RAC Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2016
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints. Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in
Very poor management and NO SOCIAL LIFE
Customer solution specialist (Former Employee) –  WalsallMay 9, 2016
I started working for the RAC mid 2015, I started working via a agency called interaction on a 3 month contract. I was then taken on by the RAC on a 6 Month Contract. Working there was a complete shambles, some of the managers have no clue in what they are paid to do. your co-workers will always back bite about you to others and the managers have there favorite few who get away with everything. You will always be pushed too hard. The System they use is way out of date and always twitches when pushed too hard. also they treat the temps as if they are nothing. I Would avoid
Pros
good pay
Cons
No Social Life
Productive, made deliveries, make collections calls
Sales/ Collection (Former Employee) –  New London, CTMay 3, 2016
A day at work was normal, make collection calls, deliver merchandise, and assist with any other function requested by the manager.
productive and good workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  bradley stokeApril 15, 2016
easy going job role, that helped me develop my communication skills. i was valued amog peers. the only thing that was majorly wrong working there is the fact that it was a communication centre, but there was a seriously lack of communication between agents and managers. could be improved
Pros
close to home
Cons
long days
Membership Consultant
Service Adviser/Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  BristolMarch 9, 2016
Receiving incoming calls from members advising when the next engineer will come out to them, also selling them the upgrade package at the same time.
Nice Company
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Lahore, PPBJanuary 16, 2016
I learns new technology which use in the web and I enjoy the work with team here is the no hard work management was the very good.
A typical day involved speaking with members about servicing
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, WANovember 19, 2015
Hours of role don't match job role advertised
No direct assistance with trouble shooting
job requires mechanical knowledge of all car brands.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours/extra study required
Resource Planner (Former Employee) –  Walsall, ENGOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed working here, had a great time in doing so. Staff are very supportive and the work is challenging but rewarding. The work environment is great.
Review
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walsall, ENGSeptember 9, 2015
Shifts are long and drag on if your a full timer would recommend if part time though. co-workers are all friendly but if its busy you cant really speak (90% of the time it is)
Good company
Daily claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2015
Good company to work for especially if you are going through college. The hours are flexible and the pay is good. I met a lot of life long friends working here and also my husband.
Busy office
Customer Service on the phone (Current Employee) –  Stretford, ENGSeptember 8, 2015
Start the day by login into the rac system , setting up the phone. Making sure im ready to take calls from the start of my shift. I learned alot about the areas locations and the vehicles most at risk of breaking down. My co-workers were all very nice and helpful people. The hardest part of the job would be telling customers of lengthy waits and that in some cases service could not be given due to incorrect memberships being held. The feeling you had helped make somebody's stressful time easier and reassuring them help is on the way
Pros
overtime available with a great rate of pay and rac membership
Cons
evening shifts till 11.30pm
OK place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 17, 2015
Good place to work, but vendors expect sales reps to make sales for them once they blow it. Once a customer has already had a bad experience it is very hard to bring them back aboard. This is what happened most of the time, it would make any rep look bad once a customer would walk away but it starts with the first person they meet.
great idea
Owner (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYJune 1, 2015
i had an opportunity to go on my own i did so for three years after the company i contracted to stopped paying invoices an filed bankruptcy i had no way of paying my creditors so here i am.
nice place to work and learn more things
Graphic Designer and exhibition work (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DLMarch 6, 2015
it is nice to work in RAC DRDO
such a nice place to learn most things like how to work in a team and work in such presser. its a nice place for work for fresher
Stressful and Unsociable
Customer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Walsall, ENGFebruary 18, 2015
This job was fairly stressful as I had to interact with customers who were distressed and restless. It was a fast paced job which meant every shift was tiring and relentless. I enjoyed this at first, however the lack of support from the hierarchy made me and many other employees as a bit worthless. Every one who has recently been recruited including myself are on rolling contracts which offers no financial or job security. I am not a massive fan of shift work either, and being a 24 hour a day this was a bit of an issue as I would work both late nights and weekends quite frequently. I am however used to shift work and wasn't a main issue.
Pros
high income
Cons
working many weekends and late shifts
More negatives than positives
Self employed Agent (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENGJanuary 30, 2015
A typical day, is standing outside a supermarket, shopping centre, or motorway services in all winds and weathers.
Not an easy job, and not for the faint hearted.
Hard to get anything from management, especially information, IT backup, and sorting of problems. They were only interested in how many members you achieved, absolutely nothing else!
Colleagues and most of the other agents were brilliant.
This is a numbers game, always under pressure to produce the figures. If there were no venues available you were expected to find your own with no help.
Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and hearing great stories of exceptional service from the patrols.
Pros
great fealing when you signed up a new member.
Cons
lots of travelling at your expense, no income without sales, told it was your business but then dictated to how you ran it.
Exposure to public and difficult work due to external influences
Direct Sales RAC (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
A good job in all terms, albeit the actual sales that can be achieved remain low volume for all sales personnel; due to the fact that the service I am trying to provide is already extended to most of the public by bank and retail services, as vehicles are purchased.
Day would be spent at an appointed venue, with full interface with public.
The learning curve is one of self discipline and self management.
I am presently working on my own.
The hardest part of the job is overcoming the negativity of the public in respect of the statement above.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and selling to those that are genuinely interested.
Pros
working my own hours
Cons
self employed contract, with no base salary
very demanding work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
We have very long days 9am-9pm. Learned a lot about customer habits and behaviors.
Expansion of my local knowledge
Tourism Consultant (Current Employee) –  Perth, WANovember 25, 2014
Large companies such as this one is a tough company.
My role is a very busy role with not much support from management and no appreciation for what we do on a daily basis. the amount of work we do does not match the pay.
Great salary but better suited to single without family commitments
Rac patrolman (Current Employee) –  WalsallNovember 5, 2014
I'm an ex Rac patrolman so have already worked in this role , great earning potential but family life suffers . Near impossible to book days off. High pressure job with targets constantly changing . Was much better before aviva took over you were left to do the job you were paid to do but now it's more of a number management game.
Pros
high earning potential
Cons
unsociable working hours