RAC

RAC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 17, 2015
Good place to work, but vendors expect sales reps to make sales for them once they blow it. Once a customer has already had a bad experience it is very hard to bring them back aboard. This is what happened most of the time, it would make any rep look bad once a customer would walk away but it starts with the first person they meet.
great idea
Owner (Current Employee), Covington, KYJune 1, 2015
i had an opportunity to go on my own i did so for three years after the company i contracted to stopped paying invoices an filed bankruptcy i had no way of paying my creditors so here i am.
nice place to work and learn more things
Graphic Designer and exhibition work (Current Employee), Delhi, DLMarch 6, 2015
it is nice to work in RAC DRDO
such a nice place to learn most things like how to work in a team and work in such presser. its a nice place for work for fresher
Stressful and Unsociable
Customer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Walsall, ENGFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: high income
Cons: working many weekends and late shifts
This job was fairly stressful as I had to interact with customers who were distressed and restless. It was a fast paced job which meant every shift was tiring and relentless. I enjoyed this at first, however the lack of support from the hierarchy made me and many other employees as a bit worthless. Every one who has recently been recruited including myself are on rolling contracts which offers no financial or job security. I am not a massive fan of shift work either, and being a 24 hour a day this was a bit of an issue as I would work both late nights and weekends quite frequently. I am however used to shift work and wasn't a main issue.
More negatives than positives
Self employed Agent (Former Employee), Bristol, ENGJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great fealing when you signed up a new member.
Cons: lots of travelling at your expense, no income without sales, told it was your business but then dictated to how you ran it.
A typical day, is standing outside a supermarket, shopping centre, or motorway services in all winds and weathers.
Not an easy job, and not for the faint hearted.
Hard to get anything from management, especially information, IT backup, and sorting of problems. They were only interested in how many members you achieved, absolutely nothing else!
Colleagues and most of the other agents were brilliant.
This is a numbers game, always under pressure to produce the figures. If there were no venues available you were expected to find your own with no help.
Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and hearing great stories of exceptional service from the patrols.
Exposure to public and difficult work due to external influences
Direct Sales RAC (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: working my own hours
Cons: self employed contract, with no base salary
A good job in all terms, albeit the actual sales that can be achieved remain low volume for all sales personnel; due to the fact that the service I am trying to provide is already extended to most of the public by bank and retail services, as vehicles are purchased.
Day would be spent at an appointed venue, with full interface with public.
The learning curve is one of self discipline and self management.
I am presently working on my own.
The hardest part of the job is overcoming the negativity of the public in respect of the statement above.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and selling to those that are genuinely interested.
very demanding work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
We have very long days 9am-9pm. Learned a lot about customer habits and behaviors.
Expansion of my local knowledge
Tourism Consultant (Current Employee), Perth, WANovember 25, 2014
Large companies such as this one is a tough company.
My role is a very busy role with not much support from management and no appreciation for what we do on a daily basis. the amount of work we do does not match the pay.
Great salary but better suited to single without family commitments
Rac patrolman (Current Employee), WalsallNovember 5, 2014
Pros: high earning potential
Cons: unsociable working hours
I'm an ex Rac patrolman so have already worked in this role , great earning potential but family life suffers . Near impossible to book days off. High pressure job with targets constantly changing . Was much better before aviva took over you were left to do the job you were paid to do but now it's more of a number management game.
Learning Motor indusrty
Car Mechanic - RAC (Former Employee), ManchesterOctober 17, 2014
Pros: company van
Cons: call out nights
As part of a 24 hour call out team, attended, assessed and when possible fixed road side breakdowns, trained to carry out MOT’s including the legalities.
Manager (Former Employee), Fairport, NYJuly 27, 2014
high strung environment
managed a large team of coworkers
enjoyed going to work daily because of the strong work environment
Descent work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYMay 19, 2014
I like the job but the hours interfere with family life. Great advancement opportunities. I was promoted in a short time. Great benefits and compensation.
produtive
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee), Funchal, P30March 19, 2014
enjoyed working in that company
I learned a lot
I got the experience as workshop manager
order products and guide the work
contact with customers
Outbound Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Stretford, ENGMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: temporary contracts
Monday-Friday 9-5, great place to work and the staff are all pleasant and helpful. I learned alot about the products they offer and enjoyed the company of the other co-workers.
productive
Account Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2014
i enjoy communicating with customers!
I learned a lot about Managing accounts.
intense
Call Centre Operator (Current Employee), Walsall, ENGFebruary 10, 2014
Cons: management communicatio with staff
intense workplace but overall good
changes are made all the time so learning is ongoing
Enjoyed the people I worked with but the company was grossly mismanaged.
Ground Security Coordinator (GSC) (Former Employee), Walt Disney World, Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2013
Pros: as a participating operator, i was a wdw cast member and receive limited perks through wdw
Cons: no healthcare, no raises, no benefits of any kind, no room for advancement
This company does not offer any benefits/healthcare, pay raises and there is little room for advancement. There is a very large disconnect between the field and corporate office, with very little to no understanding of the nature of how the RAC stations and crews actually work on the part of corporate. Worker records, paperwork often went missing and there was problems with payroll and frequent miscommunication on security related issues.

That being said I enjoyed meeting/greeting the WDW Guests from all over the world and the work itself was very interesting and exciting. I loved helping people, providing information and as well as solutions to whatever problem might have arisen. My coworkers were wonderful people who I could count on and I very rarely had problems with them.

I would only recommend this company as a part-time or second job.
Computer Traning
Computer Repair Assistant (Former Employee), KARACHINovember 27, 2013
Pros: great work
Cons: no pay
Learnt about computer installation and troubleshooting, Trained to dissemble and assemble computers.
A Good Family Atmosphere
Customer Solution Centre (Current Employee), ManchesterSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: staff are friendly
Cons: long hours and shift
RAC is a reputable company that has been established for many years. It is a very good organisation to work for, with an excellent working colleague atmosphere.
Interesting and varied
Administrator (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJuly 8, 2013
General administration work covering the Billings and collection side of the RAC.

About RAC

As Britain`s longest standing motoring organisation, we have been rescuing motorists and championing their rights for the last – Read more