positives
Self employed Agent (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENGJanuary 30, 2015
A typical day, is standing outside a supermarket, shopping centre, or motorway services in all winds and weathers.
Not an easy job, and not for the faint hearted.
Hard to get anything from management, especially information, IT backup, and sorting of problems. They were only interested in how many members you achieved, absolutely nothing else!
Colleagues and most of the other agents were brilliant.
This is a numbers game, always under pressure to produce the figures. If there were no venues available you were expected to find your own with no help.
Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and hearing great stories of exceptional service from the patrols.
Pros
great fealing when you signed up a new member.
Cons
lots of travelling at your expense, no income without sales, told it was your business but then dictated to how you ran it.
Good company
Daily claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2015
Good company to work for especially if you are going through college. The hours are flexible and the pay is good. I met a lot of life long friends working here and also my husband.
Review
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walsall, ENGSeptember 9, 2015
Shifts are long and drag on if your a full timer would recommend if part time though. co-workers are all friendly but if its busy you cant really speak (90% of the time it is)
Enjoyed the people I worked with but the company was grossly mismanaged.
Ground Security Coordinator (GSC) (Former Employee) –  Walt Disney World, Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2013
This company does not offer any benefits/healthcare, pay raises and there is little room for advancement. There is a very large disconnect between the field and corporate office, with very little to no understanding of the nature of how the RAC stations and crews actually work on the part of corporate. Worker records, paperwork often went missing and there was problems with payroll and frequent miscommunication on security related issues.

That being said I enjoyed meeting/greeting the WDW Guests from all over the world and the work itself was very interesting and exciting. I loved helping people, providing information and as well as solutions to whatever problem might have arisen. My coworkers were wonderful people who I could count on and I very rarely had problems with them.

I would only recommend this company as a part-time or second job.
Pros
as a participating operator, i was a wdw cast member and receive limited perks through wdw
Cons
no healthcare, no raises, no benefits of any kind, no room for advancement
OK place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 17, 2015
Good place to work, but vendors expect sales reps to make sales for them once they blow it. Once a customer has already had a bad experience it is very hard to bring them back aboard. This is what happened most of the time, it would make any rep look bad once a customer would walk away but it starts with the first person they meet.
Great salary but better suited to single without family commitments
Rac patrolman (Current Employee) –  WalsallNovember 5, 2014
I'm an ex Rac patrolman so have already worked in this role , great earning potential but family life suffers . Near impossible to book days off. High pressure job with targets constantly changing . Was much better before aviva took over you were left to do the job you were paid to do but now it's more of a number management game.
Pros
high earning potential
Cons
unsociable working hours
Descent work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 19, 2014
I like the job but the hours interfere with family life. Great advancement opportunities. I was promoted in a short time. Great benefits and compensation.
great idea
Owner (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYJune 1, 2015
i had an opportunity to go on my own i did so for three years after the company i contracted to stopped paying invoices an filed bankruptcy i had no way of paying my creditors so here i am.
Job Security
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJune 20, 2012
I worked here for 10 years, loved it at first ,then we were bought by Aviva and things changed they weren't interested in us just making money, typical day very busy on breakdown calls some abuse!, management did their best,but not always good enough, co-workers were fanatastic best part of the job, hardest part taking abuse off customers and not having the right tools for the right job sometimes, enjoyable part was training and seeing people develop
Pros
free breakdown cover
Cons
shifts
Expansion of my local knowledge
Tourism Consultant (Current Employee) –  Perth, WANovember 25, 2014
Large companies such as this one is a tough company.
My role is a very busy role with not much support from management and no appreciation for what we do on a daily basis. the amount of work we do does not match the pay.