RAC

RAC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very demanding work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
We have very long days 9am-9pm. Learned a lot about customer habits and behaviors.
Expansion of my local knowledge
Tourism Consultant (Current Employee), Perth, WANovember 25, 2014
Large companies such as this one is a tough company.
My role is a very busy role with not much support from management and no appreciation for what we do on a daily basis. the amount of work we do does not match the pay.
Great salary but better suited to single without family commitments
Rac patrolman (Current Employee), WalsallNovember 5, 2014
Pros: high earning potential
Cons: unsociable working hours
I'm an ex Rac patrolman so have already worked in this role , great earning potential but family life suffers . Near impossible to book days off. High pressure job with targets constantly changing . Was much better before aviva took over you were left to do the job you were paid to do but now it's more of a number management game.
Learning Motor indusrty
Car Mechanic - RAC (Former Employee), ManchesterOctober 17, 2014
Pros: company van
Cons: call out nights
As part of a 24 hour call out team, attended, assessed and when possible fixed road side breakdowns, trained to carry out MOT’s including the legalities.
Manager (Former Employee), Fairport, NYJuly 27, 2014
high strung environment
managed a large team of coworkers
enjoyed going to work daily because of the strong work environment
Descent work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYMay 19, 2014
I like the job but the hours interfere with family life. Great advancement opportunities. I was promoted in a short time. Great benefits and compensation.
produtive
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee), Funchal, P30March 19, 2014
enjoyed working in that company
I learned a lot
I got the experience as workshop manager
order products and guide the work
contact with customers
Outbound Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Stretford, ENGMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: temporary contracts
Monday-Friday 9-5, great place to work and the staff are all pleasant and helpful. I learned alot about the products they offer and enjoyed the company of the other co-workers.
productive
Account Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2014
i enjoy communicating with customers!
I learned a lot about Managing accounts.
intense
Call Centre Operator (Current Employee), Walsall, ENGFebruary 10, 2014
Cons: management communicatio with staff
intense workplace but overall good
changes are made all the time so learning is ongoing
Enjoyed the people I worked with but the company was grossly mismanaged.
Ground Security Coordinator (GSC) (Former Employee), Walt Disney World, Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2013
Pros: as a participating operator, i was a wdw cast member and receive limited perks through wdw
Cons: no healthcare, no raises, no benefits of any kind, no room for advancement
This company does not offer any benefits/healthcare, pay raises and there is little room for advancement. There is a very large disconnect between the field and corporate office, with very little to no understanding of the nature of how the RAC stations and crews actually work on the part of corporate. Worker records, paperwork often went missing and – more... there was problems with payroll and frequent miscommunication on security related issues.

That being said I enjoyed meeting/greeting the WDW Guests from all over the world and the work itself was very interesting and exciting. I loved helping people, providing information and as well as solutions to whatever problem might have arisen. My coworkers were wonderful people who I could count on and I very rarely had problems with them.

I would only recommend this company as a part-time or second job. – less
Computer Traning
Computer Repair Assistant (Former Employee), KARACHINovember 27, 2013
Pros: great work
Cons: no pay
Learnt about computer installation and troubleshooting, Trained to dissemble and assemble computers.
A Good Family Atmosphere
Customer Solution Centre (Current Employee), ManchesterSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: staff are friendly
Cons: long hours and shift
RAC is a reputable company that has been established for many years. It is a very good organisation to work for, with an excellent working colleague atmosphere.
Interesting and varied
Administrator (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJuly 8, 2013
General administration work covering the Billings and collection side of the RAC.
Great Workplace
Contractual Admin (Former Employee), West PerthMay 2, 2013
I was only there a short amount of time but they offer the best opportunities of any other WA oriented company (in my opinion) and have an unmatched focus on both their members and their employees.
hard company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: clicks in management
good job, was bought out twice by rac, and wasnt good expierence, the years in Texas loved rac.
Great place to work. The office manager and small staff were a joy to work with
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Cahokia, ILDecember 13, 2012
Pros: co workers
Cons: loss of repairs due to competition
I started my day with entering of the repair tickets. I learned how to repair computers with the on board tools. I loved the manager that was their when I first started Don was a really great guy to work for. I looked forward to going to work because we had so much fun working together. The hardest part was learning the parts department, Learning the – more... parts department. – less
Corporate Good/Field Not Worth It
Ops. Support Audit Supervisor/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: corporate office = great experience, great management training, good location, fundraisers annually
Cons: no 'casual fridays' (corp office), poor balance for work/home, very poor conditions for field employees, management in field is unprofessional
I've worked at the Corporate office in Dallas, TX as well as the field and there are VAST differences. One can expect a typical work day in a normal and stable retail company. Good hours, good benefits and salary, great location, holiday pay and 2 week vacation time after a couple years. The field is a completely different 'monster'. It's a lot like – more... 'every man for himself'. Team effort is scarce and if you are in a management position you will have to work at least 50 hours a week including weekends. – less
very fun, fast paced
Tax Processor (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 31, 2012
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: no room for growth
audit tax returns in order to ensure accuracy before submission to IRS
Tax processing
Managers are very helpful
blah ok place to work
Custome Account Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 26, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
its an ok job, too many hrs a week, good pay though, just wish i had more free time

About RAC

RAC Trafficmaster Telematics is a joint venture between Trafficmaster PLC and RAC. The RDS TMC service offered by RTT is unique – Read more