RAC Employee Reviews

Difficult to plan ahead or regular activities as no set shift patterns
Customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Bescot16 August 2017
No stable shift patterns
No consistency with management
No team meetings
Not on shift with team manager
No Team involvement
Nice building
Facilities poor
Pros
Cons
No pattern to shifts
Good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradley Stoke, Gloucestershire1 July 2017
Easy job, easy hours, learned lots of IT skills and customer service skills, management were not too bad, culture of workplace was fun - however certain time periods can be demanding due to nature of job.
Poor direction from above and poor succession planning
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bescot20 June 2017
Almost like a ship without a rudder, a lack of clear direction from above leaves staff floundering. Poor culture and attitude towards advancement and development, poor morale.
cool and really enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keystone, SD5 June 2017
I really enjoyed talking to people from not around town. My lest favorite part was sitting and waiting for a long time for someone to come into the museum.
Pros
All the fun people you got to see come in
Cons
standing the whole time
Brilliant workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Midlands8 May 2017
I enjoy my time here the most enjoyable part of the job is the people who work here as you couldn't wish to work in a friendlier place. I also enjoy being able to be a point of rescue for those who are distressed. The hardest part of the job might have been difficult customers as you will sometimes get customers in distress who can be difficult to reason with and some you may have language barriers with.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Stressful situations
productive workplace
customer advisor (Current Employee) –  walsall3 April 2017
I have learnt a great deal since working at RAC - management is good and the hours are flexible
the food serviced in the restaurant is tasty and inexpensive
Pros
free breakdown cover
Cons
mentally challenging
Good company to work for
Customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradley stoke Bristol24 March 2017
A very good employer . I have been with rac for nearly 9 years . I am currently part time , but looking for more hours . Unfortunately rac are not in a position to offer me anymore hours.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Not enough hours
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 March 2017
I was involved in seeking as many New Mmembers for Membership of The RAC, across Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Herefordshire, but mainly spending most of my time based at very busy Motorway Services where I was exceptionally successful earning £ 60,000/ Year.
I thoroughly enjoyed the role, and it was particularly stimulating due to the fact that so many Incentives were always on offer to achieve, which made the role most exciting overall.
Pros
Incentive Programme
Cons
The weather could affect business whilst outside.
Can be stressful
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maidstone1 March 2017
Can be stressful with upset clients, friendly colleagues over time if wanted, free uniform, yearly rota, some benefits included with working for the RAC
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Angry customers
Breakdown Advisor/Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall23 February 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at RAC and RAC commercial working my way through the processes and department but I now would like to earn more And have a fixed shift rotation as I can begin a routine for my after work life around working.
Pros
Colleuges, Job satisfaction, Helping the Public
Cons
Shift Pattern
good place to work when i was there
Rac sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine20 February 2017
the training was excellent, my manager was brilliant the pay was quite good. Then things changed now you pay them to work for them with terrible venues everyone i know that worked for them has left, including all the management.
Pros
self rewarding job
Cons
it is nearly impossible to reach the sales figures as people get it free with insurance policies
quite a good company to work for
Performance Coach (Former Employee) –  Bristol19 February 2017
if you are very sales driven then you could earn a lot of money and enjoy the job,

Are very good at being flexible with the hours you work
Productive fun place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 February 2017
Plenty of incentives to keep staff motivated, everyone was very welcoming. Good bonuses and plenty of help and support from team managers.
Recovery Driver (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands13 January 2017
Being a recovery driver for RAC is not easy but the job done satisfaction and a satisfied customer makes my day. A normal shift starts at 08:00 , I sign in into the computer and then I start recieving jobs. Sometimes customers can wait couple of hours until we show up but the average waiting time AFTER the patrol asked for recovery is 1h which is not bad for London. I had customers with puncture or clutch with waiting time after the call 20 mins and customers who had to wait 4 hours after the call. This is not up to us. We ring the customers straight after we recieve the job on the computer , give them an ETA and then drive to the breakdown for recovery. We interact with Ferrari owners to Micra owners , makes no difference to me as long as the customer is safe and happy not to be on the hard shoulder anymore.Colleagues are friendly and ready to help , support from the desk is brilliant , managers are always helpful.Plenty of overtime available only I want so , nobody pushes from behind to do overtime. We work on weekends and bank holidays but this is told at job interview. The yearly roster is perfect , helps me to plan in advance weekend brakes. Sometimes we get 4 or 5 days off in a row which is very good.Overall I am happy to be a part of this company which gives you job stability , respect , a decent salary and experience on customer service.
Pros
Good salary, paid holiday, sick pay
Cons
Sometimes long hours and long driving times
Like a family
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 January 2017
The people I work with are very friendly and helpful. We are really all like a family and if we need assistance there is always someone that can help.
RAC Call Centre
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 December 2016
High pressure call centre, inbound and outbound. Remuneration appropriate, however high stress levels -having to constantly put up with abuse from angry customers and trying to explain complex concepts to customers unwilling to listen.
Pros
Cons
See review
Fun work place with sports activities and arts and crafts.
After School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Corcoran, CA13 December 2016
The most enjoyable part about the RAC was working with all such great individuals,
The hardest part of the job was having to leave it.
My co workers were the best at their job and with getting along with each other.
A typical day at work I would say was fun, stress free, and full of smiles.
Very customer focused company
Service patrol (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, Midlothian13 December 2016
A company that supports its staff and provides up to date training and rates customer service very highly.Multiple area of support are available to members of staff to enhance and further their career
buen clima de trabajo y grupo humano
albañil (Former Employee) –  pañolero26 October 2016
me senti comodo ya que se respetaba la paga y el ambiente de trabajo es agradable.
Ok place to work.
support executive. (Current Employee) –  Bristol11 September 2016
Working from the RAC has been enjoyable, I've learnt to confidently speak to members of the public about European travel as well as working for the billings and collection department, helping with the day to day running of the department, refunds, credit control and other things.

Working as part of a team is essential for the RAC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAC. Our community is ready to answer.