Litigation Legal Assistant – 6 Month Contract
On behalf of our client we are seeking a litigation assistant who possesses experience in Civil, Commercial, Construction, Product Liability and Employment litigation. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of client focus, excellent work ethic as well as enjoy working as part of a team.
- Draft and prepare correspondence, including letters and memos.
- Draft and prepare basic court pleadings.
- Managing, maintaining and organizing court documents and service lists.
- Responsibility for serving court pleadings and other documents effectively.
- Digital Dictation.
- Maintaining an exceptional degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- File management: requisition new files, maintain a record of all client files, related records and general files.
- Input all time entries daily and process all accounts for lawyers.
- Coordinate client meetings, arranging for catering or audio-visual equipment as needed. Organize equipment and other materials for on-site and off-site presentations.
- 5+ years' experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant., with at least 2 years of experience in commercial litigation.
- Knowledge of the new AB Rules of Court.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work effectively under pressure as well as ability to effectively manage time during prolonged periods of relative inactivity.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Capacity to learn other firm-specific software.
- Dedicated to providing quality service to the lawyers, their clients and consistently striving to exceed expectations.
- Strong attention to detail as it relates to drafting of correspondence, proofreading and preparation of client bills, often under challenging time constraints.
Indeed - 10 months ago